Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By audiosnow

@TheHumanDove said:

@mlarrabee said:

@TheHumanDove said:

durr people cant have opinions because it's rude

One doesn't always need to share one's opinions. When one does, one should do it with class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLbrZAko7E

Sometimes I don't feel like being classy. Sometimes I like to walk around in a worn down house-coat, drink milk from the carton, and say whats on my mind with a slur. In this case, I hate a website. Deal with it

Smoking Cary Grant disapproves.

http://www.leninimports.com/cary_grant_new_7a.jpg

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By TheHumanDove

@mlarrabee said:

@TheHumanDove said:

@mlarrabee said:

@TheHumanDove said:

durr people cant have opinions because it's rude

One doesn't always need to share one's opinions. When one does, one should do it with class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLbrZAko7E

Sometimes I don't feel like being classy. Sometimes I like to walk around in a worn down house-coat, drink milk from the carton, and say whats on my mind with a slur. In this case, I hate a website. Deal with it

Smoking Cary Grant disapproves.

http://www.leninimports.com/cary_grant_new_7a.jpg

All I wanted was your loveee

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MrKlorox

A number of them. But Kotaku is probably the highest on the list. Just wow.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SAC

IGN IGN IGN IGN

i just really fucking hate all of their hit-based bullshit.... posting like five articles a day with a title like "What if Mario had a baby with Kratos?!" and "15 Best Nintendo References"

i mean, really... on their site right now, they have an article of the front page with a title of "Will GTA V sell 20 million copies?"..... terminate yourself, IGN.

No Caption Provided

This is also on their site right now...

NecroMongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NecroMongo

Screw Attack

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Cloudenvy

Kotaku, for reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread!

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By meteora

Giantbomb.

/jk

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By ajamafalous

giantbomb.com

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#59  Edited By ShinjiEx

Kotaku is actually the only decent video game news website out there today

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I severely dislike Kotaku not for the corporate 'tards they have on staff, or even creepy Ashcraft (that guy is super fucking creepy), but more due to their editorial policies. Such as spoiling the shit out of games the day of release, running stories without vetting their source, making shit up just to make shit up, and all around being a worse tabloid than the National Enquirer. Cutting Kotaku out of my web routine has led to a more full, happier existence on the Internet.

And that's not to say someone like Stephen Totilo isn't a good journalist. He just can't be a good journalist at Kotaku. If Gawker would let Kotaku be a real news site, then there could be potential there. They won't, though. It's fucking Gawker.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By DarthOrange

Giant Bomb. Seriously.  
I liked the small and independent Whiskey Media, a small group with small funds that didn't have to answer to anyone. Nothing has been the same since the buyout, and the staff just seems to be more down on videogames then ever. I haven't listened to the Bombcast in over 2 months and every time I try to watch a quick look it is just them being shitty unfair assholes. PlayStation All-Stars, Lego Batman 2, and Resident Evil 6 all had quick looks that did not accurately represent the games at all. And the review Brad gave of Resident Evil 6 was like something straight out of metacritic user-reviews. It is ok not to like something, but don't review a game making snarky comparisons to the Star Wars prequels if you haven't even taken the time to learn the mechanics.  

That being said, I absolutely love these forums and you guys are the nicest group anywhere on the internet. Even if I refuse to click on any more articles by the staff, I still think this community is amazing and the staff should be grateful to have you all. 

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By metalmoog

Snarky snarkersons snarkalicious reviews site. Seriously all of the review sites on the internet have to be taken with a grain of salt because, well, opinions. I pretty much stay away from reviews now as I don't want other people's hang ups and gripes swaying me in anyway. I found I enjoyed gaming a whole lot more when I went in blind and had 0 expectations. Rollin old school again.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Flawed_System

Gamespot.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Slay3r1583

/v/ - I occasionally check it out and I always regret it afterwards. /vg/ can be cool though.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@DarthOrange
Giant Bomb. Seriously.  
I liked the small and independent Whiskey Media, a small group with small funds that didn't have to answer to anyone. Nothing has been the same since the buyout, and the staff just seems to be more down on videogames then ever. I haven't listened to the Bombcast in over 2 months and every time I try to watch a quick look it is just them being shitty unfair assholes. PlayStation All-Stars, Lego Batman 2, and Resident Evil 6 all had quick looks that did not accurately represent the games at all. And the review Brad gave of Resident Evil 6 was like something straight out of metacritic user-reviews. It is ok not to like something, but don't review a game making snarky comparisons to the Star Wars prequels if you haven't even taken the time to learn the mechanics.  

That being said, I absolutely love these forums and you guys are the nicest group anywhere on the internet. Even if I refuse to click on any more articles by the staff, I still think this community is amazing and the staff should be grateful to have you all. 
This is going to end so well...

You know, maybe they don't like those games you mentioned because.. They didn't like them. And it just seems backwards what you are saying, because of the buyout they are rating games lower? I'm pretty sure that the crew wouldn't have gone to CBS If they weren't happy.
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By shivermetimbers

Anyone who said Kotaku would be correct, IMO. Every other gaming website is fine with me.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By korolev

I don't hate any game websites, but there are certainly some websites which I do not trust. Most of them are the really shady websites, like Gamereactor or YouGamers (which seems to give virtually any game a glowing review) - most of them, sadly, are from Europe. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good game reviewers from Europe, and by Jove there are bad US and Australian Game Reviewers, but Europe (especially Eastern Europe) seems to be the focal point of very, very shady reviews. I can't really blame them - Eastern Europe isn't exactly an Economic Paradise, and everyone needs to eat.

I rarely visit IGN or Gamespot, but I don't hate those websites. Gametrailers doesn't seem terribly good to me either, but again, I don't hate that site. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Giantbomb is the place I go to, because of the Quicklooks - better than reviews, in my opinion. I don't agree with quite a lot of the games that the GB staff like (I, for instance, really, really don't care for any of the Assassin's Creed Games, and I question some of the games Brad likes (Dead Island? Four Stars? Seriously?)) but I respect their honesty. I truly do believe that Brad liked Dead Island, even though I can't really understand why. I honestly believe Ryan likes Assassin's Creed, even though that entire series is a sedative to me.

But GB has shown me some wonderful games through Quicklooks and TNT. I would not have got XCOM: Enemy Unknown if it wasn't for that Quicklook. I wouldn't have bothered with Max Payne 3 (a game I liked), without that Quicklook. I would never have touched Bastion, one of my favourite games of all time, without the coverage that GB provided. The most recent game that GB illuminated me to buy was Hotline Miami and goddamn if that isn't a fun (if short) game.

Other sites don't do that - the reviews they write read as if they were written by robots with no personality. When someone from GB says they like or dislike a game, I can get a good sense as to WHY. I don't, and never have, gotten that from other sites, whose rotating mass of come-and-go freelance writers and personality-devoid staff members leaves me feeling that I am being barked at by TOTAL STRANGERS.

About the only other site I like is Rock-Paper-Shotgun.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By steveurkel

gamespy

remember planetquake? remember planetunreal?

thank gamespy for ruining all those great sites

video games started to be bad and the industry even worse around the time of half life

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NinjaBerd

GameFAQs.com - Well their forums anyway, its ugly in there.

Screwattack.com - Just eww!

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ShockD

Gamespot. Weird layout and horrible community.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#71  Edited By Svenzon

Destructoid

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By uhtaree

I'm glad they all exist to serve as a back catalog of factoids and "remember-whens", that said I'd say IGN has the least value to me as an everyday, up-to-the-minute site.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bwast

I don't really go to other video game websites so I can't say.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By largo6661

IGN, GAMESRADAR US.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By gaminghooligan

IGN . I know you need that ad revenue to survive but jeez, so many ads and with their people doing them now just feels wrong. Also as they said on the bombcast putting your watermark on a screenshot anyone else in the world can get is just silly. Lastly half their articles are just flame-bait to get people in their comments arguing, and then their hosts talk about how that's inappropriate. However there are guys and gals on the IGN staff that I like, it's the site I don't like.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Kotaku.

Screwattack is also intolerably low-brow, even for a videogame website.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mordukai

@RPGee said:

Polygon.com

Actually, they're just unproven. I would say IGN, which hasn't been good since Hillary Goldstein left.

Also, side-note: for some reason, I dislike the Penny Arcade Report suddenly doing reviews. It makes some sense, but it almost feels disingenuous, as if they not being a purely news/editorial site is a bad thing. I love the PAR, though, so that's just a little quibble.

They have good stories but I don't think I'll be able to handles them on an audio ( and by proxy; video) capacity. I find Justin McElroy's voice and speech patterns to be extremely annoying second only to Kathy Griffin. Everytime he's on the bombcast I just feel the need to go on a chaotic rampage.

Personally I dislike GameTrailers and think that site is garbage. I used to actively hate Kotaku and Destroctiod. Nowadays I just completely ignore them. I also can't stand Shacknews but only because their layout is just awful.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By TheHBK

Maybe not a game site, but the USA Today game reviewers with their stupid ass cartoon versions of themselves that were a fad a couple years back.

Also, someone posted up a thread on a stupid ass Gaming Site for veterans that had a review for Medal of Honor that said all other reviewers who hated the game were full of shit.

Ersanven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ersanven

Kotaku, I don't know why I keep visiting.

Oh wait, I'm a masochist.:(

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By I_smell

I've checked out NeoGAF a couple times recently and oh my god.

If you ever wanna read like 8 straight pages of people completely shitting on game developers for absolutely nothing, and the sad rare instance that a designer actually posts on there to defend himself for some reason, then check out that forum.
Fuckin-- "I'm boycotting all your future games cos your fullscreen doesn't go up to 2048x1240, I hope you all go bankrupt" or whatever crap, what a depressing site, full of insanely cocky, bitter know-it-all pretenders.

"Hey check out this press release, let's all dissect it sentence-by-sentence and make a bunch of 4chan image macros." Like-- why on earth does anyone even know the name of a site like that?

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kerse

I really hate the way ign and gamespot look, just not easy on my eyes.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By Yanngc33

I don't like Machinima at all

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zeforgotten

I was gonna say Kotaku but then I remembered most of their stuff doesn't have anything at all to do with video gaming anymore. 
The Escapist takes it for me. Either that or NeoGAF

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By JJOR64

Giant Bomb. Hate that site.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By colourful_hippie

Kotaku. I've eased up on IGN recently by just completely ignoring it. I've eased up Gamespot recently too because I think it's somewhat better than in the past.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll go with Gamespot just because everyone there has the personality of fucking Lactaid.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88  Edited By Sooty

Kotaku

Always crop up in my Flipboard gaming section, it's usually some random cosplay bullshit or harping on about Japan, because Japan.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#89  Edited By MocBucket62

I'm finally putting the foot on Screwattack. The humor they attempt to do now is sad and the current content they have is stupid, like 20 REASONS WE LOVE AND HATE HALO and Death Battle, which is pretty much Deadliest Warrior for video game and pop culture characters but super annoying. And yeah, the reviews are garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BraveToaster: Becfause they do not release their own content to my knowledge. They just list other things someone else wrote.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#91  Edited By mesoian

Kotaku.

I would like PAreport more if 70% of their content wasn't just redirects to other people's work.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

destructoid

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Kerned

@Korolev said:

I don't hate any game websites, but there are certainly some websites which I do not trust.

A good way of putting it, and the site I am using right now is the only one I really do trust.

Kaiserhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Kaiserhawk

IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, and Gametrailers

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#95  Edited By happenstance

N-Europe for me. I used to be a big member of their forums but everyone has become so arrogant over there and there is a lot of putting down which is condoned because "thats just how it is here". As for the actual site and their content, I havent used that in years, even when I was an active member. It always felt very amateurish to me.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Enigma777

Neogaf and IGN (after everyone worth anything left or got fired)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jrinswand

KOTAKU.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By phantomzxro

I don't see the hate for IGN, the one i would throw up is kotaku and it not really because i hate the work they do. It just boils down to their overheads making changes that they think is best and end up making my time on kotaku worse.