The New BSHAF: Yes, we Really DO mean "NEW"

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Edited By Jensonb

Hey there Giant Bomb! Bomb Should Have A Face, the first of many wonderful Giant Bomb Community Podcasts is getting a re-vamp! After a lot of thought and considerable heated discussions (Fueled by Red Bull and Irn-Bru, like all good heated discussions), The BSHAF Crew has decided on a few changes we can make to help improve the entertainment factor of the show, and get the Community even more involved than ever!

So, what's new?

Okay, so, you may have noticed our relatively half-assed attempt to format the show around a formal structure which didn't necessarily work. We're ditching it. From now on, rather than being divided into a few segemnts, some of which are not needed (I'm looking at you "Whatcha Been Playin' AKA MattBodega's 20 Minute WoW Rant), we're going to be doing just one segment, a roundtable discussion.

What are we going to discuss? Giant Bomb and it's Community! Yep, that much is unchaged, we're still a show about all the great stuff that relates to this site's community, we're just changing the way we discuss it.

We're also removing the rigid cast size of 4 Hosts and a Guest. From now on, we're letting people sign up and hop on any episode and join in the discussion, much like a Bombing Run. You can even join in if you forget to sign up, so long as we have your Skype details and you drop us an IM or something saying you're in. I'm also exploring ways to get people who can't necessarily be on the Skype call more involved, without having to resort to the IRC. Stay tuned for that.

Remember, if you need any help with the tech that goes into doing this, PM one of the Hosts/Producers and we'll do our best to assist (We've been trhough a lot of the pitfalls of these methods ourselves already).

One way you can get involved is reccomending Topics. All you have to do is PM TokyoChicken, Myself or MattBodega. Or, if you're going to be on the episode, just IM us the link during the show Prep. We do have plans to focus certain episodes on specific themes, but most of them will jsut be general Giant Bomb Community Madness, so if you see something awesome...Send it in!

Alright...So...Now what?

Well, if you're interested in appearing on The New BSHAF (Specifically the "First Episode"), all you have to do is sign up in this Topic, leaving us a note of your Skype name (Or PMing it to one of the Hosts if you don't want it to be Public knowledge). The show is recording this Sunday (May 24th) at Noon New York Time. Here's a quick table of various times by location:

LocationTime
 New York
 12 Noon
 San Francisco
 0900 (9AM)
 United Kingdom
 1700 (5PM)
Sydney, Australia
Mon 0200 (2AM)
Montreal, Canada
12 Noon
Universal Time Code/Greenwich Mean Time
1600 (4PM)

Not all epsidoes will necessarily record at this time, to make it a bit easier for our friends in the Southern Hemisphere to take part.

Anyway, that's The New BSHAF! We're excited to get going, so if you're interested in joing in witht he first one, let us know! The show is a lot more flexible now, so if you don't decide to take part, give the new format a listen and feedback to us so we cna explore any further changes we might need to make.

Thanks for your time Giant Bomb Community, we love ya!
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jensonb

Hey there Giant Bomb! Bomb Should Have A Face, the first of many wonderful Giant Bomb Community Podcasts is getting a re-vamp! After a lot of thought and considerable heated discussions (Fueled by Red Bull and Irn-Bru, like all good heated discussions), The BSHAF Crew has decided on a few changes we can make to help improve the entertainment factor of the show, and get the Community even more involved than ever!

So, what's new?

Okay, so, you may have noticed our relatively half-assed attempt to format the show around a formal structure which didn't necessarily work. We're ditching it. From now on, rather than being divided into a few segemnts, some of which are not needed (I'm looking at you "Whatcha Been Playin' AKA MattBodega's 20 Minute WoW Rant), we're going to be doing just one segment, a roundtable discussion.

What are we going to discuss? Giant Bomb and it's Community! Yep, that much is unchaged, we're still a show about all the great stuff that relates to this site's community, we're just changing the way we discuss it.

We're also removing the rigid cast size of 4 Hosts and a Guest. From now on, we're letting people sign up and hop on any episode and join in the discussion, much like a Bombing Run. You can even join in if you forget to sign up, so long as we have your Skype details and you drop us an IM or something saying you're in. I'm also exploring ways to get people who can't necessarily be on the Skype call more involved, without having to resort to the IRC. Stay tuned for that.

Remember, if you need any help with the tech that goes into doing this, PM one of the Hosts/Producers and we'll do our best to assist (We've been trhough a lot of the pitfalls of these methods ourselves already).

One way you can get involved is reccomending Topics. All you have to do is PM TokyoChicken, Myself or MattBodega. Or, if you're going to be on the episode, just IM us the link during the show Prep. We do have plans to focus certain episodes on specific themes, but most of them will jsut be general Giant Bomb Community Madness, so if you see something awesome...Send it in!

Alright...So...Now what?

Well, if you're interested in appearing on The New BSHAF (Specifically the "First Episode"), all you have to do is sign up in this Topic, leaving us a note of your Skype name (Or PMing it to one of the Hosts if you don't want it to be Public knowledge). The show is recording this Sunday (May 24th) at Noon New York Time. Here's a quick table of various times by location:

LocationTime
 New York
 12 Noon
 San Francisco
 0900 (9AM)
 United Kingdom
 1700 (5PM)
Sydney, Australia
Mon 0200 (2AM)
Montreal, Canada
12 Noon
Universal Time Code/Greenwich Mean Time
1600 (4PM)

Not all epsidoes will necessarily record at this time, to make it a bit easier for our friends in the Southern Hemisphere to take part.

Anyway, that's The New BSHAF! We're excited to get going, so if you're interested in joing in witht he first one, let us know! The show is a lot more flexible now, so if you don't decide to take part, give the new format a listen and feedback to us so we cna explore any further changes we might need to make.

Thanks for your time Giant Bomb Community, we love ya!
albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By albedos_shadow

Skype name is Matthew Morrison.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
@Lies: lulz. I hate that show
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Coltonio7
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Wait wait wait...so let me get this straight.  Rather than 4 hosts and a guest...it's going to be a bunch of people talking over each other on Skype?  I don't understand exactly how you worded that.  I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to be listening to what essentially could become a failed Onyxia raid (and Bodega should totally understand what I mean by that if he ever did 40 mans).

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By End_Boss

Nice to see it all laid out and official-like, Jensonb.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Otacon

Worth seeing how it works, I'll be up for it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

So this is what Disgaeamad is going on about. Unfortunately I think I agree with him.
When I agreed to be on the show six weeks ago, I was agreeing to be on the show as it existed at the time. I didn't agree to this, and I'm not sure I'd want to be a part of this.

I'll give it a listen, but based on what I'm reading it sounds like it might end up being an unstructured mess. But hey, at least this eliminates all that pesky "planning" nonsense.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

This sounds risky to me. It could end up being a complete mess. If it works, it should be awesome. I've often thought about something interesting to say on a subject you were talking about on the BSHAF, but obviously it's a podcast, so I couldn't. The idea of a giant round table could be awesome, allowing people to give their views. Unfortunately, it might not work well, and could end up like a massive unstructured mess. I hope it works.

Also, I definately won't be able to make it to the first recording. Although if it works, and you guys do more of these, then I'll try to be available for other ones.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jensonb
@LordAndrew: Disgaeamad was in a panic because he misunderstood. He's okay with it now.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Disgaeamad
Jensonb said:
@LordAndrew: Disgaeamad was in a panic because he misunderstood. He's okay with it now.
It's more of a "Ok, that's not as bad as I thought." I agree with the comments others have made that it might end up being a huge, huge mess. But hey, if you guys manage it, then it's sound.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Gizmo

I'd love to participate with this one day.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Tylea002

I'd love to join in, my skype name is Tylea002.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By mracoon

I thought BSHAF was too unstructured already so I'm sceptical if you can make this work. I'll listen but if it gets too crazy then I might have to stop.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#16  Edited By JackiJinx

Blah blah blah, I'm interested, you know my sn, expect me there.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jensonb
@JackiJinx: Good-oh, we look forward to it.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jensonb

I think a few of you might feel a bit better about all this if you read my response to Sweep's Blog on the subject here.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK

I might feel better about it if i saw any point in listening to podcasts....

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ZeroCast

Totally up for some BSHAF, the name is zero_cast.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dalai

I may have to get in on this thing called BSHAF.  I'll eventually give out my Skype name... not here.  Too many witnesses.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jensonb

Everyone who has signed up, you just got a PM with the Topics.