Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

I think MadWorld has stretched its limits.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Yeah on a base level but mad world is more about being creative in how you kill and no more heroes is more about killing as fast as you can, at least for what we have seen that is what i would say.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol. Doesn't seem like you can save in that toilet :P
    I do see similarities, mostly in how the camera works. But then again, that's probably because I love No More Heroes and see it everywhere. I was watching Afro Samurai gameplay videos and I thought the camera and evrything was just like No More Heroes. Though I hear that game didn't turn out so good after all.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Endogene

It looks a bit slower than no more heroes.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#5  Edited By KillerFly

MadWorld and No More Heroes are structured differently. NMH is about fighting boss after boss.  MadWorld focuses around a futuristic game show, where the objective is to get the most points by being as violent as possible.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By ZombiePie

Yes, but I rather liked No More Heroes so I guess I have to ask the question of whether or not that's a bad thing. Killing people in more detailed and violent ways with mechanics from another game that I liked entice me.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Don't know if they're similar really. I just hope it has some boss fights as epic as Shinobu. That was the game's best point imo.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Don't know if they're similar really. I just hope it has some boss fights as epic as Shinobu. That was the game's best point imo."
    Such a bitch to kill... You manage to get her heath down after a long struggle then she does a instant kill move on you... bitch.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Endogene said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "Don't know if they're similar really. I just hope it has some boss fights as epic as Shinobu. That was the game's best point imo."
    Such a bitch to kill... You manage to get her heath down after a long struggle then she does a instant kill move on you... bitch."
    Which one was Shinobu . . . the last one?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Shinobu is the afro haired super agile samurai chick @ the school.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That ho. I liked the boss fight against Bad Girl quite a bit, if only because of how many times I died on it
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

TBH, I'm not looking forward to MadWorld.  I'm feeling another case of what I like to call "Wild 9 Syndrome" with it.  Basically, it looks super cool and badass and totally worth it...and when you get it, it is.  However, it only holds that feeling for about two weeks before you start sighing loudly and saying "should've waited for it to be budget priced".  =  /

That's not to say it won't be good at what it does.  I'm just afraid of a lack in replay value.  That's all.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

ARGHHHHH BAD GIRL, NOOOOOOOOOOO STILL HAVING NIGHTMARES! LOL.
    Seriously, what a cheap bitch. How was I to know her crying trick the first time D:!

No More Heroes doesn't really have replay value anyway. Who didn't think of putting a boss attack mode unlockable since the whole game is about the damn bosses, and once you've gotten all the nice gear and swords there's just no incentive to play through the now boring repeat missions before the bosses, in a new playthrough? At least you can probably play for a high score in Mad World after the initial play throughs, since it has that combo system point stuff. As long as it's fun to string them together, it should make levels more replayable than the average linear action game of this style.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By fr0br0

They should have upped the ante and used urinals.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Al3xand3r said:
    "ARGHHHHH BAD GIRL, NOOOOOOOOOOO STILL HAVING NIGHTMARES! LOL.
    Seriously, what a cheap bitch. How was I to know her crying trick the first time D:!"
    I had prior knowledge of that cheapass move, so it didn't affect me.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

No shit. Looks like maybe 2 Wii games for me this year.

Al3xand3r said:

"ARGHHHHH BAD GIRL, NOOOOOOOOOOO STILL HAVING NIGHTMARES! LOL.
    Seriously, what a cheap bitch. How was I to know her crying trick the first time D:!"
    Rookie mistake.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

She was as annoying to fight as her character was to Travis for me. Cheap cheap cheap. I like the bosses agile and badass like Shinobu. I'm so glad she's one of the few who didn't die and should therefor be in the sequel :D

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

Blac and white really hides the short comings of the Wii's hardware. That game looks pretty good from a visual standpoint.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

I don't see it, the No More Heroes... I see The Running Man a game show, but I do see your point, but there are too many ways to kill, which should make it different. I'm in the mood for Wii... Where did that come from?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think Madworld and NMH have enough differences to set them apart. No More Heroes was a punk themed hack and slash, while Madworld is more of a Grindhouse kill fest in which you kill people as violent as possible. I won't say much more, but a lot of the above posts clear it up. Still can't wait for this one, btw.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dalai

Besides being bloody, stylized, and developed by Japanese dudes, they're different games.  No More Heroes was very repetitive in nature while MadWorld looks like there will be plenty of variety.

That and No More Heroes looks dirty on purpose while MadWorld looks pretty clean graphically.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Systech

Am I the only person here that doesn't think that MadWorld looks awesome? To me, it just looks like they threw a black & white color palate into a generic beat-em-up. I will try and be optimistic though.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

Watch some of the more recent gameplay videos systech, it's coming along very nicely. Of course, it's still 'just' a beat em up, whatever that means to one's personal tastes or perceived genre saturation (I don't think there's that many good ones around these days really).

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By jakob187
    systech said:
    "Am I the only person here that doesn't think that MadWorld looks awesome? To me, it just looks like they threw a black & white color palate into a generic beat-em-up. I will try and be optimistic though."
    I absolutely agree on that point.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    jakob187 said:
    "systech said:
    "Am I the only person here that doesn't think that MadWorld looks awesome? To me, it just looks like they threw a black & white color palate into a generic beat-em-up. I will try and be optimistic though."
    I absolutely agree on that point."
    Well, you're both dumb.
    Yeah, that's right, I said it. The contol in this game will most likely be the separating factor, and it's supposed to be fantastic, as said from journalists (WHO HAVE THE FINAL BUILD!!!!!!! WTFOMG).
    Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bullet_Jr

It's the art style that intrigues me as the art direction of a game is usually what catches my attention. Hopefully it's a solid game.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By brukaoru

Similarities, sure, what game don't have similarities or draw inspiration from another? It's what it does differently that will make it unique. Ah well, won't be too much longer until it's release and then we can see if this game is actually as good as it looks. I'm pretty sure it will be. ;)

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By ArcBorealis

Well, when you think about the style of humor, and slightly similar art styles, then yes, I suppose you can say both of those games are along the same lines.

But, No More Heroes was an action game, tied with a not-so-good overworld, where you had to go through individual stages, killing enemies and fighting a boss. Madworld is more of a Final Fight or Double Dragon in 3D, and you are encouraged to be creative with your kills inorder to rack up points.

I don't think both games are VERY similar. The only thing I see tied between them is bat-shit insanity.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb

Well I'm actually interested in MadWorld, unlike No More Heroes. I haven't drawn any striking comparisons, other than camera angle and insanity. I'll keep my hopes high and thumbs up until I hear I should do otherwise, a la when GiantBomb reviews it.

/shrug

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.