This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -
#2 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

Yay!

#3 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Nice.

#4 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

OK.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10484 posts) -

On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.  

That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage. 

#6 Edited by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Good, it should be legal. 

#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@one_2nd:  lol, ten seconds too late. we almost had gradient from excited to unimpressed but MooseyMcCain had to use sentences... psh!

edit: nevermind. i thought you were doing shtick.
#8 Posted by Omega (829 posts) -

Hey thats good news. We gotta celebrate... Gay sex for everybody! 

#9 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.   That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage.  "
How nonconformist of you.
#10 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Huzzah.

#11 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
"That sucks. Wtf?! I'm a conservative and for gay marriage.  "

Me am confused. 

Anyway, regardless of how you feel, respect the fucking constitution.
#12 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

Not going to marry a dude some don't care.

#13 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

uh uh uh uh uh

#14 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" @one_2nd said:
"That sucks. Wtf?! I'm a conservative and for gay marriage.  "
Me am confused.  Anyway, regardless of how you feel, respect the fucking constitution. "
It's an opinion. When the constitution was written they knew it would need changes eventually. Just blindly following a document written hundreds of years ago is stupid. 
#15 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -
@Smokay said:
" uh uh uh uh uh "
Neck and face marrying?
#16 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

For a split second there I thought you said Prop 19, the bill for the legalization of Marijuana in Cali, was overturned. Nearly gave me a fucking heart attack. This is good news, though. Still holding out for California to bring it home this November with Prop 19.

#17 Posted by Brians (1458 posts) -

It will be challenged (the decision to overturn) by anti-gay marriage lawyers, and with legal appeals. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually reaches the US Supreme court and they have to rule on it.

#18 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" @Smokay said:
" uh uh uh uh uh "
Neck and face marrying? "
Best kind of marriage. 
#19 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
" It's an opinion. When the constitution was written they knew it would need changes eventually. Just blindly following a document written hundreds of years ago is stupid.  "
It's more that your sentence makes no sense.  If you're a Conservative that's for gay marriage, then why do you think the Proposition that outlawed gay marriage and annulled all legal marriages in the eyes of the law being overturned is a bad thing?
#20 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

Pretty cool.

#21 Posted by Mariek430 (406 posts) -

yay one small step for progression for our race.

#22 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

And the media storm begins.....  
HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage.

#24 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -
@one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid.
#25 Posted by Ultima1 (2 posts) -

Im really looking forward to prop 8 and doma to be deemed unconstitutional. Everyone should be happy!

#26 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" @one_2nd said:
" It's an opinion. When the constitution was written they knew it would need changes eventually. Just blindly following a document written hundreds of years ago is stupid.  "
It's more that your sentence makes no sense.  If you're a Conservative that's for gay marriage, then why do you think the Proposition that outlawed gay marriage and annulled all legal marriages in the eyes of the law being overturned is a bad thing? "
Wow misread the topic. I thought it was already legal there and the overturned that. Ma bad, yo. 
#27 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

FOX News is going to be awesome for like a week.

#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18910 posts) -

Ryu approves.
#29 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid. "
Multiplayer-wise it definitely is. 
#30 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

You know this is gonna be one of those situations people look back on in 50 years and go, man can you believe at one point gay people couldn't get married.? That shit was crazy! 

#31 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
WTF?
#32 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5380 posts) -

About fucking time.

#33 Posted by Box3ru13 (702 posts) -

FUCK YEAH! 

#34 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid. "
Many people would argue that it is.  You know, it wasn't "cool" to hate COD a year ago. 
#35 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Good. Something like that should not be illegal.

#36 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I really don't know how to feel about this (even though I don't live in California). Even though it sounds archaic, I kind of believe in the sanctity of the word "marriage".

#37 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

While this is wonderful, the idea that people are fighting against it makes me sad, on a fundamental level. If people have nothing more to worry about than who their neighbors may or may not interact with on a personal level, then there are some issues at hand bigger than all of it.

That being said, FUCK YEAH WOO GAY MARRIAGE WOOOOOOOOOOO.

#38 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
WTF? "
Yeah lol I know it's weird, but he fully supports that gays should be able to be given the same benefits as married couples, but he believes the idea that marriage itself is a religious thing and since religion is against gay marriage, he believes that people should respect religions opinion and just take the benefits.
#39 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
I'd love to hear his reasoning for that.
#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (36031 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.   That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage.  "
So should we keep Prop 8, but introduce Prop 9 for banning regular-ass-marriage? And Prop 10 ad infinitum for all other forms of marriage?
#41 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @Manhattan_Project said:
Many people would argue that it is.  You know, it wasn't "cool" to hate COD a year ago.  "
Call of Duty is really middle of the road, you kill and stab tons of shit, and there are tons of explosions, but the game mechanics and the gameplay itself is pretty generic.

In my mind, the best game of all time is Metal Gear Solid 2.
#42 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Why is state dabbling on church affairs again? Doesn't the religion conducting the marriage have the final say in its own celebratory rites? Do the churches that marry even support this?

I'm not against gays getting married, btw. Marriage is a joke and should go the way of rotary phones, leeches, and other really obsolete things. The only reason it still exists is because of political agendas.
#43 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL: Oh man. I never thought this day would come but...you caught me. I only think its not the best 360 game ever because I think its cool. 

FUCK, now I have to find a new identity.
#44 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" I really don't know how to feel about this (even though I don't live in California). Even though it sounds archaic, I kind of believe in the sanctity of the word "marriage". "
I think the messed up part is that you are implying that the union of two loving gay people is "unholy". Keep in mind the argument you are using is the same one that was used to deny interracial marriages too. It's really not a valid complaint.
#45 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Hooray.

#46 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -
@Malakhii said:
" You know this is gonna be one of those situations people look back on in 50 years and go, man can you believe at one point gay people couldn't get married.? That shit was crazy!  "
Or maybe "Man, can you believe at one point straight people could get married?".
#47 Posted by riffingt0n (157 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" I really don't know how to feel about this (even though I don't live in California). Even though it sounds archaic, I kind of believe in the sanctity of the word "marriage". "
The problem with this is that the government got its nose in marriage in the first place.  While it's a common bond in a variety of religions, by 'legalizing' it there are things that legally only protect spouses that affects more than some ideal about the concept.  It affects things like taxation, insurance, etc.  So when you deny gay couples the ability to marry in the legal sense, you're discriminating against them in a lot of real tangible ways .

California has the concept of 'domestic partnerships' but you don't have as many rights in that arrangement as you do in marraige, and that's why in some form or fashion, they need to equalize it.
#48 Edited by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:

" @Manhattan_Project said:

" @baconbits33 said:
WTF? "
Yeah lol I know it's weird, but he fully supports that gays should be able to be given the same benefits as married couples, but he believes the idea that marriage itself is a religious thing and since religion is against gay marriage, he believes that people should respect religions opinion and just take the benefits. "
But marriage isn't fundamentally religious, it is a tradition which has been adopted by modern religions. Marriage have been around long before any of the modern religions. And marriages were popularized by the Ancient Romans, who were pro-homosexuality and there were many cases of homosexual marriages in Ancient Rome. The "Marriage is religious" argument against gay marriage is complete nonsense.
#49 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @baconbits33 said:
I'd love to hear his reasoning for that. "
literally go look at your comment, right above it I explained his reasoning.
#50 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -
@LunarAura said:
" Why is state dabbling on church affairs again? Doesn't the religion conducting the marriage have the final say in its own celebratory rites? Do the churches that marry even support this? I'm not against gays getting married, btw. Marriage is a joke and should go the way of rotary phones, leeches, and other really obsolete things. The only reason it still exists is because of political agendas. "
Yeah there is no way two people are in love with each other that much. Nope. Not possible.