Killzone 2 is a FLOP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By shadows_kill
WilliamRLBaker said:
"*scoff indignently* Im not considered one of the super trolls?! damn you all!   I'll have to troll even more now!"
yeah you didnt make the cut
SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By SteamPunkJin
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"I don't think you're a real Doctor."
I'm starting to agree D:
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Hexpane
WilliamRLBaker said:
"*scoff indignently* Im not considered one of the super trolls?! damn you all!   I'll have to troll even more now!"
Not even close, you're just a tad "XBOT t3h baised!", nothing out of the ordinary.
MooseHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MooseHead

What's interesting is watching all the fanboys and trolls commenting on this one post. Basically fanboys exist because of their insecurities of owning an 360 than a PS3 and vice versa. Do they really have to justify why they bought whatever system so badly?? Killzone 2 is not a flop. In relation to PS3 sales its been a hit, most reviewers have reviewed this game saying this is the must own for a PS3 owner. It's not the best shooter out their but it is fun to play none the less. Same with Halo 3. It's fun but it wasn't as awesome as the original. Everyone has their own difference of opinion on multipayer. But in terms of owning a PS3, this is a different scene for players to enjoy a simply gorgeous game. Not the greatest but a decent one. Nothing to be insecure about owning Killzone 2. It's a miracle it actually was released. Besides, multiplayer gaming is on the PC for free.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#105  Edited By LordAndrew
crunchUK said:
"Funny coming from giantbomb's resident supertroll"
Dude, at least Jayge's posts have actual content in them.
But anyway, none of that's relevant, so let's try to get back to the original topic.
Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Guardian

Do we have any links in this thread? Or is it just fanboy bs?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By get2sammyb

Epic thread.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By Karmum
Guardian said:
"Do we have any links in this thread? Or is it just fanboy bs?"
Just a raging fanboy.
Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#109  Edited By Davvyk
Dr_Cash said:
"The problem with Killzone 2 is it really brang nothing new to the table. I can only imagine how bad COD 6 Modern Warfare 2 will smack it."
And at what point did Halo 3 bring anything new to the table!? One day people will view games as entertainment to be enjoyed instead of a means to talk trash.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By Karmum
Davvyk said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"The problem with Killzone 2 is it really brang nothing new to the table. I can only imagine how bad COD 6 Modern Warfare 2 will smack it."
And at what point did Halo 3 bring anything new to the table!? One day people will view games as entertainment to be enjoyed instead of a means to talk trash."
A casual shooter. That is what it did, made more people play the game than it should have.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By atejas

Levio changes his IP, buys a 360 and makes a new account.
Hilarity ensues.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#112  Edited By crunchUK
Karmum said:
"Davvyk said:
"Dr_Cash said:
And at what point did Halo 3 bring anything new to the table!? One day people will view games as entertainment to be enjoyed instead of a means to talk trash."
A casual shooter. That is what it did, made more people play the game than it should have."
So that's why halo tournaments have prize money that buys houses? Just because you only play games at a very low rank doesn't mean the game is casual. Hell if it weren't for matchmaking giving unskilled players unskilled opponents halo 3 would be completely closed off to a small minority who would absolutley dominate any new players.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By atejas
crunchUK said:
"Karmum said:
"Davvyk said:
"Dr_Cash said:
A casual shooter. That is what it did, made more people play the game than it should have."
So that's why halo tournaments have prize money that buys houses? Just because you only play games at a very low rank doesn't mean the game is casual. Hell if it weren't for matchmaking giving unskilled players unskilled opponents halo 3 would be completely closed off to a small minority who would absolutley dominate any new players."
It's a simplistic, run and gun, auto-aim enabled shooter. And one of, like, 5 that are good on consoles.Those tournaments are ONLY because of it's rampant popularity. Not calling it bad, but by no means does it hold up to Quake, UT, or Tribes competitively.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By crunchUK
atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
"Karmum said:
"Davvyk said:
"Dr_Cash said:
So that's why halo tournaments have prize money that buys houses? Just because you only play games at a very low rank doesn't mean the game is casual. Hell if it weren't for matchmaking giving unskilled players unskilled opponents halo 3 would be completely closed off to a small minority who would absolutley dominate any new players."
It's a simplistic, run and gun, auto-aim enabled shooter. And one of, like, 5 that are good on consoles.Those tournaments are ONLY because of it's rampant popularity. Not calling it bad, but by no means does it hold up to Quake, UT, or Tribes competitively. "
As i said, how many games at level40+ of halo have YOU played?
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Captain_Fookup
crunchUK said:
As i said, how many games at level40+ of halo have YOU played?"
Your ignorance makes my dick hurt, clearly you never played the Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-life, Soldier of Fortune, or Tribes series. The only thing you know is the fucking Halo series and nothing else and the only thing Halo did was bring FPS to the masses. That's it end of fucking discussion child.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By crunchUK
Captain_Fookup said:
"crunchUK said:
***epic denial***
your post, minus the flaming. Seriously grow up

Anyway same question to you. I think it's your ignorance we should all be pointing at
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By atejas
crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
"Karmum said:
"Davvyk said:
"Dr_Cash said:
It's a simplistic, run and gun, auto-aim enabled shooter. And one of, like, 5 that are good on consoles.Those tournaments are ONLY because of it's rampant popularity. Not calling it bad, but by no means does it hold up to Quake, UT, or Tribes competitively. "
Seen MORE than enough to assure you that it involves practically no skill compared to a PC FPS.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By crunchUK
atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
Seen MORE than enough to assure you that it involves practically no skill compared to a PC FPS.

"
ahahahahahahahaha you think fiesta slayer is competitive halo?? XD thanks for showing off your epic ignorance
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By Jayge_

That video reminds me of Team Arena Master in UT. Quake 3 and TAM/other competitive modes in UT do kick the shit out of halo though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By penguindust

I picked up and started Killzone 2 yesterday.  I've only reached the 3rd story stage so far, having just defeated the two heavies at the monorail station.  I think it's a very detailed game that flows pretty easily.  I'm playing it on the 3rd difficultly level so there is a challenge for my meager FPS skills.  I will never ever say I have much talent in that genre, but level 2 seemed too easy during the landing mission so I bumped it up a notch.  Anyway, the lighting, dust effects and semi-destructible enviornments are really spectacular if you take the time to notice them.  However, pushing along through each level, I can easily see how those details could be missed.  Often during Killzone 2, I feel as I am having the same amount of fun, which is considerable, as I had while playing Gears of War 2.  Gears and Killzone both have a similarly brown-gray urban decay look to their settings and have a group of teammates that follow you around sometimes helping out other times getting in the way.  In both games, I found myself rescuing them more than I would have liked.  The lack of a strong lead in both games is another shortcoming in both games, in my eyes.  I'm sorry, Marcus and Sev seem pretty interchangeable as standard grizzled soldier stereotypes.  This isn't to say that I believe that Master Chief has any more depth than either of those two, but he does have a presence.  The Spartan has an iconic look which is engaging even if what's beneath the armor is hollow.  Which brings me to the Halo Wars subject of this thread.  While I am disappointed that Killzone maybe having trouble appealing to the PS3 market, I'm happy that Ensemble Studios last great hurrah is a hit.  That developer has provided me was pleanty of hours of enjoyment through their Age of Empires games, and I'm glad their last release wasn't a sales disappointment.   All in all, I'm having a good time with Killzone 2, so far.  Whether or not it becomes a blockbuster doesn't mean much to me as long as the game's quality is good.  And, for the most part, Killzone 2 is pretty good.  It has some definite flaws, but not enough to deter me from continuing onward.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By atejas
crunchUK said:
ahahahahahahahaha you think fiesta slayer is competitive halo?? XD thanks for showing off your epic ignorance"
Show me a video, then.
One that comes close to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMn1tj5-Nc
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RetroIce4

What they Brang was just oh so Noring...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By crunchUK
atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
ahahahahahahahaha you think fiesta slayer is competitive halo?? XD thanks for showing off your epic ignorance"
Show me a video, then.One that comes close to this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMn1tj5-Nc"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fOgiwMfKE&feature=related

And in response to the excuse/subjective opinion you are already coming up with, just jump intlo team slayer with me, and play a game of 40s, which is far from the most compttitive degree of halo but my you'll get a shock
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
Show me a video, then.One that comes close to this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMn1tj5-Nc"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fOgiwMfKE&feature=relatedAnd in response to the excuse/subjective opinion you are already coming up with, just jump intlo team slayer with me, and play a game of 40s, which is far from the most compttitive degree of halo but my you'll get a shock"
Not bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to what Atejas posted.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#125  Edited By RHCPfan24

Wow. I love how Biff makes the initial sections of this thread very entertaining, but then it turns into an argument over a lot of inane topics. Thank you, Jayge, for keeping the trolls at rest. They are popping up their ugly heads now in greater numbers.

Another observation: SmugDarkLoser doesn't always say extremely stupid things. I don't want to be a total dick to him because I think he has been experiencing the -1 of every single post he makes, and he isn't happy about it. Hey, the guy needs a break now and then. Just put your -1's in a new, great place: Dr. Cash. He brang a lot of flame to this thread in the first place.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fOgiwMfKE&feature=relatedAnd in response to the excuse/subjective opinion you are already coming up with, just jump intlo team slayer with me, and play a game of 40s, which is far from the most compttitive degree of halo but my you'll get a shock"
Not bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to what Atejas posted."
hnmm
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"hnmm"
For objectivity's sake, I will say that both videos are damn impressive, given the controller vs. mouse/keyboard handicap.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BiggerBomb

This has turned into a bash crunchUK thread, and that's not cool. Be nice, people, be nice.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#129  Edited By albedos_shadow

Wait, this thread didn't die?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BiggerBomb
albedos_shadow said:
"Wait, this thread didn't die?"

Unfortunately, no.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By atejas
crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
That is pretty good. Although honestly, the aiming does look a lot slower than the quake vid.
But that's not Halo's fault per se. It's part and parcel of using a controller.
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Gruff182

He's not a troll, hes a prat. Theres a big difference.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By crunchUK
atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
That is pretty good. Although honestly, the aiming does look a lot slower than the quake vid.But that's not Halo's fault per se. It's part and parcel of using a controller."
well yeah, because the players move a lot slower. The teamwork is much more important than aiming though
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Dr_Cash

lets just be honest. Why yes Killzone is a good looking game although way over rated in graphics.

Honestly though Halo 3>>>>>>Killzone 2 for breakfest lunch and dinner. I pure fun factor games modes and user base and logevity.

Now to be even more honest 1999 PC alltime classic Unreal Tournament. >>>>>> still destroys almost anything today.

But I will say that Killzone 2 is way better then Killzone 1. But come on people Killzone is Halo's bitch and this will never change. Killzone will always carry Halo's jock strap.

And watch what happens when Halo 4 launches with Xbox 720. Can you say OMG Sony will be shivering in there boots awaiting further bitch smacking.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By brukaoru
Dr_Cash said:
"And watch what happens when Halo 4 launches with Xbox 720. Can you say OMG Sony will be shivering in there boots awaiting further bitch smacking."
Yes because we all know Sony has no other games to rely on than First Person Shooters, they will clearly cower in fear of the new Halo.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Dr_Cash
brukaoru said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"And watch what happens when Halo 4 launches with Xbox 720. Can you say OMG Sony will be shivering in there boots awaiting further bitch smacking."
Yes because we all know Sony has no other games to rely on than First Person Shooters, they will clearly cower in fear of the new Halo. "

I'm just saying with a Halo 4 to launch with the new 720 it will mean a MASSIVE launch for MS and Sony will surley know this is big sales for MS. Anyone that denies that a Halo 4 launch with a new 720 would not be massive needs to come see me for some pills.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#137  Edited By RHCPfan24
Dr_Cash said:
"brukaoru said:
"Dr_Cash said:
Yes because we all know Sony has no other games to rely on than First Person Shooters, they will clearly cower in fear of the new Halo. "
I'm just saying with a Halo 4 to launch with the new 720 it will mean a MASSIVE launch for MS and Sony will surley know this is big sales for MS. Anyone that denies that a Halo 4 launch with a new 720 would not be massive needs to come see me for some pills."
What pills may these be? Red or blue? Well, it seems as though you are living in a bit of a one-sided world right now. The Hellguist are not noring and they can brang some shooter love to the PS3. Please, just shut up about this system wars crap.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jayge_
Dr_Cash said:
"lets just be honest. Why yes Killzone is a good looking game although way over rated in graphics.Honestly though Halo 3>>>>>>Killzone 2 for breakfest lunch and dinner. I pure fun factor games modes and user base and logevity.Now to be even more honest 1999 PC alltime classic Unreal Tournament. >>>>>> still destroys almost anything today.But I will say that Killzone 2 is way better then Killzone 1. But come on people Killzone is Halo's bitch and this will never change. Killzone will always carry Halo's jock strap.And watch what happens when Halo 4 launches with Xbox 720. Can you say OMG Sony will be shivering in there boots awaiting further bitch smacking."
Dr_Cash said:
"I'm just saying with a Halo 4 to launch with the new 720 it will mean a MASSIVE launch for MS and Sony will surley know this is big sales for MS. Anyone that denies that a Halo 4 launch with a new 720 would not be massive needs to come see me for some pills."
Jayge said:
"I like this guy. He's really consistent. His posts consist of nothing but three factors:

1. PS3 games have worse graphics/are worse in general than 360 games no matter what.   CHECK
  2. Xbox 360 games are god's descendants and have brilliant graphics no matter what.           CHECK
  3. His follow-up posts are generally more retarded than his initial posts.                                     CHECK
Good troll. I award him a solid B."
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
Dr_Cash said:
"Opps sorry for the mis spells I meant boring. It's true the whole Helguist story is pretty lame."
Well sense most people didn't play part 1, the story picks up alot from part 1 so theres alot they don't tell you
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"lets just be honest. Why yes Killzone is a good looking game although way over rated in graphics.Honestly though Halo 3>>>>>>Killzone 2 for breakfest lunch and dinner. I pure fun factor games modes and user base and logevity.Now to be even more honest 1999 PC alltime classic Unreal Tournament. >>>>>> still destroys almost anything today.But I will say that Killzone 2 is way better then Killzone 1. But come on people Killzone is Halo's bitch and this will never change. Killzone will always carry Halo's jock strap.And watch what happens when Halo 4 launches with Xbox 720. Can you say OMG Sony will be shivering in there boots awaiting further bitch smacking."
Dr_Cash said:
"I'm just saying with a Halo 4 to launch with the new 720 it will mean a MASSIVE launch for MS and Sony will surley know this is big sales for MS. Anyone that denies that a Halo 4 launch with a new 720 would not be massive needs to come see me for some pills."
Jayge said:
"I like this guy. He's really consistent. His posts consist of nothing but three factors:

1. PS3 games have worse graphics/are worse in general than 360 games no matter what.   CHECK
  2. Xbox 360 games are god's descendants and have brilliant graphics no matter what.           CHECK
  3. His follow-up posts are generally more retarded than his initial posts.                                     CHECK
Good troll. I award him a solid B."
"
rofl
Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"I don't think you're a real Doctor."

haha, excellent!
jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By jondavis

Is this a joke?

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#143  Edited By clubsandwich

stfu, this ain't fagspot tc, fuck off.

papero2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By papero2

Although i share your opinion about killzone2 sales, really wtf..

In terms of Quality. killzone2 is as good as  a FPS game gets.
You are saying Halo3 is even better... a almost 3 year old game with average graphics(in 2007)
- no experience system
- no classes(turrets, spawn points, air support, revive, heal, repair, cloak, disguise, etc....)
- no squads (hud with health and abilities of your squad and private chat)
- no warzone (this right here is what killzone2 gives to the FPS genre. its pure genius)
- 16 players max (killzone2 is 32)
- no real clan support
- no bots
- just take a walk around killzone2 maps........

Really if you can explain what halo3 multiplayer has that makes it better than killzone2(other than the awesome matchmaking) go ahead and try.
Im really tired of people attacking this game just because is a ps3 exclusive.
GuerillaGames really went all out and not just matched that insane trailer. They worked their asses to make a awesome new multiplayer mode.
I felt that bungie just added some new grenades and put a 3 on the box. well that happens when you are on the top.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#145  Edited By BigBoss1911

Warzone is kickass,one gamemode to another with no loading.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By crunchUK
papero2 said:
"Although i share your opinion about killzone2 sales, really wtf..In terms of Quality. killzone2 is as good as  a FPS game gets.You are saying Halo3 is even better... a almost 3 year old game with average graphics(in 2007)- no experience system- no classes(turrets, spawn points, air support, revive, heal, repair, cloak, disguise, etc....)- no squads (hud with health and abilities of your squad and private chat)- no warzone (this right here is what killzone2 gives to the FPS genre. its pure genius) - 16 players max (killzone2 is 32)- no real clan support- just take a walk around killzone2 maps........Really if you can explain what halo3 multiplayer has that makes it better than killzone2(other than the awesome matchmaking) go ahead and try.Im really tired of people attacking this game just because is a ps3 exclusive. "
calculation fail
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By thiago

I love how Americans like to spin the numbers. Killzone is number 1 in many places, mostly Europe where they had over a million pre-orders. Besides, the "first week" many refer too was only Friday and Saturday, i.e., 2 days! Haha. The game was released in the 02/27 in the US and the first week ended 03/06.

Xbots are desperate.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#148  Edited By clubsandwich
thiago said:
"I love how Americans like to spin the numbers. Killzone is number 1 in many places, mostly Europe where they had over a million pre-orders. Besides, the "first week" many refer too was only Friday and Saturday, i.e., 2 days! Haha. The game was released in the 02/27 in the US and the first week ended 03/06.Xbots are desperate."
this ain't system wars guys, no need for those kiddie insults like xbots, if you want that go to fagspot.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Jayge_
thiago said:
"I love how Americans like to spin the numbers. Killzone is number 1 in many places, mostly Europe where they had over a million pre-orders. Besides, the "first week" many refer too was only Friday and Saturday, i.e., 2 days! Haha. The game was released in the 02/27 in the US and the first week ended 03/06.Xbots are desperate."
I love how Europeans are so quick to make ridiculously huge generalizations about Americans.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By thiago

I am not European and I speak the truth. The same thing happened with Metal Gear Solid 4, where the so called "games media" and fanboys were saying that game sold only little over a million units and some weeks later Konami released their 2008 data and let everybody know they sold over 5 million MGS4 units in 6 months and it was their main source of revenue last year.

This is pure spin. The PS3 fails (despite the fact that it has sold more in the same span of time than the 360), the games doesn't sell (when reality contradicts it), etc.

Killzone 2 is the best FPS made to date and it is a system seller. It perfects everything FPSes have, but also introduces some game changing innovations like the cover mechanics and leveling up system for multiplayer. It is going to sell similarly to MGS4.

Give up, please. Don't make yourself look like a fool.