Magneto gains control of the Danger Room computers and turns routine simulations into deadly games. The game consists of four playable characters (Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Gambit) and five support characters (Rogue, Storm, Iceman, Archangel and Jean Grey) as they battle against constantly intensifying Danger Room simulations. The heroes, with the help of Professor Xavier, try to regain control of their surroundings, eventually facing Magneto in 'real life' on his asteroid base.
- The Savage Land (Boss Characters: Juggernaut and Zaladane)
- The Shi'ar Empire (Boss Character: Deathbird) Using Nightcrawler's teleport, vast sections of this level can be skipped.
- Light House (Boss Characters: Sabretooth, Juggernaut and Apocalypse) Using Nightcrawler's teleport, vast amounts of this level can be skipped.
- Post Apocalyptic World (Boss Character: Ahab)
- Mojo's Crunch (Boss Character: Mojo) At the end of this level, after you destroy the computer, you actually have to push the reset button on the Sega Genesis. This makes it impossible to beat if the reset button is stuck or the player is on a different system.
- Asteroid M (Boss Character: Magneto) Using Nightcrawler's teleport, a significant portion of this level can be skipped.
When released, Electronic Gaming Monthly gave the Genesis version the scores of 6,7,6,8 stating, "...I wish there were more characters to choose from. The music and sounds are simply repeated noises from other Sega games... The switching of the X-Men characters during the game is cool and the variety of special moves are also welcome. The game is very choppy and the control needs work".
Log in to comment