E3 is now over, what was your Game of the Show!?

• 109 results
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

I'm still trying to decide.

But going by individual platforms- From MS it was definitely Splinter Cell, looks kick ass!!!
From Sony- yeah, i'm still trying to decide, they showed a lot of awesome games man. Its either The Last Guardian, God of War III, or Gran Turismo 5 (Damage, WRC, and NASCAR + some drag racing...absolutely awesome. who knows the might end up sayin oh yeah F1 and Indy as well!!)
Nintendo - New Super Mario Wii 

Umm....what were the biggest PC games? i haven't really heard diddly squat about PC this weak... lol

[EDIT] Okay, overall looking back, despite the leak of the early work-in-progress version of the same trailer, The Last Guardian looks incredibly, and i LOVED the first two games. So yeah, thats my game of the show. And there is news that this is that super insane game the guy from BBC was talking about a while ago. 
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By RedSox8933

Oh MAN. It was a great E3, I don't think that I could choose just 1 game. I'll list off my top 5, not particularly in any order.

• Assassin's Creed II
  • Brütal Legend
  • Mass Effect 2
  • The Beatles: Rock Band
  • Alan Wake

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah, reason you haven't heard crap about PC is because Microsoft and some other publishers thought it wouldn't worth their time to disclose any PC seclusive titles.

Microsoft has said that they plan on announcing some games when they demo Windows 7 and news on Games for Windows LIVE.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By hakunin

Last Guardian and Mass Effect 2 pretty much.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheGremp

That's almost an impossible question for me.  This was an amazing E3.  My highlights were probably:

• Just Cause 2 - because of Brad and Ryan...  I never would've watched that video if they didn't mention it.  It looks fucking awesome.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction - I love the style this time around.  In fact, it even got me to play Chaos Theory for the first time in like a year.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 - 'Nuff said.
  • Metroid: Other M - Team Ninja + Metroid = wub.
  • Project Natal/Milo - I dunno if they'll even work as well as they're saying it will, but it's definitely interesting.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

Anything from Ubisoft. That company is still amazing.

trotchky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trotchky

Left 4 Dead 2.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@Seedofpower said:
" Yeah, reason you haven't heard crap about PC is because Microsoft and some other publishers thought it wouldn't worth their time to disclose any PC seclusive titles.Microsoft has said that they plan on announcing some games when they demo Windows 7 and news on Games for Windows LIVE. "
WRONG! There was one very important PC only game shown at E3, and that was All Points Bulletien, or APB. That game is going to be soo kick ass, and i might go buy a gaming quality PC just for it,
PS3: Castlevania
PSP: Either Gran Turismo or Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
DS: GOLDEN SUN
Wii: Metroid: Other M
XBOX360: Alan Wake or Splinter Cell
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By atejas

Alan Wake
Crackdown 2
Last Guardian

Seriously there are like 5 threads on this

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Last Guardian looks amazing. Definitely what I am looking forward to most.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PercyChuggs

Last Guardian is for arthouse goons. Plus it showed no REAL in-game footage.

Uncharted 2 is the only real answer to anyone who owns a PS3 and a set of eyeballs.

trotchky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trotchky
@PercyChuggs said:
" Last Guardian is for arthouse goons. Plus it showed no REAL in-game footage.Uncharted 2 is the only real answer to anyone who owns a PS3 and a set of eyeballs. "
...or people who like Ueda's past offerings.  Although I agree about it showing no real in-game footage; that's the only reason it isn't my "game of the show."  And yeah, Uncharted 2 was the best PS3 game on display.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive
@TheGremp said:
" That's almost an impossible question for me.  This was an amazing E3.  My highlights were probably:

• Just Cause 2 - because of Brad and Ryan...  I never would've watched that video if they didn't mention it.  It looks fucking awesome.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction - I love the style this time around.  In fact, it even got me to play Chaos Theory for the first time in like a year.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 - 'Nuff said.
  • Metroid: Other M - Team Ninja + Metroid = wub.
  • Project Natal/Milo - I dunno if they'll even work as well as they're saying it will, but it's definitely interesting.
"
I said game of the show, Project Natal doesn't really fit into this does it?

trotchky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trotchky

I have no idea what people see in Assassin's Creed 2.  I mean, I guess I do: it certainly looks pretty.  Did everyone forget how much the first game sucked, though?  This is like Killzone 2 hype all over again.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGremp
@TwoOneFive:
I suppose not, but it was definitely a big highlight of E3 for me.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seedofpower
@AgentJ: If you want to buy better machine for another mmo that's not going deliver on your expectations, by all means go right ahead. But I'm not going to put that down on some kind of list.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive
@AgentJ:  I totally forgot about that game. APB does look kickass! 
@TheGremp: I hear ya. It was certainly a big highlight, as MS's entire press conference really was. 
@trotchky: Dude, Killzone 2 was clearly looking to be a vast improvement over the original long before it was released, and then it actually lived up to all of the hype that those improvements garnered. Its not a fair comparison. But I totally agree with you that Assassin's Creed 2 shouldn't have a ton of positive hype, I hope people stay skeptical as well. The first one certainly did SUCK big time! But from what I have seen and heard, 2 looks like it has answered every complaint about the first one. 

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By dethfish

I think I might be most excited about Metroid: Other M which is weird because I don't own a wii.  Assassins Creed 2 and MW2 are two others I'm looking forward to. Actually, if I think about it enough there is lots of games that looked awesome at E3 this year.

My biggest disappiontment about E3 was no Mirrors Edge news. I was really hoping to hear at least something about Mirrors Edge 2.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By freakin

I'm a little shocked Nintendo has gone the, "eh, just make some new levels and put another game out" route with Mario, but I am looking forward to both games they announced for the Wii, hopefully they use the Wii Motion Plus at least somewhat.   Apart from that Heavy Rain is heavily on my radar.  ...Oh god, that pun was not intended.

Lilarcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Lilarcor

Mass Effect 2 by far for me (it might be obvious that I was a pretty huge fan of the first game). In terms of what they actually showed, Brutal Legend was my runner-up. But in terms of announcements, I was actually completely surprised by Nintendo. I didn't see Mario Galaxy 2, Golden Sun DS, or especially Metroid: Other M coming.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGremp
@TwoOneFive said:
" @AgentJ:  I totally forgot about that game. APB does look kickass! 
Oh wow yeah how did I forget APB?  It's gonna be awesome!
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By asurastrike

Final Fantasy XIII and Mass Effect 2

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By samcotts
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mod Nation Racers
  • MGS/GT PSP
  • The Last Guardian
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Although I'm not really a COD4 fanboy, I think I'm gonna have to go with Modern Warfare 2 here. It looks to me like it will most likely be 2009's GOTY. The Beatles Rock Band really impressed me and clearly goes well above and beyond what Neversoft has done with Aerosmith and Metallica. I'm glad to see The Beatles are being done so much justice and I liked what I saw so much that I'm really thinking of buying the whole $250 bundle. The new Splinter Cell looks great also. Additionally, I can't wait for this new Metroid. Overall, though, I think MW2 stood above as game of the show.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By scroll
@TheGreatGuero: I think MW2 will be great but It wasn't the game of the show. It's strange really I'm not hyped about it purely because it's a sure thing but it also didn't help that the E3 showing for that game was quite lacking.

For myself though I'm going to say Forza 3 because they showed a massive amount of info for the game and it's only just been announced.
10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 10MP

lost planet 2 and bayonetta

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By kraznor

Splinter Cell is certainly my favorite surprise of E3. That game seems to be doing really interesting things to make stealth fast-paced and fun, as opposed to slow and dull. Definitely going to check that out.

I guess Brutal Legend or The Last Guardian are my most anticipated games of the show though. Largely because I love games those teams have developed in the past.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By KingBroly

Scribblenauts

There have been so many awesome things I've heard about this game.

Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Demo

Resident Evil PSP and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By CL60

Alan Wake

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Jeust
@CL60 said:
" Alan Wake "

and Uncharted 2. 

Those games seem great :)

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By KingOfIceland

I can't really pin one game down as "the One", but my top 5 list is:

• Uncharted 2= This is the game that'll make me get a Ps tripple
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction= Good lord that game looks so bad-f***ing ass. Biggest surprise of E3
  • Mass Effect 2= The "Yup, it's still awesome" game of E3
  • Just Cause 2= Stunt Position. That is all.
  • AssAssins Creed 2= First one was neat but quite hollow, but this one seem to have actual content.

Games I only heard about but didn't see: Borderlands, Brink and Super Mario Galaxy Double
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By penguindust
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is my game of the show.  There are many other games I really liked [Crackdown 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin's Creed 2] but nothing compared in my mind to the surprise and delight I had for the demo of Uncharted 2.  I will amend that Crackdown 2's trailer did make me do a happy dance when I first saw it, however I can't get too excited over that game since none of us have any solid idea of when it's coming out.
Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Hairydutchman
  • The Last Guardian - I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen.
  • Metroid Other M - Looks like the 2D games in an 3D action setting. Awesome.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sequel to one of the best games ever.
  • Split/Second - Looks like Burnout without the open world that I don't care about, and with added epicness.
  • Just Cause 2 - Wow! Talk about an improvement.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction - I never really cared about the series, but this one looks really interesting.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Assassin's Creed 2

CoD6
Assassin's Creed 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed 2
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Jensonb

I have to pick several, because they are all way cool:

• ModNation Racers: Absolutely my game of the show, it's just what I was looking for
  • Split/Second: The best of the big four racers
  • Super Mario Bros. 4: I refuse to call it New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but it kicks so much ass, I want it now
  • Metal Gear Solid Rising: As one of the original Raiden Fans, and a massive Metal gear fan, this is way awesome. Raiden is back in a Tactical Espionage Action game. Alright!
  • Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: It's like MGS4 and MGS3 had a baby - and that's some pedigree right there
  • Saboteur: Surprisingly interested in this
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By grilledcheez

Alan Wake I suppose :D

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By get2sammyb
  • Uncharted 2.
  • The Beatles: Rock Band.
  • Metroid.
  • Modnation Racers.
  • Assassin's Creed II.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Radar
  • Brutal Legend
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Alan Wake
  • Uncharted 2

I can't pick just one.
Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teh_Eel

-Uncharted 2
-Mass Effect 2
-The Last Guardian
-God of War 3

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By SpinCookie

Probably The Last Guadian, along with New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.  Can't forget Uncharted 2 can we?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By Seppli
Battlefield : Bad Company 2

It looks unfuckingbelievable! And that's all the in-game montage we got this far out of E3. What a fucking shame!
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hitchenson

My obvious picks would be ODST, Reach, Brutal Legend. But I was, or know I would've been excited about those anyway. My biggest surprise game I'm now really liking the look of is Splinter Cell, I thought that looked awesome.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By gingertastic_10
@JJWeatherman said:
"Anything from Ubisoft. That company is still amazing. "
agreed sir

other then that.....the saboteur, brutal legend, uncharted 2
nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nixium

Personally I loved what MAG could be. I know the Giantbomb community will be able to provide enough people to make a functional squad. This would make for an awesome experience.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By Jensonb
@nixium: I want in on that.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheKidNixon

Top three for me is:

Mass Effect 2: Got such a flame for this game. Will completely destroy me early next year. That said, I'm curious to hear more on how the "Shepard can die" stuff. The more I read, the more it sounds like old adventure games where you can do certain actions that lead to your demise...until you load an old save. Seeing how the data will only carry over to ME3 if you actually survive all the way through, not sure how I feel about that just yet. But yeah, that game looks mad-hot.

Splinter Cell Conviction: The moment I saw this game my jaw dropped. I love the style, the gameplay tweaks, the falling in and out of full cutscenes. It makes the whole game feel like an interactive Bourne film, and I can't wait to play it. Far and away the biggest surprise of the show and what I want the most RIGHT NOW!

APB: I really hopes this does make its way to the 360, as it looks amazing. One of the reasons I've not liked most MMO so fars is that it is all basically quest hopping with no real sense of creativity. APB seems to deliver on the idea of creating your own stories, along with complete customizable characters, clothes and vehicles. For anyone who's ever played the multiplayer online mods of Vice City and San Andreas for the PC, this sounds like a fully developed example of that. Could also completely eat away at any time I'm not playing ME2..

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rateoforange

This E3, good things come in twos.

Just Cause 2
Crackdown 2
Mass Effect 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2

I love the idea of the first four, which were brilliant but flawed games, really fleshing out their ideas and shining. SMG was perfect the first go-round, though, so I just want more of that.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#49  Edited By fillmoejoe

I gotta give it to Splinter Cell: Conviction, it has been at least 2 years with nothing but a trailer of a homeless guy walking around in Washington, D.C. Then this demo comes out of nowhere and just has me convinced that the reboot was the right direction, I love the new "Bourne" style where everything is dynamic (shoot me for using that word) and doesn't become a trial and error system or a simple go to the next area to reset the a.i. The objectives showing up in the background was a nice cinematic touch. There were other great games shown but Conviction is hands down the game of show for me. I do miss the homeless Fisher look though, don't get me wrong.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nexas

Mario and Luigi: Inside Bowser Story
Golden Sun
MAG
Dragon Age: Origins