Second half of the year games you're most excited about?

• 49 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM
  • The Evil Within 2

A surprise to me, I had replayed The Evil Within coupled with its DLC (which I didn't play when those came out) and I found a lot of enjoyment out of it. Originally, the game was merely okay to me; not much to think about other than what I didn't love about the game. Now, it's a game that permeates my mind, and will to the release of The Evil Within 2. I also read the comics which I found interesting enough despite not thinking it's integral. I would say otherwise about the games DLC. If you're interested or have questions about the story of The Evil Within (as it can be quite vague), the DLC does good by going into detail, and it's a nice change of pace from the main game. The second game is going in a more personal direction and I like that, with the father/daughter story (also, perhaps wife included as she's an important character in all of it).

• Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Although I liked the first game and Old Blood fine, I didn't think they were as great as many purport it to be. I actually got bored of The New Order and struggled to find the motivation to get through it twice (as I wanted to play through it on Uber), so did over a long period of time. In the process of going through a handful of games in series' that came before the new games that are to come out, I had replayed Old Blood on Uber and now am a quarter of the way through The New Order on Uber again. I am enjoying it more than I had before, realizing the design of it is much more impressive than I originally felt. I also feel the way they do some of the darker, sadder things in the game are more effective. I must not have cared or something. It's really putting Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus as my second most anticipated game that's coming out.

• Assassin's Creed: Origins

Yes, I know it's more Assassin's Creed. Like the previous two games, I replayed some of the older titles, the ones I disliked, which is Assassin's Creed 3 and Unity, again to my surprise, I enjoyed those a lot more. When I played about ten hours of Unity again, I realized I hadn't done a multitude of side content. That game is in actuality not any worse than Syndicate in my opinion as they both have the same strengths and weaknesses to me. Their design and content are actually very similar too, which took me by surprise. It culminates in me liking Assassin's Creed almost through and through despite thinking some aspects have grown stale. Origins from what we've seen seems to lack innovation and it looks to have some rough edges, but I hope it's another AC I can enjoy. I am cautiously optimistic but excited nonetheless.

• Super Mario Odyssey

I won't go into too much explanation here. It's another 3D Mario game, I'm interested. That's all, ha ha.

---

Other noteworthy games but not games I'm excited enough about to go into detail (and honestly, not sure if I'll get except for a couple):

• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (I'm kind of interested in it? Not entirely though.)
  • Destiny 2 (I'm not sure if I'll get.)
  • Cuphead (The art looks good so that grabs my attention at least.)
  • Call of Duty: WWII (I'm getting this, I just hope it's good [obviously]).
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (I enjoy the SW games much more than the films, and I'm really happy this game will have a story campaign.)
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

I won't get any of these right away but I'm looking forward to:

The Evil Within 2 - Got really into the 1st one and the tiny bit of TEW2 I saw looks great.

Gran Turismo Sport - GT over Forza for me always not that I have an XB1 but I get into 1 sim racer per gen and I'll probably get into GTS.

Wolfenstein II: TNC - Really enjoyed the 1st but I'm a bit cautious about this one. Ppl are gettin' a bit too excited I think.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Wolfenstein II: TNC
  • Shadow of War - Pending they don't fuck it up with online stuff.
  • Call of Duty - Pending they don't require a lot of co-op garbage zombies mode playing to get all the trophies.
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Need for Speed: Payback
Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Seikenfreak

Lets see.. *looks at release calendar*

• Gran Turismo Sport
  • SNES Mini

..and that's about it for guaranteed purchases at this point.

Other stuff that I have a passing interesting in.. Maybe I'll get them, maybe I won't.. I don't know. Bleh. Whatever. Depends how bored I am the moment something releases or if I watch some gameplay and get the itch to waste some money.

• Destiny 2 - Played Beta of D1, thought it felt decent. Didn't buy the game. Glad I didn't after actually seeing released game.
  • Cuphead - I remember this looking cool but other than that, I don't know anything about it.
  • Forza Motorsport 7 - I'd bet it's going to be more of exactly the same menus, gameplay, visuals, everything as the previous one... and the one before that. If GT Sport wasn't right around the corner, I'd probably pick this up and then get bored of it after a few days.
  • Project Cars 2 - Maybe. It looks pretty, but it always does in still images. The important feature here is whether or not it supports VR on release. Playing Project Cars with the Rift is incredible. Feel like I've heard it doesn't have VR support. Also depends on car selection as the first game's pretty weak.
  • Call of Duty WW2 - Not a CoD fan. It would only be for the campaign. I like WW2 stuff. But I also bought Infinite War(fare?) and played that for an actual 10 mins and never turned it back on because.. whatever. Probably wait to hear how the campaign is.

That's about all I can find so far. I can't justify buying a Switch just for Super Mario Odyssey. I really just.. loath and don't care for the Switch. If I were to buy a Switch for a single game, it would be a giant open world Pokemon RPG. 3D version of the handheld games. Not some weird trimmed down, basic, "Hey, it's our first time making one for console so it only has a little world and 100 Pokemon" etc. Otherwise, I'll just wait til the Switch has a whole bunch of good exclusives before I consider buying one.

Edit: Oh yea, completely forgot the Xbox One X. Unsure on this one. I barely use my Xbox One S as is. I only use it for exclusives and since Microsoft pretty much has none at this point.. yea. I sold my original Xbox One to get the S, and actually broke even or made money back (mwuahaha) but I don't think I can pull that off with the S to X. Not sure I want to spend.. say $300-400 for the X unless I hear it's balls to the walls amazing and must have.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and it kind of sucks that three of the games I'm interested in all come out the same day... Super Mario Odyssey, Assassin's Creed Origins, and Wolfenstein. I wouldn't have known that if I didn't just make a Google calendar full of game release dates since I don't know when all these games come out, so I have to set reminders for myself.

Avatar image for enjoyincubus365
Enjoyincubus365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order.

Destiny 2

Star Wars Battlefront 2

CoD WWII, and not because I am a CoD fan, but because the last one I had fun with was World at War, that and I feel obliged to buy everything WWII...

Rabbids Mario

Xbox One X because that is my exclusives machine, and virtually every game I own is getting updated for my 4k HDR panel, so yeah.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's down to the wire but i'm pretty damn psyched about Hellblade. The look/atmosphere and sound design seem impeccable. Hope the game and writing mostly hold up. But it looks like one hell (hurhur) of an experience.

Rabbids vs etc. and the mario hat game look incredible too. I also loathe the Switch.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein and i am interested to see destiny on the pc. God of war as well if it comes out this year.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm super curious how Elex and Vampyr will turn out. Pretty neat that we have two non-AAA action-RPGs coming out after what feels like a long drought. I've seen enough of Elex to want to at least try it, and Vampyr's still a big question mark, but it looks interesting at the very least.

Apart from that, I'm definintely liking what I've seen from Wolfenstein, Assassin's Creed, Forza, and Shadow of War, but I feel like those are pretty known quantities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 although I'm not really excited more interested this is by far the worst generation of gaming I ever experience.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

• Danganronpa V3: I have no idea what this game is about and I don't want to know. Danganronpa 1 and 2 are great, and if this game is on par with the other entries, V3 should be amazing.
  • Wolfenstein II: This is mainly a curiosity for me, as I haven't played Wolfenstein: The New Order or any other Wolfenstein game. That said, that E3 trailer left its mark.
  • Sonic Mania: While this is primarily another curiosity, it also seems like they are finally making the Sonic game I've wanted for 10+ years.
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War: I really liked the first game and the way they are expanding the scale of this game is really intriguing. I sure hope they can pull it off.

Unless I'm forgetting about something, I'm mainly looking forward to more time to play other games I haven't touched this year. I still haven't played Horizon, Battlegrounds, Nioh, Yakuza 0, and Breath of the Wild. On top of that, there are some big heavy hitters I missed from 2016. Based on my interests, I probably should play Civ VI and Odin Sphere Leifhraisir before most of the things I listed so far.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By csl316

Sonic Mania, holy hell I'm excited for that one.

Besides that, Mario, Wolfenstein, and Mordor 2 are my top priorities. There may be other things here and there, but those are the 3 big games I'll absolutely get on day one.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lost_forester: Huh, I didn't know they were making another Call of Cthulu. When you typed that, I thought you were talking about the 2005 game. That might be something worth checking out! For me personally, horror games have been really good this year to me. Not including going back to The Evil Within, but I really liked RE7 and Outlast 2. I'd love to add another.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

• Sonic Mania (maybe?)
  • Cuphead
  • Scorn
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
  • Routine (this is never actually coming out...)
Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dispossession

The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2, and Destiny 2. Destiny 2 isn't really excitement, more so hope that this isn't another beta. Otherwise, I'm interested in the majority of the games coming out and will be playing the majority of them on the X since I'm weird about where I play my games.

Please_Love_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etrian Odyssey 5

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guaranteed purchase/pre-ordered:

• Sonic Mania
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Sonic Forces

Looks interesting/maybe get it later:

• Mario + Rabbids
  • Hollow Knight Switch

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuphead - Oh the animation. It almost doesn't matter how it plays. I mean, obviously it matters, but it ALMOST doesn't.

Mario & Rabids tactical game - What a weird thing. The buzz is good and it seems like a great portable game so I'm excited.

Mario Odyssey - This is by far my most anticipated game. I am going to play many hours of this game. I hope it's as huge as it looks.

Uncharted: Lost Legacy - I bought the super deluxe Uncharted 4 so this has been pre-ordered for a long time. I am pretty jazzed about a nice 8-10 hour Uncharted experience. It's not my favorite series of all time but I've liked every game and this is almost certainly going to be polished and entertaining.

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC - I was ready to be done with this game before it ended, but by November I will be ready to go back in and play through another adventure. Hopefully it's a significant expansion. At least 5-10 hours.

Honestly I'm surprised at how little interest I have in the back half of this year. Other stuff could be interesting, like Vampyr or Battlefront II, so I'm not saying that these are the only games I'll buy or play, but there's nothing late in the year other than Mario Odyssey that has me very excited. Compared to last year, where Forza Horizon 3, Titanfall 2, Last Guardian (which I haven't played yet) and a bunch of other stuff had me hyped, this feels thin. Last year also had Playstation VR, which I was excited for (and which hasn't bowled me over yet, but still has promise.)

To be fair the first half of this year has been magical and there's a ton of stuff on my backlog so I'll be good either way.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of looking forward to the new Toejam & Earl coming out at some point this year, but that's about it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Routine (this is never actually coming out...)

Huh, I just read about this again over the last weekend. I think it's safe to post that to a thread of games you're most excited about in 2018...or 2019...

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is the biggest one for me, like I've probably said in every thread discussing games coming out in 2017.

Other than that, there's numerous games that I'll likely play and will hopefully enjoy a lot. All of those games have been mentioned by now already, except for Ruiner. That thing should have it's release date announced any day now and that date should also be within this year.

The one I'm most excited for at this exact moment? Hellblade, 'course. I just need to finish my workday before I can play it...

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This years fall season looks like it's gonna be quite a dud for me so far. If anything I'm probably most intrigued by AC Origins, but mostly because it would be my yearly dosage of AC (and it's been off for a year) and the fact that they're talking about taking inspiration from Witcher 3 is hopefully a good thing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Honestly, not a ton of "guaranteed purchases" for me this fall/winter. I feel like most of the games from this year that caught my interest have already come out.

• Etrian Odyssey V. It's been more than 4 years since EO 4 came out in the US, and I'm incredibly excited to play another main-series entry after bouncing off the remakes of 1 and 2. The soundtrack straight up has both FM Synth and Arranged versions for every song and they both sound SO GOOD.
  • Super Mario Odyssey: Probably the game that will tip me over into actively searching for a Nintendo Switch instead of my current vague vow of getting one "if I see it"
  • Divinity Original Sin II: Backed it on kickstarter after enjoying the original a whole lot. What I've seen looks incredibly promising.
  • XCOM 2: War of the Chosen: I wouldn't mind an excuse to play another game of XCOM 2.

And a couple of "Maybes" that seem like prime "buy on sale" kinda picks.

• Destiny 2: Seems like more Destiny. I'm okay with that. As long as this new one has the volume of content to back it up, I'll pick it up around launch. Otherwise, I'll wait for a sale or the inevitable first expansion.
  • The Evil Within 2: Liked the first game a lot, despite parts of it being absolutely and inexcusably frustrating. If they can fix that part I think they'll do quite well for themselves.
  • Mario + Rabbids: Potentially very cool, but I could also see it being super easy or simplistic in a way that doesn't cater to me as a tactics nut.
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War: I'm kinda sick of open world stuff right now, so I'm afraid this probably won't do it for me the same way Shadow of Mordor did 3 years ago.
  • Wolfenstein II: I should probably finish The New Order.
Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ezekiel

Only The Evil Within 2. I already ordered a key from a third party site, even though I never pre-order or buy games at launch anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Mario and Rabbids is up there. I've been wanting to play some more X-com, and being able to play a lighter take on it while watching tv sounds awesome.

Mario Odyssey not only because it's a new Mario but it's a new Mario that looks bonkers.

Spider-man is the one I'm most cautiously optimistic about. I like Spider-man, have wanted a good Spider-man game since Spider-man 2 on the GC, and am ready for a lighter character to fill the Batman void.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cuphead: I'm a sucker for side-scrolling action/shooters and it looks amazing.

Assassin's Creed Origins: I'm actually somewhat looking forward to this. The only AC game I have played is a couple of hours of the first one on PC, so I do not have the "fatigue" or bad experiences some people have had with the franchise. The setting looks nice and the gameplay looks like it might be fun with the inclusion of different loot and leveling up. I'm still on the fence about the story and overall writing from what I've seen.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Super Mario Odyssey

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By paulmako

The Evil Within 2.

I played the original for the first time about a month ago. I saw all the rough edges that everyone complained about at the time, but I still enjoyed it a lot. There's something about that game that's just different and I'm really interested to see what the sequel is like.

Also looking forward to Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Building on my love of PREY, Bethesda's external studios have a really strong line up this year and I hope these upcoming games are just as good.

I'm also looking forward to more X-COM and I'm curious to see how Shadow of War turns out.

I would be excited about Mario but I've not been convinced to buy a Switch yet and it will take more than a new Mario to do that. Red Dead Redemption 2 would be number one if it was still coming this year.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza Kiwami is all I can think of. I'm still getting through the big stuff from the first half of the year, and that'll probably fill my free time until next year either way.

No Switch, not big into FPS games, and everything else screams "wait for a sale".

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By dagas

I can't think of any upcoming games other than Yakuza Kiwani and Yakuza 6 whenever that comes.

The last games I really looked forward to was Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda.

I've instead started collecting retro 8 and 16-bit games. Playing on original hardware not emulated. Using RGB SCART that is common in Europe and it looks fantastic on a 2009 plasma. People say old games look bad on HDTVs but I don't know if it is because it is a fairly old HDTV and just 720p and I am Using RGB SCART and turned off most of the image processing but it looks really sharp. I can clearly see each pixel and it seems to upscale really well. I'm not using any fancy upscaler. Just plugging the console to the TV.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

War of the Chosen - XCOM 2 DLC. There is only one person in this thread mentioning it, which I'm pretty sure is a crime against humanity, so all of you other people should be in jail.

Destiny 2 will probably swallow more of my time even though I'm pretty sure at this point that XCOM 2 is my favorite game of all time.

Also, very much looking forward to Knights of the Frozen Throne, the new Hearthstone expansion that launches this Thursday (or Friday for people like me). It is looking very good.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a sure buy from me, as is Super Mario Odyssey.

I will most likely pick up Yakuza Kiwami and Destiny 2 at some point. I was excited about AC Origins for a while but I think I'm gonna wait and see how it turns out before I decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

That's kinda it so far for my radar as I still have a bunch of games from the first half of the year (Persona 5, Horizon and NieR) and some from last year (Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4...) that I want to start/continue.

Oh... and maybe Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash...

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GundamGuru
@dagas said:

I've instead started collecting retro 8 and 16-bit games. Playing on original hardware not emulated. Using RGB SCART that is common in Europe and it looks fantastic on a 2009 plasma. People say old games look bad on HDTVs but I don't know if it is because it is a fairly old HDTV and just 720p and I am Using RGB SCART and turned off most of the image processing but it looks really sharp. I can clearly see each pixel and it seems to upscale really well. I'm not using any fancy upscaler. Just plugging the console to the TV.

It's both because it is a low-resolution plasma, where the pixels are very large, and because you're feeding it a high-quality analog signal. It's probably barely upscaling at all, many of those old plasmas were 1024x768 native with non-square pixels.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not that excited for the games coming later this year, I got almost everything I wanted in the first half of the year. Odyssey is one, but I'd need a Switch first. I guess Agents of Mayhem? I loved Saints Row 3 and was hoping this game would recapture the magic, but it's got zero hype and I'm under the impression that half the SR3 staff has left to work on other projects for other studios, like the director doing that London Assassin's Creed.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Destiny 2
  • Vampyr
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • That Dishonored 2 DLC: Death of the Outsider

I would have Agents of Mayhem also listed, but I'm real concerned at how little its being promoted. I'm also cautiously looking forward to AC: Origins.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By militantfreudian

I activated my Amazon Prime trial three weeks ago and I have a discount coupon, so I'm contemplating pre-ordering one or two games. The ones I'm thinking about are Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Wolfenstein. These seem like the safest bets right now; although I'm also interested in Pillars of Eternity (the consoles release) and maybe, possibly Destiny? I enjoyed the beta, but I still don't know. And that Darkest Dungeon expansion is coming out in a few weeks on PS4, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#39  Edited By Kidavenger
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny 2 & SNES Mini are the two must-haves at the moment, but Battlefront 2 is a close 2nd.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m excited for the expansion to XCOM 2 and for Wolfenstein - The New Colossus.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My big ones are:

• Yakuza Kiwami (The Yakuza games might be my favorite series)
  • Uncharted: Lost Legacy
  • Wolfenstein: TNC
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War
  • Danganronpa V3

Games I am interested, but not instant buys:

• Hellblade
  • AC: Origins (I loved Syndicate, but nothing they have shown seems that great, so I am cautious, but optimistic.)
  • Agents of Mayhem
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty excited for Destiny 2, Mario + Rabbids and Mario Odyssey

Honorable mention goes to Yakuza Kiwami. While I probably won't play it I am excited that it is coming out and I cant wait for GBeast and Pat from the Best Friends to play it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Besides Total Warhammer II and XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, no big games are grabbing me yet to buy at full price. Both of those seem like great additions to core games I already loved so I am quite excited.

I have enjoyed a lot of TW already and I think the new races will be ones I like to play more than most of the original factions and I think the new campaign sounds interesting. War of the Chosen looks to add even more great character customization stuff and a more complex strategy layer which should really improve the game.

Nidhogg II is a game I am going to buy to play locally with my family because I think that should be a hit. I at first though the art looked awful but in motion it's cool and I like all the new additions to the game.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

@dagas said:

It's very subjective (pretty much any upscaler, even the FrameMeister class ones, won't reproduce the blur inherent to a CRT, so semi-transparency tricks will instead show up as a grid of pixels). All I know is that my Saturn and Dreamcast (hooked up with RBG SCART and VGA [through a cheap VGA->HDMI converter] respectively) still look damn good on even my cheap ~50" 1080p set, so I'm not complaining (expect when the TV bugs out and insists on stretching everything to some approximation of 16:9, but that's a whole other issue).

While we're on the topic, if you ever get into the Saturn stuff there's an Action Replay cart on Amazon that'll let you boot Japanese discs without any hardware mods. Comes in pretty handy.

• Etrian Odyssey V. [...] The soundtrack straight up has both FM Synth and Arranged versions for every song and they both sound SO GOOD.

I'm suddenly way more interested in EOV. I should probably check that out.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Wolfenstein II had a cool trailer but I fell off of New Order pretty frickin' hard so I'm not anticipating it so much as hoping it learns the right lessons from DOOM that DOOM learned from New Order because DOOM was perfect and the first FPS campaign I've unequivocally loved (if not finished, to be honest) since the first Modern Warfare (excepting Destiny's "campaign").

Uncharted: Lost Legacy because I love that series and hopefully playing it will inspire me to finally launch that copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider I bought on sale several moons ago.

Both Mario games look like a lot of fun but I'm still not sure when I'll be able to justify owning a Switch.

Destiny 2 because I really, desperately need something to break MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty's vice grip on my free time and what better breaker of chains than a similarly grindy, mechanically perfect experience?

Looking through this thread, I'd be curious in a full price bundle of XCOM 2 and the expansion; Dan's review turned me off of the game hard especially since I never got especially far in the first XCOM, but watching the GB crew play makes me want to give it another chance if the kinks have been ironed out.

I'm one of those people who still definitively considers Shadow of Mordor 2014's GotY as well so I'd really, really, really love to love the new one but I'm gonna have to see how it plays out before I can say I'm especially stoked for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went on a big search on Steam for upcoming games that I thought looked potentially cool/interesting and are set for release in the following months. In no particular order:

Elex - New Action RPG from the creators of the Gothic games. Looks cool.
Hob - Some sort of Action/Adventure Puzzle game from the Torchlight devs. Not sure about this one but it looks it might be worth checking out.
Grave Chase - Action game where you go around grave robbing and beating up monsters with shovels. Looks very arcade-y. By the dude who made Abobo's Big Adenture.
Nightmare Boy - Metroidvania style game with a neat look.
Tooth and Tail - Some sort of RTS where you play as anthropomorphic animals.
A Robot Named Fight - Despite the incredibly dumb title, this looks like it might be a decent Metroidvania, if slightly generic maybe.
Bannerman - Sides-scrolling Action/Adventure that promises "historically accurate combat".
Tiny Echo - Adventure game with a weird fucking art style. Reminds me of Samorost or something similar.
Silver Grapple - Platformer all about using a grappling hook to swing around. Could be cool.
Killing Time - I have never played Killing Time because making it run on modern machines is not feasible. But now we can all see how bad of a shooter it really was.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! - You probably know what this is already.
Defenders of Ekron - A Shmup with some sort of open world/exploration aspect to it.
Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth - Daedalic Entertainment always make high qualiy point&click adventure games, and this one looks like it could be real good.

Most of these games will probably turn out to be not great, but sometimes you find hidden gems that go underlooked.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By MocBucket62

Man Mario + Rabbids and Super Mario Odyssey have tempted me in buying a Switch, so I'll see how both fair in reviews (Odyssey should review highly). Other than that, Toejam and Earl Back to the Groove is a game I'd like to play, but there's still no official release date for it, right? Also Freedom Planet 2 if that's coming out this year, but I doubt it.

Maybe if I'm willing to buy one of those XBOX Taco Bell boxes and win an XBOX One X, maybe Wolfenstein II and Cuphead. That Taco Bell contest starts on 8/31 to 10/4 in the states for those who are wondering.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Are my sure purchases. Also looking at the XCOM expansion, Call of Cthulhu, Sonic Mania, and Wolfenstein.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein 2

Yakuza kiwami

I haven't played evil within or shadow of mordor, but the new games look cool