No recent wiki edits to this page.
Pocket Fighter (Also known as Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix
in North America)
is an arcade game released by Capcom for it's CPS-2 arcade system
, and was later ported to the WonderSwan
, Sega Saturn
, as well as to the PlayStation 2
in Street Fighter Alpha's Anthology Collection
. Pocket Fighter is a "super deformed
" or "chibi" take on Capcom's fighting series, by offering a new animesque graphical style, where all the characters are dramatically shrunken in size. The game could be considered a parody or homage from Capcom to it's fighting series, due to the fact that it has a large variety of cameos/playable characters from all it's different fighting series, such as; Chun Li, Ryu and Zangief who are from Street Fighter II, Ibuki from Street Fighter 3, Morrigan and Felicia, from the Darkstalkers series and Tessa from Red Earth.
Unlike many other fighters, Pocket Fighter has a relatively simple control scheme. In Pocket Fighter, only a punch, kick and "special" button is used, which in turn makes the game much easier and accessible to beginners. Another feature that is not included in other fighters, is the use of gems to control what special moves your character can do. These gems are dropped when you hit an opponent or a treasure chest. The more gems you collect of one color, the more powerful the special move is that relates to that color. In relation to other series that Capcom produced, each character keeps his/her own special move. Another unique feature of Pocket fighter, is the addition of power-ups - you can collect food to decrease damage on the health bar, as well as collect "orbs" that have some special function, such as a bomb that can be thrown, or turn the player into ice.
- Elena is eating some ice cream.
- Blanka is inside the ice shop.
- Rikuo is inside the snakes mouth while his son Alba cheers him on.
- Dhalsim washes the elephants back with his long arms while his wife sits ontop of it.
- Two Sasquatch are reaching for the banana's while Mai-Ling is in their way.
- The snake in the background is possibly a reference to Blanka's Street Fighter II stage that also shares a photographer like this one. Some say the Snake maybe akin to the one from the first Resident Evil game.
- Guy is hiding on the very left.
- Jon Talbain is ontop of the giant plate of food while Gen is in front of it.
- At the first table Birdie, M.Bison and Sodom eat while Fei-long sits above them and Rolento is seen crawling on the ground.
- The second table has Victor and Bishamon.
- Under the sign near the dragon is Adon.
- All alone in the right hand corner sits Charlie.
- A panda riding ontop of a ball will roll on by. This is the same panda and ball that Hsien-Ko turns into when hit by Anakaris' Pharoahs Curse.
Demitri's Moving Castle
- Jedah is laying on the red rug. This form of Jedah is the one he transforms into during Demitri's Midnight Bliss.
- Demitri teleports and slides across the floor.
- The portrait above is also seen in Demitri's Darkstalkers stage as well as in one of Anita's attacks in Marvel Super Heroes; only in Pocket Fighter the man is shown cross dressing from the waist down.
- Ghouls are seen lugging in Demitri's throne. The girls on this stage appear in various versions of Demitri's other stages.
- The iron maiden on the far right belongs to Donovan.
- Blodia from Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness is seen in the background. Blodia is piloted by Jin Saotome.
- M.Bison and Cammy are looking into the toy shop while Donovan is above on the balcony searching for a lost Anita who, is only around the corner, in front of the toy shop.
- Balrog is seen looking at a giant Chun-li toy or doll with B.B.Hood and Jon Talbain are to his right.
- The shop windows has many references to Plasma Sword including in the top right window, Rimgal (the Dinosaur), the face of Bistein in the left bottom window and a hologram of June.
- The windows also feature Darkstalkers refrences, a small bat in the top left window, a Hsien-Ko toy in a sled being pulled by pandas, the snowmen seen in various Sasquatch moves and poses as well as his Pharoahs Curse form. Rikuo is also seen in his Pharoah's curse form as a frog latched onto the window.
La Menkoi Ski Resort
- Vega is seen wearing no shirt in the cold.
- M.Bison is seen sitting on a sled, laughing.
- The two girls outside of the igloo are from Bishamon's Darkstalkers: Night Warriors stage while Bishamon and Sodom are inside of the igloo. The dog, Taro, outside and the statue are also references to Bishamon's stage.
- Above the stage, Oro is latched to the the ski lift sleeping, a Sasquatch is holding onto a line nearby while Balrog is trying not to fall off a broken chair.
- In the background Yun and Yang will appear flying through the air one on skis and one on a snowboard.
Moonlight Dark Castle
- Jon Talbain is seen howling at the moon.
- In the carriage sits one of Morrigan's servants.
- This stage is also a reference to Morrigan's Darkstalkers stage as the fountains are from the game.
- Lilith appears sitting above the chest, on the window as long as Morrigan isn't fighting on the stage.
- Leo is seen polishing his sword while sitting in the chair in front of the fireplace.
- Felicia, as long as she's not fighting, will appear on the floor napping.
- The ghost in the bed is from one of Tessa's attacks while a portrait of her appears on the wall.