Which game were you going to buy that you ended up droppimg?

• 75 results
certx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By certx55

And also which game were you on the fence about that you ended up getting?

I orginally was pretty excited about Tomb Raider Underworld until i read the reviews.  Also I preorderd MK vs DC and dropped that after watching some of the fatalities.

I was on the fence about Sonic Unleashed and although it didnt review well I decided to get it. 

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By samcotts

Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 recently. Far Cry 2 because of reviews and peoples opinions of the game on here, and Fallout 3 because it doesn't sound half as good as I originally thought it would be, plus I've had the story spoiled for me.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Assassin's Creed. Was very hyped for this game, rented it, played for 3 hours, realized how incredibly boring it was, never touched it again.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By jangofett88
Meowayne said:
"Assassin's Creed. Was very hyped for this game, rented it, played for 3 hours, realized how incredibly boring it was, never touched it again.

"
This.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I was psyched about Burnout Paradise. I spent some time with the demo and I ended up deleting it with a biter taste in my mouth after a week of playing. But I'm planning on downloading it again and giving it another chance, since viewing what Criterion has done with DLC this past year and what they plan to do has been fascinating and I would be more than willing to drop $20-30 for it if I find it enjoyable enough. These men provided me with Burnout 3 damnit, I will like this game even if I have to force myself to.

I also got a little stoked when I saw the Sonic portions of Sonic Unleashed. But no, not again. Sonic, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles were too good to be true, there had to be a catch. I think 15 years of disappointment was exactly that

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bulldog19892

Far Cry 2.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Captain_Insano

Guitar Hero World Tour because Rock Band bundle finally came out here (in Oz) and was cheaper. Will prob pick up the game on its own at some point though. Also Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts because small text issues really irritate me (I'm still on SD and lacking internet for Xbox) so I will wait till I pick up an HDTV next year

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By atejas

I was going to check out Last remnant and Mirror's Edge, but now I've decided to wait for the PC versions of both.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Discorsi

The Darkness and Assassin's Creed.  Funny how these are the only 2 games I've rented for 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Too Human, Fallout 3.

The last one of the list is still a major priority, but I have little time to devote to large-scale games like that.  Maybe in December.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aurelito

Every game that  was released after the launch of GTA IV, except Fable II. (and Gears of War II, but i don't think Geow is a game)
I'm busy with playing NwN and Diablo, i don't have much time for these new craps.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Red

Mirror's Edge.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gameboi
Red said:
"Mirror's Edge."
Same here. My interest level was actually  somewhat diminished after playing the demo.  I still planned on buying it, but Mirror's Edge got pushed aside by the mad rush of better games out at the same time. Perhaps l'll look into getting this later, if something else doesn't distract me once again.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By kush

I was going to pick up LBP, but then I decided to wait until after release...then I was going to get it again, but the whole "level removing" bit was going on so as of right now I still don't have it and don't know when I might have it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb

Fable 2. Milkman ruined the story for me in the trivia...! I AM NOT LETTING THIS GO, MILKMAN! A game that I was on the fence about that I ended up getting was Battlefield: Bad Company. I'm glad I picked it up, I had a blast with it. (No pun intended)

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
BiggerBomb said:
"Fable 2. Milkman ruined the story for me in the trivia...! I AM NOT LETTING THIS GO, MILKMAN! A game that I was on the fence about that I ended up getting was Battlefield: Bad Company. I'm glad I picked it up, I had a blast with it. (No pun intended)"
What about the story? The whole sister thing?

And as for me, I didnt end up getting Mirror's Edge after hearing about it's length.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Black_Rose

I was going to get Wii Fit for the balance board, then realized it was not worth it.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shadows_kill

fracture, baja, and bioshock are the recent ones.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb
TheGTAvaccine said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Fable 2. Milkman ruined the story for me in the trivia...! I AM NOT LETTING THIS GO, MILKMAN! A game that I was on the fence about that I ended up getting was Battlefield: Bad Company. I'm glad I picked it up, I had a blast with it. (No pun intended)"

And as for me, I didnt end up getting Mirror's Edge after hearing about it's length."

Yeah. Did you come across that question, too? Or have you seen us bickering? =P
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zitosilva
Kush said:
"I was going to pick up LBP, but then I decided to wait until after release...then I was going to get it again, but the whole "level removing" bit was going on so as of right now I still don't have it and don't know when I might have it."
Same here. I still plan on buying LBP eventually. But now I want to wait an see how all the copyright stuff and level deletion end up.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
BiggerBomb said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"BiggerBomb said:

And as for me, I didnt end up getting Mirror's Edge after hearing about it's length."

Yeah. Did you come across that question, too? Or have you seen us bickering? =P"
Dude. I don't know if anyone bothered pointing it out to you, but that's a spoiler from maybe ~45 minutes into the game. It isn't even worth classifying as a spoiler.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By kush

You shouldn't care about the story in Fable 2 being spoiled...the game really isn't about the story and you shouldn't have any problem enjoying the game even after being spoiled.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Win
Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"BiggerBomb said:

Yeah. Did you come across that question, too? Or have you seen us bickering? =P"
Dude. I don't know if anyone bothered pointing it out to you, but that's a spoiler from maybe ~45 minutes into the game. It isn't even worth classifying as a spoiler."
I even recall them saying it in at the start of the Gametrailers review....
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jonnyp
jangofett88 said:
"Meowayne said:
"Assassin's Creed. Was very hyped for this game, rented it, played for 3 hours, realized how incredibly boring it was, never touched it again.

"
This."
Yup. But I rented and beat it because i felt obligated.  8 tedious hours of my life I'll never get back...
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pause422

Too many to name.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Kazona

I was going to get Far Cry 2 but after reading people's thoughts on it I decided not to. Mirror's Edge is another one, but I'm still thinking of getting it eventually.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BiggerBomb
Win said:
"Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"BiggerBomb said:

Dude. I don't know if anyone bothered pointing it out to you, but that's a spoiler from maybe ~45 minutes into the game. It isn't even worth classifying as a spoiler."
I even recall them saying it in at the start of the Gametrailers review...."

I know, but I spoil easily... :O

jonnyp said:
"jangofett88 said:
"Meowayne said:

"
This."
Yup. But I rented and beat it because i felt obligated.  8 tedious hours of my life I'll never get back..."

How the hell did you finish Assassin's Creed in 8 hours?
siLVUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By siLVUR
BiggerBomb said:
"Win said:
"Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"BiggerBomb said:

I even recall them saying it in at the start of the Gametrailers review...."

I know, but I spoil easily... :O

jonnyp said:
"jangofett88 said:
"Meowayne said:

"
This."
Yup. But I rented and beat it because i felt obligated.  8 tedious hours of my life I'll never get back..."

How the hell did you finish Assassin's Creed in 8 hours?"
Once you get the basics, it's very easy.

Oh and as for me, I never picked up Resistance 2. I don't think I can handle another shooter, even if I liked the beta a lot.
jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jonnyp

Assassins creed isn't really a hard game, just repetitive and terribly frustrating.  Shoddy combat and random AI make for a pleasurable play-through..

I'll give it credit for its presentation, as it was stunning, but I found its core mechanics to be cumbersome.
GweedyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GweedyJ

Fallout 3, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By c1337us

This year would be Haze cause it was garbage. Mirrors Edge cause I had stacks of other stuff on my plate that had priority. I will also have to do the same on Resistance 2 and Prince of Persia temporarily until I save some money since I up graded my TV this week. The games that I really had no intention to buy but did anyway would be Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts as well as Left 4 Dead.

E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By E_rock

I really wanted Fable 2 and Fallout 3.  Ended up picking up Fallout 3 and Saints Row 2 instead.  Despite it's many odd bugs, Saints Row 2 is a hell of a lot of fun.   I've been meaning to buy Dead Space for a good minute also, eventually i'll get around to them all.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Subway

Was going to get FC2, COD5. I wasn't going to get Left 4 dead and I did, as well as mirrors edge.

jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jonb1

DROPPIMG? LOL

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TomA

Recently CoD world at war.Not so recently,Bioshock.I'll probably ask for CoD for christmas though.

Avatar image for gun_crazed_riot
Gun_Crazed_Riot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gun_Crazed_Riot

I remember I was so pumped for Fable 2, but I never got around to buying it.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By clubsandwich

FarCry 2, seriously, the lack of feral attacks was disgusting.

Crossknive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crossknive
Discorsi said:
"The Darkness and Assassin's Creed.  Funny how these are the only 2 games I've rented for 360."
I loved The Darkness.
lostaddict1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lostaddict1993

Surprisingly the one for me was Little Big Planet. Yes I heard how great it was and everything but it just seemed so overhyped and childish to me. I still think it is but it's more of a refreshing and fun childish than some supid, dumbed down running and jumping activity.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MKHavoc

I was gonna get Mercenaries 2, but it got bad reviews.  I had no interest in Nuts and Bolts and I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thunder

Fable 2 and Too Human. I thought Too Human looked amazing but i hated the demo

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By suneku

I was really wanting to buy Left4Dead, but I just don't have the time for it right now so I skipped it. Maybe I'll rent it later.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By penguindust
Resistance 2.  I really enjoyed the original, but tepid reviews and a glut of other shooters to choose from pushed it off my list.  It's on my Gamefly queue but it's being pushed down further and further there as well.  I'll probably not get to it for some time.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheHBK

Fable 2, not beacuse I didn't think it was a good game, but i just could not invest the time into an RPG like that, did the same with Fallout 3.  Recently I got HAWX, only because my friend got it with a joystick and so I just went along and got the game and flightstick too.  Pretty fun with it.
Call of Duty 4 was one of those that I was on the fence.  The move to modern warfare was not enough to convince me that the game would be different from Call of Duty 3, which was fun but I could not get into the online.  But man, I took a chance, because I didnt pay attention to the reviews since I assumed most were just praising yet another call of Duty game.  This was the best game purchase I have made in a long time.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By freezerr

Games I haven't gotten but I had planned to by now: HAWX, Call of Duty 4*, and Resident Evil 5.

Games I didn't plan to get but did and turned out to be awesome: Far Cry 2, Sins of a Solar Empire

*Yeah, WTF right? Well I got my xbox 360 this fall and got CoD:WaW for Christmas. I'm still having fun playing it, and I don't see a reason to buy the "other skin" (CoD 4). If you can convince me to spend 60 bucks on it, please do. :)

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShiroMe

Fallout 3. I still have a better game called Oblivion.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By BiG_Weasel

That's easy- StarCraft II

Blizzard has three franchises that that constantly pimp out, and their brand of RTS has been done to death. After hearing they were spliting the game into 3 games and charging full price for each, I was out. Also, after playing DOW2, I came to the realization that Blizzard's idea of an "innovative" RTS and mine just diverged down completely different paths.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#49  Edited By AgentJ

Pretty much every 360 AAA release since I got the thing in November, because $60 is way too much.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#50  Edited By ZombiePie

I was really interested in Left4Dead but never got around to it. The same goes for Tales of Vesperia, I passed on this one also because I just don't have the time to play a long JRPG.