What is the most disappointing game of 2010?

• 196 results
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Pinworm45

AVP

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By Skytylz

Fable 3, haven't played it but it sounds like it isn't nearly as good as 2.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Skytylz
@Entus said:
" @Gap said:
" Starcraft 2 "
That and Vegas. "
These are probably my top two games this year.  Oh well, different strokes for different folks.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Evilsbane
@zlimness said:
" Alan Wake. Its such a snoozefest. After all those years in development, its nothing more than an average shooter. "
That isn't at all why it was disappointing, you got to basically take a one way tour through what that game was going to be, all the open world around you with little to no point, the cars that serve no purpose scattered around like they were once used for something else. It was a shadow of what it was supposed to be someone said "It has to come out" and they hobbled together what they could.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By xMP44x

I'm stunned at how anyone can say Mafia II was disappointing. It was my game of the year so far, though the new True Crime game and stuff could change that. I'd say... Red Dead Redemption. Now, before you kill me, I'd like to explain why. I loved every moment of the story. I thought it was utterly superb, but when the story ended, there was no real motivation for me to continue to play except for online, which grew into a boring grind after a short period of time. After the excellent single player and multiplayer experiences Grand Theft Auto IV had delivered, I was excited for the release of RDR. It did not live up to the extremely high standards I had after enjoying Grand Theft Auto IV immensely. Maybe it was because I expected too much, but ultimately, it was the biggest downer for my year of gaming.

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

I wasn't expecting much, and a lot of it got pushed off until 2011 (so it can disappoint me there).  I think Civ 5 is my choice for most disappointing.  It's not that it's overtly bad, I just wasn't really all that happy with the way it played when I tried it out.  It went from "Top of my must-have list" based on the series and my personal tastes to "I'll pick it up when it's cheap, maybe".

drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#157  Edited By drgrumbles

FF XIII. What a huge letb down. I thought it could never get whorse than 8. I was wrong.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#158  Edited By MEATBALL

Alpha Protocol is probably the game that most disappointed me. That game could have been an amazing RPG.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Wuddel

Fable 3, closely followed by Force Unleashed 2

TNK1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By TNK1
@Bloodgraiv3:  and hack n slash = beat em up with swords lol. we have hack n slash rpgs aka action-rpgs but GOW 3 since it doesn't have any real rpg elements mean it's a beat em up aka hack n slash. U can upgrade your char's weapons in magic but they don't qualify as rpg elements.@Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @Icemael said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @Icemael said:
"God of War III.I expected one of the best 3D beat 'em ups ever made, and got the mashiest fucking mashfest since No More Heroes, with poor camerawork, mediocre-ass boss battles, and a story that's horrible even by video game standards. "
 I think your problem was is you expected it to be a beat em up. The rest is just wrong. "
It is a beat 'em up. An incredibly mashy beat 'em up with poor camerawork, mediocre-ass boss battles, and a story that's horrible even by video game standards. "

Noooo, it is a hack N slash, get your genres right.  "
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#161  Edited By Karl_Boss

Mass Effect 2 by far....game was pretty bad IMO and I loved the first.

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#162  Edited By Xanth93

Final Fantasy XIII, unfortunately. I love Final Fantasy. That was not it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Final Fantasy XIII. I got to the 'big surprise' of the game a.k.a. the large open field. And guess what? It was like every other single boring hour of that game except you're not in a corridor anymore. A giant ass grass field with enemies does not make up for hours of torture. And I stopped playing there by the way and do not regret it. The characters and story were predictable as can be and the battle/level up system was not what some people made it out to be. Fuck that game.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#164  Edited By flaminghobo

I'd have to say that Mafia 2 or Crackdown 2. The games were okay but there was so much more potential that could've been realised.

udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By udabenshen

Fable 3.  Such a huge clusterf**k.  So bummed out about it.

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By KarlHungus01
@Asurastrike said:
" Mass Effect 2  I was expecting a continuation of the amazing  story from the original Mass Effect, instead I got a side story of how Shepard built his team in preperation to continue the story of the original Mass Effect. It just felt so "gamey" and formulaic. Recruit member, talk to member until they give you a loyalty mission, complete loyalty mission, rinse and repeat. Also don't forget to scan planets for resources while listening to your MP3 player trying not to die of boredom. Oh, and the final boss fight was one of the worst I've ever seen. "
Oh my god thank you. I've been saying this exact thing since February to all my friends and they just look at me like I'm crazy. Mass Effect 2 is definitely the most disappointing game of the year.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I felt like all the games I played this year didn't disappoint me.
yes that includes Mass Effect 2 haters gonna hate.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By vidiot

After waiting almost half a decade, Final Fantasy XIII surprisingly did not meet up with my expectations :P

On a serious note: I would defiantly nominate the game as my choice as most disappointing game this year. You spend five years telling your customers that the entry is going to mimic the style of pre-Final Fantasy XII games, and then proceed to release an unfocused game that can't decide on what it's fundamental design is going to be. Toss in terrible level-design, and a bunch of knee-jerk pretentious statements later trying to explain the screw-up, that illustrate a very disturbing lack of knowledge regarding...well...not just games this generation, but your own games this generation: "HD TOWNS ARE HARD TO DO!" 
Very depressing experience. You can see the potential, and it's annoying what this final product turned out to be.

Prototype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#169  Edited By Prototype

I've gotta say it has to be Fallout New Vegas because nothing that broken  should be sold for any price ...EVER!

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By MrGetBonus
@KarlHungus01 said:
" @Asurastrike said:
" Mass Effect 2  I was expecting a continuation of the amazing  story from the original Mass Effect, instead I got a side story of how Shepard built his team in preperation to continue the story of the original Mass Effect. It just felt so "gamey" and formulaic. Recruit member, talk to member until they give you a loyalty mission, complete loyalty mission, rinse and repeat. Also don't forget to scan planets for resources while listening to your MP3 player trying not to die of boredom. Oh, and the final boss fight was one of the worst I've ever seen. "
Oh my god thank you. I've been saying this exact thing since February to all my friends and they just look at me like I'm crazy. Mass Effect 2 is definitely the most disappointing game of the year. "
Also, I thought the RPG elements of that game sucked. Way too simplified. It was like RPG Lite: For Kids- Wii version. Changing ammo types to skills, shortening the skill tree, regenerating health, and where the fuck did all my guns go? I had one sub machine gun the whole God damn game. Where did my customization go? I beat the first game five times and man did this game let me down. And if anyone says hurr durr you are playing a role so its an RPG, I'm gonna slap you in the mouth.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#172  Edited By damnboyadvance

Medal of Honor, although I saw it coming.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By SumDeus

I'm trying to think back to what I played in the beginning of the year...hrmmm..

Well since I can't remember I'm going to have to say Mafia II SIMPLY BECAUSE the DLC was a pile of shit. I love the game itself with a passion.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By CaptainCody

Halo: Reach
firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By firewrkninja
Crackdown 2, hands down
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#176  Edited By grilledcheez

Crackdown 2 fa show

smudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#177  Edited By smudo

LittleBigPlanet 2. I was really looking forward to playing that this holiday season.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#178  Edited By tebbit

God of War 3. It was good, but it wasn't God of War 2 good. 

Also, most incorrect most disappointing game of 2010? Final Fantasy XIII. That game had storytelling as good, or better than 10, which for me is the modern watermark of Final Fantasy games (apart from the goofy-ass voice acting). 
I never found the pacing to be an issue at all, and frankly, the 83 on Metacritic agrees with me. Admittedly the 92 for God of War 3 doesn't, but hey, you can't win everything.

CharlesSahara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By CharlesSahara

Any game that would be incredible if it had more polish.  I'm looking at you Scott Pilgrim and Fallout: New Vegas!

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#180  Edited By spazmaster666

Lost Planet 2 for me. I loved the first game and the way that the sequel was structured was just an absolute letdown.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By landon
@Axxol said:
" Quantum Theory or Rogue Warrior. "
Really? I think you've misunderstood the point of this thread, its not bad games, it's games we thought would be good but turned out bad. That being said, who the hell thought Quantum Theory and Rogue Warrior would be this years hits?
Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Roger778

After looking at this list, I've decided to chime in. 

I did not buy a whole lot of games this year, maybe just a few, but one game I did play was Alpha Protocol.  I enjoyed Alpha Protocol at first, mainly because I enjoyed the story it told, and didn't want to stop.  But, after playing it a few more times, I realized that this is a very glitchy game.  I agree that it could've been so much more, if Obsidian had delayed it for at least a year or two, so they could redesign it.   

So, for now, Alpha Protocol is my choice for most disappointing game of the year.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By SquirrelGOD

Fable III.  I've been working hard on not bursting into a rant every time I talk to anyone about it.  Just, seriously...fuck everything about that game.

sketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By sketch

Dead Rising 2. I don't usually preorder many games (this year I did preorder civ5, new Vegas and this) but I was pretty stoked for it. After playing for a few hours though, I just wasn't feeling it.
I rarely get hyped for games and I guess this is why

pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By pigmartyr
Dead Rising 2. After playing case zero hopes were high, but the game just didnt do enough.
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#186  Edited By Faint

final fantasy xiii

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By deathbyyeti

Dead Rising 2
I loved the first one and played it for a couple of years  everyday. DR2 just didnt have the same feeling that the first had. Sure they are almost the same game but I disliked it quite a bit.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Grillbar

cant remember all the games i have bought this year but heres a few i incluede games that was released before 2010 but i bought in 2010
dark void, shank, zuma, gravity crash,enslaved odyssey of the west, bioshock 2, darksiders, nier,deathspank, eat lead the return of matt hazzard,star wars the force unleashed, ufc 2009, 3D dot game heroes,mercenaries 2 world in flames, rouge warrior, wanted weapons of fate,wolfenstein (that new one that jeff lost a bet on), wet, marvel ultimate alliance 2. there are proberly more but thats some of them

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Garfield360UK

Crackdown 2 was disapointing from what I have played from the demo although in fairness it is not a terrible game. 

Medal of Honor, the game just feels like it is lacking something in the single player mode and online is fun but has issues regarding map design which influences game tactics.
OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By OneManX
@Scooper said:
" Crackdown 2. That game was complete wank. "
Yeah... I forgot that game came out, TBH.
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By cnlmullen
Kinectimals. Nothing like what Microsoft originally advertised. 
Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#192  Edited By Vod_Crack

For me, there is no other contender that could come close to being as disappointing as Crackdown 2. 

For the record, Mafia II so underrated, I am like one of 12 people that really liked that game.

miguelkosta76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By miguelkosta76
KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#194  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Hmm...probably Mass Effect 2. I mean, I definitely enjoyed my time with it and thought it was a fantastic experience, but as far as being an RPG goes, well...it wasn't one. Rather than making all of the RPG mechanics better, they just stripped them away and the game ultimately suffers because of it.

Alpha Protocol was also slightly disappointing to me. The story, dialogue, characters, and customization were all really, really awesome, but the combat and movement can be really wonky at times. I think another 4-6 months of development could've done wonders for AP.

Comic Jumper comes to mind, as well. This game is absolutely fucking hilarious from beginning to end. Probably the funniest game I've ever played. It's a big shame the gameplay is so infuriatingly bad that it almost ruins the experience. 

Limbo wasn't all it was cracked up to be, either. While it was a neat and somewhat unique experience, it certainly wasn't the unforgettable, mind-blowing game everyone made it out to be. I had high expectations for it after the reviews came out, but the main things I took away from it were that it was overpriced and underwhelming.

And finally, Alan Wake was nothing like what it was going to be, and nothing good came from that. Sure, it was still kind of a cool game, but I didn't find the story to be that interesting, and the gameplay got pretty old about a third of the way through. They basically took the Max Payne formula and applied to a story with a slower pace and a creepier setting, which is apparently not where that formula works best.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#195  Edited By Mystyr_E

Halo Reach: walk into Uncharted 2 or Starcraft and you knew those games would be good but weren't prepared for how downright amazing they were. Halo? It's pretty much the same, only it's prettier and I can finally run. Like whoa dude
 God of War 3: Amazing scale but shit story in first half, better story but mundane gameplay in second half
 Force Unleashed 2: how they managed to fix everything wrong from the first one yet lose everything good about it at the same time is mind-boggling.
Limbo: story practically disappears in favor of puzzle after puzzle after puzzle, it's way too short and way too overpriced
Comic Jumper: pretty much what the other guy said: it's hysterical, looks awesome yet the gameplay stinks

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Crackdown 2. A complete clone of a game made 3 years ago and just left an empty feeling at the pit of my stomach. That game must have taken less than 6 months to make as I can't see where any great effort went into from Ruffian's part that Realtime Worlds didn't do for them already. 

OroYoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By OroYoke

I would have to go with Mafia 2.  The game had so much promise yet it feel short.