Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Would you buy a WiiHD or WiiPlus?

• 54 results
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Claude
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Claude

Would that make everyone happy? Full on HD, there it is, plus all the shovelware you could stick up your butt, just because of the name. WiiPlus, that's fucking scary, be scared motherfuckers. It will sell... a lot. Fucking Wii, good luck fanbags. Love you all, mean it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Most likely not. The Wii isn't about graphics, so I don't know whether it would really benefit. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

Why yes, yes I would. 

Must be backwards compatible and have a proper hard drive though.

bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By bozosc

I need a real controller in my hand, I will not buy another console to waggle on ever again

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1

for sure. well that's probably cause i don't even own a Wii right now. also :  

@oldschool
    said:

Must be backwards compatible and have a proper hard drive though. "
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Claude
    @AjayRaz said:
    " for sure. well that's probably cause i don't even own a Wii right now. also :  

@oldschool
    said:
    "
    My only stipulation would be that my VC games would move over to my new console. That's a big one. The other stuff would be cool too.
    Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Gmanall

I know I am a jerk when I say that Wii is not for "hardcore" gamers and it being in HD would not fix their problems therefore I would not buy it .

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By joey

they should make it an addon to the regular wii like with the sega cd or something

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By sjschmidt93

The games won't really change, so doubtful.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Claude
    @joey said:

" they should make it an addon to the regular wii like with the sega cd or something "

That Sega Cd did well... huh?

@Gmanall said:

" I know I am a jerk when I say that Wii is not for "hardcore" gamers and it being in HD would not fix their problems therefore I would not buy it . "

You're not a jerk. You have an opinion. To fix "their" problems would mean a lot to Nintendo. I don't think Nintendo will fix these problems with their next console, but with multiplatform releases it will alleviate some of the pain.
    joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#12  Edited By joey
    @Claude said:
    " @joey said:

" they should make it an addon to the regular wii like with the sega cd or something "

Well maybe Nintendo could make it good.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Dalai

As a Nintendo fan, yeah probably.  However, it really needs to add some features that are pretty standard now (hard drive, robust online, HD capabilities.)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Willy105

Well, the Wii sold me on the next one, so yes.

@bozosc said:

" I need a real controller in my hand, I will not buy another console to waggle on ever again "

Is this for real?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude
    @joey said:

" @Claude said:

" @joey said:

Well maybe Nintendo could make it good. "
    Off topic. Just for your Avatar. Screw 'em all.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, an updated HD version of the Wii is never going to happen. People need to stop dreaming. The only reason people want one is because they're not satisfied with the Wii's abilities. I'm not either, but dude, even if the Wii started to have HD graphics, it's not really going to make the games look better. It's like early this gen when you had games on the 360 like Tony Hawk's American Wasteland in HD. The clearer picture just served to further expose how dated the graphics were. Forget about it, man. They're not going to overhaul the whole console to allow HD abilities.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldschool
    @Claude said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " for sure. well that's probably cause i don't even own a Wii right now. also :  

@oldschool
    said:
    "
    My only stipulation would be that my VC games would move over to my new console. That's a big one. The other stuff would be cool too. "
    That too. 

@TheGreatGuero said:
    " Dude, an updated HD version of the Wii is never going to happen. People need to stop dreaming. The only reason people want one is because they're not satisfied with the Wii's abilities. I'm not either, but dude, even if the Wii started to have HD graphics, it's not really going to make the games look better. It's like early this gen when you had games on the 360 like Tony Hawk's American Wasteland in HD. The clearer picture just served to further expose how dated the graphics were. Forget about it, man. They're not going to overhaul the whole console to allow HD abilities. "
    It isn't that people "want one", the majority are very satisfied with the Wii as is, I am, but more a projection of what lies ahead.  When that happens, we will see.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Claude
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " Dude, an updated HD version of the Wii is never going to happen. People need to stop dreaming. The only reason people want one is because they're not satisfied with the Wii's abilities. I'm not either, but dude, even if the Wii started to have HD graphics, it's not really going to make the games look better. It's like early this gen when you had games on the 360 like Tony Hawk's American Wasteland in HD. The clearer picture just served to further expose how dated the graphics were. Forget about it, man. They're not going to overhaul the whole console to allow HD abilities. "
    I'm talking the next console... not a revision of what is.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#19  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I think a Hard Drive would definitely open up several possibilities, but that won't happen. HD would also be nice, but it isn't necessary and will also never happen. At this point, I'm really not sure what will happen next for the Wii.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Claude said:
    " @TheGreatGuero said:
    I'm talking the next console... not a revision of what is. "
    Ah, gotcha. Well, personally, as much as I hate to say it, I think I'll pass. I'm a big Nintendo fan, but haven't got much enjoyment at all out of owning a Wii.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldschool
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @TheGreatGuero said:
    Ah, gotcha. Well, personally, as much as I hate to say it, I think I'll pass. I'm a big Nintendo fan, but haven't got much enjoyment at all out of owning a Wii. "
    You have to keep an open mind though.  No-one should preclude any next-gen console before we even have details.  If you are like me though, I will wait for a couple of years with most consoles (except Nintendo) for the library to fatten up a little and the price to drop.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @oldschool: Yeah, you're right. I should try to stay open-minded here. I mean, who knows, it could be really awesome. However, I certainly won't be buying it day one like I did with the Wii. If I do ever happen to buy it, I'm sure it won't be until I've gotten a whole lot of hands-on time beforehand.
    kojip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kojip

I hate my Wii.  It's so bad that my girlfriend thinks the graphics look crappy even for Mario (and her favorite game is FIFA 2003).
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldschool
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @oldschool: Yeah, you're right. I should try to stay open-minded here. I mean, who knows, it could be really awesome. However, I certainly won't be buying it day one like I did with the Wii. If I do ever happen to buy it, I'm sure it won't be until I've gotten a whole lot of hands-on time beforehand. "
    Which is a very good reason to wait.  I am glad I waited for the RROD thing to change a little before I bought a 360.  I am also glad I didn't pay $1000 for a PS3.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AURON570

You need to up your troll skills.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude
    @AURON570 said:
    " You need to up your troll skills. "
    You suck and the Wii owns. That's a period at the end of the sentence. Word.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I could care less about HD, I don't like motion controls because of personal preference. It was fun for a little bit, but it goes against my sit-and-do-nothing-while-playing-video-games mentality. I don't hate Wii owners for enjoying it, either. To each their own.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Claude
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " I could care less about HD, I don't like motion controls because of personal preference. It was fun for a little bit, but it goes against my sit-and-do-nothing-while-playing-video-games mentality. I don't hate Wii owners for enjoying it, either. To each their own. "
    It's coming...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Good luck.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Diamond

I voted 'this thread is stupid' because the decision to buy a console depends on what the console actually is, what games it has, and so on.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Claude
    @Diamond said:
    " I voted 'this thread is stupid' because the decision to buy a console depends on what the console actually is, what games it has, and so on. "
    See, now that's a good poll. Something for everybody.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGremp

E.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Claude
    @TheGremp said:

" E. "

Now... why do I feel the love in that E... You love to hate me? It was a trick question.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Dalai

Okay, how about this?  What if they called it the Super Wii?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#34  Edited By AgentJ
    @Claude said:
    " @TheGreatGuero said:
    Oh, thats a little different. That'd be a good start, but there are other things I'd hope they would add as well.
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Damian

If the games for it are my thing, I'm there. So like any rational and hate-free person, I voted C. But going with the Wii naming convention does not instill hope in me.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Claude
    @Dalai said:
    " Okay, how about this?  What if they called it the Super Wii? "
    I would shit my pants. I would then clean myself up, sober up and shit myself again.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By oldschool
    @Dalai said:
    " Okay, how about this?  What if they called it the Super Wii? "
    Well, that would be super.
    Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

completely pointless. i have a wii but have yet to find a single game worth playing for more thn twenty minutes and i dont think a hd option would have changed that.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Claude
    @NevereatNirnroot said:
    " completely pointless. i have a wii but have yet to find a single game worth playing for more thn twenty minutes and i dont think a hd option would have changed that. "
    Good thing you have other consoles to play or PC. Twenty minutes, well, that's something to be proud of. Have fun playing video games.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By Black_Rose

Maybe if there's a major improvement, I like the Wii but if they're only going to add HD graphics and nothing else then no.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Claude
    @Black_Rose said:
    " Maybe if there's a major improvement, I like the Wii but if they're only going to add HD graphics and nothing else then no. "
    You would buy it. You're not kidding me. A new Wii, improved Wii, graphics... gameplay... come on.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By Meowayne

I like how current Wii games cannot depend on pretty graphics. So meh.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Claude
    @Meowayne said:
    " I like how current Wii games cannot depend on pretty graphics. So meh. "
    Meh... wasn't an answer. You hate me don't you.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oldschool
    @Claude said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    " I like how current Wii games cannot depend on pretty graphics. So meh. "
    Meh... wasn't an answer. You hate me don't you. "
    Nobody hates you Claude, nobody  ^-^
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would certainly get one, as I know what games I could expect from Nintendo, and what games I could expect from third parties also.

• Improved conventional controller design
    • A much improved online service
    • HD output in 1080  
    • Internal & external high capacity HDD 
    • Improved media capability using a new format
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By super_machine

No, because the ultimate problem I have with nintendo has more to do with software. Their games for everyone philosophy means most of their games are way too sugar coated. I hate having to push through menus that tell me how to do something after I've done the same thing a dozen times.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By Willy105
    @super_machine said:
    " No, because the ultimate problem I have with nintendo has more to do with software. Their games for everyone philosophy means most of their games are way too sugar coated. I hate having to push through menus that tell me how to do something after I've done the same thing a dozen times. "
    You only have to do them once....
    halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By halberdierv2

Yes, considering I dont have a Wii.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By demontium
    @Claude:    I hate you:
    15.9%  

Don't give them the option next time!
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Godwind

Only if it was made by Sony or Microsoft.   LOOOOOOLLLLLLZZZZ.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.