• 147 results
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By csl316

I was worried when they moved to the new office and out of a crappy little space, but meh.  The site's as good as it's ever been.  If not better.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By audiosnag
@SoothsayerGB: 
 .....the fuck you on about?
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Lufferov said:
" @blacklabeldomm:@blacklabeldomm said:
" When is the last time Vinny climbed a fridge?    I kinda see what you mean but now it's a bigger business and the crew has to maintain a schedule.... "
Sure I appreciate that, but my whole point is that those videos are what MADE Giant Bomb. Without them I just don't feel they have that magic ingredient. It's fine to grow and become profitable, but they shouldn't forget their roots. I like Giant Bomb now, but I loved it before when they were in the basement. The whole atmosphere changed dramatically after the move and it's never been the same since. "
Not enough fridges to climb....
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Surkov

It saddens me that this thread even exists. 

After a week of fantastic Game of the Year videos, industry top 10 lists and 8 hours of podcasts some people still feel devoid of some content. Every week they spend 2 hours playing the latest multiplayer games with their community (I don't know of any other site that does this) as well as film an additional hour of alcohol-induced happy hour craziness.  As if that's not enough, Jeff and Ryan stream their commute to and from the office about 2 times a week just for the hell of it (more random shit).   

And the reason there is no QOTW is because they stopped receiving submissions for QOTW. As for mailbag, they just see it more efficient to let the mail pile up then film it as one big section, which I am fine with.   And you know what the best part of all this is? The vast majority of it is FREE!

The sense of entitlement in some people just blows me away.       

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Azteck
@SoothsayerGB: Oh just shut up. What the fuck are you even saying.
cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By cinemandrew
@Lufferov: TNT, and the Happy Hour provide a huge amount of video content every week. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but those other videos take time to produce. It seems like a quick and easy video, but you have to consider the time spent importing footage, editing (if necessary), exporting, and uploading. Even for a short video, this can take a few hours, and considering the time of year, the guys don't have a lot of time for that stuff. Furthermore, with how much new stuff they've been trying out since they moved to the new office, I'm sure Vinny and the rest of the production staff have had even less time for random, impromptu videos. Once they settle in a little more, they'll probably do more, but for now they're going to focus more on big picture stuff.
Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I agree, but I think it's mostly because of the break of stuff over the holidays. Also I Love Mondays and Mailbags are greatly missed. :-( I think once the year really starts rolling, it will be better. I really do like the cross website stuff. I just wish the live stuff was later so it was airing while I was at work. :-)

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Ravenousrattler

nah its just the slow time of year, wait for spring when games start coming out again

Lufferov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lufferov
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @Lufferov: I was referring your lack of willingness to check threads for things like Lemon's lens and the thing that bodega used to do. Or to go to ustream where they archive TNT.   I love when people take guesses at what they think people are doing or how much work actually goes into things. It's like when people blew up when they wanted to break up the bombcast.  "
I don't know what the bombcast has to do with anything here... so I'll ignore that part. As for my unwillingness to seek out content, shouldn't they be feeding the content to me? That Lemons Lens thing I've never seen, is it even on the site or just YouTube? I mean, what's the point of shooting it if they aren't going to share it on the site?
I've not been taking guesses about what work they are doing. I'm just stating that I miss the old style impromptu videos we used to get all the time when they were in the basement.
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By dagas
@SoothsayerGB: Are you by any chance Steven Heck from Alpha Protocol?
Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Catarrhal

They've intentionally phased out the mailbag videos so as not to encourage yet more people to send bullshit like Twinkies.  

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By ch13696

To me, they lost their touch as soon as I started not liking Jeff Gerstmann, but that's just me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By CL60
@Catarrhal said:
" They've intentionally phased out the mailbag videos so as not to encourage yet more people to send bullshit like Twinkies.   "
Somebody should send another, bigger box, of Twinkies.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By ajamafalous

I tend to agree.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TonyBlue87

At least a few people here aren't complete idiots.  It's winter, folks.  Not a whole lot in the gaming world going on right now.  And as Surkov said, we just saw a deluge of content in the form of the Top 10 deliberations.  Every day had a billion things to read/watch/hear, and don't tell me the GiantBomb soul wasn't in those videos (for chrissaske they wrote "A Wrestling Stag Meets with Excellence" in fucking latin).

And Lufferov, if you're going to just dismiss all the examples of new content that the rest of the community has already pointed out to you, then why the hell are you still writing in this thread?  There's content all around you, and it is all worth your time and filled with GiantBomb spirit.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By audiosnag
@Surkov said:
" It saddens me that this thread even exists.   After a week of fantastic Game of the Year videos, industry top 10 lists and 8 hours of podcasts some people still feel devoid of some content. Every week they spend 2 hours playing the latest multiplayer games with their community (I don't know of any other site that does this) as well as film an additional hour of alcohol-induced happy hour craziness.  As if that's not enough, Jeff and Ryan stream their commute to and from the office about 2 times a week just for the hell of it (more random shit).   And the reason there is no QOTW is because they stopped receiving submissions for QOTW. As for mailbag, they just see it more efficient to let the mail pile up then film it as one big section, which I am fine with.   And you know what the best part of all this is? The vast majority of it is FREE! The sense of entitlement in some people just blows me away.        "
Yes to this. All of this.
Thank you.
RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RTSlord

i too miss the random videos and tomfoolery

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By EquitasInvictus
@TonyBlue87: Great post! This season may not provide many opportunities regarding gaming coverage, but it's definitely a great time for community content to flourish. 

Not only that, but everyone in the staff is working very hard to bring us Thursday Night Throwdowns and the Happy Hour every week. I feel like whatever "soul" the OP might have thought was lost through some of the features we aren't seeing so much is definitely living on through that content.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

These random videos you are talking about can be found under "Kessler Kam" at MattBodega's blog, and more recently, "Lemon Lens" at Lemon's blog. There are a ton to watch. 

They still do them, but the interns film them now and you don't see them under the official Giant Bomb video section on this site (though, as someone linked before, they are posted on their YouTube account).

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Crono11
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Good news! I love Monday's will be back on, guess when, MONDAY!
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By lockwoodx
@Kibblez said:
" I think Giant Bomb is the best its ever been "
That's why you're a subscriber?
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Mighty
@Sin4profit said:
"they get the tom foolery out of their systems with the TNT live show. "
Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74  Edited By Kibblez
@Buzzkill said:
" @Kibblez said:
That's why you're a subscriber? "
Oh of course because only subscribers have opinions on the site
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FourWude
@Catarrhal said:
" They've intentionally phased out the mailbag videos so as not to encourage yet more people to send bullshit like Twinkies.   "
That sickens me. The website that can't value a free big ass box of Twinkies is a website I don't want to be a part of. 
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#76  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@crono11:
Nice.  Looking forward to it.
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Grissefar

Giant Bomb is the best it's ever been. How about just being happy that Giant Bomb even exists?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By rjaylee

We're only 14 days into the new year after all the GOTY content we were given over the holiday season, and people are already complaining about:

• A lack of content in what is already a slow time of the year for any gaming news.
  • Missing out on I Love Mondays video for just one, single week (which in my opinion would be better served as a text article).
  • Paid membership vs. non-paid membership squabbles.
  • The lack of mailbag videos when you really don't have any idea if they've even received anything of unique or video-worthy notability, therefore bringing about unfounded rumors that they aren't doing it anymore (hell I don't even know, so don't make assumptions).
  • The temporary cutting away of Question of the Week, because they simply weren't receiving any quality responses - to which it's already been made public that the format of this is changing.
  • The current disappearance of WU-TANG, even though Ryan has already made mention that it is coming back for another season this year.
  • A complete and utter non-quantifiable statement like saying Giant Bomb is "losing it's soul". Had you said you don't find them entertaining as of late, you may have an actual real opinion - but no.

Giant Bomb, I am STRONGLY dissapoint. Seriously, some of you fucking fail. Hard.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BraveToaster

Giantbomb had a soul?

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By NickLott

I had no idea having fewer random videos constituted they were "losing their soul". Seems overdramatic.  

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Skytylz

The time of the p4 er is over, it will never be that good again.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#82  Edited By ThePickle

We get even more tomfoolery. Office vids used to be 2-3 mins back in the old office. Now they're like 15-30 mins, plus the intern stuff (Kessler Kam & Lemon Lens)

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RVonE

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By sjosz

Seems a bit dramatic to state GiantBomb is losing its soul, it's merely focusing the fun stuff to happen in a more organized way (which is fine by me).

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By hexx462
@Sjosz said:
" Seems a bit dramatic to state GiantBomb is losing its soul, it's merely focusing the fun stuff to happen in a more organized way (which is fine by me). "
It's the internet, of course someone will be irrationally  dramatic and declare something dead. Business as usual.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ProfessorEss

Yeah you got it all wrong man.
It's still the same, it's just not spontaneous, and you have to pay to see it, but otherwise they still got it baby.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By Dany

your over reactions are unfounded.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lockwoodx

@Kibblez said:

" @Buzzkill said:

" @Kibblez said:
That's why you're a subscriber? "
Oh of course because only subscribers have opinions on the site "
The only opinions that matter to them. 

This site is turning into the TNN of gaming sites. They should just host the Spike awards here.
shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By shadyspace

I think after more and more regular exposure to the community through things like TNT and Happy Hour, they've been pulling back. I think one of the premier goals of GB was a half-way decent online video game-centric community. Which has obviously been a miserable failure. The building of the Chat was an especially horrible idea.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You know that ever since they moved to the new office, they've kinda been busy doing their real job, so they haven't necessarily had time to be doing nonsense on camera. The preparations of the big live live show live will have taken up most of their time when they first moved into the office, and after that finished there were a shitload of games coming out that they had to review & stuff. Those kinda take priority over dicking about on camera. And they still found plenty of time to dick about on camera too, TNT's and Happy Hours are regular weekly content that pretty much amounts to that, and Kessler Kam's and Lemon Lenses did a great job of providing that kind of content too.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By mutha3
I sort of agree, yeah. Don't care much for TNT and care even less for their written content. I wish  they'd come up with something new as entertaining as the ER was back in the day.

@SoothsayerGB: 

This post is the best thing to have come out of this thread. 

...Ignoring the tinfoil-hat insanity for a second, the community can be a little creepy sometimes, yeah. The people hounding their life-streams of the most mundane ass shit in the world especially come to mind.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#92  Edited By LordAndrew
@audiosnag said:
" @SoothsayerGB:   .....the fuck you on about? "
He's making up for the lack of Hitman in this thread. Jeff purposefully got himself fired so he could start another site that had a very good chance of failing completely. It makes perfect sense as long as you don't think about it.
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Hourai

I dunno, it's been pretty much the same as it's ever been. I've only been watching the Quick Looks and TNT and that's plenty enough for me.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#94  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
@Laketown said:
"you know why we don't have any more mailbags? because they've already seen most of the stuff once. QOTW is dead because no one ever sent videos for it. and WUTANG is coming back fairly soon, and asking for endurance runs is stupid since it does interfere with their regular job   so yeah it's just you "

If I remember correctly we had like two mailbags last month, and they were both quite long videos. 
Maybe they just stockpile them for longer videos.
Palaeomerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Palaeomerus
@heatDrive88 said:

" We're only 14 days into the new year after all the GOTY content we were given over the holiday season, and people are already complaining about:

• A lack of content in what is already a slow time of the year for any gaming news.
  • Missing out on I Love Mondays video for just one, single week (which in my opinion would be better served as a text article).
  • Paid membership vs. non-paid membership squabbles.
  • The lack of mailbag videos when you really don't have any idea if they've even received anything of unique or video-worthy notability, therefore bringing about unfounded rumors that they aren't doing it anymore (hell I don't even know, so don't make assumptions).
  • The temporary cutting away of Question of the Week, because they simply weren't receiving any quality responses - to which it's already been made public that the format of this is changing.
  • The current disappearance of WU-TANG, even though Ryan has already made mention that it is coming back for another season this year.
  • A complete and utter non-quantifiable statement like saying Giant Bomb is "losing it's soul". Had you said you don't find them entertaining as of late, you may have an actual real opinion - but no.

Giant Bomb, I am STRONGLY dissapoint. Seriously, some of you fucking fail. Hard. "

So go make a #@#$ing rage comic about it then.  

That way you can vomit up your stale memes all over those few people who still care about weak unsolicited fanboy snark from faceless self righteous bozos.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#96  Edited By Undeadpool

As a follow-up, I'm watching the Happy Hour right now. It's BASICALLY what you describe as missing. Norman Chan live is currently pretending to be Will Smith in a pre-recorded Will Smith video. Also, Jeff and Ryan just played ZHR. So yeah, I think they've got PLENTY of "soul" left, you just need to actually seek it out.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#97  Edited By StarvingGamer

So if Giant Bomb loses its soul...  Does that mean it becomes a Giant Zomb...?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#98  Edited By Undeadpool
@StarvingGamer: +1 Internet for you, sir. Well done.
core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By core1065
@Kibblez: Ditto. I've been with this site from the Arrow pointing down days and this has been the best its been.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Sambambo

Live show, TNT, lemon lens stuff along with many qls and live streams of Ryan and jeff getting home.

What else do you need...