Assassin's Creed 3 - First Info

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#2 Edited by Pie (7033 posts) -

. Dude. AWESOME

#3 Edited by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Yeah I saw this, can't exactly remember where. World War 2 sounds like a fairly dodgy time period for me though, it just doesn't hold the same vibe and appeal that Assassin's Creed had and Assassin's Creed 2 -- presumably - will have. Though I do like the twist of changing the series' protaganist to a woman.

#4 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

Wait what? Really? have a link?

#5 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Well I doubt it's going to be the usual FPS depiction of WW2. It could be a cool setting, assassinating powerful figures and such (maybe Hitler :-P), mostly in cities that aren't currently in war, but have the effects of war visible (gestapo, resistance, whatever).

#6 Posted by Jerr (531 posts) -

You mean Velvet Assassin?

#7 Posted by Pie (7033 posts) -

My guess is that you play a member of the french resistance which will keep the whole "secret" feeling that the first two have

#8 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

This is a bad, bad idea.

#9 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

This stuff was all discussed theoretically. It's not official by any stretch. If anything it's just to see how people would react to such an "announcement". And with that in mind... 

Female assassin = Fine by me. 
WW2 = Please, no. I'd rather jump to near future or the Mushroom Kingdom than that.

#10 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

It seems like a really interesting idea, as long as it doesn't turn into another WW2 FPS

#11 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Nothing has been comfirmed yet. At least from what I read, it's just an idea at the moment.

#12 Posted by septim (774 posts) -

Dude .... no.

Seriously what made AC interesting was that it created a world you had never really seen in video games before. And it created that historical setting really well. We've seen WWII up the wazoo and to be brutally honest when someone mentions WWII I'm instantly disinterested.

They have an IP with a creative license to explore any time period they want and they choose WWII? Un-fucking-believable.

#13 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Set it in 18th centuary London or something. Not WWII, please.

#14 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Predominantly French Ubisoft just want an excuse to fully realise Paris... 

If it does become a reality, I'm looking forward to seeing how well foggy London is realised from a artistic standpoint.  A lot of the buildings we had were lost in the blitz, so it will be interesting to see such buildings recreated for the game. 

#15 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Meh.
Colonial Era+D'Altair please.

#16 Posted by Soap (3559 posts) -

Nothing was comfirmed Linkyshinks, it's just rumour and speculation. He said that they have many ideas in the works and that is just one of them.

#17 Posted by Jeust (10448 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" Yeah I saw this, can't exactly remember where. World War 2 sounds like a fairly dodgy time period for me though, it just doesn't hold the same vibe and appeal that Assassin's Creed had and Assassin's Creed 2 -- presumably - will have. Though I do like the twist of changing the series' protaganist to a woman. "
If it is, it is a pass for me. But that's good from a certain standpoint, as i'll get assassin's creed 2 at bargain price at the time. 
#18 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I don't think that this will be happening.  I can't see myself playing a female assassin.   I think only a man could do that kinda work...not a woman.

#19 Posted by sfighter21 (794 posts) -
@Tallica9000 said:
" You mean Velvet Assassin? "
You win.
#20 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@Steve_C said:

" Nothing has been comfirmed yet. At least from what I read, it's just an idea at the moment. "

Edited OP   

I hadn't seen those direct quotes on the French site I got the info, they had implied it was set in stone. Although that could be Google translate at work. 

#21 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Calling it now, Hitler is assassinated by a hot lady assassin.

#22 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

#23 Posted by Pie (7033 posts) -
@RichardLOlson said:
" I don't think that this will be happening.  I can't see myself playing a female assassin.   I think only a man could do that kinda work...not a woman. "
Racist.....
#24 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

Assassin's Creed : The Saboteur Chronicles you say?

#25 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Inglorious basterds the game. 

@Pie said:

" @RichardLOlson said:
" I don't think that this will be happening.  I can't see myself playing a female assassin.   I think only a man could do that kinda work...not a woman. "
Racist..... "

Its called Sexist, not racist.
#26 Posted by Pie (7033 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" Inglorious basterds the game. 

@Pie said:
" @RichardLOlson said:
Racist..... "
Its called Sexist, not racist. "
#27 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

I think this could be a great idea, but it's a shame that nobody ever uses the WWI setting. I think it would work well (WWI or WWII), and I don't really have a problem with a female assassin either. Although I can see guns coming into play.

I need to see more before I can formulate an actual reaction.

#28 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

I loved the first AC because it put you in an unfamiliar setting that hadn't really been explored in a video game before. The same seems to be true of the setting of the sequel, so why on earth bring the third game into a setting we all know and loathe due to its ubiquity in video game history?

#29 Posted by itsVASH (172 posts) -

As much heat as the WW2 setting is getting I'm a little more worried about the hole they no longer see this as a trilogy and 'we can make like 35 of Assassins Creeds". No, no you cannot make 35 assassins creeds. I mean the story and gameplay have become more interesting now that for them to try to expand upon the series in an unmeaningful can do a lot of damage to this franchise. But WW2 can be interesting, since it wouldn't be romanticized in the typical military sense of storming the beaches and crap, an alternate WW2 history where it wasn't really about Axis vs. Allies but what was really happening was Templars vs. Assassins could actually be unique in its own right. To be honest WW2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, having my grandchildren find out the real ending in "Assassins Creed 35: Kill Harder" would.

#30 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

No thanks.

#31 Edited by mattysen (822 posts) -

Dude Ubi always piss with us when it comes to talking about the future of Assassins Creed. Assassins Creed 1's ending left alot of hints for Japan to be the local of Ass Creed 2, then they said here it would be in the French revolution . What I can't belive is how you guys are still sceptic after they've constantly been pulling shit like this dawg

#32 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

I certainly hope not.

#33 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

getting a Velvet Assassin/The Saboteur vibe from this.

#34 Edited by Andorski (5173 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 2 did show that Hitler was a Templar and that his death was caused by the Assassins, so the WWII-era can fit into the AC storyline.

Still, I wouldn't want the game to take place in such a modern era.  Things like the assassin's blade and hand-to-hand combat are staple elements to the series.  Having your assassin use those tools in a world where every armed military personnel has a handgun just doesn't make sense.

#35 Posted by raggedglory (216 posts) -

I really hope this old article was meant to mislead people, because the end of 2 makes it pretty obvious it should take place in the near future, if not then whats the point of the 2nd one, not to mention that ending leading to "now play as another assassin for some random reason" would be a huge cop out.

#36 Posted by Icemael (6305 posts) -
@raggedglory said:
" I really hope this old article was meant to mislead people, because the end of 2 makes it pretty obvious it should take place in the near future, if not then whats the point of the 2nd one, not to mention that ending leading to "now play as another assassin for some random reason" would be a huge cop out. "
Not at all. They could make a 50-50 split -- spend some time in the real world, jump into the Animus to learn a new move or get some important information, jump out to make use of that in the real world etc.
#37 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -

If Ubisoft wanted to make Assassin's Creed in Paris, why not set it against the French Revolution?  That sounds like a much more interesting scenario than another game set in World War II.

#38 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @RichardLOlson said:
Racist..... "

Think you just won the thread......=p 

Anyways, lots of different eras to look at, WWI might be better due to weapon technology and what AC is all about, but there are a lot more interesting times that can be explored.
#39 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

could be cool. I loathe WWII FPS but this could be an interesting spin on WWII.

#40 Posted by Tearhead (2143 posts) -

A game set during the time of the second World War?! That's definitely a theme that hasn't been beaten to death. If this happens, then Assassin's Creed has lost.

#41 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Hey guys, from the sound of it: I think they already released Assassins Creed 3. 
#42 Posted by rateoforange (403 posts) -

World War II. Ha. Lady Assassin. Double Ha. I hope he was just mouthing off, for the sake of the franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.