• 55 results
way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By way

Jeff was at e3 when the PS1 was shown, and I can imagine that was the best e3 ever.

As for this e3....wow, gaming has really took a turn for the worst. It's gotten progressivley worse since the N64 era.

I sold my 360, and I'm just PC gaming until next gen. Starcraft 2 and Diablo III should last me til then I hope.

It's just, embarassing how horrible and casual everything has gotten. I miss the 90's :(

broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By broqz

sorry you feel that way.  and why the pc?  its not like the pc isn't littered with casual gaming?  (as if that is a bad thing?)

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

You're wrong. So what if things have gotten more casual? There were still tons, and tons of awesome new things shown and announced. If anything, this was one of the better E3's.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By atejas

You again? I thought you crawled into your little sunshiney childhood corner.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Um, newsflash, the PlayStation you love so much had the biggest impact in bringing games to the mainstream (casual) audience, and the "hardcore" systems of the era were left eating its dust sales wise (Neo Geo, Saturn)... It just got stagnant after a couple of generations hence something fresh was needed to repeat those steps towards further mainstream acceptance and appreciation. Nintendo happened to get it right first this time, while the other companies now follow suit. As for the motion controls, hey, look, they didn't even show any games using them, so why don't you go enjoy the games that don't use them? Also note the PC you love so much has been using the equivalent method of the Wii remote for decades, you're just used to it more, but it's pretty much motion based. You're probably the type of person that would condemn people for using a mouse in their Doom deathmatch games instead of the keyboard keys or something. In short, get off your high horse.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By way

ugh, like what, the Natal? Worst idea since the Virtual Boy. Yeah it looks good on paper, but noone's going to actually buy it.

Same with the ps3 wands.

Innovative but definatley won't translate.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrPerfect

I feel that the PS3 and even the Xbox 360 gives us great games to play, for us hardcore gamers and even casual gamers. I enjoyed this E3 immensely and felt that Sony's was one of the best with Microsoft being a close second. 

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By FlipperDesert
@way said:
" ugh, like what, the Natal? Worst idea since the Virtual Boy. Yeah it looks good on paper, but noone's going to actually buy it.Same with the ps3 wands. Innovative but definatley won't translate. "
You do realise that those were prototypes, right? Or that these won't replace the games that you like to play?

Seriously, I'm getting damn tired of people complaining about the casual vs. hardcore. What, games are made accessible for people apart from you so that's bad? Quit whining, there's still plenty out there and gaming not being your exclusive little club anymore means the industry is growing. Standard controls won't be replaced for a long time.

Oh, by the way, anyone been following my drinking game? Take a shot.
way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By way

You can't even die in Prince of Persia, this gen is a disgrace, how dare you

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Wait, you're complaing about things going away form the gamer on the 360?  You're joking? What was shown off as far as actually games?  Beatles, COD, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, MGS: Rising, Final Fantasy 13, Crackdown 2, Joy Ride (free), Shadow Complex, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, Forza 3, Ride.  Yea, really going away from the gamer....

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zityz

You are 100% Wrong.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By way
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"Wait, you're complaing about things going away form the gamer on the 360?  You're joking? What was shown off as far as actually games?  Beatles, COD, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, MGS: Rising, Final Fantasy 13, Crackdown 2, Joy Ride (free), Shadow Complex, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, Forza 3, Ride.  Yea, really going away from the gamer.... "

Horrible games, compared to Half-Life, Starcraft, Diablo, Everquest, Ocarina of Time, and Goldeneye. Everything you named is disposable.

Beatles is ok though
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Red

No Caption Provided

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scroll
@way: You're the worst e3 ever; But seriously it's going to be very different from a show over a decade ago. Different isn't precisely worse and it's a ton better than the last few.

And shitty casual games have been around for quite some time, have you only just realised?
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r
@way said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"Wait, you're complaing about things going away form the gamer on the 360?  You're joking? What was shown off as far as actually games?  Beatles, COD, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, MGS: Rising, Final Fantasy 13, Crackdown 2, Joy Ride (free), Shadow Complex, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, Forza 3, Ride.  Yea, really going away from the gamer.... "
Horrible games, compared to Half-Life, Starcraft, Diablo, Everquest, Ocarina of Time, and Goldeneye. Everything you named is disposable. Beatles is ok though "
So if those games are the highlights of gaming to you (lolz, Diablo is not casual and simplistic? lolz), how was last E3 better for this one to be the "worst ever" then? It seems that every E3 that didn't involve Diablo 3 and Starcraft II should have been hell for you. Why this one specifically? Lol. But maybe you'll ignore this post just like my last one as it was showing your contradictions... Have fun trolling! Everyone else:

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By TheKidNixon

No good games huh?

What about Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Lost Planet 2, Assassin's Creed 2 (a game that looks like it delivers on the promise of its predecessor), Borderlands, an HD Final Fantasy, a good Star Wars MMO, Rock Star Beatles, DJ Hero, APB, Shadow Complex, Brutal motherfucking Legend, MAG. Plus the stuff that is announced but not shown, including a Metroid reinvention (AGAIN!) and possibly the first good 3D Castlevania game.

If none of those games excite you, I have no idea what to say brother. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By way

1995 was a golden year, with the Saturn and Playstation, you never saw stuff like that before.

You guys need a history lesson

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK

I thought it was good. Halo, forza, crackdown 2, etc there were LOTS OF GOOD GAMES

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By scroll
@way: Rose tinted glasses much?
way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By way

No, but the Natal guy was wearing them for sure, also literally

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By scroll
@way: So you didn't understand then eh?

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By way

Ever see an avatar boot?

BAM

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By sweep  Moderator

CONTROVERSIAL TITLE = LOTS OF COMMENTS

It's fucking MATH.

Everyone who replies is a fool. Including me. MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111oneoneoneoneone
way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By way

cause I'm probably the only interesting user here.

Everyone else is boring, just like most people at my college too.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DECA555
@way said:
" You can't even die in Prince of Persia, this gen is a disgrace, how dare you "
              lol your such a little bitch. Shut up or fuck off back to the last gen. Nobody here will miss you.
way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By way

last gen sucked too.

N64/Ps1 was the last good one, but of course none of you bought the Dreamcast cause you preferred a DVD over games, so I won't include the DC

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By get2sammyb
@MrPerfect said:
" I feel that the PS3 and even the Xbox 360 gives us great games to play, for us hardcore gamers and even casual gamers. I enjoyed this E3 immensely and felt that Sony's was one of the best with Microsoft being a close second.  "
Yeah agreed man. There were great games shown all around to be honest - even Nintendo totally piqued my interest this year.

Does the Sims mean nothing to you Mr. PCFanboy original poster?
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Al3xand3r
@way said:
" last gen sucked too.N64/Ps1 was the last good one, but of course none of you bought the Dreamcast cause you preferred a DVD over games, so I won't include the DC "
Show me your Dreamcast mr-hardcore-who-ignores-all-posts-highlighting-his-contradictions-and-nonsensical-rants. Write your nickname on a paper hold it up alongside the Dreamcast and take a photo. That may prove you at least have some attitude to back your nonsensical trolling with.

Besides, since you love the PlayStation so much, why do you now denounce its rather worthy successor? It had pretty much the same things, and new gems like Ico and SOTC on top. You totally seem to just be going off of random "hardcore" rants you get off of google and know shit about.
Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bob_Toeback

Well, I still really like all the new games coming out, but I must say N64 was one of the best consoles (atleast its replayable lol(mega-ly replayable))

zeouterlimits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zeouterlimits
@way said:
" cause I'm probably the only interesting user here.Everyone else is boring, just like most people at my college too. "
Give me your lonely lonely tears you bitter old man.
Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Plasma

dont feed the trolls

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bigandtasty

which is more prevalent here, "everything sucks now" or "being non-mainstream is so awesome"?

Avatar image for shadowsaber_806
ShadowSaber_806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShadowSaber_806
@way said:
"ugh, like what, the Natal? Worst idea since the Virtual Boy. Yeah it looks good on paper, but noone's going to actually buy it.Same with the ps3 wands. Innovative but definatley won't translate."

The problem is both are "paper projects".  The purpose of the demonstrations for both of them were to show where the technology is heading. Although, I will admit I'm a bit worried about the estimated release of the PS Wand. My prediction right now is that it might end up a rushed and flawed final product.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Al3xand3r

I dunno about that Shadow, if their design is sound then it's all good. Nintendo started work on Motion Plus 6 months before the last E3, yet it was nearly finalised at that point. Of course, if their design isn't well thought out then there lie the potential issues.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By atejas
@way said:
" 1995 was a golden year, with the Saturn and Playstation, you never saw stuff like that before.You guys need a history lesson "
You really think 95 was better than 98?

I suppose you're going to tell me the Dreamcast was better than the PS2 next?
altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By altdimension
@way said:
" ugh, like what, the Natal? Worst idea since the Virtual Boy. Yeah it looks good on paper, but noone's going to actually buy it.Same with the ps3 wands. Innovative but definatley won't translate. "
Those developments won't affect your gaming at all. Your not forced to buy into any of the motion controller stuff (unless you own a Wii I suppose) and more still there will be some things that need to have a controller to play them, some games can't be played any other way.

You might want to speak with a little more of an open mind, neither the Sony or Microsoft motion controls will be coming until late 2010 there is plently of time for the technology to be perfected etc... Just think, in a couple years you may be thinking that this motion controller was the best thing since the D-pad.
scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By scroll

The utter nonsense that continued in this thread is sadly quite believable.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By AutomaticSnake

wtf?

Tom_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tom_H

For me, this was a good E3. Last year's was disappointing but this one was a great improvement!

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By flaminghobo
@Plasma said:
" dont feed the trolls "
Ditto. (But I still want to)

Yes, the last gens were good but there were also some turds of titles to come out on those gens. NOT ONE OF THEM, IS PERFECT.
If you can't make the best of what we have now, then go crawl into the corner and mumble to yourself while the rest of us have fun with current tech. :)
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Sounds like someones living in the past :(

Kwaz990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kwaz990
@way said:
" cause I'm probably the only interesting user here.Everyone else is boring, just like most people at my college too. "
...Really? You think your interesting because you like Half-life and Diablo? Dude your just like thousands of other people who love those games...you're nothing special. Sorry.  By the way if you hate your college so much why not transfer or something?

And here is my two cents:  I think this was an awesome E3, maybe not the best but I think it was damn good.  All of the new MGS games have gotten me psyched. 
Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By Bwast
No Caption Provided

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CL60

lol

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#47  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The TC trolling can be classified as Retro Elitism, where everything back then was awesome, and everything out now is shit. It's the same thing with people who think that Daggerfall is better than Morrowind and Oblivion

@Bwast said:
"
No Caption Provided

"
also this
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FlipperDesert
@way said:
So you're a dumbass and a misanthrope. Awesome.

So tell me, do you also have trouble talking to girls and feel that nobody really understands you?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49  Edited By natetodamax
@Bwast said:
"
No Caption Provided

"

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Milkman

So what you're saying is...you have no idea what you're talking about?