Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

This is just loser talk.

• 76 results
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    News - Console War: It's A Two-Horse Race, Not Three     

See Full Image

This has to stop. And while I'm certain the Wii fans out there will quickly scoff and say, "that's just because you know that Sony or Microsoft has no hope of catching Nintendo in terms of sales," that's hardly the point. The point - for the six millionth time - is that the Wii is not in direct competition with the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

With the recent surge of the PS3, the question has returned: can Sony catch Nintendo? Can it "win" this generation as far as overall sales are concerned? Well, considering the huge lead the Wii has, it seems unlikely or, at the very least, it'll take a while for the PS3 to catch up. However, all of this is irrelevant as it seems clear to me that while the PS3 and 360 target a certain demographic, the Wii targets an entirely different demographic. And now, with the release of the stellar Uncharted 2, it becomes even more evident that the PS3 and Wii offer completely different entertainment experiences. Now, in no way am I saying one is "better" than the other, but I have yet to know anyone who actively plays the Wii and also owns a PS3 and 360 and if they do, it's so they can play with the kids or with a spouse. The bottom line is that the PS3 and 360 are here to drive the industry forward in a certain area; in the realm of technology and overall advancement. The Wii gives us an alternate interactive experience, and that is perfectly viable - obviously - but if you don't think Gears of War 2 and Wii Resort don't cater to different people looking for different things, you're out of your mind.

I've said it before and I always catch a lot of flak for it, but I think it's that my words are misinterpreted. When I say the Wii caters to the non-gamers out there, I'm saying it successfully attracts those who never once touched a video game controller before Nintendo's new system. And when I say the other two are for gamers, it's because those who have loved the hobby with a passion for many years are - typically - more drawn to that type of progressive software. I use Uncharted 2 as an example simply because it really proves that we're looking at a gap - a widening gap - between PS3/360 software and Wii software. As I predicted a long time ago, the Wii would blast off quick but the software would begin to lag and if you haven't noticed, it seems almost impossible that a Wii game will ever compete for Game of the Year in 2009 or in the future. Honestly, it's not fair, anymore. You can't compare Forza 3 or Modern Warfare 2 to anything on the Wii; that's a ridiculous comparison.

Hence, it's also ridiculous to compare the sales numbers. Once again, this isnot a knock against the Wii; I'm simply saying it's different; that it goes after a different group of people. Yes, I'm sure there are those of you who own all three systems but I can pretty much guarantee that very few of you play each of those three consoles equally... And for my part, I only know people who either own a PS3 and 360 or a Wii and nothing else. They're either into video games, or they're into this new fad of interactive entertainment the Wii created. There's nothing wrong with any personal preference but considering what we're seeing from Sony and Microsoft in 2009 and beyond, we really need to stop comparing all three sales numbers as if the games on all three are somehow similar, and that consumers purchase all three for similar reasons. Just...stop.

This has to stop.           Just...stop.
     Yes please.  This is sad and you are just embarrassing yourself. 

The point - for the six millionth time - is that the Wii is not in direct competition with the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.     
    Oh really?  They both play games right? 

However, all of this is irrelevant as it seems clear to me that while the PS3 and 360 target a certain demographic, the Wii targets an entirely different demographic.
     They all target the same demographic - consumers.  Oddly enough, the PS3 and 360 also have their share of games that target exactly the same audience as the Wii, and with playing catch-up on motion controls, they will be targeting them even more.  It is silly to think that the PS3 and 360 is not trying to target as many consumers, young, old and in between as possible. 

And now, with the release of the stellar Uncharted 2, it becomes even more evident that the PS3 and Wii offer completely different entertainment experiences.      
    What elitist nonsense.  Unchartered 2 is just another (excellent) game, like many before it.  It isn't and hasn't redefined gaming as we know it.  Who could inane enough to believe this.  

but I have yet to know anyone who actively plays the Wii and also owns a PS3 and 360 and if they do, it's so they can play with the kids or with a spouse.      
    This guy mixes in a very small world, clearly.  I actively play my Wii and use it more than my 360, by a long way.  I play car racing games and JRPG most on the 360.  My youngest only uses the 360 for JPRG and my eldest never plays the 360.  Yet both always use the Wii.  This kind of poor passive-aggressive generalisation is pure fanboy rant. 

The bottom line is that the PS3 and 360 are here to drive the industry forward in a certain area; in the realm of technology and overall advancement.    
      No, the PC does that and the console plays catch-up.  They play games.  Exactly what kind of "overall advancement" is he thinking?  They play games!  Now they do it with pretty graphics.  How is the Wiimote motion controls not advancing the industry?  If it isn't, why are Sony and Microsoft folloing? 

When I say the Wii caters to the non-gamers out there, I'm saying it successfully attracts those who never once touched a video game controller before Nintendo's new system. And when I say the other two are for gamers, it's because those who have loved the hobby with a passion for many years are - typically - more drawn to that type of progressive software.      
    On that basis, then the PS2 was not in competition with the Gamecube and Xbox, so now we can say that the Xbox just won the last gen sales chart.  If the PS2 had all the hardcore gamers last gen, why do we not have 100 million + owners of the PS3?  Surely they are progressive and they moved with the times right?   

I see only 2 types of gamers, traditional and casual.  They will play whatever console offers them some fun.  It was the PS2 and is now the Wii, but, with very healthy sales of the PS3 and 360.  All 3 consoles offer something to the traditional and casual.  Segregating the Wii is just loser speak for being disappointed that the Wii has sold more.  It is sad and funny at the same time.

considering what we're seeing from Sony and Microsoft in 2009 and beyond, we really need to stop comparing all three sales numbers as if the games on all three are somehow similar, and that consumers purchase all three for similar reasons.
     What are we seeing?  Games?  Why do consumers buy any of the 3 consoles again?  To have fun and play games?  The reasons are exactly the same. 

This is from PSX Extreme, so, well, what would expect, but fanboy nonsense like this is stupid.  The sales of the consoles as they stand don't matter.  Sure, there is bragging rights if so inclined, but none of them is about to do a Dreamcast and denial of the strengths of each of the libraries is only hurting yourself.

rant/
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Are the nasty people saying bad things about the Wii again?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " Are the nasty people saying bad things about the Wii again? "
    Hello my good friend HD.  No, they were not.  But they were saying some silly things.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

No, Nintendo said long before the Wii even came out that it wasn't going to be in direct competition with other consoles

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nail1080

Nice use of the bold....not

I couldn't take it anymore, stopped reading after a few lines...

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

Console wars are getting pretty dull. Well, they always were but this article certainly doesn't help.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By End_Boss

Dude, who cares?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " No, Nintendo said long before the Wii even came out that it wasn't going to be in direct competition with other consoles "
    That was just marketing speak and market positioning, it means nothing.  They take the same space in stores, so the competition is direct.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Hello my good friend HD.  No, they were not.  But they were saying some silly things. "
    It's lucky you're countering that with sensible winner talk. I'm sure the folks over at Playstation Extreme are devastated by this rebuttal.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

It's just the Wii...

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Hello my good friend HD.  No, they were not.  But they were saying some silly things. "
    It's lucky you're countering that with sensible winner talk. I'm sure the folks over at Playstation Extreme are devastated by this rebuttal. "
    True.  They have already signed up and flooded my inbox  ^-^
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By vidiot

I don't see anything too radical from this opinion. 
    I didn't think that the Wii is not in direct competition with either the 360 or PS3, at least that's what Nintendo has stated multiple times. His reasoning over who plays on the Wii and why is a bit off. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator

If you participate in a console war, you are a juvenile idiot. Every console has good and bad points. Stop running in circles by repeatedly pointing out what they are.

Pepsicolaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Pepsicolaboy
    @End_Boss said:
    " Dude, who cares? "
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    It's lucky you're countering that with sensible winner talk. I'm sure the folks over at Playstation Extreme are devastated by this rebuttal. "
    True.  They have already signed up and flooded my inbox  ^-^ "
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16  Edited By Symphony
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Console wars are getting pretty dull. Well, they always were but this article certainly doesn't help. "
    The console wars ended after the "Sega does what NintenDONT" ad campaigns, imo.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Deusoma

Yeah, gotta agree with that guy on a few points. He's dead wrong that there's no one out there that plays both 360/PS3 and Wii equally, but the Nintendo Wii is in a category all its own, and isn't trying to be a hardcore gaming console. So no, it's not in competition with the more powerful systems.

You, on the other hand, are taking such empty, nitpicky stances as "they all play games, don't they?" and "they all target consumers", so I don't find much merit in any of your arguments.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Willy105

That's kinda sad. The Wii alone is competing against the other two consoles combined in sales, and it's winning.

@Symphony said:

" @eroticfishcake said:
    " Console wars are getting pretty dull. Well, they always were but this article certainly doesn't help. "
    The console wars ended after the "Sega does what NintenDONT" ad campaigns, imo. "

That's where the whole thing really originated. It wasn't anywhere this violent in the days of Atari and Colecovision. They tried to start the System Wars, but nobody cared. It was the Nintendo vs. Sega one that people actually started to care which piece of plastic was better than the other.

Of course, without Sega to keep igniting wars, now the three console manufacturers don't even care anymore. Even Reggie, who was quick to bash the other two consoles, now just sits back in his chair and watch it all roll out.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Symphony said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    The console wars ended after the "Sega does what NintenDONT" ad campaigns, imo. "
    True, since at the time Nintendo and SEGA were really getting at each other's throats at the time. Nowadays it's really just websites and fanboys that do all the talking. I couldn't care less what they think though. I just want good games. Is that too much to ask?
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Willy105
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Symphony said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    True, since at the time Nintendo and SEGA were really getting at each other's throats at the time. Nowadays it's really just websites and fanboys that do all the talking. I couldn't care less what they think though. I just want good games. Is that too much to ask? "
    Well, we are getting great games from every console. Sure, a full blown System War would get more games out fast, but we can know enjoy games from all consoles instead of being forced to get only one console just because of what people will say.
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Brunchies

Fanboys wasting their lives is nothing new. =/

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Willy105: Exactly. Games aren't getting any cheaper though...PS1 games used to cost me £20-40. Now it's €60! SIXTY!
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By trophyhunter

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what's sad, fanboys having to make up theory's like this just to justify why their favorite console is getting raped in terms of sales. The Wii having more mass appeal doesn't stop it from being a video game console....this is pathetic

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Claude

I love being a 44 year old fanboy of the Wii. I can't stand the hateboys, they get on my last nerve. It's just so cool to hate the Wii. Anybody have any Dust Off, I need it for my 360.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Symphony
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Willy105: Exactly. Games aren't getting any cheaper though...PS1 games used to cost me £20-40. Now it's €60! SIXTY! "
    Actually...

SNES games cost upwards of $120. I remember paying over $100 for Super Street Fighter 2, Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger, EACH. It was insane.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ryanwho

So I wonder what happens when the tools Sony and MS created in order to be direct competition come out and the sales chart doesn't change.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho
    @Symphony said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Willy105: Exactly. Games aren't getting any cheaper though...PS1 games used to cost me £20-40. Now it's €60! SIXTY! "
    Actually...  SNES games cost upwards of $120. I remember paying over $100 for Super Street Fighter 2, Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger, EACH. It was insane. "
    The most expensive retail price you'd get would be around 70, which I paid for Mario RPG. I think you got swindled on the rest, I'm positive they all retailed for 60 or less unless you waited 5 years after they came out to track em down.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Diamond

Great, another fanboy driven thread for idiots...

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Symphony said:
    "Actually...  SNES games cost upwards of $120. I remember paying over $100 for Super Street Fighter 2, Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger, EACH. It was insane. "
    O_o

You mean at the present time yes? 'cause I used to trade in £10 for them when I was a kid. I even managed to buy a sealed copy of Zelda A Link To The Past for £15 when everyone was too busy with their Playstation. I suppose they are worth a lot more today but I will never sell my copy of Super Mario World that came with my SNES (even bought another working SNES for £30 that day).
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By AgentJ
    @Symphony said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    Actually...  SNES games cost upwards of $120. I remember paying over $100 for Super Street Fighter 2, Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger, EACH. It was insane. "
    Maybe in Canadia (sic)
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @AgentJ said:
    " @Symphony said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    Maybe in Canadia (sic) "
    Don't you know? Canadians gotta smuggle their videogames in the country from the 'States and Japan. She had to meet her dealer in some scummy alleyway and to pay $120 for the good shit!
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By oldschool
    @Diamond said:
    " Great, another fanboy driven thread for idiots... "
    It doesn't have to be though.  If you read my OP, I am critical of what is essentially a fanboy blog.   I can't stop an idiot claiming one console is better than another as fact.  I would expect mature commentary on Giantbomb that all the consoles are good if they are your thing, after all, this isn't Gamespot right? 

For those who don't care for these kinds of discussions, one question - why are you posting or even looking?
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Symphony
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @Symphony said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    Maybe in Canadia (sic) "
    Don't you know? Canadians gotta smuggle their videogames in the country from the 'States and Japan. She had to meet her dealer in some scummy alleyway and to pay $120 for the good shit! "
    It's true, we don't actually have video game stores here :(

Though I got SSF2 in the US and it was $100 (which was about $120 Canadian at the time), no smuggling involved.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ryanwho
    @oldschool said:
    " @Diamond said:
    It doesn't have to be though.  If you read my OP, I am critical of what is essentially a fanboy blog.   I can't stop an idiot claiming one console is better than another as fact.  I would expect mature commentary on Giantbomb that all the consoles are good if they are your thing, after all, this isn't Gamespot right?  For those who don't care for these kinds of discussions, one question - why are you posting or even looking? "
    Its really important for people who don't care that you notice how much they don't care. You must be new to the internet, sir.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By oldschool
    @Claude said:
    " I love being a 44 year old fanboy of the Wii. I can't stand the hateboys, they get on my last nerve. It's just so cool to hate the Wii. Anybody have any Dust Off, I need it for my 360. "
     My 360 hasn't been turned on for a month.  I wonder if it still works?

@ryanwho said:
    " So I wonder what happens when the tools Sony and MS created in order to be direct competition come out and the sales chart doesn't change. "
    Exactly my point.  If they are not in competition, why are they so actively chasing the same market?  My only real point is that you can't move the Wii to the side because it suits.  If the Wii had failed, you can just imagine them claiming the Wii was competition.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Diamond
    @oldschool said:
    " @Diamond said:
    It doesn't have to be though.  If you read my OP, I am critical of what is essentially a fanboy blog.   I can't stop an idiot claiming one console is better than another as fact.  I would expect mature commentary on Giantbomb that all the consoles are good if they are your thing, after all, this isn't Gamespot right?  For those who don't care for these kinds of discussions, one question - why are you posting or even looking? "
    I care because this is only going to bring more fanboy bullshit drama that we don't need.  Why do we need to discuss if Wii is or isn't in direct competition to 360 / PS3.  Why should the sales matter to anyone in a 'loser' 'winner' sense?  This isn't a constructive position to base a thread around.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oldschool
    @ryanwho said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @Diamond said:
    Its really important for people who don't care that you notice how much they don't care. You must be new to the internet, sir. "
    It's my first day  ^-^
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By KamasamaK

Yup, the title didn't disappoint. That's definitely loser talk.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oldschool
    @Diamond said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @Diamond said:
    I care because this is only going to bring more fanboy bullshit drama that we don't need.  Why do we need to discuss if Wii is or isn't in direct competition to 360 / PS3.  Why should the sales matter to anyone in a 'loser' 'winner' sense?  This isn't a constructive position to base a thread around. "
    I think it makes for an interesting discourse, but I can see you don't.  Fair enough.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Al3xand3r

Oldschool srsly, there's a billion articles like that, why care? Half the time fanboys say there's no competition, the other half they're rejoicing over the PS3 outselling the Wii for a week or a month, in region X or Y, then going quiet about sales when it evens out or when you mention totals...

Edit: Seeing the post above I just mean why care about this particular piece, it's just one of many. if you wanna discuss the subject, sure.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Symphony: No smuggling. All bribery.

Steep price to pay. You really wanted it didn't you? Then again, SNES cartridges are practically relics at this time so it's not a bad deal. Especially if it's a Street Fighter title.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oldschool

@Al3xand3r said:

"  Oldschool srsly, there's a billion articles like that, why care? Half the time fanboys say there's no competition, the other half they're rejoicing over the PS3 outselling the Wii for a week or a month, in region X or Y, then going quiet about sales when it evens out or when you mention totals...Edit: Seeing the post above I just mean why care about this particular piece, it's just one of many. if you wanna discuss the subject, sure. "

Because I saw this one.  It is true that so many don't care about sales except when the console of their choice is winning.  Then it seems to matter a lot.  Consistency isn't a strength of many of these types.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Damien

Different strokes for different folks. 

And

@Pepsicolaboy said:

" @End_Boss said:
    " Dude, who cares? "
    "
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By demontium
    @End_Boss said:
    " Dude, who cares? "
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SoothsayerGB
    @AgentJ said:
    " No, Nintendo said long before the Wii even came out that it wasn't going to be in direct competition with other consoles "
    In other words.  We know we can't compete, so we are becoming a novelty item.  Screw our old fans, we just want money.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @Deusoma said:
    " Yeah, gotta agree with that guy on a few points. He's dead wrong that there's no one out there that plays both 360/PS3 and Wii equally, but the Nintendo Wii is in a category all its own, and isn't trying to be a hardcore gaming console. So no, it's not in competition with the more powerful systems.

You, on the other hand, are taking such empty, nitpicky stances as "they all play games, don't they?" and "they all target consumers", so I don't find much merit in any of your arguments. "
     This. I agreed with most of his points, each system attracts different demographics.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Geno

I have to agree with the author of the article the OP is criticizing. The Wii is a toy, and broadly generalizing any game that comes out this generation as "a game" is just ignoring the facts. The person who buys games with last gen graphics and extremely simplistic gameplay is a different person than someone who buys Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2. Or Crysis on the PC for that matter. There are clear differences between the consoles and their demographics, if the market was just "consumer", then shut down the business schools, who needs market research anymore. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oldschool
    @Geno said:
    " I have to agree with the author of the article the OP is criticizing. The Wii is a toy, and broadly generalizing any game that comes out this generation as "a game" is just ignoring the facts. The person who buys games with last gen graphics and extremely simplistic gameplay is a different person than someone who buys Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2. Or Crysis on the PC for that matter. There are clear differences between the consoles and their demographics, if the market was just "consumer", then shut down the business schools, who needs market research anymore.  "
    The Wii is no more a toy than the PS3 or 360.  They are all toys.  A toy that plays games is a toy in the same marketplace.  When a company uses market demographics, it does not look to a demographic and only market to it.  It looks at the market as a whole and markets to all of it, but with an eye to certain demographics.  Gamers are the market and any ad appeals to them, the same and different all at once.  If you go in a game department, the games are all there, in the same spot.  You see a catalogue and all the games are there, on the same page.  The market that the Wii, PS3 and 360 is aiming for is the same market, broadly. 

Just as Sony is trying to get some of the market that Nintendo has cornered, with Eye Toy, Singstar, Virtual Pet and upcoming motion controls, Nintendo is trying to get with RPG and mature games.  Again, they try to appeal to all and then do other things to specifically target certain key demographic types.  A consumer does not go, "shall I buy a 360 or PS3 to play games", no, they say "shall I buy a 360, PS3 or Wii to play games".  Of course many will buy more than one, but to say that the Wii is not playing to the same market as the PS3 or 360 is dead wrong.  If it were, Microsoft and Sony wouldn't even think about Nintendo, but they do, so much as to try and encourage the consumer to buy one of theirsto go with that Wii they have.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#50  Edited By ArbitraryWater

What is the point of this thread? You actively sought out an anti-Wii article from a Playstation fansite just so you could take it apart? Yes Old School, I get that you think the Wii is the shit, but we don't need to be reminded of your opinion every 5 minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.