The Community Spotlight - 08/01/2015

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
A special thanks to aurahack for the banner this week!
A special thanks to aurahack for the banner this week!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host once again. Hopefully everyone has recovered from the shock of Giant Bomb East serving Giant Bomb Proper a cold dish of revenge at the latest Us vs. Them stream. Now let's move onto the Giant Bomb housekeeping:

The Giant Bomb PAX Prime pre-panel meet and greet is all set for August 28th! It is an all subscriber event that you must RSVP. Please be aware that you must be 21 years of age or older in order to attend this event.

The BeyondPod app has been fixed for now and plans to block the app have been halted. However now it appears that an issue with the PocketCasts app has been reported. Giant Bomb engineer wcarle is on the case and is attempting to contact PocketCasts to resolve the issue.

For those that don't know, Austin Walker hosts a table-top gaming podcast called "Friends at the Table," and the latest episode of the podcast went live this week.

Finally... things got increasingly META regarding Contradiction and Giant Bomb East.

Clip of the Week

• Giant Bomb Nine Nine (By: @somestickguy_) - Somestickguy_ combined two things that are near and dear to his heart: the Brooklyn Nine Nine and the Giant Bomb staff. Here's the AMAZING result of that match made in heaven.

The Giant Bomb Weekly Gallery of Art

Community Activities

Best of Blogs

Join the Discussion

Lovable Lists

Wonderful Wikis

• Stretch Panic - This weekend marks the end of SGDQ 2015, so enjoy this last batch of wiki pages for the games that made for some of the most exciting/interesting speedruns this Summer (make sure to check the official SGDQ 2015 discussion thread for YouTube archive links). Stretch Panic is one of Treasure's odder games, and that's saying something when we're talking about the developer of Dynamite Headdy.
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time- Polygon video editor (and one-time talking dog) Griffin McElroy wrote about how the trouble-fraught speedrun of the 2004 acrobatic reboot was his favorite this year. Track down that video and read up on the game here.
  • F.E.A.R. - The terrifying FPS saw a very glitch-exploitative speedrun this year, undermining a lot of its scares. Still a great run though. You'll never look at a ladder the same way again.
  • Shovel Knight - Yacht Club Games' universally acclaimed 2014 throwback filled with shovelrous knights and dastardly blackguards had an interesting speedrun this year as the runner eschewed all relics and health upgrades. Dig into the game's nuances via its detailed wiki page. Plus: Look out for some free DLC coming soon!
  • Roundabout - Finally, the speedrun of Dave Lang's Turnover deserves special mention this year for the kind shout-out to the Giant Bomb community after the runner passed by the special in-game monument of a sombrero'd Ryan Davis. It's always Tuesday when you're a groovy rotating limousine driver.

Useful User Reviews

Fink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Creeper cam! Dun dun dun!!!!! Awesome job with the spotlight, as always. Kudos to everyone who made the list. Ya'll rock! =)

Avatar image for plonkplonkplonk
plonkplonkplonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the shout out! Means a lot.

Giant Bomb - bringing people together that already knew each other several years ago.

arawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish I could like that Brooklyn Nine Nine video more than once...great job!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5  Edited By fisk0  Moderator  Online

Huh, surprised to see my list on there. Thanks @zombiepie!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

I think this was this week. Or maybe it was like, last week. I totally added a lightsaber to Jeff doin the Star Wars Kid =D

Jedi Gerstmann

morecowbell24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 37

Great work as usual, and thanks again!

LadyHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Awwww, thanks. Such an awesome community.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the iRacing team shoutout :D We had a lot of fun.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man the Giant Bomb Nine-Nine video is INCREDIBLE! Great job @somestickguy_!

ThreeEyedSloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for including my interview with Austin about Friends at the Table! :)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Thank you for the "lovely" link for newer users on Giant Bomb.

@naoiko said:

Creeper cam! Dun dun dun!!!!! Awesome job with the spotlight, as always. Kudos to everyone who made the list. Ya'll rock! =)

Indeed and thank you for the kind words.

Thanks for the shout out! Means a lot.

Giant Bomb - bringing people together that already knew each other several years ago.

@fisk0 said:

Huh, surprised to see my list on there. Thanks @zombiepie!

Awwww, thanks. Such an awesome community.

@khann said:

Thanks for the iRacing team shoutout :D We had a lot of fun.

Thanks for including my interview with Austin about Friends at the Table! :)

I am always here to help, but do appreciate the feedback. If any of your have done anything in the last week drop a link to it here as well.

I think this was this week. Or maybe it was like, last week. I totally added a lightsaber to Jeff doin the Star Wars Kid =D

Jedi Gerstmann

I have got this down for the next edition, and thank you for creating this "gem."

@arawk said:

I wish I could like that Brooklyn Nine Nine video more than once...great job!

Oh man the Giant Bomb Nine-Nine video is INCREDIBLE! Great job @somestickguy_!

@somestickguy_ has done some great television and Giant Bomb mashups before, and I am excited for whatever the next mashup will be. Maybe Law & Order?

Somestickguy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: I think you might be thinking of someone else, Giant Bomb Nine Nine was my first video editing project, followed shortly by Giants and Bombination! You'll be getting another one next week, too...!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: I think you might be thinking of someone else, Giant Bomb Nine Nine was my first video editing project, followed shortly by Giants and Bombination! You'll be getting another one next week, too...!

As long as you don't put a Brazzer's logo on it then I'm fine.

There are other things that I would not be okay with as well.

Avatar image for plonkplonkplonk
plonkplonkplonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZombiePie

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/hambos-writing-on-games-on-player-agency-and-art-1778528/#0

Thanks!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZombiePie

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/hambos-writing-on-games-on-player-agency-and-art-1778528/#0

Thanks!

I have you down for the next episode. Thank you for providing this link!

KurlBurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My comment is a bit late, coming back from vacation, but thanks for the shout-out there, @zombiepie!

arawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zombiepie: Yeah, I live in Japan and Kanji just confuses me so I don't bother half the time haha.