#601 Posted by Eirikr (1010 posts) -

Rename: Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV) -> Flynn

that's his name

Rename: Steven -> Stephen

They spell it this way in the English ver. of SMT4, which is his first localized appearance

Didn't catch this in time, but Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV) should have stayed. While "Flynn" is kind of an unofficial official name, appearing as a default during the naming sequence, he's never called that by any official means, always "Hero" or "Main Character." If anything, Flynn should appear as an alias while the name should revert back to Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV).

#602 Edited by Cirdain (3147 posts) -

'The Stanley Parable: HD Remix' is now to be called 'The Stanley Parable'.

However 'The Stanley Parable: HD Remix' should probably be an alias.

Orders come from on high. Also it's still having an image gallery problem.

#603 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -

In a weird twist, Red Coin Games doesn't own the RCT rights so RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is officially called DreamPark Tycoon, please rename.

And I guess keep the RCT4 name as an alias since that's what they announced it as.

#604 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -
#605 Posted by Marino (4761 posts) -

@def: It's not ALTTP, so it's not ALBW.

#606 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -

@marino: huh? why on earth is it not ALTTP? who came up with that? those two both need changing desperately!

#607 Edited by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -
#608 Posted by Fuguman (16 posts) -

I made a post previously in another board, but looks like this is better place to put it. Just a rename and delete request: Original Post Here

#610 Posted by MHAQ (1 posts) -

MurderHobo Adventure Quest -> MurderHobo: Aggravation Quest

Wiki page

MurderHobo Adventure Quest was a pre-release working title. Game was released as "MurderHobo: Aggravation Quest" (see here: http://www.desura.com/games/murderhobo)

(The old name also appears in the page's title graphic. Page might just need to be deleted so it can be remade with the correct title.)

#611 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2443 posts) -

Alias: Boss Assistance -> Boss Minions

I've always called them minions, so I assume it's common terminology.

#612 Edited by fisk0 (4469 posts) -

Rename: Mobile Construction Vechile -> Mobile Construction Vehicle

Alias: Independence War -> I-War

Alias: Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos -> Independence War II: Edge of Chaos -> Galaxy Commander: Edge of Chaos -> I-War 2

(I-War was the title of some of the releases in Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-War_(1997_video_game)), the original game already has that alias, but the franchise page does not, and Galaxy Commander was the name of the German release of the sequel, also used on some budget re-releases, see image below).

#613 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -
#614 Posted by Kaigan_sake (19 posts) -
#615 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -
#616 Edited by 3van (16 posts) -
#617 Edited by Brake (1126 posts) -

Gimme a "Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls" alias in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, because it's cool not having to write "iii" trying to find it. Thank you!

#618 Posted by Shauni (4 posts) -

Halfbrick Echoes should be changed to just "Echoes". Halfbrick is the developer, not part of the title.

#619 Posted by Kaigan_sake (19 posts) -
#620 Edited by hassaan (3 posts) -
#621 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -
#622 Edited by Marino (4761 posts) -

Done up to here.

#623 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -
#624 Posted by Eirikr (1010 posts) -

Also missed:

@eirikr said:

@dungbootle said:

Rename: Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV) -> Flynn

that's his name

Didn't catch this in time, but Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV) should have stayed. While "Flynn" is kind of an unofficial official name, appearing as a default during the naming sequence, he's never called that by any official means, always "Hero" or "Main Character." If anything, Flynn should appear as an alias while the name should revert back to Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV).

So yeah, Flynn ---> Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei IV), alias Flynn

#625 Edited by hassaan (3 posts) -

Add alias Melee as an alias for Super Smash Bros. Melee because the game's entire community refers to it as Melee.

#626 Edited by hassaan (3 posts) -

Add alias Melee as an alias for Super Smash Bros. Melee because the game's entire community refers to it as Melee.

#627 Posted by Marino (4761 posts) -

@hassaan: It's not necessary. The word is already in the title.

@def: I did do Wind Waker, but for some reason it didn't save apparently. And I'm still not putting an article in those acronyms. You're honestly the first person I've ever encountered that does that.

#628 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

@marino: you're the first person _I_ encountered that doesn't :D

#629 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Would the SpotPass stuff in Fire Emblem: Awakening count toward changing some of the Fire Emblem game pages to their English names? Or is there a "releases only" rule about this? Kinda wish we had a guide for all these informal rules.

#630 Posted by BeachThunder (12409 posts) -
#631 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -
#632 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -
#635 Edited by Cirdain (3147 posts) -
#636 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -
#637 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

The concept Bad Ending/s should be Bad Endings, without the slash.

#638 Edited by ZombiePie (5752 posts) -

@video_game_king: No

@cirdain said:

This has not been done.

@cirdain said:

'The Stanley Parable: HD Remix' is now 'The Stanley Parable'.

However 'The Stanley Parable: HD Remix' should probably be an alias.

Orders come from on high.

This poses a situation that requires staff input. We already have a wiki page titled The Stanley Parable which represents the original, freeware version of the game. With the renaming of the HD Remix it is being debated if it warrants its own page or should be merged. I'll give an update on what Patrick or Jeff says.

All other requests up to this point have been processed.

#640 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2443 posts) -

Alias: On-Site Procurement -> OSP

The acronym is common and sometimes used without explanation (eg Metal Gear Solid)

#641 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -
#642 Posted by Deusoma (3032 posts) -
#643 Edited by Cirdain (3147 posts) -

@zombiepie: OK, sorry for being awkward. I hope I don't have to rewrite a bunch of stuff by I've saved it just in case.

:)

#644 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -
#645 Posted by peterpasinili007 (74 posts) -
#646 Posted by LentFilms (223 posts) -

Please add "YU-NO: The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World" as an ailias to this page, thank you.

#647 Edited by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -
#648 Posted by Kazaam (3 posts) -
#649 Edited by DeF (4975 posts) -
#650 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Idenn should have the name Idoun as an alias, since that's what's used in the fan translation. (I think Iduun is also used, but I'm not confident on that one.)