Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always and we have a good deal of stuff worth going over this week. Ryan now has his very own Wikipedia article! Please do not try to fill it in with ridiculous information. If you are the artistic type Rorie is interested in user created banner art for the Giant Bomb YouTube Channel. Finally for any of you that were fans of teh NDX podcast Jeff has posted a .zip file containing every episode over here.
Clips of the Week
TheBurlapLemur has the latest edition of his Bitesize Bomb video feature that works to encapsulate the best moments of every Quick Look on Giant Bomb. Also, and I am going to go to Hell for this, here's the ending to Man Enough," as seen on this week's Unprofessional Fridays:
- The Giant Bomb iRacing Racing League - Learn How to Join the Driving Madness Over Here!
There have been issues with the wiki so all I have is the wacky concept page of the week which is "Windshield Wipers."
Best of Blogs
Silentz0r created the banner for this week. Video_Game_King on the other hand played Bit.Trip Runner and 3-D Worldrunner and shares his thoughts about them MarkWahlberg finally struck The Witcher 2 and Castlevania Lords of Shadows whereas Colourful_Hippie discusses why he's ready for the next generation. Hamst3r went on another roadtrip and has a video of his latest adventure for you to enjoy. ArbitraryWater played a bunch of random games including Shadowrun Returns, whereas Mento took a note from him and played a handful of old PC games. Chaser324 gives you a list of games from a recent Game Jam. Sparky_Buzzsaw confesses his love for Omerta and Blackwell Legacy. Gamer_152 tries his best to give comprehend and respond to the Phil Fish controversy, whereas RecSpec gives a summary of a recent Fighting Game controversy. Stubbleman decided to give Death by Degrees a shot, and similarly MooseyMcMan revisited Dead Rising to complete some unfinished business. Having finally gotten around to BioShock Infinite GrantHeaslip discusses his disappointment with the game part of the game. Pufferfiz recently participated in a game jam and shares what he was able to make. Buckybit is still trying to download 50 Steam games on his Linux computer and gives a status update, similarly dietomaha shares how he plans to make enough money to buy a full priced game selling Steam Cards.
- Wake Up, Giant Bomb! (By: @silentz0r)
- YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM MY RENEGADE EGO! (By: @video_game_king)
- I Think I'm Ready for Next-Gen (By: @colourful_hippie)
- Witchervania: He Who Fights Monsters (By: @markwahlberg)
- Road Trip - Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore and More... (By: @hamst3r)
- A Blog About Some Random Games (By: @arbitrarywater)
- Madule Modness (By: @mento)
- Game Jam Roundup - Mini-LD 44 aka #7dRTS (By: @chaser324)
- Sparky's Update - Blackwell Legacy, Omerta: City of Gangsters (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
- Gone Fishin' (By: @gamer_152)
- So I Got This Brilliant Idea to Play Through Death by Degrees (By: @stubbleman)
- My Seven Year Quest Comes to an End (By: @mooseymcman)
- BioShock Infinite: An Amazing World, but Not an Amazing Game (By: @grantheaslip)
- FGC Tourist: Marvel on Da Beech and Playing Your Best (By: @recspec)
- The Power of Paid Free Time (By: @pufferfiz)
- Installing 50 Steam Games on Linux Part Deux (Games 12-27) (By: @buckybit)
- Crystal Dynamics Should Take a Page from Miasmata (By: @granderojo)
- One Man’s Quest to Get a $60 Game for Free (By: @dietomaha)
What happens when you mix Napoleon with Ryan? Check out Rexcellent's work of art to find out! jgray on the other hand has created a musical tribute to BioForge worth giving a listen to. TurboMan has created a new and improved version of the Wrestling Discussion Thread. If you have been playing Cloudberry Kingdom talk about the crazy levels that you have seen or experienced on the discussion thread. Also feel free to talk and discuss the release of Super Drake Tracker 2000 EX and support stalking John Drake. Finally name and explain your favorite video game characters that have never been playable.
- General Ryan T. Davis (By: @rexcellent)
- BioForge Song - Sinfonia di Tempesta (By: @jgray)
- The Wrestling Discussion Thread [NEW AND IMPROVED] (By: @turboman)
- Cloudberry Kingdom Discussion Thread (By: @csl316)
- Super Drake Tracker 2000 EX Discussion Thread (By: @bacongames)
- Game Characters You Wish You Could Play As? (By: @terramantis)
Sparky_Buzzsaw has a problem, he's noticed a recent trend in games that he thought would be bad are actually good and has started creating a list of said games that you can check out. l33t_haxor on the other hand ranks every single game in the Mario franchise in order of his preference.
- Games that Shouldn't be Great (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
- Ranking the Mario Platformers Including Spin-Offs (By: @l33t_haxor)
Useful User Reviews
- @arbitrarywater's user review of Shadowrun Returns
- @dimsey's user review of Shadowrun Returns
- @mento's user review of Shadowrun Returns
- @machofantastico's user review of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
User Created Podcasts
- Steve, Pascual, & Patrick Klepek Podcast & Steve, Pascual, & Kessler Talk to GaymerX Founder, Matt Conn. LGBT in Gaming Community
- Giant Bomb Community Podcast Ep 18: Something Fishy
- The Mighty Electronic Box (Week of 07/29/13)