• 90 results
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SolemnOaf

I must say I was more confident of the Pre-Natal exbawks.  hurr hurr. 

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Ross

Have to go with MS. More surprises, more gameplay, less stats; was just more entertaining for me overall but Sony still had a very solid conference.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By keyhunter

Everyone seems to be forgetting about the EA press conference and how it was clearly the best.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Djeffers03

Sony's and microsoft's press conferences were both awsome so you can't really say one was better than the other but Nintendo's was terrible

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By mordukai
@natetodamax said:
" Here come the fanboys. "
Hulk Hogan Voice: "You said it brother!"
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pibo47

As much as i wanted sony to throw so serious bombs. They only threw like...5. MS wins IMO. Liked it more than Sony.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By jNerd
@The_A_Drain said:
" Why? Why bother? It's not a competition. "
....yes, yes it is actually.
billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By billcosby2004

It was a tie, I own and like both.  I just have no idea how I'll be able to afford everything that's coming within the next year. 

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Thinking about it, I want to buy every single game they played with the exception of Rock Band.  God.
Pretty much all of those games were potential AAA titles.

Guys, sony only had like 3 announcements.  FF14 (which is timed exclusive according to major), kart racing, agent and  motion controllers. 
The rest was just gameplay from things that we've seen already or another trailer for a game that alrady has one.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By shadows_kill

i thought both where pretty good. i didnt like that sony's got cut off so they couldnt show heavy rain and wkc (or did they just not have those?)

overall i think sony did better. final fantasy 14, agent (even tho no pics or into), kart racing game, and the last guardian for new ps3 game announcements i must say was awesome. then all of those psp games they where showing off also psp go was really cool even tho most likely i wouldnt be buying one.

ms was nice with forza 3 (trailer of it was amazing), new epic xla game, halo, alan wake, and halo was alright. out of all of the ms things that was cool it was alan wake. it just seemed so different and even tho alot of it was confusing i thought it was cool.

motion controls tho.. they seemed almost the same. ball on stick seemed better manly cause with ms's i dont see how you pause or if it picks it up for something else then well... i see it not being that great. but for both of them just like every game console camra. it turns out to be a failure.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By shadows_kill
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"  Guys, sony only had like 3 announcements.  FF14 (which is timed exclusive according to major), kart racing, agent and  motion controllers
3? you mean 5. team ico game is finaly showed off. agent. FF14. kart racer and motion controls and then they showed off a ton of new psp stuff so it was more than 5 or 3 to you..
Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Snuffy

Although MS had a lot of multiplatform games, FFXIII, CoD:MW2, and Forza just looked amazing to me.  The way they presented things just interested me more than the Sony conference.

They were all about a tie, all behind right behind each other, even Nintendo.  (Golden Sun and Metroid made me a happy guy :D)  MS being slightly above Sony, and Sony behind above Nintendo.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63  Edited By CoolDrMoney

The MS conference was good, but the Sony conference was fantastic, once again proving that they are the best at showcasing their products in the wake of E3 06. They hit hard with great game announcements and gameplay demos. Showing off that motion controller had all the potential to come off as horrendously awkward, but it actually showed off some really neat possibilities and they had a great sense of humor about the whole thing. They even played off the whole reveal leak issue very well, and Jack Tretton is shoulder to shoulder with Reggie for best conference MC.

I'm purchasing a PS3 very soon and I am very excited after today.

Also, I gotta give Nintendo some credit, they did very well as well. In five years of watching these conferences, this has been the only time that I came away very satisfied with what all 3 companies showed off.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

They were both pretty good, but I expected everything I saw at Sony, almost no surprises. Plus Microsoft had got right into the games much more quickly with less talking or showing of business figures. Also, I really dont give a shit about PS2 anymore and could care less about PSP.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Guardian

Sony. They were relentless. Ever part was a high part for me. Beginning with Uncharted and ending with God of War. Everything in-between was awesome. 

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By godzilla_sushi
@thiago said:
" It was like watching a massacre. I felt sorry for Microsoft and 360 fanboys. Humiliation is the correct word. "
You're so over the top man. I keep coming up on the posts you write....like, relax.

You should read out loud some of the stuff you say.
gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

i liked Microsofts much more.  it had less bullshit and more showing of the games.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Guardian said:
"Sony. They were relentless. Ever part was a high part for me. Beginning with Uncharted and ending with God of War. Everything in-between was awesome.  "

i dont get it.  You've already seen those games.  How are they anything special?

Hell, GOW3 looked just like every other one.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Both conferences were great, it makes me glad I own both systems. If I had to choose a better conference, I'd pick Microsoft, I just find their motion control more interesting.

sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By sdauz

both sides had really good stuff, MAG snore?, Uncharted looked awesome, MGS interesting, halo was ok - finally they showed something, GoW looked ok (not bloody enough), CoD looked fantastic, crackdown 2 lol Jeff was right....the list goes on

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TwoOneFive

how is the other poll winning and yet this one is losing?!!??!

Sony's conference was much better. 
Only two things were great about MS's- Splinter Cell and Natal. 

Sony had a shit load of awesomeness!! So many great games!

I must agree though, MS's formula, the way there show was designed was very very well done. Sony's was still very much stuck in the past, much like Nintendo's was, but even still, Sony had the best stuff. 
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By End_Boss

No Caption Provided

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DECA555
@thiago: k ive been called a fanboy (and rightly so) but this is too much. At least i back my fanboyisms up with fact. 
Ekasra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ekasra

Although I believe Microsoft had the better line up of games in my opinion (Beatles: Rock Band, Metal Gear, Halo: Reach, ODST, Assassin's Creed), I thought Sony announced a couple of neat things including both the motion sensor technology and that cart racing game. If they drop the price, I'll consider buying a PS3.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Guardian
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@Guardian said:
"Sony. They were relentless. Ever part was a high part for me. Beginning with Uncharted and ending with God of War. Everything in-between was awesome.  "
i dont get it.  You've already seen those games.  How are they anything special?Hell, GOW3 looked just like every other one. "
Its my opinion, so shut it. Just because they were announced already doesn't mean I like the games less. And you're response is expected from a Microsoft fanboy. 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@Guardian said:
i dont get it.  You've already seen those games.  How are they anything special?Hell, GOW3 looked just like every other one. "
Its my opinion, so shut it. Just because they were announced already doesn't mean I like the games less. And you're response is expected from a Microsoft fanboy. 
"
No, what I'm saying is that you'e essentially seeing the same game.  We already saw gameplay of Uncharted, GOW, MAG,  trailer of Trico (what's it called now), and quite a bit of that.  We already knew how those played.   It's not like a Conviction/AlanWake/ODST gameplay reveal. 

I don't get it.  How can a new level reveal of the same gameplay style be a bigger thing than announcing a title or showing off something like Conviction or Alan Wake which haven't been shown before in their real forms?

--- As far as I'm concerned, for the ps3, sony showed 0 new gameplay reveals from games on their console, and then announced a motion control, that kart thingy, ff14 mmo, and then just gave us the name agent.
Their best announcement imo as far as new games go came from the microsoft event imo.  MGS: RIsiing.  Then FF14  (as it's you know, a mmo-- do want to know what this is ocming out on though-- he weirdly worded it at the conference)

How are people comparing this to MS's with, speaking about exclusives here,  Conviction gameplay reveal, ODST gameplay reveal, alan wake reveal, crackdown 2, halo: reach, MGS5: risen (also on ps3), and then their motion camera, which actually looks good. 

* People getting excited over Sony's reminds me of those who got excited when they played Gears 2 at last E3.  Cool and all, but you're just showing us more gameplay.  This is something that ould easily randomly appear on gametrailers or whatever
----> in short, there as to be something new.
Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Guardian
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@Guardian said:
"
No, what I'm saying is that you'e essentially seeing the same game.  We already saw gameplay of Uncharted, GOW, MAG,  trailer of Trico (what's it called now), and quite a bit of that.  We already knew how those played.   It's not like a Conviction/AlanWake/ODST gameplay reveal.  I don't get it.  How can a new level reveal of the same gameplay style be a bigger thing than announcing a title or showing off something like Conviction or Alan Wake which haven't been shown before in their real forms?--- As far as I'm concerned, for the ps3, sony showed 0 new gameplay reveals from games on their console, and then announced a motion control, that kart thingy, ff14 mmo, and then just gave us the name agent. Their best announcement imo as far as new games go came from the microsoft event imo.  MGS: RIsiing.  Then FF14  (as it's you know, a mmo-- do want to know what this is ocming out on though-- he weirdly worded it at the conference)How are people comparing this to MS's with, speaking about exclusives here,  Conviction gameplay reveal, ODST gameplay reveal, alan wake reveal, crackdown 2, halo: reach, MGS5: risen (also on ps3), and then their motion camera, which actually looks good.  * People getting excited over Sony's reminds me of those who got excited when they played Gears 2 at last E3.  Cool and all, but you're just showing us more gameplay.  This is something that ould easily randomly appear on gametrailers or whatever----> in short, there as to be something new. "
Again its our own god damn opinion and do us all a favor and stop trying to convince us otherwise. I don't own a 360 so I'm obviously going to lean towards Sony. There isn't anything wrong with that. This isn't SmugDarkLoser.com where only his opinion matters. 
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By JakJ

Calm down you two.

It's okay to have opposing opinions, and it's also okay to confront opposing opinions with facts or other opinions. No need to get worked up.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Guardian said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
Again its our own god damn opinion and do us all a favor and stop trying to convince us otherwise. I don't own a 360 so I'm obviously going to lean towards Sony. There isn't anything wrong with that. This isn't SmugDarkLoser.com where only his opinion matters.  "

Just saying you know.  Sony didn't really announce many games.  Very comparable to what the wii did imo.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80  Edited By turboman

Sony wins. Why? Microsoft Devoted 30 minutes to Third Party games coming to both platforms, so that nullifies that. Kojima announcement goes to both platforms. Halo didn't blow anyone away. Kudo kicked ass, but major bugs throughout(though natal looks awesome)

From beginning to end(except for Assassins Creed 2) for Sony's 2 hour press conference, it was the exclusive Sony show. Solid game announcements after solid game announcements. Two huge exclusives revealed(FFXIV and Rockstar game), and Jack was a great host.
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

close this year

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By Discorsi

Ummm that is really tough.  I loved the flow of the Microsoft conference and the whole layout while the PS3 went for more a simple backdrop and tons of propoganda.  Microsoft definitely win that aspect(presentation of the presesntaion ;p).  Games wise both sides had some really solid showings. 

On the Microsoft side, all of the games they showed impressed me and I am pretty much excited for all of them.  Definitely the highlight was Splinter Cell Conviction followed by Alan Wake (and Shadow Complex).  Conviction was cool because they actually demoed it and it looked very good with the combat/stealth and the walls with integrated videos or w/e you call it.  The last place you were outline thing seemed very cool as well.  All of the added features to XBL seemed like perfect fits and make for a complete online experience.  1080p videos ftw and the backlog of full retail games being able to be bought on an online store is a big plus.

On the Sony side, almost all of the games intrigued me with the exception of the psp crap and MAG.  God of War 3 showing was nice but it really wasn't anything I wouldn't expect from the third entry of the God of War franchise.  The Wand/Ball on a Stick seemed very cool and miles beyong the wii.  It impressed me slightly more then Natal because it seems more of a reality while the possibilites of Natal are unlimited but uncertain.  The standout for me was Uncharted 2.  The gameplay and all of the explosions and the visuals all combined to make a very awesome experience.

So yeah overall I really enjoyed them both but the Microsoft press conference wins my vote due to its outstanding format and the games shown.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#83  Edited By Jeust
@thiago said:
" It was like watching a massacre. I felt sorry for Microsoft and 360 fanboys. Humiliation is the correct word. "
Only to the ears... 

The sony conference was... 

The CEO: "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla show videogame bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla show video game bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla show video game bla bla bla bla bla bla show videogame show video show video game bla bla bla bla the end."

It was very boring... even because the ceo doesn't seem to know to speak very well to crowds. 

I liked more the microsoft one... It was more focused in showing games than talking about them.

Also the motion control presentation for the sony was kind of sloppy. 

In the end though more professional the microsoft looked more friendly than the cold word crunshing from the sony ceo.

And about the games itself though there were nice games on either sides the one that looked the cooler was, for me the Uncharted 2.

But maybe it is too focused in the action, and less in the adventure departement.

Alan Wake also looked great.

There a tun of great games in either platform. 

But the biggest and most awesome moment has seeing the Natal project in motion. I WANT THAT!!!! It looked great :))))

In the end Microsoft was the best one in my opinion.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Commando

I think if the PSP Go wasn't already known about in every aspect, Sony would have won because that would've been huge news. But everyone already knew about it, so no one was really shocked or excited when they heard it. The Miley Cyrus PSP will sell millions though. The rest of Sony's conference wasn't really that exciting to me. Sony is losing exclusives every year because the console is not selling. Developers want their games on a platform that has a large audience.

Although the entire E3 was very disappointing to me. Nothing really blew me away or got me excited this year.

Microsoft won, although they only had an B-grade conference. It's just that everyone else sucked. No one really had a great conference(except maybe Ubisoft... haha)
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jeust
@Commando said:
" Developers want their games on a platform that has a large audience."
Not just that... but it's much easier and quicker to make games for the xbox.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By get2sammyb
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" Sony annoucned for the PS3:AgentKart Racer thingyFF14 MMO (presumably on 360 and pc as well as they said "debuting first exclusively on the ps3")Motion ControlAnd I think that's it.  they just showed off lots of games we've already seenbesides that. Not exactly impressive at all.   But on the psp front.  Damn.  That all I'll say.  I'd get a PSP, not a DS now, if I were to get a handheld. I dunno, they jsut seemed to show a lot of gameplay of fan favorites we've already seen at Sony's E3.   Cool, but you only get credit for that once---> it seems like Sony's, for the ps3, relied mroe upon showing off games that are multiplat.  I think they only did that for 2 games at MS's. "
Oh! Oh wow! Oh my goodness. Ah-haha. On your last statement - Sony relied on multiplat?!? They only showed ONE multiplatform game as a focussed demonstration, and a FF13 trailer. They stuffed all the other third party things into a montage.

Microsoft on the other hand had Beatles: Rock Band, Modern Warfare 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Rising, Tony Hawk Ride. Microsoft spent a good 30 minutes of their show on multiplatform games sir.

Please clarify what the hell you are on about?
TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#87  Edited By TheAdmin

I really loved Nintendo's!!!!  Women's Murder Club FTW! /sarcasm

My favorite thing, like Jeff says in the bombcast, is "NEVER!"
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MeierTheRed

Depends on how you judge them. For me i enjoyed Sony´s more, i thought Jack Trenton was a good host, seemed very humble and it didn´t feel like he had his tongue up consumers or developers asses.

Also i felt that Sony showed more games, and thats what i look forward to. I was bummed about Microsoft not showing Mass Effect 2 at their briefing, Alan Wake looked nice, don´t know about the gameplay though, lost some hype on that title. But then again it was also weird that Sony didn´t show any Heavy Rain.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By get2sammyb
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@Guardian said:
Halo looked just like every other one. Oh snap!
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By turboman
@Jeust:

what are you talking about? Jack is a great host, with some legitamitly funny jokes, and kept the sony conference going at a steady pace.

Atleast he didn't talk to the crowd like it was filled with retards that don't understand english like the Microsoft host does. 

And. Emphasize. Every. Single. Word. That. He. States. To. Get. His. Point. Across. *pause for applause*.
Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91  Edited By Grim_Fandango

I believe Microsoft had a better conference because they showed alot more surprises than Sony did, I mean... For god sakes, they finally unvielled Alan Wake! Halo Reach? Metal Gear Solid? Mass Effect 2? They just had more tricks up there sleeves, alot more room for improvement! PS3 had a strong showing, but not the greatest they've ever had, the system is already strong, they don't need much in the way of improvements, except for a couple key points..

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jeust
@TurboMan said:
" @Jeust:

what are you talking about? Jack is a great host, with some legitamitly funny jokes, and kept the sony conference going at a steady pace.

Atleast he didn't talk to the crowd like it was filled with retards that don't understand english like the Microsoft host does. 

And. Emphasize. Every. Single. Word. That. He. States. To. Get. His. Point. Across. *pause for applause*.
"

For me, he talks too much. I'm a gammer, not a business man, i want to see games... not so much his view about them. For me much that he told was propaganda.

Many weren't mentioned, other just got a simple one shot screen.