I liked Microsofts better Sony 4.5 but Microsoft 5.0

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

Why? Why bother? It's not a competition.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cdfishman

looking at a comparison, i think most people considered that with the 360 getting metal gear, and ff 13, that sony were looking dead in the water.

but god bless them, they still put on a decent show with some great stuff
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

Here come the fanboys.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cc23574

Sony was amazing, fuck the expensive price I'm getting a ps3 damnit. AC2 and GOW3,... I.....Came.......Dude!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

its just semantics now.
Motion sensing with the dildos is awesme motion sensing with your body is not.
Motion sensing with your body is awesome, motion sensing with dildos is not.

though the microsoft service has a leg up it could be used with the dildos as well.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Cirdain

God damm that camera tech demo was good. But I think the thing that made sony better was the way they showed it. But all in all microsof one is better.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Sony annoucned for the PS3:
Agent
Kart Racer thingy
FF14 MMO (presumably on 360 and pc as well as they said "debuting first exclusively on the ps3")
Motion Control

And I think that's it.  they just showed off lots of games we've already seenbesides that. Not exactly impressive at all.   But on the psp front.  Damn.  That all I'll say.  I'd get a PSP, not a DS now, if I were to get a handheld.

I dunno, they jsut seemed to show a lot of gameplay of fan favorites we've already seen at Sony's E3.   Cool, but you only get credit for that once

---> it seems like Sony's, for the ps3, relied mroe upon showing off games that are multiplat.  I think they only did that for 2 games at MS's.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By randiolo

sony kicked some serious ass youll must admit.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Pie
@cc23574 said:
" Sony was amazing, fuck the expensive price I'm getting a ps3 damnit. AC2 and GOW3,... I.....Came.......Dude! "
AC2 is out on 360 you know.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Milkman
@The_A_Drain said:
" Why? Why bother? It's not a competition. "
Well, you know, it kind of is.

But yeah, this thread can only end bad.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Milkman:

I guess it is actually, but yeah I don't see this ending well for anyone.
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cc23574
@Pie said:
"
@cc23574 said:
" Sony was amazing, fuck the expensive price I'm getting a ps3 damnit. AC2 and GOW3,... I.....Came.......Dude! "
AC2 is out on 360 you know."

I know, I was talking about the gameplay!
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By randiolo
@Pie said:
"
@cc23574 said:
AC2 is out on 360 you know. "
GOW3 aint.....
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jensonb

Sony won, hands down. MS wasn't even mediocre, and Sony had the best Conference ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

None of them interested me much at all and were a big disappointment but Microsoft had the better all round showing, they have alot more exclusives than I thought. I expected more from Sony's first party really seeing how strong it was with the PS2 and they've just let down again, lots of great looking titles but nothing that interests me much. For example God of War, everyone seems to love it but I found th egameplay to be boring like a repetitive button masher.

racastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By racastro

Microsofts exclusives are up to par and the "Natal" sure is open enough to do the same as what Sony's motion sensing wands can or could do. Besides the "Natal" seems a bit more finished...I can't help but get the idea that Sony pulled this out of the basement to keep up with microsoft's conference at the last minute.

This E3 conference war goes to Microsoft

baggykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By baggykins

i was more surprised while watching MS compared to Sony...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pie
@randiolo: GEARS OF WAR 3 IS COMIN OUT ON 360 LOLOLOLOLOL BRAP BRAP BRAP
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By choffy21
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" Sony annoucned for the PS3:AgentKart Racer thingyFF14 MMO (presumably on 360 and pc as well as they said "debuting first exclusively on the ps3")Motion ControlAnd I think that's it.  they just showed off lots of games we've already seenbesides that. Not exactly impressive at all. "
The Kart Racer thing looked pretty fucking sick.
TheWiFiJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheWiFiJedi

Both were great It's hard to say

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By kraznor

Microsoft had more surprises so I'll give it to them. They also just had a tighter, faster paced show. Not showing any kind of sales data is definitely the way to go to keep momentum going. And the PSP stuff went on a bit long.

FireRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By FireRail

Both were great, but I believe that Microsoft's full body motion control will pave the way for the future rather than Sony's.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#25  Edited By Icemael

Personally, I liked Microsoft's better. The only things that made me go "Dude, awesome!" in Sony's were Last Guardian, Uncharted 2 and GoW3. In Microsoft's, there was Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Crackdown 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Shadow Complex...

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Warfare

I go with Sony this year.

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By twillfast

I certainly had more fun looking at the sony press conference, but hey, I think what's important is that we let the games speak for themselves.

So... how about that nintendo... uh... lullaby. Did it win?

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By randiolo
@Pie said:
" @randiolo: GEARS OF WAR 3 IS COMIN OUT ON 360 LOLOLOLOLOL BRAP BRAP BRAP "
GOD OF WAR YOU STUIPID PIE !
CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CharlieTuna

I want to pool option of "both were great" but if i have to choose I'd say Sony. Own both systems and this E3 made me a very happy owner.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thiago
It was like watching a massacre. I felt sorry for Microsoft and 360 fanboys. Humiliation is the correct word.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pie
@randiolo: OH NOES I FIZZLED UP........
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By killdave

impressed by both
suprised by both

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hairydutchman

Sony was the better one for me.

Though we all know Nintendo is going to have the best sales despite having the weakest conference.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Teh_Eel

Sony had more games on display I would enjoy playing and Microsoft had a vast amount of games I had little interest in, serioulsy more Halo?

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PhilESkyline
@Kraznor said:
" Microsoft had more surprises so I'll give it to them. They also just had a tighter, faster paced show. Not showing any kind of sales data is definitely the way to go to keep momentum going. And the PSP stuff went on a bit long. "
I agree with you. MS had a faster pace that kept me engaged. All the sales data and stats put me to sleep. Seriously I nodded off here and there. The PSP stuff went entirely too long. About 90% of Sony's games I already heard about and saw video before. I was a little disappointed.
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GeekDown

Loved Microsoft's conference...didn't really watch that much of Sony's but the stuff that I saw was pretty good. Overall I have to go with Microsoft.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PhilESkyline
@ROWD said:
" Sony impressed me but I'd give it to Microsoft as well. The Sony "motion controller" if you think about it is just a wiimote with motion plus. Microsoft just had one big announcement after another. But that's just my opinion... "
Co-signing
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#39  Edited By Vinchenzo

Neither. I hope I'm not the only one out there when I say that every conference this year lacked "oomph" moments. Nothing surprising, all predictable, etc. MS wins by a slight margin, but I'm not happy with either to clarify.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By Diamond

Sony had a better conference, fact.  I don't care what excuses the fanboys make.  Only if you prefer the non-game elements like Facebook integration could you rationally prefer one of the other conferences.

MS's conference was somewhat disappointing.  Nintendo's was solid enough.  Sony showed everything I wanted them to and a whole lot more.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@Vinchenzo said:
" Neither. I hope I'm not the only one out there when I say that every conference this year lacked "oomph" moments. Nothing surprising, all predictable, etc. MS wins by a slight margin, but I'm not happy with either to clarify. "
I agree with this man.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By keyhunter

This aint E3 2005 that's for sure.
Microsofts stuff was more to the point, had more stuff to show, and more interesting stuff to show. But other than the NATAL thing, I probably won't buy one tenth of those games.
SONY's conference had a theme song for every stupid video montage they showed, and I think they had like 2 exclusives, and Trico looks like it might be designed with "GuRL G4m3rZZZ" in mind or something. Duel wiimotes was cool I guess.

I don't expect E3 to really be that interesting until the year before the next console generation when everyone starts unveiling new hardware.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JJOR64

Sony because they showed more new games.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#44  Edited By Y2Ken

Alright, I'm going to straight copy what I wrote on the Sony Live Blog comments, as it fits perfectly here...

Great conference overall, I agree entirely in that it seems Microsoft and Sony have developed similar things and it's difficult to tell right now which will be the better... Natal doesn't need a controller but lacks the precision of Sony's tech demo... and ModNation seems to slightly have one over on MS's avatar-based kart racer thing what with customization and the super-cool track editor... GoW III is big though.

Biggest surprise? FF XIV by far - I thought he was going to mention Versus XIII so when he said it and also said 2010 I was thinking "Whut?... Did he say... Nah, surely... Is this Versus XIII?... I guess it could be the new FF Online... Well it definitely says XIV up there... Oh, yep it's an online one" - looks pretty cool though.

And of course GoW III looks like lots of fun. And was that damage in GT5? Hard to tell but I'd have thought they'd have shown it off more á la Forza if there was a deep-set damage model in the game, so we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

All in all, for me Sony wins. But not by much. So I rank them same as last year - Sony, MS, Ninty - but MS were much, much closer to Sony this year, while Ninty were still pretty disappointing, although it wasn't horrible to watch - I quite enjoyed it at times.

Ken out.

herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By herreno

Sony's press conference just edged it for me.
The motion controller actually got me kinda excited, more so than microsofts natal project.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#47  Edited By Valkyr

Sony won, Microsoft had Modern Warfare 2 and MGS Rising demos but they are both multiplatform, on the other hand Sony announced the Assassin's Creed 2 exclusive content. The one that surprised me was FF XIV and the great work they are doing with the PSP, lot of exclusives games coming both for PS3 and PSP, this is definitely Sony's year and sales might Skyrocket. If they announce a PS3 price cut at TGS ,they will totally own the competition

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thiago

Sony did it!

Good luck next year. I hope by then Microsoft hired some non-retarded engineers and fixed the 360 once and for all.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By trophyhunter
@Valkyr said:
" Sony won, Microsoft had Modern Warfare 2 and MGS Rising demos but they are both multiplatform, on the other hand Sony announced the Assassin's Creed 2 exclusive content. The one that surprised me was FF XIV and the great work they are doing with the PSP, lot of exclusives games coming both for PS3 and PSP, this is definitely Sony's year and sales might Skyrocket. If they announce a PS3 price cut at TGS ,they will totally own the competition "
don't take this the wrong way but I love you sir
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JakJ

I liked them both and thought each was really exciting. I'd have to give the edge to MS though because they just showed games and never talked about pointless (to us) numbers.