Has a Quick Look ever made you to buy the game it was featuring?

• 59 results
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

The inFAMOUS Quick Look pretty much cemented my decision to buy the game. Before watching that Quick Look I was kinda interested in the game but after watching Brad playing through the game I went to the store and pre ordered it.  

* I apologize if I messed up grammar the thread title wrong.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Infamous would have if I had a PS3.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

I bought Deadly Creatures after I saw the Quick Look. I didn't even know the game existed until then, and it's a lot of fun. Really happy with that buy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I'm willing to bet that the amount of Quick Looks compared to the number of people who bought the game BECAUSE of the Quick Looks doesn't add up.  You've gotta realize that since Giant Bomb started posting up regular video updates and different video series stuff, the traffic went BOOM on this site.  Also, it gives the guys an easy avenue to share enthusiasm about some games while offering the chance to show something about games that they may not necessarily feel needs a full-on review. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
@jakob187 said:
" I'm willing to bet that the amount of Quick Looks compared to the number of people who bought the game BECAUSE of the Quick Looks doesn't add up.  You've gotta realize that since Giant Bomb started posting up regular video updates and different video series stuff, the traffic went BOOM on this site.  Also, it gives the guys an easy avenue to share enthusiasm about some games while offering the chance to show something about games that they may not necessarily feel needs a full-on review.  "
Talk about an off topic post. I don't even know what was the point you were trying to convey. I am sure there was one but it completely went over my head. I just wanted to know if a QL ever convinced you to purchase a game you were kinda interested but not fully convinced about. 
Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ugalde

No never.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Discorsi

There have been a couple that put the game in my radar but I don't think even of those that have been placed on my radar, have I purchased.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Gunner

Im really thinking about getting the first two episodes of monkey island because of the quick look.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By tearhead
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Deusoma
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Branthog

The Quick Looks have quite often helped me determine if a game was a buy or not. I'll probably buy Champions Online this coming week based purely on that, even though I'd previously not been very interested in it. Same with Arkham Asylum, for that matter.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

I consider it unwise to buy games on the back of QL's, so no.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGremp

I am now seriously considering getting Champions Online after watching the QL, even though I once made a pact never to play a game with a monthly fee.  The customization is just too amazing.

OhdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By OhdK

I find that  QLs are more helpful for flagging games that I was interested in, but were NOT worth buying. Wheelman had me interested from the previews, but the quicklook made me convinced that it was a poor purchase (too late, but oh well). Similarly, Ninja Blade QL was a big turn off. 

On the other hand, Infamous did convince me. I had barely been interested before the QL

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By LordCrom

Batman Arkham Asylum.  I ordered it immediately after the Quick Look.  I went looking for a copy of Crash Time right after watching the Quick Look, but couldn't find one for the desired price I was looking for.
empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By empfeix
@TheGremp said:
" I am now seriously considering getting Champions Online after watching the QL, even though I once made a pact never to play a game with a monthly fee.  The customization is just too amazing. "
 What's wrong with monthly fees?  If you really want to pinch pennies just download cam's of newly released movies instead of going to the theatre :D
itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By itsmadness

I would have to agree that the QL on Champions Online made me seriously think about getting into it. 

Also, the Red Faction: Guerrilla QL sold me on that game...I hadn't even heard of it up to that point. Then I bought it when it came out. haha.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
@Mordukai said:
" @jakob187 said:
" I'm willing to bet that the amount of Quick Looks compared to the number of people who bought the game BECAUSE of the Quick Looks doesn't add up.  You've gotta realize that since Giant Bomb started posting up regular video updates and different video series stuff, the traffic went BOOM on this site.  Also, it gives the guys an easy avenue to share enthusiasm about some games while offering the chance to show something about games that they may not necessarily feel needs a full-on review.  "
Talk about an off topic post. I don't even know what was the point you were trying to convey. I am sure there was one but it completely went over my head. I just wanted to know if a QL ever convinced you to purchase a game you were kinda interested but not fully convinced about.  "
Agreed. What the hell are you talking about Jakob? haha
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox

Quick Looks? Not yet. I've bought a few games they've featured in QLs, but one hasn't convinced me to buy something I wasn't going to already. If anything, some have convinced me to not buy a few games I was on the fence about.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Phantom_Crash

I bought Champions Online today because of the QuickLook. I hope its a solid game.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deadly_polo

I got the Big Surf Island DLC for Burnout Paradise thanks to the quick look, otherwise I really wouldn't have got it.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thecleric

I've NOT bought a lot because of Quick Looks, uhh how many have I bought because of?

Rocket Riot and 'Splosion Man.
Dude, I'm poor.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

Sort of. I watched the Klonoa Quick Look, and later, I got it. Granted, I had played the PS1 version, and I only did it because I didn't win the haiku thing, but the point is the QL worked.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Red Faction: Guerrilla.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By spankingaddict

Fat Princess

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By StarFoxA

Red Faction: Guerrilla quick look helped me want to buy it.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By brainwins

Yeah, I bought Valkyria Chronicles even before buying my PS3.

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Neopezz

I would really like to buy Champions Online, but I just don't have the cash required to keep up a monthly fee and still buy 360 games.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By MikeFightNight

Noby Noby boy, remeber that game? lol 

I would say the Batman Arkham Asylum QL, but the demo had already sold me on it.  Also that fact the Best Buy had it on for 38$ for 3 days made it an even easier purchase.  Awesome game so far, no really, awesome.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DanielJW
@spankingaddict said:
" Fat Princess "
This one too.
hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hungrynun

As some said most QL's put games on my radar. But I don't seriously think about purchasing a game until I get a feel with how it works. 

The only game I bought right after I saw the QL was Prototype. Let's just say I'd rather get that game at a discount.
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fuzzyponken

Fairytale Fights quick look made me certain I'll buy that game once it comes out. I had never heard of that game before I saw that quick look.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dalai

Can't say any of them had, but their Quick Look of The Conduit in some way had the opposite effect.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TwoOneFive
fat princess quick look.  also noby noby boy. 

i knew from early reports of the game being made that InFamous would be outstanding and i never saw anything good about prototype. nothing but 360 fanboys hyping that game, and the sad thing is, its a multiplat. 
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38  Edited By zyn

Fallout 3.  When the game was released, I didn't see anything special with it.  After the quick-looks, it made me want to play it.  I played my friend's PC version and it completed the game within 35hrs (completing the story and all DLC's).  I'm going to buy the Game of the Year edition when it's released.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Damian

I decided to try out Stormrise even though Ryan took a crap all over it before even touching a controller. But he was right. That game is dump worthy.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Nope, mainly because I have the game or I was already planning on buying it.

MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Noby Noby Boy 
InFAMOUS (although the reviews probably would have convinced me anyway) 
Skate 2 

EDIT: I'd probably say QLs have convinced me to NOT buy games a lot more.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#42  Edited By ZombiePie

No not really, my tastes don't really match up with the tastes of the staff 100%.

LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LeadNinja

When my 4/5th Xbox gets back from the repair centre Germany, I intend to get Point Lookout for Fallout 3 pretty much exclusively beacause of the Quick Look.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By angelkanarias

the same here, the infamous quicklook made me buy it

mariussmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45  Edited By mariussmit

Seeing the opening minutes of Batman Arkham Asylum completely sold me on that game.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46  Edited By RHCPfan24
@Tearhead said:
" The Noby Noby Boy Quick Look blew my fucking mind. Had to buy it. "
This is the only example and more for a zany "look at this crazy shit for $5" reason than a real "this game looks amazing" reason. Still, Noby Noby Boy is amazing...in different, unorthodox ways.
Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crixaliz

Monkey Island - Part 2, I didn't even know that game was out

ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By ImHungryx10
@Mordukai said:
" The inFAMOUS Quick Look pretty much cemented my decision to buy the game. Before watching that Quick Look I was kinda interested in the game but after watching Brad playing through the game I went to the store and pre ordered it.   * I apologize if I messed up grammar the thread title wrong. "
Exact same thing here, 'cept I had not even heard of Infamous. So it really impressed me. I bought it the next day I think.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By penguindust

For official Quick Looks, the answer is Valkyria Chronicles.  I was only marginally familiar with the title but saw the QL and said "that is could be a lot of fun."  Since then I've become of fan of both the game and anime.  For games I hope to get due to the QL, then Champions Online and Persona rank high on my list.  I was planning on getting them anyway, but the QL took any hesitation out of the thought process.  The Uncharted 2 multiplayer QL also made me feel less skittish on the new gameplay option. 

Also, as I've said before, I only watched the first 2 Endurance Runs (so far) but used them as a QL to get me hooked on the Persona franchise and all SMT games.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By turbo_toaster

TRASH PANIC. It was entertaining for five bucks :B