Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

Who had the best conference?

• 162 results
    Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Helimocopter

Ubisoft

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By karatetron

Probably Nintendo, what with the new console and all.

also,

@Twitchey said:

You forgot to include Ubisoft and EA.

YOU be soft!

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By rawrz

Id say Nintendo by a lot. For me Sony had the worst since other then Uncharted 3 the rest was pretty meh and while Microsoft was pretty middle of the road and mostly meh too but I was at least impressed with how damn good Mass Effect 3 looks as well as Forza 4 and the Halo 4 announcement had me interested.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Famov
    @President_Barackbar said:

I feel like everyone who says Nintendo is just conditioned to say Nintendo wins every E3.

I think that your feelings encourage you to express yourself in an otherwise juvenile manner. "Conditioned" indeed.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#105  Edited By FreakAche
    @gorkamorkaorka: Nintendo was cool, but the fact that they didn't really talk about new first party titles on the WiiU raises some questions.
    Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Revan_NL

Sony, Vita has a great price (in the US anyway, Europeans are getting fucked once again), PS3 had some awesome exclusives and Kobe was on stage. MS was by far the worst of the three, but I'm not convinced by Nintendo either. Any conference where the people attending/watching it walk out wondering what the fuck just got announced is a bad conference.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By umdesch4

Nintendo. I've already got the gaming hardware I'll be using for the next year, and I pretty much know what games I'll be buying, but who'd ever think that an E3 presser would make me ask "where/when is this orchestra playing, and how much are tickets?!"

LOL!

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Between those three I'd say Sony but of all the pressers I'd say EA.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By zityz

Microsofts was a joke. Sony's was good but too much sales pitch for my liking and Nintendo's was great. Showed off zelda, music was good. and they focused on games, new console and games. None of this % market crap no one except investors gives a shit about. Also, more Smash Brothers yo.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#110  Edited By OllyOxenFree

1. Nintendo

2. Sony

3. Microsoft

4. EA

5. Ubisoft

6. Konami

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111  Edited By RichardLOlson

I'm gonna have to give to Microsoft.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ajamafalous

My order is Ubisoft (even thought that MC was the worst fucking thing about maybe any E3 ever) > Sony > EA > Nintendo > MS, with Nintendo and MS being pretty close to each other.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Famov said:

I feel like everyone who says Nintendo is just conditioned to say Nintendo wins every E3.

I think that your feelings encourage you to express yourself in an otherwise juvenile manner. "Conditioned" indeed.

I dont think its juvenile to say that people are conditioned to give Nintendo the win when many people have said "Nintendo" and offered no good reason as to why they thought their presser was the best.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Famov

@Famov said:

I dont think its juvenile to say that people are conditioned to give Nintendo the win when many people have said "Nintendo" and offered no good reason as to why they thought their presser was the best.

I do not think it's very much of a leap to suggest that a Nintendo Conference "win" would not necessarily be by virtue of what they presented but instead by simply being better than their two competitors. As in, a lot of people feel like Microsoft and Sony didn't have much to get excited about. And Nintendo presented new HD hardware and name dropped a bunch of 3rd party developers. There are all sorts of snarky comments to be made about being late to the party or whatever, but others are genuinely excited by this.

This is neither here nor there, of course. What is an unreasonable leap of logic is to assume that the Nintendo folks are "conditioned" but the people who voted MS and Sony (of which it can be assumed some did not provide an explanation for their vote) are somehow more justified. Conditioned is interesting word choice, by the way. In fact I originally thought you used "positioned", which made better grammatical sense. "I position myself to always argue for Nintendo", etc. But to be "conditioned" to vote Nintendo means that those individuals are slavering idiot fanboys with no mind of their own. And I found that implication objectionable.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Famov: Well, "slavering idiot fanboys" is a much harsher way to express the sentiment I was getting at, but I was going there. Nintendo was disappointing. I really don't think Nintendo FINALLY getting to the place Sony and Microsoft have been doing for years is huge news, and people aren't going to abandon Sony and Microsoft because now they can play 3rd party games on their Wii U. I think Sony had a lot to get excited about. I think fans of Nintendo are NEVER disappointed with the Nintendo presser, so I think its unfair to say Nintendo automatically won because people fawn over Zelda and Mario.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#116  Edited By Vinny_Says

Sony was straight up boring. Microsoft was focused on products I don't care for (kinect), so also boring. Nintendo was just confusing. Ubisoft had french people but had some cool games (Far Cry, BIA, AC, Rayman) but overall EA was the best and most to the point, just game after game. (Well except for a stupid trailer for Star Wars)

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Lemmycaution217

As confused as everyone was, I have to go with Nintendo.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#118  Edited By Hector
    I feel Sony's was the most organized and there was Jeremy.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By TheHBK
    @mutha3 said:
    @TheHBK said:
    I would say it is understandable.  Look at what they showed off, Halo, Gears, MW3, Kinect stuff, lots of good games for this year.
    Military shooters and Kinect is "good stuff" to you? To each his own, then.....
    Well they have something for everyone, Gears not your military shooter really, Kinect gets attention.  Its not like they are coming out and saying, Oh we only have great FPS and RPGS and thats it.  They have kids games, adults.  This is a trade show after all and its about business.  They have a great lineup as I said for THIS year, and thats what matters.  Plus they brought out Ice T.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120  Edited By benjaebe

Sony started off well but ended poorly apart from Vita pricing (I was expecting a Last Guardian reveal or something, not fucking Mix Master Mike.) Microsoft was horrible except the Tomb Raider demo, which I loved. I found Nintendo's conference to be boring and the WiiU announcement left me with more questions than answers and from what I've seen so far doesn't look appealing at all. I voted Sony by default since they finally announced Vita pricing and an ICO/SOTC release date (as well as a pretty affordable 3DTV bundle). Nintendo might've done better to hold off on announcing their new system until they actually had like..a game to show. Even the third party announcements seemed to just be footage from other consoles.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By SlightConfuse

EA game after game no stoping

of the big 3 sony they came out strong with uncharted and vita looks impressive, nintendo was underwhelming

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Hourai

I enjoyed Sony the most, but there wasn't really any one in particular that I thought was amazing.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By jasta

Sony won me over this year.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#124  Edited By Gabriel

Konami.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Demyx

EA probably had the best. and a tie between Nintendo and Sony. All in all, I don't buy video games often, so other than Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, everything else was kinda not relevant. Microsft definitely had one of the worst only because I don't care about the Kinect.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#126  Edited By bassman2112

Sony.

I wanted and want to love the Wii U, but I simply can't see myself getting it. I do see myself getting a Vita though, and for me that means Sony was the strongest showing.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#127  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'm torn between Sony and Nintendo, but I feel like I can't really say Nintendo because a lot of the Wii U stuff was pretty tech demo-y rather than actual game-y. You know, I would have liked to see something like Darksiders II or that HD Zelda game actually running on a Wii U, rather than videos and vague promises. 

Microsoft's was pretty bad though, unless you're really into Kinect and more bad interface changes (or at least I don't like what little of it I saw at their conference). 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NTM

Nintendo. I think since there was a lack of content shown for the full Wii U product, that made some people come away disappointed, but for me, it generated more excitement than both the other conferences put together. I'm excited to see what Wii U has to offer in the near future (I'm looking at you new HD Zelda game). The Sony press conference (for the most part) bored me in an almost painful way, and the Microsoft press conference just kind of annoyed me with all the Kinect stuff and corny acting from the people on stage. Both the Sony and Microsoft press conferences were kind of painful to watch, and I can't say that's ever a good thing.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129  Edited By hockeymask27

none of the above.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The NHL east is obviously superior

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Trebz

Sony. They showed off plenty of gameplay for games I care about, made the Vita quite tantalizing, and announced Sly. 

I didn't care about Microsoft and I was disappointed by how little we learned from Nintendo's conference other than about their new console.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Gotta say Nintendo.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#133  Edited By Claude

Sony is winning this poll and yet I still don't see myself buying one. Weird.

Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Monte

I did

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#135  Edited By sopranosfan

What I want the most is the VIta but I think Nintendo had the best overall show.  Nintendo showed some really good 3ds games and the Wii U looks really interesting to me.  I think you could make an argument for either of those two but I don't see how anybody could vote for Microsoft, in all honesty this was probably their worst showing ever.

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By maxB

Super Mario is gonna make me get a 3ds and the WiiU could be awesome.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By shadows_kill

Sony. I would have said ninty if they would have: 
    Shown actual gameplay with the Wii U 
    Shown real games on the Wii U 
    and NOT make it seem like the Wii U just started development cause most announcments where "Yes we have this game... sorta.." 
    the 3DS part was killer but I think the Vita showing was better.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#138  Edited By RobotHamster
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By clubsandwich

imo E3 kinda sucked this year, really few games got me interested, but I voted Nintendo because of the new console and how sexy WiiU's Zelda looked, my fream finally came true, a HD Zelda! :D

but what I enjoyed the most was Tomb Raider's demo in MS conference. EA delivered some great stuff too.

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By RockAction

hard to choose between nintendo and sony, but i went for nintendo  
    the only thing that blew me away by sony was the price for Vita, and to a lesser extent the 3DTV, thought that was a cool idea 

the games nintendo showed were impressive, super mario 3d and although it wasn't in the briefing the trailer for skyward sword looks stunning, and there were others, so in terms of software i was very impressed by nintendo, for a second year too 

in regard to the Wii  U i don't know about it yet, its best to wait to judge on games, but i think i was expecting a wii-level difference, i.e. the difference motion control made to the industry, that seemed to come out of nowhere, and i remember thinking at the time, nintendo's really blown it but they have some really cool games on wii 

i think the wii u reflects, and i think its a good idea, a consolidation of input, in that it has the large touchscreen that may seem alluring to the apple crowd, those that haven't experienced console gaming but are looking for more than the ones on ipad etc, which is clever, and they're appealing to 'gamer's gamers' with an hd console which will be supported by all the major publishers and they're also courting the wii audience, that recognise the brand and will probably upgrade to wii u instead of 360 etc 

and i think its in a prime period for sales considering there won't be a competitor out until, most likely, 2014 and if they follow this with a game changer again to go along side sony / MS in 2015 for example it won't be the half-step dreamcast mistake it might appear to be atm 

the one thing that annoys me still, despite consolidating markets with a new console, which is a good idea, is the controller,  i don't think the hardcore gamer is going to choose an etch-a-sketch over a 360/PS3 gamepad, nor are people who are compelled, magpie-like, by the sleek designs from apple, going to think the controller is approachable or aesthetically pleasing

so they have the wii audience who will most likely find the idea novel and choose to go with a name they trust 

i hope it works and i hope it does well for nintendo, like i said its not appropriate to judge it without seeing games but its nintendo so software should be fine 

was really hoping the rumour it would have a screen that mimics the feel of different materials was true

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#141  Edited By Jazzycola

I would say none of the conferences really hit the ball outta the park. This E3 to me just shows that console announcements are coming next E3 considering how little the focus was on core games.But each conference had its plus. MS had a good conference because they proved that maybe Kinect will have more than Dance Central, Sony had a good conference cause they showed that they are serious about getting into the next generation of portables, and Nintendo reestablished their connection to their core fans with showing of Zelda and acting serious about the eshop. This year is the year of the handheld establishment. And Next year will be the year of console announcements. Hell I'd even go as far to say that Last Guardian will be a launch title for the PS4(or the Playstation Casa Vita).

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#142  Edited By Video_Game_King

Nobody. This year's E3 kinda sucked.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ssj4raditz

I liked Sony's. They showed me everything I wanted.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#144  Edited By sjschmidt93

Microsoft ...D+ 
    Sony... C 
    Nintendo... A-

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By laserbolts
    As much as i like the idea of this thread it has gone to the douche bags. Seriously bashing or disagreeing with other people over there own opinions is fucking stupid. Some people love gears and call of duty so let them love it. Some people like mario and zelda so get over it. Some people like uncharted and the vita so what?? There is no definitive right answer.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#146  Edited By toowalrus

Don't sticky this.

Also: Ubisoft.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#147  Edited By samfo

@Ventilaator: Forza4, Gears3, and two Halos? I reckon Microsoft fans could mount a case.

DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By DarkTravesty

neither of the three.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149  Edited By Dalai

Nintendo, but this E3 was a bit of a bummer overall.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#150  Edited By ventilaator
    @SamFo said:

@Ventilaator: Forza4, Gears3, and two Halos? I reckon Microsoft fans could mount a case.

Forza 4 and Gears 3 were already announced before. The 2 halo games were heavily rumoured.  I'm not saying anything bad about those games, I'm saying their inclusion felt like the dieing gasps of the Microsoft that makes games for the core gamers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.