Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

It's coming to the Wii, it now sucks.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

Think about that for a second. Should people be saying this?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

No they shouldn't especially in the case of the game you are eluding to which developer has an excellent track record.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

What the hell are you talking about?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Karmum

I do not understand, are you talking about games that are multiplatform coming to the Wii, will make them suck?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal

Huh, I though this was going to be about Dead Rising. Oh well.

And sure, why not? I feel it's a fair judgment to hand out when the majority of games ported to the Wii suck. Just like I don't reserve judgment on movie based games. Their all crap in my eyes until the game can prove itself not to be.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By coakroach

In the case of Dead Rising then hell yes
    Wii versions of other games can be okay if they use the motion sensing well, although the graphics become a little shoddy

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

What game exactly are you talking about? Because if a game is coming to the Wii and sucks, people should say that - if not, they shouldn't...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

Is this just a general commentary on how people view the Wii? If so, it almost makes a bit of sense...
    If not, please clarify.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

No. People should be saying: It's coming to the Wii, the Wii version will suck.

Or: It's coming to the Wii, the devs must really like money.
    CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By CreamyGoodness

depends., usualy if its a port from ps2, i dont care because as long as i have a good 360 version. now if it is a game i enjoy, and they dont put it on the 360 and dumb it down for the wii then i feel that statement is appropriate

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Endogene said:
    "No they shouldn't especially in the case of the game you are eluding to which developer has an excellent track record."
    How about someone throws us all a freakin' bone here, because I don't know what the fuck this cryptic shit means, Endo!!!  lol
    Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Optiow

I do not think they should judge things like that, but I am not a lover of the wii and some stuff that comes out on it is just plain shit.
    But some games for the Wii can be good.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew
    jakob187 said:
    "Endogene said:
    "No they shouldn't especially in the case of the game you are eluding to which developer has an excellent track record."
    How about someone throws us all a freakin' bone here, because I don't know what the fuck this cryptic shit means, Endo!!!  lol"
    Based on his recent forum posts... He's obviously talking about WALL-E!
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Black_Rose
    Endogene said:
    Is this some kind of secret language or i missed a previous conversation?

:S
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Endogene
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

Ah thanks, but well...to be fair that game is going to suck, and not because it's on the WIi but because it's being developed by Ubisoft.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RetroIce4

No.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By TheHBK

I think its usually reserved for games that are out on the 360 and PS3 that are traditional games, not meant for the wii mote use.  But I can't wait for other games that have been out on other systems to be on the wii, kinda like what they did for RE4.  the new line of new Play Control games, like metroid Prime.  Hope they make more of those.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Snail

No. This thread could be a poll.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bullet_Jr

If publishers wouldn't force  devs to half-ass their ports and multiplats for the Wii, the console wouldn't have the reputation that it does. I would love to see games that are quality on the Wii as opposed to many slapped-together games for a quick buck.

Then on the other hand, the Wii does not have a shortage of good games, I mean, for $10 you can download pretty much any A++ Virtual Console game, which at the price, is a steal.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Meowayne

No.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Endogene
    Black_Rose said:
    "Ah thanks, but well...to be fair that game is going to suck, and not because it's on the WIi but because it's being developed by Ubisoft."
    Published by ubisoft the dev are the guys who made smash bros.
    Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bullet_Jr
    Endogene said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    "Ah thanks, but well...to be fair that game is going to suck, and not because it's on the WIi but because it's being developed by Ubisoft."
    Published by ubisoft the dev are the guys who made smash bros."
    Yeah, Ubi is a publisher of many fine games, but also of many broken one's as well. Ubisoft is the grab-bag of the gaming world.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Endogene

Yeah i am afraid that is true, can go either way with this one.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks
    jakob187 said:
    "Endogene said:
    How about someone throws us all a freakin' bone here, because I don't know what the fuck this cryptic shit means, Endo!!!  lol"

I'm equally baffled lol.

He has posted this in the Nintendo Forum so I guess he is making a commentary, although his OP sucks when he makes no attempt at describing his thoughts on this opinion, that very few may have... The notion that a game immediately sucks as a result of being on the Wii or having a Wii version is BS, lol. Anyone who thinks that way cannot have any valid arguments to pose in serious videogame discussion. It displays a lack of basic intelligence.

Think about that for a second

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Willy105

I am sorry for being vague. I thought more people were in the know.

You see, nowadays, especially the past couple of months, more and more hardcore games are being announced for Wii, and some of them come from other systems.

• Monster Hunter 3
    • Dragon Quest X
    • Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

and more.

More recently is the latter, which was announced as exclusive to the 360 and PS3. Now both of those versions are cancelled, and the game is now going to the Wii instead. Now they say the game is ruined and it will suck.

It's still the same game. 20% less polygons, a streamlined physics engine and 480p, but the same game.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Arkthemaniac

You really can't beat a troll, son. Don't let them get to you.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422

If you're using that TMNT game as an example, it doesn't matter what it ends up being on, it will be shit. So that's a pretty bad example. Also, plenty of games definitely could do way more, or honestly could of turned out completely different if they weren't exclusive to the Wii. The few interesting ones at least. I think its less of "its on the Wii, it must be shit " though, and more, all these games that have this happen to them, just don't look good in the first place, if they were put out on everything it wouldn't change that.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    pause422 said:
    "If you're using that TMNT game as an example, it doesn't matter what it ends up being on, it will be shit. So that's a pretty bad example. Also, plenty of games definitely could do way more, or honestly could of turned out completely different if they weren't exclusive to the Wii. The few interesting ones at least. I think its less of "its on the Wii, it must be shit " though, and more, all these games that have this happen to them, just don't look good in the first place, if they were put out on everything it wouldn't change that."
    Dude, the guys making the TMNT game are among the most acclaimed in the fighting game world. Dead or Alive and Smash Bros? WITH THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES LICENSE!?!
    I don't get where people are coming from with this anti-TMNTWii sentiment.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince

If it's an exclusive Wii game, and it's first party then no. If it's multi-platform, or third party, then yes.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

It looks just like SSB with TMNT characters. To some people, maybe that's amusing, but to me its completely stupid.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Okay.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gameboi
    LiquidPrince said:
    "If it's an exclusive Wii game, and it's first party then no. If it's multi-platform, or third party, then yes."
    I couldn't have said it better. This is the proverbial chink in Nintendo's armor.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Al3xand3r

Eh, "or third party"? Puh-lease, tons of amazing third party games are coming to the Wii this year, and a fair share are already out. This is like, launch-day talk or something, do people really know nothing of the Wii, yet proceed to talk about it anyway?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its called a concept people hes talking bout the current trend of people saying that a game sux when it comes to the wii based on principle and i agree with it the wii is shit.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Al3xand3r

Oh, I got the answer to my last question. A definite yes.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pause422
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Eh, "or third party"? Puh-lease, tons of amazing third party games are coming to the Wii this year, and a fair share are already out. This is like, launch-day talk or something, do people really know nothing of the Wii, yet proceed to talk about it anyway?"
    I'm pretty sure none of the third party wii games have been released yet, or played by you(don't lie to me either just to sound cool) so until they are out and the majority of reviews and peoples opinions are that of a good game, you have nothing to prove any part of the statement you just made

I think Madworld looks pretty good, but who knows exactly how it will turn out in the final product? Games can plenty of the time have a great concept, or fun gameplay for a while, and something withing the full game just ends up fucked. Same with The Conduit, to pretty much anyone who actually likes FPS and knows what looks like a quality one, this game definitely isn't it. it looks like a mediocre half life mod imo, but you have fanboys latching onto that, because its all they have and they would say anything. As well with all the talk of the devs never saying anything except talking about how good it looks...when it doesn't looks good at all, which that is the Wii's fault. Mario Galaxy to this date still looks the best on that system, and that's just because of how they did the art for the game.
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Discorsi
    Willy105 said:
    "I am sorry for being vague. I thought more people were in the know.

You see, nowadays, especially the past couple of months, more and more hardcore games are being announced for Wii, and some of them come from other systems.

• Monster Hunter 3
    That's because I want a motherfuckin next gen looking Monster Hunter game.  That would be fucking amazing. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Al3xand3r

What are you on about pause? I haven't played Wii third party games? Read again, I didn't say the 2009 third party games have been released, I said good third party games have been on the Wii. You know, things like De Blob, No More Heroes, etc. The usual suspects. Of course, as I wrote before, way more are coming in 2009.

As for your examples of 2009 titles, you'll probably be surprised to know many Wii gamers are looking forward to those the least, and those who do look forward to them have reasons to do so other than the visuals, given for example the people involved with Mad World and their past games. If anything, it's those who shunned the Wii (media and gamers alike) that pay the most attention to these games, for whatever reasons.

But anyway, there are many more titles than those two to check out for 2009, just look past threads in the Wii forums. And once again, the gamers looking forward to those base it on the developers' track record and if they seem to be big budget games and if they've had long development cycles, etc, not just pretty pictures, though those always help to show a game's production values. People with a Wii tend to research a little more than people without. Of course, duds are possible until a game hits store shelves, but that doesn't stop anyone from getting excited about promising games on other platforms. Why? Because they also base it on more than visuals, veteran gamers have the experience to more or less judge games prior to release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.