Are you okay with Gay Marriage?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Clean

Personally, I don't like gays but I still think they have to have rights and their still people just like us.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adam_grif

Yes. Marriage is not a religious ceremony, although religions almost always have a ritual that they expect you to undertake when you get married. Marriage is a state affair, and is common to all human cultures. Thus homosexuals should be allowed to get married.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich

I don't have problems with people as long as they don't bother me.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead
Clean said:
"Personally, I don't like gays but I still think they have to have rights and their still people just like us."
What?
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

I don't ever want to be invited to a gay wedding, because I don't ever want to see two guys kiss, you know, "you may know kiss the groom". I saw some guys kiss when I was on the train yesterday, and some fat girl was giggling and staring, and the two things combined were just icky. So, in order for this to happen, I either have to be really mean to gays, or not want them to marry so I can't be invited to their weddings. I do have some gay friends, so the mean option is eliminated.
Ok, enough with that. I don't like homosexuality, I think it is disgusting, and I'd rather never hear about it again. But they are here, they are queer, and we need to get used to it. I say America does it on the state by state basis as is already happening. At the very least, let them visit their partner in the hospital and give them survivalship rights already. Like I said, it is totally grody, but it's not as if not allowing them to marry will un-gay them. So, whatever.
I apologise for being in a very un-serious mood right now.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yep. Love is love.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adam_grif
BoG said:
"I don't ever want to be invited to a gay wedding, because I don't ever want to see two guys kiss, you know, "you may know kiss the groom". I saw some guys kiss when I was on the train yesterday, and some fat girl was giggling and staring, and the two things combined were just icky. So, in order for this to happen, I either have to be really mean to gays, or not want them to marry so I can't be invited to their weddings. I do have some gay friends, so the mean option is eliminated.
Ok, enough with that. I don't like homosexuality, I think it is disgusting, and I'd rather never hear about it again. But they are here, they are queer, and we need to get used to it. I say America does it on the state by state basis as is already happening. At the very least, let them visit their partner in the hospital and give them survivalship rights already. Like I said, it is totally grody, but it's not as if not allowing them to marry will un-gay them. So, whatever.
I apologise for being in a very un-serious mood right now."
I think homosexuality is disgusting also, but I absolutely think that they should be allowed to marry.

Saying let the state decide is a total cop out, because that wasn't the question. The question was are you ok with gays being married. And I am.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By DARKIDO07

<rant>
Absolutely, to say homosexuals can't get married would be like saying Black people can't marry or something like that. People have to understand that homosexuality IS natural and its something that needs to be accepted or we will never advance as a society. Seriously most people would look at  someone with a different sex,religion, and/or race and wouldn't dare say any bad racial, religious, or sexist remarks becuase its "wrong to hate people who are different" yet they have no problem turning around and calling someone a fagot. Every generation we force groups to fight for rights they should already have. The sad thing is homosexual hate and ignorance is being said by people younger than me (I'm 15), its really sicking.

</rant>

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CactusWolf
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Yep. Love is love."
^This.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Hamz

Gay or not people have a right to be happy and other people should at the very least respect that. So if it makes two men or women happy to go through some form of civil partnership or marriage then sure, i'm totally ok with that. Seeing two guys kiss doesn't make me feel sick or make me angry i just guess its like seeing two fat people or ugly people do the same thing, sure i'd rather not see it but man i'm not gonna lose sleep over it either as i can soon forget it.

So sure i'm all for gay marriage as we live in the 21st century, homosexuality has been around since forever so its about time we began to accept it really.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Gunner

whatever two guys do is their buisness.. I dont really care what they do, its their choice not mine.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

To people who say homosexuality is disgusting: You're including lesbians in that, right?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

I have no problem with gay marriage at all. I believe that marriage is just a union between two people who love each other...not two heterosexual people.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb

Yes they should have all the rights that heterosexual couples have. Who is the government to decide which love is right and which is wrong?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By mike
HandsomeDead said:
"To people who say homosexuality is disgusting: You're including lesbians in that, right?"
Not if both of them are hot.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"To people who say homosexuality is disgusting: You're including lesbians in that, right?"
Not if both of them are hot."

It's funny, because it's true.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mike

Come on guys - if we can't have constructive discussion here, I'm just going to close the thread.  For the record, posts like "no homo" and "lol censorship" are not constructive, and the former is flaming and the latter is spam.  Thanks!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
BiggerBomb said:
"MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:

It's funny, because it's true."
So very true.

I support gay marraige the same way I support abortion, decriminalization of marijuana, and other things like that. What people do with themselves, as long as they are not hurting anybody, is not the business of anyone else to dictate. And anyone who tries to is a hypocrite.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead
MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Two guys can be hot too.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:

So very true.

I support gay marraige the same way I support abortion, decriminalization of marijuana, and other things like that. What people do with themselves, as long as they are not hurting anybody, is not the business of anyone else to dictate. And anyone who tries to is a hypocrite."

Quoted for absolute truth.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead
Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:

So very true.

I support gay marraige the same way I support abortion, decriminalization of marijuana, and other things like that. What people do with themselves, as long as they are not hurting anybody, is not the business of anyone else to dictate. And anyone who tries to is a hypocrite."
Marijuana can have an effect on other people as well as a detrimental effect on the smokers themselves though, so I can understand that still being a problem, but I agree with everything else.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mike
HandsomeDead said:
Two guys can be hot too."

Not to me dude...haha.  To each his own though, I guess.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiggerBomb
Keano said:
"MB said:
"Come on guys - if we can't have constructive discussion here, I'm just going to close the thread.  For the record, posts like "no homo" and "lol censorship" are not constructive, and the former is flaming and the latter is spam.  Thanks!"
constructive discussion???? LMAO!!!
a so called "mod" is allowed to rant and anyone who says other wise gets deleted......nice discussion you have here. 
"

Keano, you're an idiot. Seriously.

HandsomeDead said:
"Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:

So very true.

Marijuana can have an effect on other people as well as a detrimental effect on the smokers themselves though, so I can understand that still being a problem, but I agree with everything else."

Alchohol is a much more dangerous drug than marijuana, yet it is legal anyway. Marijuana also has legitimate medicinal purposes, I'm in favor of its legalization (although I've never smoked it.)
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawn

Whatever floats their boat, who am I to tell them they can't get married.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:

So very true.

Marijuana can have an effect on other people as well as a detrimental effect on the smokers themselves though, so I can understand that still being a problem, but I agree with everything else."

Alchohol is a much more dangerous drug than marijuana, yet it is legal anyway. Marijuana also has legitimate medicinal purposes, I'm in favor of its legalization (although I've never smoked it.)"
Obviously neither are good, but alcohol has been doing the rounds for centuries and is now a big business, same with tobacco, so as damaging as they are, big business means they will always be around. I'd say that legalisation would be a good idea if it could be regulated for medicinal use only, but seeing how the drug market is, a legalisation will probably make everything worse.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoG
adam_grif said:
"BoG said:
"I don't ever want to be invited to a gay wedding, because I don't ever want to see two guys kiss, you know, "you may know kiss the groom". I saw some guys kiss when I was on the train yesterday, and some fat girl was giggling and staring, and the two things combined were just icky. So, in order for this to happen, I either have to be really mean to gays, or not want them to marry so I can't be invited to their weddings. I do have some gay friends, so the mean option is eliminated.
I think homosexuality is disgusting also, but I absolutely think that they should be allowed to marry.

Saying let the state decide is a total cop out, because that wasn't the question. The question was are you ok with gays being married. And I am."
Ok, then here is my non cop out answer: I am not ok with it in the sense that I find it disgusting, but ok with it considering that they can do whatever they want.
Thanks for downvoting my post, guys =(
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
Obviously neither are good, but alcohol has been doing the rounds for centuries and is now a big business, same with tobacco, so as damaging as they are, big business means they will always be around. I'd say that legalisation would be a good idea if it could be regulated for medicinal use only, but seeing how the drug market is, a legalisation will probably make everything worse."

Alcohol is not bad. It is only bad when used irresponsibly. This is the same as everything, driving isn't bad, speeding is bad.

The fact of the matter is that alchohol, if abused, is far and away a more dangerous drug than marijuana. On top of that it is highly regarded as an excellent pain killer and should we legalize it, there would be a sudden influx of revenue to an already thriving (albeit underground) industry. This could actually be a great benefit for the United States' economy as well as your own.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By serbsta
Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:

So very true.

Amen dude, amen.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ish

Yes. I cannot understand why a person would have a problem with it.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By DualReaver

I am okay with it and so should civilized society. The fact that this is still even a question is fucking ridiculous.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Black_Rose

I have no problem with gay people, i support gay marriage, they have every right to be with the person they love.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bulldog19892

Marriage must be between a man and a woman. It says so in this book I read that may or may not be true. I mean seriously, are you going to try and tell me that a marriage between two gay people who love each-other is somehow more sacred than Britney and K-Fed's wedding? Seriously? Come on, grow some sense.

And by the way, the concept of marriage is specifically exclusive to the Christian religion. Anyone who says otherwise is a sinner and will receive their time in hell.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Omega

I was watching a documentary a few weeks ago called Escape to Canada. The main topics of the documentary were the summer of pot (the time when pot laws in Canada were caught in limbo and marijuana was temporarily legal on a technicality) and gay marriage in Canada.

The attorney who represented the Halpern's in the case that won gay's the right to be married, said "Anyone who is against gay marriage should go to a wedding and see their happy faces and tell me that they shouldn't be together." (or something to that effect)

Personally I don't see why anyone wants to be married. 50% of marriages end in divorce and 95% of marriages end in heart-ache and resentment for one another. I think people should stay together for as long as they can stand one another and then make a clean break before they end up hurting one another. The only reason marriage exists is because it is the cornerstone of economics. There is no better employee than one who is dead inside. No employer wants an individual with hopes and dreams. They want a soul crushed worker that they can rely on to stay in the same dead end job for life. Whats the best soul crusher and dream destroyer? A family. If you have a wife and kids that depend on you, you can't take a big risk like quitting your job and opening a restaurant like you always dreamed of. You have responsibilities. Its a safer bet to stay at your shitty, but well paying job for the good of your family.

Marriage is not about love, or religion, or even about a healthy home for a child to grow up in. It's about money.

Same thing with caffeine, it is a drug that makes everything go faster, people work faster, making companies more efficient, thus making society more efficient, and government happy. =)
Weed makes people mellow out, they slow down, work at a relaxed pace. That makes companies less efficient, thus making society less efficient, and the government sad. =(

That is why weed is illegal. That is why marriage is meaningless. And that is why everyone should just do whatever the fuck makes them happy. (Including weed and weddings.)

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mourne
BoG said:
What a narcissistic response. The intumescent nature of that post sickens me, truthfully.

Get over yourself. Just because you deem homosexuality "disgusting" does not entitle you to subject us to your primitive perspective of others. I have a number of gay friends, and I can safely say that none are as prejudice or intolerant toward others as what I've read from you.

Your post is complete, incessant bigotry at its most foul. I'm almost entirely convinced it's seated within your religious tastes as well, which makes it all the more frightening. To think that people are so judgmental in this day and age is truly an insult to our species.

To be completely honest: Moderator or not, you--and those like you--are truly the antithesis of intelligence, and I feel no remorse by hoping any potential offspring you bring to the world are free of your views... and perhaps, as one last slight, are homosexual. Perhaps then you will learn something about humility.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZenaxPure

Well seeing the topic title which interested me and lacking on time I skipped most the responses just to type my own little bit: I had a English class 2 semesters ago where we had to pick a side for gay marriage, either for it or against it. I was and still am a big fat neither on the subject - yet for some reason that was not good enough for my teacher. I mean look I still say this - how does gay marriage effect my normal day life? Is my day going to be worse or bad because of it? No.

So why do I care? And don't read that as a "I'm okay with gay marriage", I absolutely do not care if they can get married or not, if something was passed here in the US to ban it all I would not care, if something was passed to allow it everywhere I would equally not care. There is no reason or motivation for me to care about something that is not my business or effects my daily life directly. I do not see how it is so hard for someone to wrap their brain around that logic at all - my old teacher who I stil consider the best English teacher I ever had does not get it at all even now.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

I am ok with them marring if they want to. but i m AGAINST them adopting kids.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't see why a homosexual couple's rights should be any different from a heterosexual couple's rights. If they want to get married, why shouldn't they be allowed to? I can't think of one reason against it that isn't about people's personal prejudices, and no-one is forcing them to get married to someone of the same sex, or even go to a gay wedding.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Levio91 said:
"It shouldnt be called marriage, because marriage is a religous thing and religions do not approve of gays. Just call it domestic partnership."
Weddings haven't been purely religious for years. Plenty atheist heterosexual's get married, and it's called a marriage.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Endogene
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"I am ok with them marring if they want to. but i m AGAINST them adopting kids."
Why should they not be able to adopts kids? Polls pointed out that children adopted by same sex couples are happier and more successful in life.
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AaronBelfast

I don't support gay marriage but I don't condemm it.

If only people would realise being gay or straight is not a choice...

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By atejas

Support. Whatever floats your boat.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mourne
AaronBelfast said:
"I don't support gay marriage but I don't condemm it.

If only people would realise being gay or straight is not a choice..."
See, that's a respectable approach. It's humane, and understanding. You can learn something here, BoG.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44  Edited By kush
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"I am ok with them marring if they want to. but i m AGAINST them adopting kids."
And why are you "AGAINST" that...
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By adam_grif
Solid_SnakeXx said:
Why? Are afraid of "the gay" rubbing off?Levio91 said:
"It shouldnt be called marriage, because marriage is a religous thing and religions do not approve of gays. Just call it domestic partnership."
No, marriage in many cultures is non-religious. Theravada Buddhists who get married have a secular ceremony, but sometimes invite Bikkhus (priests) to read some scripture.

Christianity does not have any special rights over marriage, nor should they. You can't just say "oh, Christians view marriage as a religious thing" and then just assume marriage has to be religious. It's absolutely not.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BiggerBomb
Solid_SnakeXx said:

There is a gay couple in my community, they have a son my brother's age (two years out of college.) He's straight. Can you tell me why this is a problem?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rowr

Are you okay with Gay Marriage?

umm sure, but maybe we could do some dating first and see where is goes from there?

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By whackmypinata
Zenaxzd said:
"Well seeing the topic title which interested me and lacking on time I skipped most the responses just to type my own little bit: I had a English class 2 semesters ago where we had to pick a side for gay marriage, either for it or against it. I was and still am a big fat neither on the subject - yet for some reason that was not good enough for my teacher. I mean look I still say this - how does gay marriage effect my normal day life? Is my day going to be worse or bad because of it? No.
So why do I care? And don't read that as a "I'm okay with gay marriage", I absolutely do not care if they can get married or not, if something was passed here in the US to ban it all I would not care, if something was passed to allow it everywhere I would equally not care. There is no reason or motivation for me to care about something that is not my business or effects my daily life directly. I do not see how it is so hard for someone to wrap their brain around that logic at all - my old teacher who I stil consider the best English teacher I ever had does not get it at all even now.
"
No one understands that, because its flawed. It shouldn't matter if your everyday life is affected, you should care about other people rather than solely yourself. Should I care that kids are starving in Africa? Should I care about this thing called the War in Iraq? How about DARFUR? You sound just like a spoiled brat.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RetroIce4

I think they can marry. They can do whatever they want. It's just nasty... unless they are hot lesbians (If that is considered gay or lesbian) but that is how they think. I can't do anything. I don't care what gays do but if they get anywhere near my ding-dong... Beatdown.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BoG
Mourne said:
"BoG said:
What a narcissistic response. The intumescent nature of that post sickens me, truthfully.

Get over yourself. Just because you deem homosexuality "disgusting" does not entitle you to subject us to your primitive perspective of others. I have a number of gay friends, and I can safely say that none are as prejudice or intolerant toward others as what I've read from you.

Your post is complete, incessant bigotry at its most foul. I'm almost entirely convinced it's seated within your religious tastes as well, which makes it all the more frightening. To think that people are so judgmental in this day and age is truly an insult to our species.

To be completely honest: Moderator or not, you--and those like you--are truly the antithesis of intelligence, and I feel no remorse by hoping any potential offspring you bring to the world are free of your views... and perhaps, as one last slight, are homosexual. Perhaps then you will learn something about humility.
"
I guess my apology for my mood wasn't effective. I completely deserved that, every word of it. I apologise for the post, because I should have known better then to post it.
As I said in the post, I have gay friends as well. All of them are great people, who I have been friends with for a long time. As you said, none of them have prejudice or intolerance at all. I'd say they've been tempered throughout life to be free of such feelings, as they are so often the victims of it.

You are correct to think it is seated in my religious beliefs, as it honestly is. I'm a mormon, and I'm sure most every knows that the religion does not condone homosexual marriage. We're taught not taught to be bigots, however, so I should be ashamed of what I said. 

I am a bit offended that you called me unintelligent, though, once again, I did deserve it for posting about a sensitive subject in a manner that lacks all sensitivity. I've actually thought about what I would do if one of my children was gay quite extensively, and I've concluded that I would have no choice but to show them as much love and support as possible. If I were the type of person who would toss their own child on the streets simply for being honest to themselves and honest to their parents, I don't think I would deserve children. If I were the type of person to deny another their right to love, I don't think I deserve to love.

Thank you for calling me out on this issue.

Oh, and Solid_SnakeXx said he was against their adoption of kids, to which adam_grif responded "Why? Are afraid of "the gay" rubbing off?"

I actually did some research not long ago, and a study was done on this. I don't think it had been replicated, so the results are 100% yet, but I did find a study that concluded that children were less likely to be homosexual when raised by homosexual parents. If I can find the source, I'll post it.