#1  Edited By Snail
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, Prototype, Killzone 2, RAGE, Bionic Commando, Dark Void, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, Infamous, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Street Fighter IV, Halo: ODST, Red Faction: Guerrilla, MadWorld, Just Cause 2, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, God of War 3, GTA4:The Lost & Damned, Wolfenstein, Mafia 2, Wanted: Weapons of Fate and Dead Island....WOULD LIKE A HUGE ASS WORD WITH YOU

And THE LOST & DAMNED isn't coming to PS3...period. Microsoft already invested 50 million bucks...and 50 millions gave R* enough money to do an entire full game and then some. Sony already said, it will not come to PS3.

In the end, your blind and a PS3 fanbitch

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red
Take-Two: The Lost and the Damned will be available on the PS3, because it is fair! And we won't trust EA ever EVER again!
Sonic Team: We will make Sonic games as good as they were when they started.
Nintendo: We will start working on patches an online improvements such as retro-compatibility with Wii.Speak.

Never gonna happen.
Even then, don't complain about something that hasn't even started yet. Bionic Commando, Banjo Tooie, the next Tony Hawk (which might be good)
Plus, there are so many games no one knows about. GeoW 2 wasn't announced until GDC. Plus, Halo Wars, Killzone Two.....it won't suck. ESPECIALLY the first few months.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Shit im even forgetting about cool shit like Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and

Not to mention we'll get to see more on the maybe Crackdown 2 and Deus Ex 3 and I am Alive

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail
BlackWaterCO said:
"Resident Evil 5, Prototype, Killzone 2, RAGE, Bionic Commando, Dark Void, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, Infamous, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Street Fighter IV, Halo: ODST, Red Faction: Guerrilla, MadWorld, Just Cause 2, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, God of War 3, GTA4:The Lost & Damned, Wolfenstein, Mafia 2, Wanted: Weapons of Fate and Dead Island...."
Thank you for being so nice. :)

Those games aren't half as anticipated as the ones in 2008.

BlackWaterCO said:
"And THE LOST & DAMNED isn't coming to PS3...period. Microsoft already invested 50 million bucks...and 50 millions gave R* enough money to do an entire full game and then some. Sony already said, it will not come to PS3. "
I know it isn't I just wish it would because I don't own a 360.
farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By farmer

I find some of your suggested new year's resolutions completely unreasonable.
EA has been very respectable this year.
Blood Money was book, in my opinion.
Sonic games will never be as good as they were in the 90s. Although, perhaps an HD remake would be agreeable.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Why 2009 will suck for you maybe, I'm actually looking forward to games in 09 that I know will be better than ones I played in 08 by a long run, but that's just me.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackWaterCO

They will be anticipated

At the beginning of 2008, nobody gave a rats ass about Mirrors Edge, COD5, or Gears 2

Maybe Super Smash or MGS4....

Give it time, you'll learn to like 2009...

Remember when we didn't want 2007 to end?

Besides....CALL OF DUTY 6 from IW is coming :P

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kilzombie
Snail said:
Go back to the list above and you'll see that only Left 4 Dead is a new franchise, though other good new franchises were released as well, such as Dead Space. But despite the creativity block this was a great year in gaming and a long-awaited one.
I didn't know LittleBigPlanet was a sequel... and what about Mirror's Edge, and Prince Of Persia(okay so that's not a new franchise, but it's a brand new game)
I have a feeling that 2009 is going to be great, with Killzone 2, Infamous, Resident Evil 5, and many many more that BlackWaterCo has already pointed out.
Don't be pessimistic about '09, I'm lookin' forward to it.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Skate 2 comes out in January, guaranteeing that 2009 will be at least 12 months of win.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Oh and me and a select few will also be picking up GH: Metallica

Because I will actaully learn to play GH style stuff when that game comes out!

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By AndrewGaspar
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackWaterCO

P.S. - Im not trying to be a Cock...Just defending good ol' 2009

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Red

Dude: KILLZONE 2 is bigger than Resistance 2. Yeah, it probably won't have the huge juggernauts like GTA IV and MGS4 and SSB but it'll still have a ton of awesome games.

So, you're just complaining tha 2009 isn't hyped enough....why?
Because it's Christmas. People are reflecting on 2008 and thinking what they're gonna get people for Christmas.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlackWaterCO
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Sushbag

StarCraft II is in your game list, so your point is invalid OP. Better luck next time.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By MrRedwine

I'm glad to see so many people so excitecd about 2009 already.  Geez, don't you guys have enough games to play?  I haven't completed so many games from last year (and years previous) that I really don't feel like I NEED to buy anything new.... then I think about Street Fighter IV and realize that I will ALWAYS want to buy something new.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bullet_Jr
MrRedwine said:
"I'm glad to see so many people so excitecd about 2009 already.  Geez, don't you guys have enough games to play?  I haven't completed so many games from last year (and years previous) that I really don't feel like I NEED to buy anything new.... then I think about Street Fighter IV and realize that I will ALWAYS want to buy something new."
Agree. But the fanboy in me craves a new flavor of game, regardless of how much play it will get.

I figure, If I keep all my games and systems, I'll have something to do when I get old and retire.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb
Bullet_Jr said:
"MrRedwine said:
"I'm glad to see so many people so excitecd about 2009 already.  Geez, don't you guys have enough games to play?  I haven't completed so many games from last year (and years previous) that I really don't feel like I NEED to buy anything new.... then I think about Street Fighter IV and realize that I will ALWAYS want to buy something new."
Agree. But the fanboy in me craves a new flavor of game, regardless of how much play it will get.

I figure, If I keep all my games and systems, I'll have something to do when I get old and retire.
"
Look no further than the PSN then: flower, Noby Noby, Fat Princess and no doubt tons more "eccentric" games can be yours for under £10.

As for 2009, I'm excited for: House Of The Dead: Overkill, Uncharted 2, Madworld, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, God Of War III and Heavy Rain. Sure the latter two might not make it and sure only 2 of them are not sequels but... I don't get quite what everyone is complaining about?

2009 looks really good to me?
Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teh_Eel

If the first part of Starcraft 2 comes out in 2009, then its miles better than 2008.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Hey man, i'll never be satisfyed

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Snail
Sushbag said:
"StarCraft II is in your game list, so your point is invalid OP. Better luck next time."
You fail. StartCraft is not on my lists and never will be

.AndrewGaspar said:
"Ahem."
Sure, it will be the year of Playstation, doesn't mean it will be better.

And as a quick reply to all other arguments:  I am glad no fanboy has invaded this blog yet. That being said, I have not been convinced. True that we didn't want 2007 to end, but I wanted 2008 to start All I know is that the games in 2008 were far more attractive and awaited and epic. Not that 2009 will be a bad year, all I am saying is that it will be a less exciting year.

There are always awaited games for every year because people always want more, but 2008 was beyond expected.

Oh well, I am just a man babling, nevermind me. I am not convinced, 2008 IS a better year in gaming than 2009. Even though 2009 is yet to come, the only thihng that could rival this year would be a new 1998. This is the second best year in gaming ever perhaps. HOORAY FOR 2008!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think this every year and every time I reach this point in the year, there's been at least a few gems that I thoroughly enjoy. Just because you don't hype for them doesn't mean they don't come.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snail
HandsomeDead said:
"I think this every year and every time I reach this point in the year, there's been at least a few gems that I thoroughly enjoy. Just because you don't hype for them doesn't mean they don't come."
True, there is always hope. But there was certainty that there games as GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid 4 would be the best in series and awesome games. I can see no game as near as awesome as these two (for instance) in sight for 2009.
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Manachild

i dont see how snail is supposed to be a fanbitch when he didnt even mention killzone 2 or infamous or heavy rain

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Snail
Manachild said:
"i dont see how snail is supposed to be a fanbitch when he didnt even mention killzone 2 or infamous or heavy rain"
Why, thank you for pointing that out! I am totally against fanboyism.
goldenmnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By goldenmnk

Lol... dude Legend of zelda Speculated by pacter.. nuff said

all you ninty haters ... serously?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422
goldenmnk said:
"Lol... dude Legend of zelda Speculated by pacter.. nuff said

all you ninty haters ... serously?"
Because a speculation made by that moron should be taken seriously....he was joking actually too when that happened, but even when he isn't hes not worth listening to. Also, does anyway really care about yet another Zelda game? I mean it will be just be one more OOT like ripoff like Twilight Princess. This time link will just turn into a Cat or something. They really gotten any better since OoT, its just running in place at this point.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Systech
Square Enix: We will nail a release on both the PS3 and 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII.

Nintendo: We will try to stop lying and saying "we still care about you hardcore gamers!"
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By brukaoru

2009 will not suck for games. It may just be a less-than-stellar year for gaming in comparison to the plethora of games in 2008, but it won't suck. 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The Wii is gonna have a great 09, you fop!

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Verdugo

Must I explain how fucking excited I am for this:

Oh yes, this WILL be awesome.
Oh yes, this WILL be awesome.
Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joru

I'm actually looking forward to quite a few games in 2009 (Mafia 2 PLEASEE). And there are propably some awesome low profile ones that we don't know about yet. I do think that Diablo 3 and some other games won't come out in 2009 so we'll have to wait and see what the next holiday season will look like.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By CreamyGoodness

you are a tard. 2009 will be one of the best linups on the 360 i've seen. same as ps3. wii um maybe not. anyway there are great games coming for all systems so whoever you support your bound to have a great run

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crunchUK

2009 seems better than 2008 in my eyes because...

RACE PRO AND FORZA 3 FTFUCKINGWIN LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crunchUK

2009 seems better than 2008 in my eyes because...

RACE PRO AND FORZA 3 FTFUCKINGWIN LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CreamyGoodness
crunchUK said:
"2009 seems better than 2008 in my eyes because...

RACE PRO AND FORZA 3 FTFUCKINGWIN LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO"
ill drink to that. wait i already am.. my irish coffe that is
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By jakob187

Oh, sir...I know why 2009 will suck:

...because the Democrats won.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HandsomeDead
jakob187 said:
"Oh, sir...I know why 2009 will suck:

"
Give him a few months and the only change he'll be having is from alive to dead with a sniper bullet lodged in his brain.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bonesofwar
HandsomeDead said:
"jakob187 said:
"Oh, sir...I know why 2009 will suck:

"
Give him a few months and the only change he'll be having is from alive to dead with a sniper bullet lodged in his brain."
Rednecks don't use sniper rifles, idiot. Shotguns are much more condusive to being drunk. And jakob, no the demorcats didn't win. The mild conservative masquerading as a democrat won, silly.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By jakob187

Please don't insult the Republican party, Bones.

Getting back on topic with OP...I think next year is going to be a superb year for games, as we are getting a TON of original IPs.  This year was sequel year.  Next year is "now check THIS shit out!" year.  We'll have plenty of sequels next year as well, but I think games like Brutal Legend and Dante's Inferno are going to show well.

Plus, remember...Microsoft is supposed to be wreckin' shop at E3 this year...so we've gotta see what those doods have.
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sushbag

OP if you're old enough to remember, well, anything, you'd certainly know that since 1998 there has been one year in particular that was the best so far and that was 2004 (Half-Life 2, World of Warcraft, San Andreas, Doom 3, Far Cry, Dawn of War, Metal Gear Solid 3, etc). Beyond that 2007 is a distant second, with the Orange Box and then a bunch of other good ones such as Bioshock, Mass Effect, etc.

Now, in 2008 we had a bunch of overhyped games that did not live up to anticipation. The ones that did were MGS4, because it's MGS4, and Left 4 Dead, because its a Valve game. None of the other sequels were worth anything more than a rental, and Dead Space and Valkyria Chronicles get props for being good debuts, and as far as downloadable games go you have Bionic Commando which was worth it. That was 2008.

2009 has at least three games that will be must-own, you're-stupid-if-you-don't-play-them games, namely FEAR 2, StarCraft 2, and Uncharted 2, with a few others that will likely impress, namely Gran Turismo 5 if it comes out, Killzone 2 if it isn't bad, and God of War 3 if it looks ten times better than the VGA trailer. Already thats a better year than 2008 was, and once again, better luck next time, you idiot.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gizmo

Alan Wake.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Will1Lucky
BlackWaterCO said:
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Resident Evil 5, Prototype, Killzone 2, RAGE, Bionic Commando, Dark Void, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, Infamous, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Street Fighter IV, Halo: ODST, Red Faction: Guerrilla, MadWorld, Just Cause 2, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, God of War 3, GTA4:The Lost & Damned, Wolfenstein, Mafia 2, Wanted: Weapons of Fate and Dead Island....WOULD LIKE A HUGE ASS WORD WITH YOU

And THE LOST & DAMNED isn't coming to PS3...period. Microsoft already invested 50 million bucks...and 50 millions gave R* enough money to do an entire full game and then some. Sony already said, it will not come to PS3.

In the end, your blind and a PS3 fanbitch"
Any bets on how many of those are delayed? The only one I can guarantee will be released next year is Call of Duty, Activision would never let there most precious cash cow be delayed.

If Diablo 3 and/or Guildwars 2 are released late next year which is highly unlikely then it is a fantastic year. Hearts of Iron 3 will definitely be out next year and I will definitely play that for a long long time. And of Course Dawn o War 2 is due for release and that will be an excellent game.
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#45  Edited By jacksukeru

God I would wish for a quieter 2009. Still have 13 games left since this and last year I need to play through, and I haven't even got the new Prince of Persia yet. Tough now that my comp's busted and I'm free of WoW I might finally catch up :/ Still, Bionic Commando, Street Fighter 4 etc. It's gonna be a long year :)

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlackWaterCO
Manachild said:
"i dont see how snail is supposed to be a fanbitch when he didnt even mention killzone 2 or infamous or heavy rain"

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry

Do you want me to ask him out for you while im at it?!

kiss ass elsewhere
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dalai

When compared to 2007 and 2008, it looks like next year will be an average year... a few great, memorable games, but 2009's lineup doesn't look like "best year in gaming ever" material.

Then again, not every game has been announced and there will be a few surprises come next year, too.

Kersal_Massive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kersal_Massive
Snail said:
Take-Two: The Lost and the Damned will be available on the PS3, because it is fair! And we won't trust EA ever EVER again!
LMAO!!!!
Keep Dreaming and wipe those Tears of your psTRIPLE
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RetroIce4
Bullet_Jr said:
"Skate 2 comes out in January, guaranteeing that 2009 will be at least 12 months of win."
I am also waiting for Skate 2. That game better be epic.
psTRIPLE: Chad Warden. get out!
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By serbsta

Dude... BIONIC COMMANDO and STREET FIGHTER IV!

I dont know about anyone else, but thats anticipated by me at least.

Have a good day. =]