Killzone 2 is a FLOP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Hexpane
crunchUK said:
"Osaladin said:
.  It's kind of annoying how many people keep trying to compare FPS games to Halo as if it is the crowning achievement of the gaming world.
thats because it's pretty much this and last generation's leading FPS"
Only to XBOTs kid.  No one else but XBOTs think that Halo is "this and last generations leading FPS" not by a long shot
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By OmegaPirate

In theory it could also mean people prefer rts games to fps games and has nothing to do with the content

Stats can be interpreted in many ways.

Most of them wrong
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By PowerSerj
crunchUK said:
"Also halo 1 is the highest rated FPS of all time, halo 3 is the 3rd (after orange box and bioshock)"
So many things wrong with this statement...
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
CrunchUK, Dr_Cash, and Lind_L_Taylor    are the 3 biggest trolls at GB. they worship the xbox and M$ like the Repulicans worships Rush Limbaugh. oh, and they are bunch of fucking morons, ignor anything they say or post...

OH AND MODERATOR!! PLEASE LOCK THIS POST....THANK YOU.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Shut up kid, you know nothing.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This thread is a FLOP!!!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By crunchUK
Hexpane said:
"crunchUK said:
"Osaladin said:
.  It's kind of annoying how many people keep trying to compare FPS games to Halo as if it is the crowning achievement of the gaming world.
thats because it's pretty much this and last generation's leading FPS"
Only to XBOTs kid.  No one else but XBOTs think that Halo is "this and last generations leading FPS" not by a long shot"
Please you bash halo to attempt to be cool. Funnily enough the critics seem to agree with me.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By shadows_kill
Dr_Cash said:
"I guees my big problem with Killzone in general is the story The whole Helguist enemy is pretty lame. They are just kind of noring and dumb to really care about."
o wow um. so um you don't think that having a enemy in a shooter is lame.... ok then......

Dr_Cash said:
"The problem with Killzone 2 is it really brang nothing new to the table. I can only imagine how bad COD 6 Modern Warfare 2 will smack it."
can you tell me what does halo brings that is new to the table? and whats cod 6 going to add that is so good?

also learn to freaking type. there are WAY to many misspelled words.
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

CrunchUK, Dr_Cash, and Lind_L_Taylor    are the 3 biggest trolls at GB. they worship the xbox and M$ like the Repulicans worships Rush Limbaugh. oh, and they are bunch of fucking morons, ignor anything they say or post...

PRETTY PLEASE........

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Usually we call a game a flop when it fails to deliver what it promises, not sales.  I honestly don't think any sane person thought it would outsell Halo Wars.  I do think Killzone 2 is the better game, but no way in hell would it outsell that.  Like it or not, Halo Wars does have the halo fiction and is getting a ride from Halo 1,2,3.  It is a good game though, it deserves sucess by itself all being said.

As for game quality, Killzone 2 is exactly what I expected.  It's a more than solid shooter with the best graphics on a console.  Looking at this realistically, will I be playing this a year from now?  Hell no. It really isn't that good.  That being said, it's probably on par with something like Vegas for me.  It's not like another particular shooter on the Ps3 that was rated about the same that is full of meh (but not bad, just good).

Killzone 2 is definately a good game.  I highly recommend it, just don't expect this to be the Ps3's proper response to Halo, because it really isn't. If you just look upon it realistically throwing away all hype from previews/forums/etc.  you'll be able to take it from videos alone, for the most part.
(i finished the campaign and I've basically been playing versus since)

shadows_kill said:

"Dr_Cash said:
"I guees my big problem with Killzone in general is the story The whole Helguist enemy is pretty lame. They are just kind of noring and dumb to really care about."
o wow um. so um you don't think that having a enemy in a shooter is lame.... ok then......

Dr_Cash said:
"The problem with Killzone 2 is it really brang nothing new to the table. I can only imagine how bad COD 6 Modern Warfare 2 will smack it."
can you tell me what does halo brings that is new to the table? and whats cod 6 going to add that is so good? also learn to freaking type. there are WAY to many misspelled words. "

That's the biggest joke response I've heard.  Killzone 2 is like Call of Duty in so many ways, it's essentially an extremely well done, if a bit generic shooter. 

I know people are going to call me a huge halo fanboy for mentioing halo in a postive light in a thread, but Halo is easily one of the more unique shooters available.  I could mention dozens of things it brings to the table.  Hell, just look at pretty much anything done in console shooters since 2001, it's pretty much a result of halo. Key words, pretty much.  Then there's lots of things other shooters haven't copied from it or couldn't.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By shadows_kill
Dr_Cash said:
"Halo Wars is killing it in sales in the US."
have they even said how much each game has sold? all i know is the VG estimate of 750,000 for kz2 (which is off since there where 1.1 million reserves in europe alone (unless most of the people didnt pick up there game...)
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:
have they even said how much each game has sold? all i know is the VG estimate of 750,000 for kz2 (which is off since there where 1.1 million reserves in europe alone (unless most of the people didnt pick up there game...) "
It's obvious.   Seriously, I don't think you even need VgCharts for this. 

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By shadows_kill
SmugDarkLoser said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:
have they even said how much each game has sold? all i know is the VG estimate of 750,000 for kz2 (which is off since there where 1.1 million reserves in europe alone (unless most of the people didnt pick up there game...) "
It's obvious.   Seriously, I don't think you even need VgCharts for this.  "
i mean ya i know they both will sell alot but i would rather know exact numbers......

and thanks for telling him the real definition of a flop smug.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#64  Edited By LordAndrew
SmugDarkLoser said:
Not like you'd ever need VG Chartz anyway, since they basically just make up sales numbers.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By shadows_kill
SmugDarkLoser said:
"As for game quality, Killzone 2 is exactly what I expected.  It's a more than solid shooter with the best graphics on a console.  Looking at this realistically, will I be playing this a year from now?  Hell no. It really isn't that good.  That being said, it's probably on par with something like Vegas for me."
if it matters i will be playing it most likely for about a year :P and its above vegas....vegas sucks
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By crunchUK
shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:

Dr_Cash said:
can you tell me what does halo brings that is new to the table? and whats cod 6 going to add that is so good? also learn to freaking type. there are WAY to many misspelled words. "
Halo brought the table.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
shadows_kill said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:
i mean ya i know they both will sell alot but i would rather know exact numbers......and thanks for telling him the real definition of a flop smug."
who cares? both are likely to be successful, exact numbers don't really matter.
I'd imagine both will be at a million soon. I'd put Halo Wars ahead, but not necessarily by a huge margin.

Halo Wars will have legs though.  Killzone 2 will have  shorter ones..
Why?  It's essentially great shooter vs. great rts with halo fanbase.

People like me still have to pick up there copies of halo and stop leeching off of their friends for gametime.  I'd personally buy this for the halo fiction alone as well as many others.  Like the universe a lot.  Not a hugely deep story so far, but it is a story of a huge scope. And you know, it's just sort of neat.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
shadows_kill said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"As for game quality, Killzone 2 is exactly what I expected.  It's a more than solid shooter with the best graphics on a console.  Looking at this realistically, will I be playing this a year from now?  Hell no. It really isn't that good.  That being said, it's probably on par with something like Vegas for me."
if it matters i will be playing it most likely for about a year :P and its above vegas....vegas sucks"
Vegas sucks?  Really?  Which Vegas are we talking about?
It's probably the best revival to a series in recent time.

It doesn't seem to appeal to the COD crowd (which is the killzone crowd?) do to the fact that although it seems like it on surface, it plays nothing like that game.  It throws lots of people off.

Here's something that i think both of us can agree on though:  It's much better than Gears 2.  I'd probably rate it on par with Gears 1 though.
Gears 2 though, my god, that game is incredibly average in the mp department.  Pretty good single though.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By shadows_kill
crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:

Dr_Cash said:
Halo brought the table. "
no that was half life and counter strike.....
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By shadows_kill
SmugDarkLoser said:
"shadows_kill said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
if it matters i will be playing it most likely for about a year :P and its above vegas....vegas sucks"
Vegas sucks?  Really?  Which Vegas are we talking about?It's probably the best revival to a series in recent time. It doesn't seem to appeal to the COD crowd (which is the killzone crowd?) do to the fact that although it seems like it on surface, it plays nothing like that game.  It throws lots of people off. "
vegas 1. vegas 2 was a little better but it got boring :/ also if you played the old rainbow six games those where a ton better.

and yeah seems the cod crowd also is the killzone crowd.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I disagree.  Vegas is great.  The old rainbows were good, but not super special.  Granted though, they did essentially kill the tactics part, so I understand where you're probably coming from.  The old ones felt more like command games where you were part of a team, now it feels like most fps (as far as importance) and you're team takes a small role.

I pretty much threw out all relations between the two though, but for fans of the older games it must seem like an awful change.

I've talking about this all in context of Vegas 2.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By Shadow

Oh yeah?  Well, so is your face!

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SimpsonFan

Dr Cash, i smell a fanboy.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SimpsonFan

Dr Cash, i smell a fanboy.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By shadows_kill
SmugDarkLoser said:
"I disagree.  Vegas is great.  The old rainbows were good, but not super special.  Granted though, they did essentially kill the tactics part, so I understand where you're probably coming from.  The old ones felt more like command games where you were part of a team, now it feels like most fps (as far as importance) and you're team takes a small role.  I pretty much threw out all relations between the two though, but for fans of the older games it must seem like an awful change. I've talking about this all in context of Vegas 2. "
yeah the tactics part is definatly what made it great :P and i would rather them make it more like the originals but i don't see that happening.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By crunchUK
shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:

Dr_Cash said:
no that was half life and counter strike....."
Not really. Play either one of those games, then play halo straight after. you'll notice the giant leap for sure
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Oriental_Jams
crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:

Dr_Cash said:
Not really. Play either one of those games, then play halo straight after. you'll notice the giant leap for sure"
Not really, no. Sorry, in comparison to PC FPS-s of the day Halo was no leap. For a console FPS though, it was considerably better.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By shadows_kill
crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
" Halo brought the table. "
Not really. Play either one of those games, then play halo straight after. you'll notice the giant leap for sure"
maybe a small leap back.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
Meowayne said:
"People who think of video games in terms of flops and hits should gtfo."
This. Just because a game doesn't sell as well as another game doesn't mean it's less awesome. Okami, Psychonauts, and Valkria Chronicles were excellent games, and they didn't sell well at all. To my understanding, there's a smaller install base of PS3's in North America and Europe than there are 360's, so it only makes sense that it won't sell quite as many copies. And in Japan, the PS3 normally sells more strongly than the 360, but shooters don't sell very well there.
djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#80  Edited By djstyles92

half life is 40 times better than halo is
/thread

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By StaticFalconar

well if one sales number relative to another is what it takes for something to flop, then everything not Nintendo is a FLOP since the WIi and Wii sports and Wii play outsold even Halo 3. MAss effect? Mass failure, pokemon easily outsold that FLOP.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By crunchUK
shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
" Halo brought the table. "
maybe a small leap back. "
Seriously? think of all the things back in 2002 that halo did brilliantly. Vehicles, epic campaign soundtrack, health regen, friendlies, AI, controls, assault on the control room, 2 weapons only(, melee as a seperate button (instead of select crowbar as wepaon lol) . (not just dual analogue, remember driving that warthog for the first time ever?) and indeed the "many hit kill" and rock paper scissors gameplay that is so awesome.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By BiggerBomb
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

PRETTY PLEASE........

"

Crunch isn't a troll! =/
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By crunchUK
BiggerBomb said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

PRETTY PLEASE........

"
Crunch isn't a troll! =/"
indeed not, just unpopular opinions!!!
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
Bucketdeth said:
"Any game with the name HALO will sell more then Killzone, and if you zoom in close enough to any game the textures are bad, even crysis, go crawl back up master chief's ass."

Halo earned that. Its an amazing series, there is a goddamn reason they have a billion matchmaking games played already. ANd what this guy says is being said around quite a bit. And no, crysis doesn't show if you play at max settings. Seriously. lol. They don't look perfect, but they still look great when your pressed up against the textured object. And KZ has horrible textures beyond the weapons and the decent characters. Its a lot of lighting and motion blur and darkness that make KZ2 so attractive. I'm hoping the MP is amazing in the game, but the graphics at least are more then a little over rated.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
Bucketdeth said:
"Any game with the name HALO will sell more then Killzone, and if you zoom in close enough to any game the textures are bad, even crysis, go crawl back up master chief's ass."

Halo earned that. Its an amazing series, there is a goddamn reason they have a billion matchmaking games played already. ANd what this guy says is being said around quite a bit. And no, crysis doesn't show if you play at max settings. Seriously. lol. They don't look perfect, but they still look great when your pressed up against the textured object. And KZ has horrible textures beyond the weapons and the decent characters. Its a lot of lighting and motion blur and darkness that make KZ2 so attractive. I'm hoping the MP is amazing in the game, but the graphics at least are more then a little over rated.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By crunchUK
crunchUK said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

PRETTY PLEASE........

"
indeed not, just unpopular opinions!!!"
Miniman said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Crunch isn't a troll! =/"
He's just a dick."

see what i mean. People cry about me because they disagree
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jayge_
BiggerBomb said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

PRETTY PLEASE........

"
He tries (and fails) halfheartedly to troll me all the time.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
"

PRETTY PLEASE........

"
He tries (and fails) halfheartedly to troll me all the time."
Funny coming from giantbomb's resident supertroll
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"Funny coming from giantbomb's resident supertroll"
Case in point. I'm not a troll.
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By gesi1223
crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:

Dr_Cash said:
What giant leap is that?
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
Case in point. I'm not a troll."
oh yes you are and you know it
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
oh yes you are and you know it"
If I knew it, I'd probably admit it. Except I'm not, and I know I'm not, so I don't. C'mon. This is like, old x 1000 here.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
"Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
oh yes you are and you know it"
If I knew it, I'd probably admit it. Except I'm not, and I know I'm not, so I don't. C'mon. This is like, old x 1000 here."
this isn't over yet...
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95  Edited By Karmum
crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"crunchUK said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Dr_Cash said:

Dr_Cash said:
You'll notice both Half-Life and CS we're released prior to Halo (even the original Halo), and Half-Life revolutionized the FPS genre. At least, more than Halo.
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By eclipsesis

@Dr_Cash

You have got too get your facts right, for a whole week now Killzone 2 has been number 1 in the british sale chart, i think halo wars was about 7th. i personally feel that halo is a completely boring and generic sc-fi game with this whole idiot idea of american heroism in it. What do they have planned next for halo, a point and click, RPG, MMO, quiz game, party game its just getting bland and the baffling thing is that poeple like you keep on buying the game.

Killzone 2 is a awsome game not the best game but in my opinion its better than halo wars.

FYI not every FPS has to be COD, killzone is fine as it is none of the controls have to be changed,

FEED THE TROLL!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#97  Edited By Red

I for one, think that KZ2 will beat Halo Wars in sales. The audiences are totally different, but people don't really like RTSes. Yes, they probably won't know what it is, although the word will get out. Also, without an "M" rating, Halo Wars loses the "IT'S AN "M" GAME SO IT HAS BLOOD AND IT MAKES ME COOL" crowd.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TwoOneFive
Dr_Cash said:
"Halo Wars is killing it in sales in the US.And for me the game is only ok. I'm more honest and yes if you pay attention the game has some terrible low grade textures in some places. It's all lighting and mtion blur to hide this at first glance.Anyway the game gets boring after a bit. And becomes just another ok FPS game. Still does not hold a candle to Halo 3 and especialy COD4"
lol low grade textures? your a fucking moron, the game looks amazing. and halo wars is a testament to how far pathetic halo fanboys will go to maintain their meaningless allegiance. i guaran-fuckin-tee you never even played killzone 2 you troll. 
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

*scoff indignently* Im not considered one of the super trolls?! damn you all!   I'll have to troll even more now!