This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mauveforest
#1 Posted by MauveForest (605 posts) -
Avatar image for manhattan_project
#2 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2247 posts) -

Yay!

Avatar image for mrklorox
#3 Posted by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -

Nice.

Avatar image for mysteriousbob
#4 Posted by MysteriousBob (6262 posts) -

OK.

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12412 posts) -

On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.  
 
That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage. 

Avatar image for one_2nd
#6 Edited by one_2nd (2388 posts) -

Good, it should be legal. 

Avatar image for mrklorox
#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -
@one_2nd:  lol, ten seconds too late. we almost had gradient from excited to unimpressed but MooseyMcCain had to use sentences... psh!
 
edit: nevermind. i thought you were doing shtick.
Avatar image for omega
#8 Posted by Omega (886 posts) -

Hey thats good news. We gotta celebrate... Gay sex for everybody! 

Avatar image for citizenkane
#9 Posted by citizenkane (10871 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.   That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage.  "
How nonconformist of you.
Avatar image for ollyoxenfree
#10 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5014 posts) -

Huzzah.

Avatar image for thehbk
#11 Posted by TheHBK (5664 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
"That sucks. Wtf?! I'm a conservative and for gay marriage.  "

Me am confused. 
 
Anyway, regardless of how you feel, respect the fucking constitution.
Avatar image for trophyhunter
#12 Posted by trophyhunter (6038 posts) -

Not going to marry a dude some don't care.

Avatar image for smokay
#13 Posted by Smokay (543 posts) -

uh uh uh uh uh

Avatar image for one_2nd
#14 Posted by one_2nd (2388 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" @one_2nd said:
"That sucks. Wtf?! I'm a conservative and for gay marriage.  "
Me am confused.  Anyway, regardless of how you feel, respect the fucking constitution. "
It's an opinion. When the constitution was written they knew it would need changes eventually. Just blindly following a document written hundreds of years ago is stupid. 
Avatar image for iamjohn
#15 Posted by iAmJohn (6205 posts) -
@Smokay said:
" uh uh uh uh uh "
Neck and face marrying?
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
#16 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6500 posts) -

For a split second there I thought you said Prop 19, the bill for the legalization of Marijuana in Cali, was overturned. Nearly gave me a fucking heart attack. This is good news, though. Still holding out for California to bring it home this November with Prop 19.

Avatar image for brians
#17 Posted by Brians (1516 posts) -

It will be challenged (the decision to overturn) by anti-gay marriage lawyers, and with legal appeals. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually reaches the US Supreme court and they have to rule on it.

Avatar image for mauveforest
#18 Posted by MauveForest (605 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" @Smokay said:
" uh uh uh uh uh "
Neck and face marrying? "
Best kind of marriage. 
Avatar image for iamjohn
#19 Posted by iAmJohn (6205 posts) -
@one_2nd said:
" It's an opinion. When the constitution was written they knew it would need changes eventually. Just blindly following a document written hundreds of years ago is stupid.  "
It's more that your sentence makes no sense.  If you're a Conservative that's for gay marriage, then why do you think the Proposition that outlawed gay marriage and annulled all legal marriages in the eyes of the law being overturned is a bad thing?
Avatar image for omegachosen
#20 Posted by OmegaChosen (658 posts) -

Pretty cool.

Avatar image for mariek430
#21 Posted by Mariek430 (406 posts) -

yay one small step for progression for our race.

Avatar image for baconbits33
#22 Posted by baconbits33 (1215 posts) -

And the media storm begins.....  
HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
#24 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2247 posts) -
@one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid.
Avatar image for ultima1
#25 Posted by Ultima1 (3 posts) -

Im really looking forward to prop 8 and doma to be deemed unconstitutional. Everyone should be happy!

Avatar image for one_2nd
#26 Posted by one_2nd (2388 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" @one_2nd said:
" It's an opinion. When the constitution was written they knew it would need changes eventually. Just blindly following a document written hundreds of years ago is stupid.  "
It's more that your sentence makes no sense.  If you're a Conservative that's for gay marriage, then why do you think the Proposition that outlawed gay marriage and annulled all legal marriages in the eyes of the law being overturned is a bad thing? "
Wow misread the topic. I thought it was already legal there and the overturned that. Ma bad, yo. 
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
#27 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6651 posts) -

FOX News is going to be awesome for like a week.

Avatar image for jjor64
#28 Posted by JJOR64 (19660 posts) -

 Ryu approves.
 Ryu approves.
Avatar image for one_2nd
#29 Posted by one_2nd (2388 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid. "
Multiplayer-wise it definitely is. 
Avatar image for malakhii
#30 Posted by Malakhii (1444 posts) -

You know this is gonna be one of those situations people look back on in 50 years and go, man can you believe at one point gay people couldn't get married.? That shit was crazy! 

Avatar image for manhattan_project
#31 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2247 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
WTF?
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
#32 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5725 posts) -

About fucking time.

Avatar image for box3ru13
#33 Posted by Box3ru13 (740 posts) -

FUCK YEAH! 

Avatar image for man_flannel
#34 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2472 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid. "
Many people would argue that it is.  You know, it wasn't "cool" to hate COD a year ago. 
Avatar image for cl60
#35 Posted by CL60 (17118 posts) -

Good. Something like that should not be illegal.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
#36 Posted by buzz_killington (3654 posts) -

I really don't know how to feel about this (even though I don't live in California). Even though it sounds archaic, I kind of believe in the sanctity of the word "marriage".

Avatar image for mmmslash
#37 Posted by Mmmslash (2208 posts) -

While this is wonderful, the idea that people are fighting against it makes me sad, on a fundamental level. If people have nothing more to worry about than who their neighbors may or may not interact with on a personal level, then there are some issues at hand bigger than all of it.
 
That being said, FUCK YEAH WOO GAY MARRIAGE WOOOOOOOOOOO.

Avatar image for baconbits33
#38 Posted by baconbits33 (1215 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
WTF? "
Yeah lol I know it's weird, but he fully supports that gays should be able to be given the same benefits as married couples, but he believes the idea that marriage itself is a religious thing and since religion is against gay marriage, he believes that people should respect religions opinion and just take the benefits.
Avatar image for milkman
#39 Posted by Milkman (18803 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
I'd love to hear his reasoning for that.
Avatar image for video_game_king
#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (36565 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.   That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage.  "
So should we keep Prop 8, but introduce Prop 9 for banning regular-ass-marriage? And Prop 10 ad infinitum for all other forms of marriage?
Avatar image for eliast
#41 Posted by EliasT (691 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @Manhattan_Project said:
" @one_2nd: You think the best 360 game ever is CoD 4. Your opinions are now invalid. "
Many people would argue that it is.  You know, it wasn't "cool" to hate COD a year ago.  "
Call of Duty is really middle of the road, you kill and stab tons of shit, and there are tons of explosions, but the game mechanics and the gameplay itself is pretty generic.
 
In my mind, the best game of all time is Metal Gear Solid 2.
Avatar image for lunar_aura
#42 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2824 posts) -

Why is state dabbling on church affairs again? Doesn't the religion conducting the marriage have the final say in its own celebratory rites? Do the churches that marry even support this?
 
I'm not against gays getting married, btw. Marriage is a joke and should go the way of rotary phones, leeches, and other really obsolete things. The only reason it still exists is because of political agendas.
Avatar image for manhattan_project
#43 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2247 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL: Oh man. I never thought this day would come but...you caught me. I only think its not the best 360 game ever because I think its cool. 
 
FUCK, now I have to find a new identity.
Avatar image for supermarius
#44 Posted by Supermarius (1223 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" I really don't know how to feel about this (even though I don't live in California). Even though it sounds archaic, I kind of believe in the sanctity of the word "marriage". "
I think the messed up part is that you are implying that the union of two loving gay people is "unholy". Keep in mind the argument you are using is the same one that was used to deny interracial marriages too. It's really not a valid complaint.
Avatar image for sumdeus
#45 Posted by SumDeus (1898 posts) -

Hooray.

Avatar image for cinemandrew
#46 Posted by cinemandrew (724 posts) -
@Malakhii said:
" You know this is gonna be one of those situations people look back on in 50 years and go, man can you believe at one point gay people couldn't get married.? That shit was crazy!  "
Or maybe "Man, can you believe at one point straight people could get married?".
Avatar image for riffingt0n
#47 Posted by riffingt0n (158 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
" I really don't know how to feel about this (even though I don't live in California). Even though it sounds archaic, I kind of believe in the sanctity of the word "marriage". "
The problem with this is that the government got its nose in marriage in the first place.  While it's a common bond in a variety of religions, by 'legalizing' it there are things that legally only protect spouses that affects more than some ideal about the concept.  It affects things like taxation, insurance, etc.  So when you deny gay couples the ability to marry in the legal sense, you're discriminating against them in a lot of real tangible ways .
 
California has the concept of 'domestic partnerships' but you don't have as many rights in that arrangement as you do in marraige, and that's why in some form or fashion, they need to equalize it.
Avatar image for mattyftm
#48 Edited by MattyFTM (14772 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:

" @Manhattan_Project said:

" @baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
WTF? "
Yeah lol I know it's weird, but he fully supports that gays should be able to be given the same benefits as married couples, but he believes the idea that marriage itself is a religious thing and since religion is against gay marriage, he believes that people should respect religions opinion and just take the benefits. "
But marriage isn't fundamentally religious, it is a tradition which has been adopted by modern religions. Marriage have been around long before any of the modern religions. And marriages were popularized by the Ancient Romans, who were pro-homosexuality and there were many cases of homosexual marriages in Ancient Rome. The "Marriage is religious" argument against gay marriage is complete nonsense.
Moderator
Avatar image for baconbits33
#49 Posted by baconbits33 (1215 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" And the media storm begins.....  HA! lol my gay friend is actually pissed, he doesn't support gay marriage. "
I'd love to hear his reasoning for that. "
literally go look at your comment, right above it I explained his reasoning.
Avatar image for manhattan_project
#50 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2247 posts) -
@LunarAura said:
" Why is state dabbling on church affairs again? Doesn't the religion conducting the marriage have the final say in its own celebratory rites? Do the churches that marry even support this? I'm not against gays getting married, btw. Marriage is a joke and should go the way of rotary phones, leeches, and other really obsolete things. The only reason it still exists is because of political agendas. "
Yeah there is no way two people are in love with each other that much. Nope. Not possible.