Are you into airsoft or paintball

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CreamyGoodness

do you enjoy combat sports?? i do i enjoy both.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I like airsoft a lot.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Systech

When I got into airsoft, everyone around me started doing paintball instead. Jerks.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i also enjoy both

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Im breaking my airsoft virginty on the 8th of feburary :D cant wait!!!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
OmegaPirate said:
"Im breaking my airsoft virginty on the 8th of feburary :D cant wait!!!"
Wha'cha getting?
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I love paintball, but unfortunately I don't drive and cannot get out to the local woods often enough to really play as much as I'd like.  Great sport, though, and there's nothing like playing King of the Mountain on a real freakin' mountain!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dalai

I'm more of a water balloon guy myself.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I like airsoft. Only have a small handgun, but its nice as long as the CO2 tanks are new.

Dalai said:

"I'm more of a water balloon guy myself."
That's more like it!
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
Jayge said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"Im breaking my airsoft virginty on the 8th of feburary :D cant wait!!!"
Wha'cha getting?"
No idea, just getting taken by my girlfriends work mates as ive never been before :D Hes lending me this gun for it though
No Caption Provided
and this is the place we are going :- http://www.phoenix-airsoft.co.uk/

He goes regularly :) if i like it (i love paintball) then im sure illb e going regularly too!
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Hamz

I'm into paintballing and its a real blast to play for sure, never had a rush like it. Infact I remember being crouched behind a log in a bush and suddenly getting cramp in a leg only to find my cries of pain were replaced with girlish screams of agony as 6 other people zoned in on me and painted me bright pink.....

Can someone explain airsoft to me? I mean my knowledge of an air rifle is that its sort of dangerous to shoot someone with. How exactly does paintballing differ from airsoft?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_
Hamz said:
"I'm into paintballing and its a real blast to play for sure, never had a rush like it. Infact I remember being crouched behind a log in a bush and suddenly getting cramp in a leg only to find my cries of pain were replaced with girlish screams of agony as 6 other people zoned in on me and painted me bright pink.....

Can someone explain airsoft to me? I mean my knowledge of an air rifle is that its sort of dangerous to shoot someone with. How exactly does paintballing differ from airsoft?"
Airsoft/BB guns shoot 6mm circular pellets of varying weights (.12, .20, .25 grams, etc.). They do it either by using gas (stored in the magazine) to induce a semi-automatic effect, electricity to automatically pull back the spring, or hand-power to simply cock the gun every time. It's all based on springs. It differs from Paintball in that paintball uses large canisters of compressed CO2 to propel the paint, while Airsoft uses springs. Also, paintballs are exponentially more expensive than BBs.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Jayge said:
"Hamz said:
"I'm into paintballing and its a real blast to play for sure, never had a rush like it. Infact I remember being crouched behind a log in a bush and suddenly getting cramp in a leg only to find my cries of pain were replaced with girlish screams of agony as 6 other people zoned in on me and painted me bright pink.....

Can someone explain airsoft to me? I mean my knowledge of an air rifle is that its sort of dangerous to shoot someone with. How exactly does paintballing differ from airsoft?"
Airsoft/BB guns shoot 6mm circular pellets of varying weights (.12, .20, .25, etc.). They do it either by using gas (stored in the magazine) to induce a semi-automatic effect, electricity to automatically pull back the spring, or hand-power to simply cock the gun every time. It's all based on springs. It differs from Paintball in that paintball uses large canisters of compressed CO2 to propel the paint, while Airsoft uses springs. Also, paintballs are exponentially more expensive than BBs."
and leave bigger bruises :), thats if you are like me and have friends that shoot you from like 10 feet away
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
CreamyGoodness said:
"and leave bigger bruises :), thats if you are like me and have friends that shoot you from like 10 feet away"
That too. Quarter-sized (no point of reference for the British XD) vs. Dime-sized.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hamz
Jayge said:
"Airsoft/BB guns shoot 6mm circular pellets of varying weights (.12, .20, .25 grams, etc.). They do it either by using gas (stored in the magazine) to induce a semi-automatic effect, electricity to automatically pull back the spring, or hand-power to simply cock the gun every time. It's all based on springs. It differs from Paintball in that paintball uses large canisters of compressed CO2 to propel the paint, while Airsoft uses springs. Also, paintballs are exponentially more expensive than BBs."
lol alright thats semi helpful except I do own an air rifle and know how they work etc. What I mean't more is how can airsoft guns be used in a game similar to paintballing? I've been shot at close range in the leg by an air rifle while wearing jeans, didn't really hurt much compared to a paintball gun which resulted in a numb leg for a few minutes.

I guess what I'm asking is this, is airsoft exactly like paintballing but with BB guns?

And yeah paintballing is pretty ridiculous in its costs compared to airsoft guns.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Hamz said:
lol alright thats semi helpful except I do own an air rifle and know how they work etc. What I mean't more is how can airsoft guns be used in a game similar to paintballing? I've been shot at close range in the leg by an air rifle while wearing jeans, didn't really hurt much compared to a paintball gun which resulted in a numb leg for a few minutes.

I guess what I'm asking is this, is airsoft exactly like paintballing but with BB guns?

And yeah paintballing is pretty ridiculous in its costs compared to airsoft guns.
also air soft is more teamwork based. With the guns varying from shit- specialized, it is important to have a group of people who can support each other.  So you can have a couple main assault guys, a sniper, and maybe a support gunner. It is alot more realistic that way to. But you can do what me and my friends do. Just go run into some woods, put on masks, and shoot the the shit out of eachother for hours on end.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
Hamz said:
"lol alright thats semi helpful except I do own an air rifle and know how they work etc. What I mean't more is how can airsoft guns be used in a game similar to paintballing? I've been shot at close range in the leg by an air rifle while wearing jeans, didn't really hurt much compared to a paintball gun which resulted in a numb leg for a few minutes.

And yeah paintballing is pretty ridiculous in its costs compared to airsoft guns."
You haven't been shot by a hardcore airsoft gun then :-D. Airsoft guns are never really allowed to roll faster than close to 300 feet per second or so, while a nice airsoft rifle will be running 350+, minimum.

Airsoft is like paintballing, pretty much. I like it better because of all the different roles you can play in airsoft with different guns, vs. trying to play different roles with roughly the exact same setup in paintball.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Jayge said:
"Hamz said:
"lol alright thats semi helpful except I do own an air rifle and know how they work etc. What I mean't more is how can airsoft guns be used in a game similar to paintballing? I've been shot at close range in the leg by an air rifle while wearing jeans, didn't really hurt much compared to a paintball gun which resulted in a numb leg for a few minutes.

And yeah paintballing is pretty ridiculous in its costs compared to airsoft guns."
You haven't been shot by a hardcore airsoft gun then :-D. Airsoft guns are never really allowed to roll faster than close to 300 feet per second or so, while a nice airsoft rifle will be running 350+, minimum.

Airsoft is like paintballing, pretty much. I like it better because of all the different roles you can play in airsoft with different guns, vs. trying to play different roles with roughly the exact same setup in paintball.

"
isnt that what i said? :)
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_
CreamyGoodness said:
"isnt that what i said? :)"
Yeah but we said it at pretty much the exact same time o.O
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Jayge said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
"isnt that what i said? :)"
Yeah but we said it at pretty much the exact same time o.O"
OIC
deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deathfury

There is an old abandoned construction site near my house, so I get some of my friends over and we play airsoft for the day, paintball is just to expensive.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Karmum

Neither, but if I had to pick, I guess it would be paintball.

PartTimeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By PartTimeNinja

I used to be big into airsoft... but now I just don't have time to do that sort of thing.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RandomHero666

iv only ever been paintballing once, and it was soooo awesome, i really wanna do it again soon.

As for airsoft..ing, no i havent, i have a few of them, one being illegal now =[(shoots steel bb's and darts)
My other one a smith & wesson, tis so powerful the slide blew off in my face about 3 months after i got it(i got the shitty plastic slide version, cant find a metal slide anywhere) so it wouldnt really be suitable to shoot people with, its the closest to being illegal airgun there is, shoots hardened white 6mm's.

I dont understand though, wouldnt it be easy to cheat in airsoft? I mean theres nothing on anyone to indicate they have been shot.. no paint

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jayge_
RandomHero666 said:
"iv only ever been paintballing once, and it was soooo awesome, i really wanna do it again soon.

As for airsoft..ing, no i havent, i have a few of them, one being illegal now =[(shoots steel bb's and darts)
My other one a smith & wesson, tis so powerful the slide blew off in my face about 3 months after i got it(i got the shitty plastic slide version, cant find a metal slide anywhere) so it wouldnt really be suitable to shoot people with, its the closest to being illegal airgun there is, shoots hardened white 6mm's.

I dont understand though, wouldnt it be easy to cheat in airsoft? I mean theres nothing on anyone to indicate they have been shot.. no paint"
It works on an honor system. Thankfully, most players are truthful. It's actually surprising.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to paintball all the time in the boreal forest here in Labrador, lots of good woods for it.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BoG

I have always thought that both are stupid and pointless, but airsoft moreso then paintball. Airsoft is like paintball except it doesn't hurt and it doesn't leave a mark. LAME.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By tec3297

I hate airsoft
I hate paintball
Both are meaningless
Well, to me at least

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#29  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I used to airsoft a lot with my friends but we stopped due to how crappy the guns we use are (and I don't feel like putting down money on any more) and also because we couldn't decide a scoring system for playing.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Optiow

Paintball for me, it is cool.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Gunner

I used to be way heavy into paintball. Speedball to be more specific, with balloon-like bunkers and whatnot. Had to give it up though because it got insanely expensive.

airsoft (to me anyways) seems like more of a role-play type of sport, ive seen guys dress up in full SWAT uniforms.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By teh_destroyer

I have never played AirSoft before,I used to do paintballing as a kid but i sadly no longer have the cash nor time to do it anymore 

:(.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gizmo

I have been paintballing twice. I really, really enjoyed myself. Of course, I was the bomb carrier, and subsusquently, got shot about 300 times. Let's just say I wasn't fapping for a few weeks.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Out_On_Bail

airsoft for training, paintball for fun.

But my preference is real guns, the SAW to be exact. :)

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Black_Raven

I've never done airsoft but I've gone paintballing a few times.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#36  Edited By citizenkane

I used to be into paintball back in high school, but not much anymore.  I still have my gun and equipment.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#37  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
Thomas said:
"I hate airsoft
I hate paintball
Both are meaningless
Well, to me at least"
Everybody's entitled to their opinion, of course, but what about good old exercise and the fun of team sports?  It's just another way to have a blast with friends.