#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

No. I can't think of 2 times I really appreciated the sixaxis.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Dalai

It was a futile attempt to cash in on the Wii's motion control buzz.  However, I don't think Sony should've abandoned it so quickly and I hope they try to bring it back... hopefully with more refined controls and a purpose.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

The Sixaxis fuction is a hunk of shit and the knuckleheads that thought it up should be ashamed of themselves.

I do dig the ultra light controller though, and I've never dug rumble. Could never get into it, all the way back to the N64 days.... something about it physically annoys me and when turning it off is an option, I always do. One hundo a day is five hundo a week: we're rich.

So, in the PS4 I hope they do include it (SixAixs,) if only so I could have another featherweight pad. If I play my 360 too long, depending on how I hold the fucking thing, I get this carpal-tunnel-esque feeling up my wrists and thumbs - doesn't happen with the Sixaxis controller.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss
ZombiePie said:
"

I ask this after playing flower at a friend’s house, which I think is a game that uses the Sixaxis controls rather well. However as a whole I could give or take Sixaxis controls; sure a few games have done the controls well but does anyone feel like it has added anything significant to games that have the controls.

"

God no.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Geno

I really don't think so, sixaxis wasn't really an intended function, they just needed something to replace rumble while the Dualshock lawsuit was still going on.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By super_machine

No, motion control its way too sensitive for the Rumble technology coming next generation. I'm talking full tactile immersion. You step on the spikes in game, and you get the spikes in hand.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

No, it doesn't need Sixaxis, I think games are better off without them, sure, there are a few instances where it worked okay, but it wasn't necessary.

I worry that maybe the next consoles will try to be like the Wii and integrate full motion controls instead of just basic motion controls, which would not be good at all, in my opinion.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shadow

well, in order to top xbox, just doubling what they have won't be good enough in the PS4!  To come out on top, they will have to cube it, so prepare yourself for the twohundredsixteenaxsis!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

Apparently Fl0wer's controls are phenomenal (spelling?) which I find entirely hard to believe because personally I fucking hate the Sixaxis tilt controls. Good controller, bad tilt technology.

Still super stoked for Fl0wer mind.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

I think it would be awesome if it worked. Mirror's edge would have been a whole lot cooler if the sixaxis functions would have worked, it would have flowed so much better. However, any time I tried, I usually ended up dead.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm not a fan. I have yet to have an experience with it where regular controls schemes wouldn't have proven superior.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By drakesfortune

I want all motion controls to die in a fire, so no, I hope they don't.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Karmum

I don't think motion sensing in the control is needed, since it doesn't really change the gameplay in any of the games at all.

crooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crooked

Way to gimmicky to be for practical use in 95% of games today.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Drebin_893

Depends on if it will have backwards compatibility.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Gameboi

Like Biff said, I like how light the original controller was without the rumble. I still use that as my main controller. As for the motion controls,  the only time I enjoyed using it was with the free-falling parts of Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. If Sony can find a way to make it useful and not distracting, I'll find a way to appreciate it. Otherwise, I could do without.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By KamasamaK

It needs it if there will be backward compatibility. There is really no good reason to remove it. It's not as if there are no good ways to implement its use.

tangingt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tangingt

i don't thinks it is that useful. if Sony had make a new controller that  might have worked. everyone was already set with how he dual shock feels and worked..

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hexpane
ZombiePie said:
"

I ask this after playing flower at a friend’s house,

"
Are you in Europe or something??? I Didn't realize Flower was already out?
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By AndrewGaspar

flOwer isn't out. This thread fails.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Besides, PS4 will HAVE to have Sixaxis if they plan to make it backwards compatible.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hexpane
AndrewGaspar said:
"Besides, PS4 will HAVE to have Sixaxis if they plan to make it backwards compatible."
Sony's track record on backwards compatible has taken a big shit on the deal sadly.  They used to be #1 BC super happy fun box... now, not so much.  They are going the XBOX route of "too bad, old games SUXXX"
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zitosilva

I had fun using the sixaxis to controll arrows in Heavenly Sword, but that's the only time I can remember using. Usually, if the game gives me an option between the stick and the sixaxis, I'll go with the stick. So I guess, no, the next one does not need the sixaxis.

But, by the way, how did you manage to play flower? There's no demo out for it or anything (at least not on the american PSN).

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Oops my mistake, I know it seems like a a cheap excuse but I meant to put down flOw, but suspect my credibility to be quickly dissipating after this innocuous mishap. I officially sacrifice my kidney to those who pointed out this error of judgement.