The Community Spotlight - 01/16/2015

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Dr. Tracksuit is READY for 2015!!! (By: Bryan Ward)
Dr. Tracksuit is READY for 2015!!! (By: Bryan Ward)

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I am honored too be your host as always!

State of the Site and Housekeeping News

Firstly, for everyone that may be a non-American it is important to note that this week is a three day weekend, and as a result you should not expect to see the standard supply of content on the site. Also, halfway into next week Jeff and Dan are both leaving to head on over to San Antonio to attend PAX South so this may further truncate staff content this week. For those of you that rely on the Giant Bomb YouTube account to watch Quick Looks, understand that the engineers are aware that videos are not posting to the account and people are working on the case.

Clip(s) of the Week

@turboman is back with another great edition of his "Best of Giant Bomb" video series, and this episode is all about the best moments of Metal Gear Scanlon 2. Twin Peaks is coming back, so fans of the show should check out the second video...trust me, it may be a slow burn but it is worth it.

Awesome Artwork

@papercut is the one to thank for the awesome Giant Bomb X Bullet Club T-Shirt design seen below. @pakattak on the other hand created the two Metal Gear Scanlon 2 Codec portraits below.

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Warframe PC Clan - Check out the NEW AND IMPROVED Giant BomB Alliance for Warframe Over HERE!
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris Online Matchmaking Thread - Enjoy Your Puzzle Import Game With Fellow Users Over HERE!
  • Giant Bomb MH4U Hunters Guild - Hunt With Other User By Heading Over HERE!

Wonderful Wikis

Thus far Puyo Puyo Tetris, which has proven to be the right kind of crazy for the Giant Bomb staff and community, and Ironclad Tactics are the recent releases with well done wiki pages. CAPCOM'S MAKING A NEW VIDEO GAME Y'ALL! It's Resident Evil!

Best of Blogs

A special award goes to duncankeller who did the impossible and made Jeff's "Bike 2" game pitch a reality that you can actually play, though he makes no guarantees of quality. Papercutt made a great Giant Bomb X Bullet Club t-shirt cross-over, and pakattack made a couple of great Metal Gear Scanlon 2 codec portraits. jaqen_hghar pontificates on his first foray into Elite: Dangerous, whereas MooseyMcMan tried his hands on two games that pushed his comfort zone, those games being Battlefield 4 and Mirror's Edge. thatpinguino is back with dueling blogs, with the first providing a "Deep Look" into the world of Brutal Legend, and the second providing an introspective look into DDoS attacks. Speaking of going outside of ones comfort zone ArbitraryWater recently played and completed Final Fantasy XIII-2, and shares his conflicted thoughts on the game. Meanwhile bonbolapti also found himself enjoying a game that he had issues with, though his game was Sunset Overdrive. JBG4 is back to wishing you to have a good Monday while you read about his thoughts on the games he played this week. Finally Shivoa, knifeyspoony, granderojo, and zevvion all finally got around to sharing their favorite games of 2014. Better late than never!

Fantastic Forums

With PAX South just around the corner feel free to join our "roll call" for the event to hook up with other users going to the event, and also check out the PAX East version if you were one of the lucky few that got a ticket to that event before they sold out. Beyond that we have plenty of community discussion threads ranging from the new PlayStation Now service to the recent game releases of the week, like the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo, worth checking out and participating in.

Lovable Lists

spraynardtatum plans on using 2015 to knock off all of the games on his gaming backlog list, and brodehouse took the time to list out all of his favorite gaming experiences during the last generation of consoles.

Useful User Reviews

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yeah, that Twin Peaks video...

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZP, The fact you put this out every week speaks volumes about your persona. As always, thank you.

I nearly lost it with that Twin Peaks - Jeff Gerstmann Cameo.

headshot2391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

another job well done by the community and @zombiepie

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4 sparky_buzzsaw  Online

I did important shit this weekend for the next Spotlight. You can read it here.

stuffedanimals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some blogs here recommended are interesting. Some are about a game and we can have a try. Thanks.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By JBG4
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#9  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Some Final Fantasy BS, you know how it is. Feel like that one should have a trigger warning for puns.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZombiePie  Staff

@stuffedanimals: @headshot2391: @pimblycharles: @batmanbatman: Thanks as always for the kind words!

@mento said:

Some Final Fantasy BS, you know how it is. Feel like that one should have a trigger warning for puns.

Is this a blog about how Final Fantasy is "BS," or is the blog BS?

@jbg4 said:

There was yet another edition of Happy Monday Duders this week.

I got angry with Evolve and unsuccessfully tried to seduce Keith David in Saints Row IV... fun was had all around!

Have you evolved as a result of Evolve?

I discovered the page after Jeff added a transcription of an interview and felt inspired. So here's just about everything you could possibly want to know about a 35-year-old mediocre nuclear power plant simulator!

Let me tell you, I could write a term paper about Airport Tycoon!

I did important shit this weekend for the next Spotlight. You can read it here.

This blog could use more anime.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZombiePie  Staff
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of teh Community Spotlight can be found here.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By hassun

This is my first time being selected. Cool!