GAMES YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR...?

• 84 results
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

because I totally forgot. I was walking with my brother to gamestop (I didn't get anything, due to the lack of money, but I was instrumental in getting him to buy alpha protocol so it was worth it), and we were talking about games coming out this year and all I could remember is games I really don't want to play (GTAV, bioshock, DMC, etc.) so, help me remember good games coming out this year!

all I can remember is metro: last light, and SMTIV which I can't play anyway and isn't even guaranteed for this year :(

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Ace Attorney 5 is one game that I hope comes out this year. Other than that my most anticipated game is probably Injustice: Gods Among Us. It'll be a great year for games for sure and hopefully the big last year for the current consoles.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

SMT IV is my number one, but like you said, it's unknown whether it will even be released in NA this year. Still, there are other games I'm excited for and I fully expect this to be a great year.

so off the top of my head, I want:

1. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

2. Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

4. Grand Theft Auto V

5. Beyond: Two Souls

6. Watch Dogs

7. Remember Me

8. Shadowrun Returns

9. Wasteland 2

10.Animal Crossing 3DS (can't remember the real name)

so yeah, should be a fun year. And this is just what I'm expecting, I'm sure there will be plenty of nice surprises along the way.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By DarthOrange
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

Shadowrun , next Blazblue , ..... and I dont know if they are coming out this year (probably wont) , Dragon Age 3 , Metal Gear "whatever its the title" and Dark Souls 2 (probably wont come out this year but I can hope)

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stimpack

The Last Guardian!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Coafi
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Animasta

@Stimpack said:

The Last Guardian!

it's cute that you still think that game is coming out

edit; so far all I've got is soul hackers (again, can't play no 3DS), super time force looks decent and maybe watch dogs :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10. Routine

• The vibe I get from this is Amnesia in space. Sounds cool to me.

9. The Last of Us

• I've never really understood the hype for Naughy Dog, and I've been critical of some of their past efforts, but this new one looks pretty good. It appears like it will allow the player more freedom than Uncharted and with deeper mechanics all around. That, combined with Naughty Dog's trademark polish will hopefully result in something remarkable. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit and I hope I like it as much as I think I will.

8. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

• It's basically Hayao Miyazaki: The Game. Not to sound condescending, but if you don't know what that means, this game probably isn't for you. For those of us who do understand: GET HYPE.

7. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

• Amnesia: The Dark Descent is one of the best and most frighting horror games I've ever played. As a fan of good horror, those have become way too few and far between this generation. Hopefully the sequel lives up to its predecessor.

6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

• The first Luigi's Mansion was such an unexpected delight, especially as someone who inexplicably loves Luigi. I never thought there would be a sequel, but I'm so glad it's getting one.

5. Rayman Legends

• I never played a Rayman game before Rayman Origins, but it is one of my absolute favorite games this generation and quickly became one of my all-time favorite platformers. Hopefully Legends can fill its sizable shoes.

4. Dark Souls II

• That the developers are bandying about words and phrases like "wider audience" and "accessibility" ought to be cause for concern, and perhaps it is, but From has earned so much of my trust with the previous two Souls games that I'm going to turn a blind eye to that stuff for now. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are two of the most fresh, innovative, and downright best games to come out of this console generation and, despite what they say, I seriously doubt they're willing to sacrifice the things that brought them so much respect and attention just for a few more sales. Hopefully they prove me right.

3. Destiny

• We have barely any information about Bungie's next project, but those scant, vague, yet tantalizing details are enough to make me think Destiny could be something truly special.

2. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain/Metal Gear Solid 5

• I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER ABOUT THAT.

1. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

• This isn't a popular opinion, but Raiden is my favorite Metal Gear character. Naturally, I was pretty intrigued when he it was revealed that he was getting a second chance at being a main character in his own game. This also isn't a popular opinion, but I went from intrigued to incredibly excited when Rising was re-revealed at the VGAs last year with that trailer oozing so much attitude and swagger. Of course many Metal Gear fans were complaining and nay-saying as loudly as they could, but I wasn't hearing any of it. The new and improved Rising looked and continues to look incredible. It's extremely impressive what Platinum has done with this game. They picked up the pieces of KojiPro's broken game that was little more than a tech demo, and not only did what they couldn't by turning it into a full-fledged game, but by all accounts made a pretty damn good one at that. If you look at the "thumbs up" rating on every trailer on YouTube since the re-reveal, they've been steadily climbing with each new trailer. Even the haters have been won over and can no longer deny that this game looks awesome.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animasta

oh god I completely forgot about barkley 2

that is probably my most anticipated game

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

How many of these threads will we get!?!?!?!?! Anyways:

• Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Getting)
  • Dead Space 3 (Getting)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Getting)
  • The Last of Us (Getting)
  • God of War: Ascension (Getting)
  • Bioshock Infinite (Getting)
  • South Park: Stick of Truth (Maybe)
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Borrowing)
  • Metro: Last Light (Maybe)
  • Guacamelee (Getting)
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Maybe)

And if these come out this year:

• Beyond: Two Souls
  • Watch Dogs
  • Rain
  • Puppeteer
  • Tearaway
Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stimpack

@Animasta: The Last Guardian, Shenmue III, and the Shenmue I+II HD collection will all see the light of day. Then who will be the mocked one, hm? HMMM?!!!

Also on an honest note I'd say MGS: GZ looks like it'll be interesting and possibly bug-filled to high hell. Wasteland II, that Shadowrun game (I don't know when that's supposed to release), and... good lord the list seems so long. There's really too many to name. I think the bigger question is, which ones will we remember after they've hit the ground?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morningstar

Ni No Kuni is the first one, and Skulls Of The Shogun the second one. That's January. Cant look further ahead :)

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I don't even know what's coming out this year besides GTA and Bioshock. Most the games I bought last year were games I had no clue about until they were out and I saw the fan reactions.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@_Chad said:

I don't even know what's coming out this year besides GTA and Bioshock. Most the games I bought last year were games I had no clue about until they were out and I saw the fan reactions.

probably what I'll end up doing too, but last year I had a few more games I was anticipating more than this year

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Chontamenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chontamenti

Just have Handhelds right now, so:

Dragon's Crown (VITA + PS3)

Persona 4 Golden (EU)

Muramasa (VITA)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (!)

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PillClinton

Shit, I dunno, but I think Alpha Protocol's actually really great, and vastly underrated.

@Bistromath said:

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Also, this.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Bioshock, Luigi's Mansion, GTAV, Pokemon X or Y, Last of Us, The Cave, the Kickstarter Adventure from Double Fine.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

There are some but I'm now exactly excited, but curious about them and hope they are good. Hope the new Tomb Raider is great, could be garbage, who knows.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By betterboulder
  • Bioshock Infinite (Been on my radar since the game first showed. Looks freaking exciting)
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4 (Simultaneously the most underrated and awesome JRPG series. The fact that it's getting another numbered entry is big news.)
  • Shadowrun Returns (Cyberpunk? Yes! Tactical Role Playing? Yes, yes, yes!)
  • Last of Us (Always ready for more Naughty Dog stuff)
  • Etrian Odyssey 4 (These games are hard as hell but I can't help myself from buying 'em)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (Was afraid this wouldn't make it to the West but it did and I'm excited)
  • Ni No Kuni (Mentioning Studio Ghibli on anything perks my attention)
  • Aliens Colonial Marines (I didn't get the previous Aliens game but hopefully this one is great)
  • Super Time Force (Interesting gameplay + 2D action)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 (One of the most unique games on the Gamecube gets a sequel. What's not to look forward to)
  • Routine (Love horror and I love sci-fi even more)
  • Wasteland 2 (Never played the first but I'd love to get my hands on any post-apocalyptic game)
  • Remember Me (I really like what I've seen of this game. Hope Capcom doesn't disappoint)
  • Earth Defense Force 4 (Big dumb bug killing fun!)
  • Radio the Universe (The first Kickstarter I contributed to in 2013. Looks to be a retro mix of Cave Story, Zelda, and Dark Souls with a dark fiction twist)
  • Company of Heroes 2 (Never played the first but war time strategy sounds good for my new gaming PC)
  • Puppeteer (Looks like a great sidescroller with a cool art direction)
  • Guacamelee ('Metroidvania' is a word I always like to hear. Coupling it with an incredible visual style is just icing)
  • Metro Last Light (2033 was one of the best FPS's of this gen. Why wouldn't I be thrilled for a sequel?)
  • XCOM (Unlike a lot of people, I've actually been intrigued by all that I've seen of the XCOM FPS. I doubt it will be better than Enemy Unknown but I'd still like to play it. If it does come out this year that is.)
  • Pikmin 3 (YES! YES! YES!)
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix (Sucks that it doesn't include KH 2 but at least it shows SE remembers the good parts of the KH series)
  • War for the Overworld (Dungeon Keeping has always been a gene I've been interested in experiencing)
  • Dragon's Crown (More Vanillaware is always good)
  • The Banner Saga (Possibly the first Kickstarter I contributed to. Still waiting on that payoff)

In short, alot.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By haffy

Heart of the Swarm and GTA V.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Hizang

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena are coming out in the UK this year, so dude!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Panelhopper

For me it's the UK releases of P4G & P4A as well as the rebooted tomb raider, injustice: gods among us and maybe, just maybe the ps3 release of literally any Skyrim dlc so my version of that game can stop feeling third rate

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By RIDEBIRD

GTAV if it comes to PC, Bioshock, Routine, Dead Space 3, Metro and above all else: Day Z Standalone.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Wasteland 2, Broken Sword 5, Project Godus, Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y.

I'm looking forward to GTAV a lot too, but I'm waiting on a PC version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hizang: Great choices, I've been waiting desperately to replay Persona 4 and look forward to playing it over a long period with my Vita. For a while, I thought it might be worthwhile do import it (just because of how long it's taken to make it to Europe before) but they've already announced March which is great.

Also, the new Metal Gear game looks really interesting. I always love games where; the second you finish them; you are put back to the start to play it again. I love playing those kinds of games and I imagine the new one doing the exact same.

I'm also very interested in Destiny because I have a lot of faith in Bungie and I want to see what their new universe exactly is.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By phrosnite
  1. Tomb Raider
  2. Bioshock Infinite(looking forward to be as overrated as the first)
  • Dragon Age 3 news
  • Dark Souls 2 news
mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mandude

I'M STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO LAST YEAR'S GAMES.

(why are we shouting?)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Hizang

@VaddixBell said:

@Hizang: Great choices, I've been waiting desperately to replay Persona 4 and look forward to playing it over a long period with my Vita. For a while, I thought it might be worthwhile do import it (just because of how long it's taken to make it to Europe before) but they've already announced March which is great.

Also, the new Metal Gear game looks really interesting. I always love games where; the second you finish them; you are put back to the start to play it again. I love playing those kinds of games and I imagine the new one doing the exact same.

I'm also very interested in Destiny because I have a lot of faith in Bungie and I want to see what their new universe exactly is.

I'm going to see if I can get a Vita for my 21st Birthday (The 7th of March) as its so close to the release of the game.

sevvagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sevvagon

Alan wake ,and some new platform games ,first of all ..

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ghostiet

Primarily The Last of Us and right after that GTA V.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Wraxend

DmC

Ni No Kuni

BioShock Infinite

GTA:V

The Last of Us

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeF
  • The Wonderful 101
  • The Last of Us
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Metro: Last Light
  • South Park: Stick of Truth
  • Pikmin 3
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Wasteland 2
  • Two Brothers
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Lego City Undercover
  • SimCity
  • Tomb Raider
  • StarCraft II - Heart of the Swarm
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • The Cave
  • The Witness
  • Spy Party
  • Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
  • Dead Space 3
  • DmC

It's terrifying if you consider that most of this is coming out in the first half of the year.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Metro: Last Light, Europa Universalis IV, and picking up a 3DS and devouring the back catalogue are my biggest hypes. I've got interest to see whether Wasteland 2 is actually any good, and SimCity looks like something I could love depending on my mindset when it drops.

Playing some Barkley has me genuinely excited for the second game, but I don't actually know if that's a 2013 release.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tmthomsen

GTA 5 and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By zrais

Really looking forward to Bioshock and the Last of Us.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By MocBucket62

Total War Rome 2 and The Last of Us

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's actually weird, I don't feel very anticipatory for games right now. Maybe it's because I got burned last year (XCOM and Most Wanted). Maybe it's I have such a huge backlog and enough non-game responsibilities that I'm not sitting around waiting for specific games to come out.

By summer, THEN I'll be anticipating games. Winter I'm well taken care of, with the holiday glut to work through. Summer, there's fuck all coming out and it makes me ache for the holiday rush.

I'd say next few months, I actively want to play Last of Us and ... peruse the content of Tomb Raider. I'm going to get DmC, Infinite and GTA5 just to be part of the conversation about them.

I'm actually super happy I paid for all my Kickstarter stuff last year. Now it's like I'm getting free games this year..!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Animasta

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Metro: Last Light, Europa Universalis IV, and picking up a 3DS and devouring the back catalogue are my biggest hypes. I've got interest to see whether Wasteland 2 is actually any good, and SimCity looks like something I could love depending on my mindset when it drops.

Playing some Barkley has me genuinely excited for the second game, but I don't actually know if that's a 2013 release.

how did I forget Europa Universalis IV? god I'm a moron :(

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By Video_Game_King

Fire Emblem. Duh. I don't even know about other games coming out this year.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McGhee

@Stimpack said:

The Last Guardian!

Right about the same time that Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By grilledcheez

Bioshock and GTA atm...I usually figure it out as I go.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Animasta

@McGhee said:

@Stimpack said:

The Last Guardian!

Right about the same time that Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.

Versus 13 has a way better shot of coming out than last guardian does.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BoatDrinks

Sim fucking City

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Deranged

Aliens: Colonial Marines, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Gears Judgment (simply due to favouritism), Injustice: Gods Among Us, State of Decay.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By D0tti

Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTA V, Watch Dogs

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50  Edited By granderojo

The Cave is sitting on my preload and will be played ASAP

Sim City because fuck you Sim City looks fucking awesome god damn.

GTA V mostly because haswell is releasing along side it and I will be upgrading. Can't wait to see what that game looks like on new hardware.

Super Time Force because that game speaks to my early 90's video gaming in a very specific way and that fucking trailer.

Double Fine Adventure because Grim Fandango is my all time favourite game.

Grid 2 because 2013 looks like a drought for racing games.

I would say Tomb Raider if only to see if they can actually pull it off.