I'm not asking what game is the best. I'm asking what game would you play first, be it for the first time, or just to revisit some old (bettter?) times?
- Jagged Alliance - Jungle top down combat awesomeness
- X-COM: UFO Defense - Gotta say, I've never played an X-COM game
- Mickey Mania - Why can't licensed games be more like this in terms of quality?
- Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger - Wins best title of the year
- Jazz Jackrabbit - Brainchild of Young Clifford
- Marathon - First pure Mac platform shooter
- Heretic - Vertical mouse movement!
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter - Yes, TIE actually means Twin Ion Engine
- Warcraft: Orcs and Humans - The start of a legacy
- Doom II: Hell on Earth - Kinda like Doom 3, but you know, on Earth
- Mortal Kombat II - This is what sets Nintendo as the family friendly console
- Darkstalkers - EX Meter goodness
- Earthworm Jim - I've always liked using my head as a whip
- System Shock - Cyber Punk all up in yo bizniz
- Donkey Kong Country - I've always digged this series
- Super Metroid - Spoiler - he's a she
I've gotta say, I'm a sucker for all things Star Wars. TIE Fighter and the joystick times take over my gaming time for now. It was a close fight with System Shock, but George had me by the balls at this time, and he earned it at that time. And all credit this year goes to Jazz Jackrabbit for introducing the world to Young Clifford.
Ha, I think most people clicked before they read your actual question. I'd have to change my vote to System Shock. I played the demo of Warcraft before Donkey Kong Country, and I think I would still prefer the former over the latter. But if I had to play one of the games on your list now, it would be System Shock, simply out of curiosity.
They're old games that I would probably find less than amusing today. I was 1 when those games came out and there are a lot of good, modern games that I haven't gotten to play so I won't force myself to play these "classics".
@FluxWaveZ said:I've not played any of these except for DKC, so that.
You're missing out on a lot of good games, then.
I've played most of those, excluding Mickey and Marathon, and I went with Jagged Alliance. Tough, tough call though, as X-Com, Super Metroid, and TIE Fighter were all a very close second. Jagged Alliance's tactical battles and RPG elements hit a sweet spot for me, though, and it was and is the game among that list I enjoy the most.
@Wampa1: @Wampa1: Welcome to the site Duder! Awesome that you've just signed up and decided to drop some coin on the Top Men and co., and of course, partake in one amazing poll ;)
As a new user, you're required to watch these 2 videos -
Alright, so maybe one more video can't hurt . . .
@GreggD said:Huh? I was just explaining why it didn't bother me that I was missing out on those titles; I didn't realize I was being snarky.
@FluxWaveZ: Jeez, you don't have to be so snarky about it.
You put quotes around classics, referring to the games on this list. It just seemed really sarcastic.