2009 preview (a quick look at upcoming titles )

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By daniel_beck_90

Happy new year . today is officially the first day of the year 2009 .  after all been said and done during 2008 we are stepping into a year that is going to be as splendid as the year before . Wii will be there to make your grandpa play  video game for the first time as always , Xbox 360 and PS3 are now 3 and 2 year old consoles and that means the developers have tremendous amount of acquaintance with both consoles . 360s and PS3s will work at their extremity to deliver games at their finest .

Consoles , developing and technology

Each year bring with itself…….wait for it …….. a newer technology !!! and unlike many other entertainment medias , technology  has a direct impact on video games .

Now developers have gotten the hang of the so called hard to program PS3 and games on that system are starting to look and run as good as X360 games (if not better ) . also developers know that officially all of the X360 consumers are using NXE and specially the copy game to HDD functionality  and that means unofficial and unstated improved quality not only in loading times but also stability for X360 games with the HDD in mind .

PC gamers enjoy a new year more than anyone else since  high-end devices get cheaper and cheaper throughout time . nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX and 9800

nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX
nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX
GX2  that are now the top GPUs will provide true next-gen gaming with astonishing qualities . suffice to say that these cards let you run Crysis on maximum quality and maximum resolution with stable 60 FPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

2009 is going to be a better year for all three giant companies (Nintendo , Microsoft and Sony )  along with members of Giant Bomb !!!!!

Exclusive titles

Now lets take a look at the top exclusive titles for various consoles due in 2009 :

PlayStation 3 

In 2009 Sony 's PlayStaion 3 will satisfy the console owners with multiple superb exclusive titles.  With all these games , PS3 owners will find enough reason not to be hungry for more . believe it or not 2009 is PS3's year (at least in terms of exclusive titles ) . the year is filled with great games that attract anyone's attention ranging from the sequel to one of the best PS3 games “Uncharted  “ to Quantic Dream ‘sHeavy Rainthe studio that brought you Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) back in 2005 .    

Heavy Rain , exclusively on PS3

Top 2009 exclusive titles

-Uncharted 2 : among thieves

-Killzone 2

-God of war 3

-Infamous

-Ratchet & Clank

-Heavy Rain

-White Knight Chronicles

-Yakuza 3

Xbox 360

Judging by the confirmed titles Xbox 360 will see less amount of exclusive titles compare to 2008 and 2007 .  though titles like GTAIV :Lost and damned are strong enough to compete with PS3 .

The biggest exclusive episode ?!!!

-GTAIV :Lost and damned

-Halo Wars

-Ninja Blade

-Halo 3: ODST

-Ninety Nine Nights II

-Fallout 3 DLC

-Fable 2 DLC 

-: The Last Hope

-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction

although there are so many titles that are very likely to be released for X360 during 2009 but have not been confirmed yet   

Unconfirmed 2009 exclusive titles

-Alan Wake

will we see this game ?
will we see this game ?

-Forza 3

-Mass Effect 2

-All Points Bulletin

-Huxley

-Blue Dragon 2

-Prey 2

-Naruto 3

-Halo: Chronicles

Wii 

we all know that Wii will be the winner of this year as well the next year as well as the year after the next year ………………..  so why should I explain anything ?!!!

Top  games ?

Do you really care about them being top or not ? you/your grandma / your girl friend / your 3 year old sister / your daddy …………   just pick one and play since they are all great right ? :P there is a list of all Wii games due in 2009 bellow :

Complete game list 

DS

Another tool created by Nintendo (ah!!!! Nintendo ) to make your wallet empty . 2009 is going to be an spectacular year for DS considering the sheer number of games coming on this divine  handheld console !

I love Chinatown
I love Chinatown

Top 2009 games

-Grand Theft Auto: Wars

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

-Pokemon Platinum

-Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

-Moon

-Suikoden Tierkreis

-Avalon Code

-Flower, Sun, and Rain: The Endless Park

PSP

Seeing DS as an undisputed rival , PSP will bring many great games that use the full 333 MHz clocked CPU power of the console . undoubtedly  Resistance:

Now that is a handheld game
Retribution will be the biggest PSP title of 2009 showing the ultimate  power of PSP  (something that DS lacks ) which will bring a qualified experience specially when you are in a crowded train playing this game proudly while someone else is picking your pocket .

Top 2009 titles 

-Resistance: Retribution

-Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

-Phantasy Star Portable

-Patapon 2

iPhone / iPod  !!! 

Now we should officially consider these devices some type of  video gaming console as well , their considerable quality and the relentless gaming industry is enough to make Apple slightly greedy . Apple would not mind earning some money by releasing attractive titles like Metal Gear Solid Touch on its !!!!platforms !!!!!  .   

Snake is now IN TOUCH with reality

PC

There is a complete 2009 PC games preview that leaves nothing untold ( make sure to read the second part of the article as well )

Multi-platform

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII

Fortunately most of the 2009's titles are multi-platform and everyone could enjoy them . there are tons of  games to be named but I'd only name a few

Top Multi-platform 2009 games

- Final Fantasy XIII

Will this game become as popular as its predecessor ?

- Resident Evil 5

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

- Wolfenstein

-BioShock 2

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

-Mafia 2

- the Godfather II

-Prototype 

-F.E.A.R 2 : Project origin

- Alpha Protocol

-Prince of 2 -unconfirmed -

- NHL 2010

Finally an original game !

So Bombers ,  get ready and save some money Cuz we are gonna have lots of fun !!!

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Happy new year . today is officially the first day of the year 2009 .  after all been said and done during 2008 we are stepping into a year that is going to be as splendid as the year before . Wii will be there to make your grandpa play  video game for the first time as always , Xbox 360 and PS3 are now 3 and 2 year old consoles and that means the developers have tremendous amount of acquaintance with both consoles . 360s and PS3s will work at their extremity to deliver games at their finest .

Consoles , developing and technology

Each year bring with itself…….wait for it …….. a newer technology !!! and unlike many other entertainment medias , technology  has a direct impact on video games .

Now developers have gotten the hang of the so called hard to program PS3 and games on that system are starting to look and run as good as X360 games (if not better ) . also developers know that officially all of the X360 consumers are using NXE and specially the copy game to HDD functionality  and that means unofficial and unstated improved quality not only in loading times but also stability for X360 games with the HDD in mind .

PC gamers enjoy a new year more than anyone else since  high-end devices get cheaper and cheaper throughout time . nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX and 9800

nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX
nVidia Geforce 9800 GTX
GX2  that are now the top GPUs will provide true next-gen gaming with astonishing qualities . suffice to say that these cards let you run Crysis on maximum quality and maximum resolution with stable 60 FPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

2009 is going to be a better year for all three giant companies (Nintendo , Microsoft and Sony )  along with members of Giant Bomb !!!!!

Exclusive titles

Now lets take a look at the top exclusive titles for various consoles due in 2009 :

PlayStation 3 

In 2009 Sony 's PlayStaion 3 will satisfy the console owners with multiple superb exclusive titles.  With all these games , PS3 owners will find enough reason not to be hungry for more . believe it or not 2009 is PS3's year (at least in terms of exclusive titles ) . the year is filled with great games that attract anyone's attention ranging from the sequel to one of the best PS3 games “Uncharted  “ to Quantic Dream ‘sHeavy Rainthe studio that brought you Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) back in 2005 .    

-Uncharted 2 : among thieves

-Killzone 2

-God of war 3

-Infamous

-Ratchet & Clank

-Heavy Rain

-White Knight Chronicles

-Yakuza 3

Xbox 360

Judging by the confirmed titles Xbox 360 will see less amount of exclusive titles compare to 2008 and 2007 .  though titles like GTAIV :Lost and damned are strong enough to compete with PS3 .

-GTAIV :Lost and damned

-Halo Wars

-Ninja Blade

-Halo 3: ODST

-Ninety Nine Nights II

-Fallout 3 DLC

-Fable 2 DLC 

-: The Last Hope

-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction

although there are so many titles that are very likely to be released for X360 during 2009 but have not been confirmed yet   

Unconfirmed 2009 exclusive titles

-Alan Wake

will we see this game ?
will we see this game ?

-Forza 3

-Mass Effect 2

-All Points Bulletin

-Huxley

-Blue Dragon 2

-Prey 2

-Naruto 3

-Halo: Chronicles

Wii 

we all know that Wii will be the winner of this year as well the next year as well as the year after the next year ………………..  so why should I explain anything ?!!!

Top  games ?

Do you really care about them being top or not ? you/your grandma / your girl friend / your 3 year old sister / your daddy …………   just pick one and play since they are all great right ? :P there is a list of all Wii games due in 2009 bellow :

Complete game list 

DS

Another tool created by Nintendo (ah!!!! Nintendo ) to make your wallet empty . 2009 is going to be an spectacular year for DS considering the sheer number of games coming on this divine  handheld console !

I love Chinatown
I love Chinatown

Top 2009 games

-Grand Theft Auto: Wars

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

-Pokemon Platinum

-Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

-Moon

-Suikoden Tierkreis

-Avalon Code

-Flower, Sun, and Rain: The Endless Park

PSP

Seeing DS as an undisputed rival , PSP will bring many great games that use the full 333 MHz clocked CPU power of the console . undoubtedly  Resistance:

Retribution will be the biggest PSP title of 2009 showing the ultimate  power of PSP  (something that DS lacks ) which will bring a qualified experience specially when you are in a crowded train playing this game proudly while someone else is picking your pocket .

Top 2009 titles 

-Resistance: Retribution

-Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

-Phantasy Star Portable

-Patapon 2

iPhone / iPod  !!! 

Now we should officially consider these devices some type of  video gaming console as well , their considerable quality and the relentless gaming industry is enough to make Apple slightly greedy . Apple would not mind earning some money by releasing attractive titles like Metal Gear Solid Touch on its !!!!platforms !!!!!  .   

PC

There is a complete 2009 PC games preview that leaves nothing untold ( make sure to read the second part of the article as well )

Multi-platform

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII

Fortunately most of the 2009's titles are multi-platform and everyone could enjoy them . there are tons of  games to be named but I'd only name a few

Top Multi-platform 2009 games

- Final Fantasy XIII

- Resident Evil 5

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

- Wolfenstein

-BioShock 2

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

-Mafia 2

- the Godfather II

-Prototype 

-F.E.A.R 2 : Project origin

- Alpha Protocol

-Prince of 2 -unconfirmed -

- NHL 2010

So Bombers ,  get ready and save some money Cuz we are gonna have lots of fun !!!

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By coakroach

Also were probably gonna see a lot of new content for Littlebigplanet
High fives all round!

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tokyochicken

Heavy Rain has me so excited!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

You taste that... sweet, sweet games.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rowr

2009!

year of the psp, i just know it!

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Claude said:
"You taste that... sweet, sweet games."
  Absolutely

tokyochicken said:
"Heavy Rain has me so excited!"
 It is my most anticipated game of 2009 since I am severely into cinematic action adventures with sophisticated stories
Rowr said:
"2009!

year of the psp, i just know it!"
  I gotta buy a PSP ,.................Damn !!!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_

You forgot Loco Roco 2, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Star Ocean: Second Evolution, PixelJunk Monsters Portable, and that's most of them for the PSP for now.

Edit: You already have Monster Hunter. Whoops.

Also... White Knight Chronicles looks like shit. I watched a few hours of gameplay footage of it. It's just... ugh.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm not sure why you didn't list any of the Wii games. The Wii has tons of games coming next year (TONS!!!) and yes I know some of them will be shit but, c'mon, these are a fair few that should appeal to us "gamers": House Of The Dead Overkill, Madworld, Sin & Punishment 2, Punch-Out!!, Monster Hunter 3, The Conduit, Pikmin 3 (perhaps?), new Zelda (perhaps). There are tons and tons more I'm missing too.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Jayge said:
"You forgot Loco Roco 2, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Star Ocean: Second Evolution, PixelJunk Monsters Portable, and that's most of them for the PSP for now.

Edit: You already have Monster Hunter. Whoops.

thanks for stating it

Jayge said:

Also... White Knight Chronicles looks like shit. I watched a few hours of gameplay footage of it. It's just... ugh."
Aweeee C,mooooooooooooooon
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daniel_beck_90
get2sammyb said:
"I'm not sure why you didn't list any of the Wii games. The Wii has tons of games coming next year (TONS!!!) and yes I know some of them will be shit but, c'mon, these are a fair few that should appeal to us "gamers": House Of The Dead Overkill, Madworld, Sin & Punishment 2, Punch-Out!!, Monster Hunter 3, The Conduit, Pikmin 3 (perhaps?), new Zelda (perhaps). There are tons and tons more I'm missing too."
  here is what I said :
Do you really care about them being top or not ? you/your grandma / your girl friend / your 3 year old sister / your daddy …………   just pick one and play since they are all great right ?

Wii is the best selling console out there and there are a ton of great games and I really do not know which one is better than the other (I do not own a Wii )
so if you can list 10 Top 2009 Wii games .....tell me and I will add it to the blog
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

I don't know if I'm the only one...but I am really, really excited for the Prinny PSP game.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

Can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII! :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
daniel_beck_90 said:
"Aweeee C,mooooooooooooooon
"
I was looking forward to it too, but it just seems empty and boring.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

2009 definitely has a lot of games that interest me.  Now that I have a job and a PS3 to go along with my Xbox 360, I can play double the amount of games!

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Vinchenzo

Shit yeah, Ninety Nine Nights II. Am I right?

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Kush said:
"I don't know if I'm the only one...but I am really, really excited for the Prinny PSP game."
  No you are not the only one , Prinny  is the second most important PSP game of 2009

CitizenKane said:
"2009 definitely has a lot of games that interest me.  Now that I have a job and a PS3 to go along with my Xbox 360, I can play double the amount of games!"
in 2009 having both consoles is necessary  so long  you want to enjoy all the hit titles

Vinchenzo said:
"Shit yeah, Ninety Nine Nights II. Am I right?"
 Yes indeed

Jayge
said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"
I was looking forward to it too, but it just seems empty and boring."
  we should wait and see how the final version will turn out  !

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By daz0608

Another game i'm really looking forward to, in 2009, is Bionic Commando

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daniel_beck_90
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By kush
daniel_beck_90 said:
"Kush said:
"I don't know if I'm the only one...but I am really, really excited for the Prinny PSP game."
  No you are not the only one , Prinny  is the second most important PSP game of 2009 "
I don't know about all that...I don't really think it's that big. I will say that PSP in 2009 doesn't look too hot though.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Kush said:
 I don't know about all that...I don't really think it's that big. I will say that PSP in 2009 doesn't look too hot though."
If you want to compare DS with PSP  then you are right , nothing can beat Nintendo .
but I'd personally choose PSP over DS no questions asked , DS games just do not look that good

stanhigareda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By stanhigareda

Hey, thanks for the link. THough I was sure that Splinter Cell game was cancelled. Anyway, I will be looking forward for those games. Regards :)

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By bwooduhs
stanhigareda said:
"Hey, thanks for the link. THough I was sure that Splinter Cell game was cancelled. Anyway, I will be looking forward for those games. Regards :)"
No they just went back to the drawing board because Assasins Creed did what they wanted to do but 10X better.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daniel_beck_90
stanhigareda said:
I was sure that Splinter Cell game was cancelled. Anyway,
  Splinter cell conviction will most likely  be released around fall 2009 
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zitosilva
daniel_beck_90 said:
Jayge said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"

The final version is already out, at least in Japan. I'm still interested, but it hasn't changed much from what we saw. It still fells empty and bland, at least the videos that I saw.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daniel_beck_90
zitosilva said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
Jayge said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"

The final version is already out, at least in Japan. I'm still interested, but it hasn't changed much from what we saw. It still fells empty and bland, at least the videos that I saw."

I hope they include some extra features in  NA & PAL versions  

cantona222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cantona222

Very neat Blog post. Good work and keep it up.

I'm most excited for

•  Uncharted 2 : among thieves
  •  God Of War 3.
It seems that The X360 does not have much going on :(
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daniel_beck_90
cantona222 said:
"Very neat Blog post. Good work and keep it up.

cantona222 said :
It seems that The X360 does not have much going on :(

regarding exclusive titles , X360 can not compete with PS3  in 2009  . on the other hand most of the kick ass games are multi-platform
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By RHCPfan24

Nice blog. I realized how many more games there are for me to see now. While RE5 and SFIV all look awesome, some exclusives like Killzone 2, Heavy Rain and the possibility of another Mass Effect and Bioshock have a lot of potential. Can't wait.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By daniel_beck_90
RHCPfan24 said:
"Nice blog.
RHCPfan24
said:
 I realized how many more games there are for me to see now. While RE5 and SFIV all look awesome, some exclusives like Killzone 2, Heavy Rain and the possibility of another Mass Effect and Bioshock have a lot of potential. Can't wait."
   Bioshock 2 is confirmed for 2009
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shinryu

You forgot one of the biggest titles coming this year in Street Fighter 4

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By yagami

Daym, I was completely unaware about <N3 II>! I'll get it for sure. I finished the first one, and I keep getting pulled back to it time by time.
Are there any trailers for N3 II out there?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Otacon

I'm hoping for a new Zelda announcement with a release date this year.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Yagami said:

Are there any trailers for N3 II out there?"
   Unfortunately NO ,  expect to see some kick as trailer in coming months though