What are your top 10 games from the last ten years?

• 68 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

There has been alot of great games in the past decade what are your favorites the ones that you always think about or go back to the list doesn't haven't to be in any order.

1. GTAV best open world game in my opinion.

2.Sleeping Dogs great combat, great soundtrack, great characters, it's a damn shame we will never get a sequel.

3. Max Payne 3 satisfy gunplay and good story.

4. GTA IV A huge step up from GTSA in terms of graphics combat and physics.

5.Mirror's Edge 2008 unique game with a fantastic soundtrack.

6. DeadSpace RE4 in space kinda.

7. Crysis groundbreaking graphics and great gameplay to back it up.

8. Mortal Kombat 9 2-D fighting is back.

9. Mass Effect 2 best in series.

10. FarCry 3 it felt so good to play something so different at the time and Vaas was a amazing character.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, according to my top 100 list, it's:

1. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  2. Braid
  3. BioShock
  4. Ghost Trick
  5. BioShock Infinite
  6. Talos Principle
  7. Portal 2
  8. Mass Effect
  9. Soma
  10. Antichamber

Looking at the list now, I'd possibly substitute in Dead Space or Far Cry 2. I love Antichamber, but perhaps it shouldn't be so high.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are you counting the last gen specifically or the actual last 10 years (07-17)?

I'll go with the last 10 years in no particular order

• Uncharted 2
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Last of Us
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mortal Kombat(9)
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Bioshock
  • Tomb Raider (2013)

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Witcher 3

2) Warhammer: Total War

3) Persona 4

4) Starcraft 2

5) Mass Effect 2 or 1, I'm not sure

6) Hitman (2016)

7) Heroes of the Storm

8) Metal Gear Solid 5

9) Mortal Kombat X

10) Skyrim or Fallout 3

Probably something I forgot or like more than some of these, but then I guess if they don't come to mind then perhaps not.

But Witcher 3 is a definite number 1, took awhile for me to take to it, since I was completely unfamiliar with the lore prior to playing it. I haven't been captivated by a game and it's world this much since Baldurs Gate 2.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10) Left 4 Dead 2

9) Red Dead Redemption

8) Uncharted 2

7) Deadly Premonition

6) Dragon Age: Origins

5) Mass Effect 2

4) Spelunky

3) The Last of Us

2) Persona 4 Golden

1) The Witcher 3

This was harder than I thought! My top 5 here is my top 5 all time. This last decade has been really damn good for gaming. The bottom 5 is less definite in its order, but all the games there are solidly some of my favorites.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By clagnaught

Hmm...How about...

1. Persona 4: Golden
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Overwatch
  4. Mass Effect 2
  5. Persona 3: Portable
  6. Hearthstone (circa 2014 to 2015, can't speak for the state of the game past this)
  7. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  8. Metal Gear Solid V
  9. Life is Strange
  10. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

This is a rough order. Like numbers 6 through 10 can be easily swapped around.

(Also, TBD upon completion: Persona 5)

Edit: When the time is right, I would love to see a game of the decade sort of thing, whether it's a site list or a community list of the best games that were released during the first ten years of Giant Bomb. So like the best games released between 2008 through 2018.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By notnert427

1. HITMAN - So damn good. It's a hilarious murder playground that's provided all kinds of fun to both play and watch.
2. Titanfall - Criminally underappreciated game. The most fun I've had with an online shooter since the Modern Warfare games.
3. Forza Horizon 3 - It's hard for me to put this in over Horizon 2, but the Blizzard Mountain expansion gives it the nod. Great game.
4. Rocket League - Some of the most enjoyable multiplayer this gen. If only people wouldn't quit so much mid-match...
5. Red Dead Redemption - Still my favorite Rockstar game, and that's saying something. Probably the best setting/atmosphere ever in a game.
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Arguably the pinnacle of the series. There's an argument for CoD4, but MW2's multiplayer was better, IMO.
7. Burnout: Paradise - I'd have rather put Revenge here, but it doesn't make the 10-year cutoff. Paradise is still a very good game, though.
8. GTA V - Arguably the most fully-realized open world ever. I had more fun exploring the world than actually playing the game.
9. Battlefield 1 - A beautiful, flawed game that's so close to being brilliant. I continue to play it. Also, shout out to a quality campaign.
10. Red Faction: Guerrilla - This was a really cool, fun game. The destruction was great, and the environment/story/gameplay was good enough.

Honorable mentions: Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Assassin's Creed III (yeah, I said it; come at me!), PGR 4, Dark Souls 2: SotFS, Need for Speed: Shift, and Halo: CE Anniversary.

Laethe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except for number 1, which is probably my favourite game period, I'd say in no particular order:

1. Journey

2. Witcher 3

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. Rocket League

5. Psychonauts

6. Binding of Isaac

7. Horizon: Zero Dawn

8. The Last of Us

9. Mount and Blade: Warband

10. FF XV

Close calls are: Inside, Dishonored 1 and 2, Portal 1 and 2, The Stanley Parable.

Suprised that no one so far has included BoTW in their list by the way, I would have expected to see it a lot around here.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well, this is impossible, but I'll try anyway:

1. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - Hell of a sendoff for one of my favorite franchises since I first played the MGS3 demo and have been fascinated with the series ever since.
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - This was my go-to game for escapism. Over 600 hours spent on the 360 version, and it was my gateway to modding when I switched to PC gaming.
  3. Saints Row: The Third - GTA IV was leaving a bad taste in my mouth after being frustrated by the game's driving and shooting mechanics. Saint's Row ended up being a great replacement for me because of it's gameplay (even Saints Row's 2) is much more solid and it's scene of humor is always appreciated. I like GTA V significantly more than IV, but the Saint's Row games are just more fun for me these days.
  4. Persona 4 - The definitive JRPG experience just based on characters as far as I'm concerned.
  5. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - This is my ultimate guilty pleasure, considering what little care I have for anime these days and my very specific taste in ecchi. Harems are a complete turn-off, as I have raged on people who tried to talk to me about Highschool DxD, but I'm down for an action-ecchi series like Highschool of the Dead, Freezing, Agent Aika, and of course Ikkitousen which has really grown on me over the years, so I've always liked the idea of having a decent action game similar to one of those shows without resorting to importing and stumbling my way through menus. Shinovi Versus was a decent step to getting the type of anime game I wanted despite some frame rate issues with the original Vita version. And for Estival Versus to feel like a real sequel to that, having three Ikki characters (albeit as DLC), and to also be ported for PC while it was on Sony's systems for a year, this was a huge release for me and the game did not disappoint.
  6. DOOM - I kinda have a thing for shooting things with double-barrel shotguns, demonic imagery, and nu-metal riffs.
  7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - My first real experience with cyberpunk since I wasn't PC gaming at 9-years old with System Shock 2, or with the original Deus Ex.
  8. Dragon's Dogma - A game that really grew on me despite not expecting too much from it initially.
  9. Bayonetta - I was pretty big on character action games since Devil May Cry 3, and Bayonetta seems to be the best of the genre with a few close seconds here and there.
  10. Dissidia Final Fantasy - The Smash Bros of Final Fantasy that I'll still vouch for as one of the best games with "Final Fantasy" in the title.

Clearly I can go larger than ten, but tough decisions were made including cutting Witcher 3. And there are just some games like Mass Effect 2 and Dark Souls 1 that I liked a lot and would call them favorites of their respective genres, but I wouldn't call them overall personal favorites.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many games have come out in that time for me to possibly remember and definitively rank them.

All I can say with certainty is that Persona 4, Persona 5, Nier: Automata, and The Witcher 3 are in that list.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scottjay01

Hmmm That's a tough one.. so tough i need to go look at my games before even attempting a list (Ok that was hard)

1. Legend Of Zelda Breath of the wild

2. Metal Gear Solid 4

3. Dragon Ball Z Sparking Meteor (The Best ever)

4. Tales of Vesperia

5. Batman Arkham (City or Knight)

6. Final Fantasy XV

7. Motal Kombat 9

8. Forza Horizon 3

9. Street Fighter IV

10. Persona 4

(I was torn about not having Super Mario 3D World, Auras Wrath ,Yakuza 6, GTA IV & V on there)

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Meat Boy, Demon's Souls, Portal, Inside, Max Payne 3, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Dark Souls III. My Backloggery.com scores made this fairly easy.

robberbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By robberbaron

1) World of Warcraft (sorry, just being honest)

2) Warcraft 3 (ok not exactly past 10 years, but it's still one of the best)

3) Rocket League

4) World of Warships

5) Final Fantasy 14

6) Civ V

7) Witcher 3

8) Anno series

9) MTG

10) League of Legends

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Last of Us - This is still in my opinion one of the best story driven games out there. Even though I really enjoyed Uncharted 4 and 2 more in terms of gameplay, I still replay this more than probably any other game.

2. Witcher 3 - In my opinion this is the new standard for open world games for the next few years where it managed to excel in nearly every department.

3. Persona 4 Golden- The best JRPG experience ever plus a cast and setting that is unbeatable even when compared to Persona 5.

4. Bioshock - Shows its age in some places, but still a timeless experience that has more going for it than any of its sequels.

5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Hours upon hours exploring cyberpunk cities, hacking just to read someone's emails, and convincing myself that I'm a pacifist even though I just shoved my arm blade through that guy's head because it looked cool.

6. Amnesia: The Dark Descent - The game that revamped the horror genre and still has pretty interesting segments. Probably not the scariest anymore and somewhat dated.

7. Fallout: New Vegas - The best Bethesda open world game because it wasn't actually made by them.

8. Left 4 Dead 2 - Still one of my favorite co-op games out there. With all the mods out there, this still manages to be fresh somehow.

9. Mount and Blade: Warband - An interesting open world game that isn't for everyone, but still really fun and unique. I can't wait for Bannerlord to come out.

10. Hotline Miami - One of the best games to come out of the Indie scene that ozzes style. Feels like an acid trip and I love it.

I think I'm pretty satisfied with this list. It's interesting gaining perspective on when some of these games actually came out. I can't believe that Bioshock is going to be ten years old this August.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By TheWildCard

Off the top of my head

1. Persona 4 Golden
  2. Skyrim
  3. Metal Gear Solid 4
  4. Rock Band 2
  5. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
  6. Trails in the Sky SC
  7. Trails of Cold Steel
  8. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  9. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
  10. Valkyria Chronicles
Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh God this is hard.

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
  2. Burnout Paradise
  3. inFamous
  4. Super Mario Galaxy
  5. Persona 4: Golden
  6. Mass Effect 2
  7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  8. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  9. Fallout 3
  10. Total War: Shogun 2

There's probably plenty I'm missing, but this seems like a pretty good list... right? Zelda might be premature, but I think it's really something special.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

In no particular order:

Portal 2: A tall task to follow up Portal but somehow they did it and made it better; remember when Valve made games?

Arkham Asylum: Growing up a Marvel guy, I always loved to hate on Batman, there is absolutely nothing to hate here.

Mass Effect: Just an amazing universe full of interesting characters and story.

Last of Us: Great story and a great world to explore.

Saints Row 3: I had a hard time getting into it, but once it clicked for me I was hooked.

Sleeping Dogs: Everything about this game was just right.

Heroes of the Storm: A game I love and hate all at the same time.

Horizon Zero Dawn: I went in with low expectations but this game really blew me away

Gravity Rush: This game really clicked for me.

Assassin's Creed 2: The high point for an amazing series.

Honorable mentions: Overwatch, Doom, Deus Ex HR, Tomb Raider, The Witness, Bastion, Torchlight, Orcs Must Die, Asura's Wrath, DmC, Brothers, Xcom, Dawn Of War 2, Dragon Age Origins

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Drekly
  1. Overwatch - No game has taken more of my time.
  2. Recettear - So underrated! If you haven't played it, please check it out.
  3. Fallout 3
  4. Night in the Woods - Amazing story.
  5. Borderlands 2
  6. Fallout 4
  7. Batman: Arhkam Asylum
  8. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  9. Fallout: New Vegas
  10. Skyrim

That was stupidly hard. :(

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Xcom
  2. WarFrame
  3. The Last of Us
  4. Witcher 3
  5. Door Kickers
  6. Dark Souls 2
  7. Dark Souls
  8. FTL
  9. Infinity Wars
  10. Expeditions: Conquistador
Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Mass Effect Trilogy (no point in taking up 3 spots with Mass Effect games)
  2. The Last of Us
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. Dark Souls
  5. Destiny
  6. Skyrim
  7. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  8. Halo 3
  9. Dragon Age (I can't decide between Origins and 2. Origins is the better game by far, but I love so much about 2. If not for the huge, glaring issues, Dragon Age 2 would easily be my favorite game in the series.)
  10. The Witcher 2

A few games too recent to properly reflect on, but given more distance likely would have made this list:

• Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Persona 5 (I'm not even done with this one yet, but damn is it good)
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

In no order...

• Dark souls 1
  • Overwatch
  • Skryim
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Pokemon X/Y (The jump to 3d made my inner kid stoked. I wish I could go back to the early 2000's and give it to him. I would have lost my mind.)
  • Arkham Asylum and City (I think it's fair to group these together)
  • Persona 3 (One of the first jrpgs I ever got obsessed with besides Pokemon. 4 is great but I never really played a lot of it; only ever watched the ER)
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Stardew Valley
  • Robo Recall (Now this is a very recent pick, but I can't say I've ever had an experience like this one. Something about this game really sets it apart among the swamp of vr shooters. It's so polished and stylish. I feel even more badass then when I played superhot. I think I could play it forever. Everytime I load it up I thank the maker that I'm alive in this day and age.)
Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

In no particular order....

• Uncharted 4
  • The Last of Us
  • Fallout 3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Portal 2
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Uncharted 2

That's a hell of list. Some all timers here. The last decade of games have been fantastic.

Mage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mage_

Let's see here....

1. Demon's Souls - This game changed me. It made me interested in gaming again after being so disappointed by Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTAIV back in 2009. I thought I was just tired of gaming in general until i came across this one.
  2. Portal - I was never a big PC gamer as a kid. I did play some classics as a kid like the doom series, Unreal tournament, rollercoaster tycoon 2, red alert 2 etc but I never even heard of steam. When I heard they were giving this game away for free one weekend on that platform I finally registered and got back into pc gaming.
  3. Half-life - This naturally came after. My favorite singleplayer FPS
  4. Counter-strike - And this one.
  5. DOTA 2 - Only got into this one recently but it's another favorite of mine
  6. Final Fantasy 7 - not from the past 10 years but I just played it.
  7. Grim Fandango
  8. Katamari Damacy
  9. The Secret of Monkey Island
  10. undertale
Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Joker369

Off the top of my head:

1. Persona 4
  2. NBA 2K17 (could honestly be replaced with any 2K game after 2K10)
  3. Journey
  4. Dark Souls
  5. Left 4 Dead 2
  6. Trackmania 2
  7. Sleeping Dogs
  8. Hitman (2016)
  9. Halo 3
  10. DOTA 2

Honorable mentions: Rocket League, Uncharted 2, Skate 3, XCOM Enemy Unknown.

I'm enjoying Zelda BOTW but in the context of the past 10 years I don't think it ranks in the top 20 for me .

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Dark Souls

2. Bloodborne

3. Portal

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Dark Souls 2

6. Demon's Souls

7. NieR Automata

8. Tomb Raider

9. Dragon's Crown

10. MGS V

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hans_maulwurf

For now I'll go with: Red Dead Redemption, Alpha Protocol, Saboteur, Alan Wake, The Last of Us, Persona 4 Golden, Life is Strange, Mount & Blade Warband, Tomb Raider, Hitman. There are probably at least 20 more games I'd like to add to that list based on how much I like them, but from my favorites those are the ones I spent the most time (re)playing in recent years.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to make 2 categories; best from 2007 to 2016 and from 1997 to 2006.

1997-20062007-2016
1) Metal Gear Solid (1998)1) Bioshock (2007)
2) Pokemon Red/Blue (1998)2) Red Dead Redemption (2010)

3) Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)

3) Bioshock Infinite (2013)
4) Metal Gear Solid 3 (2005)4) Destiny (2014)
5) Metal Gear Solid 2 (2001)5) Portal (2007)
6) Half-Life (1998)6) Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
7) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)7) Bloodborne (2015)
8) Halo 2 (2004)8) Titanfall 2 (2016)
9) Resident Evil 4 (2005)9) Metal Gear Solid V (2015)
10) Half-Life 2 (2004)10) Mass Effect 2 (2009)

If I combined all the Metal Gears and Half-Life, etc. Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Guitar Hero 2, and Super Smash Brothers Melee would have made the list for sure.

Avatar image for disquisedjustin
DisquisedJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order, and using only 1 game per franchise, there are my top 10 of the last decade:

• Persona 4
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Uncharted 2
  • The Last of Us
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Bioshock
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Batman: Arkham City

Honorable Mentions that didn't quite make the cut:

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • inFamous
  • Halo 3
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Alan Wake
  • Portal 2
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Zelda: Link Between Worlds
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Titanfall 2
  • The Last Guardian

Games I've yet to play or haven't beaten yet that could fit the list someday:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Witcher 3
  • Catherine
  • Persona 5 (if it's better then 4, it would replace it).
Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dray2k

The games I've been most involved and liked the most within the last 10 years.

• Factorio: This is without a doubt my most favorite game of all time so I have to mention it first. It completly blew my mind how meticulously contructed the game really is. I don't like the term "masterpiece" in video games as they're a vast team effort and it depends on a lot of factors to consider a game one. But this is the only game I know that forms gameplay elements according to the players actions instead of just doing the usual open world thing.
  • Blue Planet - Age of Aquarius & War in Heaven - Has the best story amongst any game I've played. Its a mod for Freespace 2.
  • DOTA 2: The best time sink ever made, even losing is fun in this game. I've been improving constantly in it, even after thousands of hours put into it.
  • Mount and Blade Warband: The Mods make this one a amazing game. I recommend the DLC "Viking Conquest" which is a history book you can play.
  • Undertale: I liked how it subverts expectation. In many ways it is like GTA: San Andreas for me in that I did not know anything about the culture it plays in and as the story progressed it quickly goes deeper, way deeper and funnier than I thought. Great Writing.
  • Elite Dangerous: Has the best atmosphere I've witnessed in any game.
  • Bayonetta: You punch god into the sun. The soundtrack is fantastic also.
  • Skyrim: Modding saved it into this list, probably one of the best games ever made because of it.
  • The Witcher 3 and Add-Ons: Say what you want, the Bloody Baron questline is the only thing in a video game that made me think very deeply about how games can work to change a viewpoint of the player that plays it, since then I've been considering very deeply whenever a dialogue tree branches. Good game overall.
  • X3 Albion Prelude: A fantastic game about capitalism IN SPACE. Probably the best "see numbers grow up" game in existence. Its difficult to explain, I'd say its like Elite Dangerous without the atmosphere but with deeper gameplay and decision making. It also has game overs.

EDIT: Looked through the thread again to see what kind of games others enjoy. Saw that I missed a few things that I've should included into my list so I've fixed it.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, Let me think.

• Dark Souls
  • Skyrim
  • Bioshock
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Dishonored
  • DOOM 2016
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • The Witcher

This list would probably change depending on my mood, but these are the games that my mind went to right away.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By applegong
  1. Space Rangers HD
  2. Portal
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. Fallout: New Vegas
  5. Inside
  6. Europa Universalis III
  7. Dark Souls
  8. Witcher 3
  9. Prison Architect

Honorable mention: NBA 2K11, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Nier: Automata, Dishonored, Dishonored 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock, Bloodborne, Super Meat Boy, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Team Fortress 2, Psychonauts, The Walking Dead, Spec Ops: The Line, Hotline Miami, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Terraria, Bastion, Shovel Knight, Amnesia, Limbo, Brothers, Men of War, Risen, The Last of Us, Guilty Gear X2, Undertale

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

1. The Witcher 3 (probably my favourite game of all time)

2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. Hitman

5. Alan Wake

6. Mass Effect 2

7. Fallout 3

8. Stardew Valley

9. Dragon Age: Origins

10. Assassin's Creed 2

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. Dota 2
  2. Dark Souls
  3. MGS 5
  4. Mass Effect 2
  5. Portal
  6. The Last of Us
  7. Spelunky
  8. Red Dead Redemption
  9. GTA V
  10. Dark Souls 2
agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By agenta

In a pretty rough order:

1. Bioshock - Probably my number 1 all time, the twist took me completely unaware. This is one of the hallmarks of storytelling IMO.
  2. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - The first game that truly became a game that dominated my life. Still wish I could play it how it originally was.
  3. Sleeping Dogs - As someone who was never taken by GTA style games, Sleeping Dogs absolutely blew me away, in every aspect.
  4. Mass Effect 2 - One of the few games that at the end of it I felt like I had truly lost friends when party members perished.
  5. The Binding of Isaac - A game with such a hard and punishing core that kept bringing me back no matter how frustrated I became.
  6. Diablo III - The first 100 hours I put into Diablo were some of the best game playing hours period. Wish I felt the drive as its a much better game now.
  7. Fallout 3 - I played this way after it came out, but I just loved the world and story they created with FO3.
  8. Ori and the Blind Forest - Truly a beautiful game throughout, with tight gameplay, beautiful art, and a wonderful score.
  9. Hotline Miami - ssssssstttttttyyyylllleeeeee nothing else to be said.
  10. Super Hexagon - The odd duck out here, but it's hard not to put a game I paid $0.50 for and put almost 30 hours into on the list. It gets on here because of the pure obsession I had with beating it.

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xPolyMorphic

Not sure off the top of my head but Last of Us and Resident Evil 4 are on there - Scratch that RE4 was more than 10 years ago I'm old and going to go cry now

PumpkinYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10. Mass effect: andromeda (whatever its called, just not my type of game)

9. Hotline Miami: Wrong Number.

8. The amazing spiderman 1.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn

6: Mafia 3.

5. Gta V.

4. Uncharted 4.

3. The Last Of Us.

2. Resident Evil 7.

1. Watch_Dogs 2 (amazing game)

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyChooChoo Presents BabyChooChoo's Top 10 Games of the Past 10 Years

1. Valkyria Chronicles
I don't even know where to begin with this one. I love this game. I love this game. I love this game. There are some weird spikes in difficulty, but I love this game.
2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
To properly cnovey my love of Final Fantasy XIV requires you to know one thing: I have a hard time sticking with MMOs. I've played almost any you could name, but never for more than a few months. At best, I would often come back to one or another later, but I don't think I would have ever called myself a regular player of any of them. Then I played this. I've been a regular player for almost three years now. Despite the freedom and depth of some of it's competition, XIV manages to deliver a truly wonderful experience thanks to...well...everything else.
3. Lost Odyssey
Another arguably very straightforward JRPG, but this one contains one of my favorite stories and some of my favorite characters to ever grace a video game.
4. Gravity Rush
Without a doubt one of the most charming games ever for me. Between one of the most likable video game protagonists and being full of fun, unique mechanics, I feel like they made this game for me.
5. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
I gave this game my #3 spot last year, but I might just bump it up. Vanilliaware took one of the my favorite games and said, "we're going to make everything about it better." And the did.
6. Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
This was my first Etrian Odyssey game and I hate myself for not getting into this franchise sooner. Between the music, characters, art, and story, it's just such a magical experience.
7. Radiant Historia
One of the most criminally forgotten JRPGs of our generation.
8. Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon is a pretty straightforward rpg all things considered, but it's one I just can't forget.
9. Remember Me
Yet another game I just can't explain my love for. I won't sit here and claim it doesn't have it's fair share of faults, but they didn't bother me.
10. Sanctum 2
I don't know what it is about this game, but I couldn't get enough of it. Maybe it's the fps aspect? Either way, I think back on this game and all I have are great memories.
BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I am positive that I'm forgetting a ton of games that are objectively better and/or more "important", but these are 10 games that stand out to me as games that have some personal value to me.

• Orcs Must Die!: OMD2 is a more fully featured game, and if I was sitting down to play, I'd probably pick that one, but OMD1 is a personal favorite still.
  • Hitman: I'd have also definitely included Blood Money, if this were games from the last eleven years
  • Europa Universalis III: In Nomine: I spent like 300+ hours with this game, including a campaign of dozens of hours conquering every* single territory on the map
  • Kerbal Space Program: I learned so much playing this and I really do wish there were more games like it, for other fields of science/engineering.
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East: I still think 5 is the best in the series. Sorry, 3.
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales: I honestly think this may have edged out Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle as my all-time favorite adventure game. And that's saying a LOT.
  • Hotline Miami: It looks, sounds, plays, and just FEELS amazing.
  • Portal: I cannot think of a single bad thing about this game. The only "flaw" would be that it spawned some obnoxious memes, but that's not a problem with the game itself.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: This is where all the disparate parts and systems and mechanics fell into place perfectly. In other words, it's the Fast Five of the Assassin's Creed series.
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: This game is simply something special.

*I conquered every territory in North America, I conquered every territory in South America, I conquered every territory in Africa, I conquered every territory in Europe, I conquered every territory in Australia/surrounding Oceania, and I conquered every territory in Asia exceptfor Japan because of a fucking bug. I was using the Divine Wind expansion, which added a bunch of early-mid game systems for unifying China and Japan. The thing with unifying Japan (and maybe also China) in EU3:DW is that until the Hojo and Tokugawa and Ashikaga and Minamoto and all the other clans finished fighting each other and merged into a singular "Japan", those territories couldn't be captured by foreign powers. But for whatever reason, in my game that never happened. The AI for the clans broke or something and just sat there not doing anything. My invincible, unstoppable invasion fleet just floated in the docks of Busan, South Korea (or I suppose at that point I think it was Busan, France) for 60 years until the game time ran out in 1821.

I'm still mad about that.

disco_drew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy how stacked the past 10 years have been; this was not easy! I tried to stick to one per franchise, otherwise I'd have at least 3 Uncharted games make the cut...

10. Papers, Please

9. Rocket League

8. Arkham Asylum

7. Bioshock

6. Team Fortress 2

5. Shovel Knight

4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3. Metal Gear Solid V

2. Splatoon

1. Uncharted 4

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By BoOzak

I was planning on making a list like this a few years from now since I started doing top tens in 2010 but i'll try thinking further back.

EDIT: Metal Gear Rising presents: Top Ten Games of the Last Ten Years.

1. MGS V
  2. Ninja Gaiden 2
  3. Bayonetta 2
  4. Yakuza 0
  5. Dark Souls
  6. Bloodborne
  7. Mass Effect 3
  8. The Witcher 2
  9. Titanfall
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

EDIT 2: Runner up: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Last Round Special Edition Extreme Beach Volleyball.

I tried to limit it to one game per franchise. I know there are no rules for that but it makes doing these lists easier. I'm sure i'm missing something important.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off the top of my head:

No Caption Provided

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order:

• Dark Souls
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Borderlands
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Mass Effect
  • Fez
  • Hitman
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Fallout 3
  • inFamous

Yeah, I struggled a little towards the bottom. inFamous lands it due to making an impression and making a superhero sandbox seem genuinely viable. Fez is an amazing thing and I do hope that, at some point, Phil feels the need to develop something again. Borderlands became a compulsion and a lovely melding of two genres. Mass Effect is a glorious exercise in world building.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By John_Wiswell

I took my top game of the year for each of the last ten years, and G-sh this is difficult to order. The games are so different. There are several years where first place is a tie. Here's the jumbled list, not really ordered.

• Left 4 Dead (Valve)
  • Terraria (Re-Logic)
  • Hyper Light Drifter (Heart Machine)
  • Spelunky (Mossmouth LLC)
  • Dark Souls (From Software)
  • Dark Souls 3 (From Software)
  • Saint's Row the Third (Volition, THQ)
  • Portal 2 (Valve)
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions)
  • State of Decay (Undead Labs)
  • The Last of Us (Naughty Dog)
  • Mass Effect 2 (Bioware)
  • LIMBO (Playdead Games)
  • INSIDE (Playdead Games)
  • Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (CD Projekt Red)
Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This game blew me the fuck away, every single facet of the game is perfect in my opinion. EVEN THE INVENTORY
  2. Kerbal Space Program: I've dumped well over a hundred hours into this game, and my time with remains one of the most memorable and just plain special moments in my life as a gamer hands down.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2. Simply one of the most outright fun games ever made. Tight controls, interesting level design, beautiful art, i go back to this one often.
  4. Red Dead Redemption. As a kid that had cowboy themed birthday parties and had a collection of cap guns to make a navy seal jealous, this was the game i'd been waiting for all of my life. just amazing.
  5. Grand Theft Auto IV. Another Rockstar game, as a new yorker i found myself enamored with the character of Liberty City, and i thought the writing was genuinely funny and well done.
  6. Metal Gear Solid 4. As a huge metal gear fan, this game wrapped things up in a suitably epic and definitive way. They actually put a period at the end of the crazy sentence, and served the fans well. never understood the hate for this one, as my snake tattoo on my right arm might suggest.
  7. Batman: Arkham Knight: The batmobile combat was average at best, but the storytelling was phenominal. I am a huge batman fan, and it was clear to me that the team behind this game truly care about the DC universe in the same way that I do.
  8. Battlefield 3/4/1. I never play the campaigns, so i've lumped these 3 together. The battlefield multiplayer has reached a point where the intensity, accessibility, and immersiveness keeps me playing for years on end.
  9. Bioshock. This game remains on my mind years after the last time i've played it. I went through the entire campaign at least 4 or 5 times just because i loved playing with the plasmids and exploring rapture that much. Got my Red Ring of Death playing this in my grandmas attic that summer.
  10. Hitman. Didn't see it coming, but they've created an entirely new platform for me to enjoy my murders with. I learned the ins and outs of almost every map, chasing mastery levels and elusive targets all damn year.

The 10 year limit changes things, the first Metal Gear Solid is always at the top of my list, and Resident Evil 4 belongs there as well, but the times they are a changin.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#49  Edited By Svenzon

1. Dark Souls

2. Rock Band

3. Fallout: New Vegas

4. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

5. The Witcher 3

6. Dishonored

7. Left 4 Dead 2

8. Shovel Knight

9. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

10. Bloodborne

JoelHulsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JoelHulsey

This is THE definitive list.

10. Sword of the Samurai

9. Gunship

8. Mass Effect series

7. Last of Us

6. World of Warcraft

5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City

4. Red Dead Redemption

3. NCAA Football series

2. Uncharted series

1. Sid Meiers Pirates (C64 version with Epyx 500XJ joystick)

Honorable mention: Epyx Olympic games series