• 60 results
Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -

Edit: Contest closed!

How to Play: Tell me your favorite piece of content from Ryan Davis (Giant Bomb era), whether it's a moment from the Bombcast, a video/live stream, something from his Twitter etc. Be specific! Be sure to tell me what game you want. You have until Thursday, August 11th.

I. Disclaimer

II. Donations

III. Past Winners

IV. Follow me on Giant Bomb for the latest updates on contests!

Vito's Game Giveaway #31! Winner
Congratulations to Video_Game_King for winning Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (donated by ssj4raditz)! Their username was the one Random Line Picker chose!
New Games!
I've received my 23rd donation! Thanks to dudy80 for donating their Steam gift copy of Half-Life 2!
I've received my 24th donation! Thanks to JoeyIA for donating their Steam gift copy of Half-Life 2!
I've received my 25th donation! Thanks to Progn0sticator for donating their Xbox 360 code for The Maw! (NTSC)
I've received my 26th donation! Thanks to SmashedControllers for donating their Steam copy of DiRT 3!
I've received my 27th donation! Thanks to zameer for donating their Steam code for The Humble Indie Bundle #2! (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans)
Xbox 360 (NTSC)Donated By
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (3/5 from Vinny!)ssj4raditz
John Woo presents Stranglehold (Collector's Edition)ssj4raditz
The MawProgn0sticator
PlayStation 3 (NTSC)Donated By
LEGO Batman: The Videogamessj4raditz
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventuresssj4raditz
Star Wars: The Force Unleashedssj4raditz
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.ssj4raditz
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdomssj4raditz
PCDonated By
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (Steam GIft)rentfn
Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle (Steam Gift)Little_Socrates
Cogs (Steam Gift)Sjosz
DiRT 3 (Steam Gift)SmashedControllers
Half-Life bundle - Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life: Counter-Strike (Steam Gift).TMThomsen
Half-Life 2 (Steam Gift)dudy80
Half-Life 2 (Steam Gift)JoeyIA
Nimbus (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)grant742
The Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Steam Gift) - See Abovezameer
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure (GoG Gift)ArbitraryWater
Toki Tori (Steam Gift)rentfn
#1 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -

Edit: Contest closed!

How to Play: Tell me your favorite piece of content from Ryan Davis (Giant Bomb era), whether it's a moment from the Bombcast, a video/live stream, something from his Twitter etc. Be specific! Be sure to tell me what game you want. You have until Thursday, August 11th.

I. Disclaimer

II. Donations

III. Past Winners

IV. Follow me on Giant Bomb for the latest updates on contests!

Vito's Game Giveaway #31! Winner
Congratulations to Video_Game_King for winning Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (donated by ssj4raditz)! Their username was the one Random Line Picker chose!
New Games!
I've received my 23rd donation! Thanks to dudy80 for donating their Steam gift copy of Half-Life 2!
I've received my 24th donation! Thanks to JoeyIA for donating their Steam gift copy of Half-Life 2!
I've received my 25th donation! Thanks to Progn0sticator for donating their Xbox 360 code for The Maw! (NTSC)
I've received my 26th donation! Thanks to SmashedControllers for donating their Steam copy of DiRT 3!
I've received my 27th donation! Thanks to zameer for donating their Steam code for The Humble Indie Bundle #2! (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans)
Xbox 360 (NTSC)Donated By
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (3/5 from Vinny!)ssj4raditz
John Woo presents Stranglehold (Collector's Edition)ssj4raditz
The MawProgn0sticator
PlayStation 3 (NTSC)Donated By
LEGO Batman: The Videogamessj4raditz
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventuresssj4raditz
Star Wars: The Force Unleashedssj4raditz
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.ssj4raditz
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdomssj4raditz
PCDonated By
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (Steam GIft)rentfn
Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World bundle (Steam Gift)Little_Socrates
Cogs (Steam Gift)Sjosz
DiRT 3 (Steam Gift)SmashedControllers
Half-Life bundle - Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life: Counter-Strike (Steam Gift).TMThomsen
Half-Life 2 (Steam Gift)dudy80
Half-Life 2 (Steam Gift)JoeyIA
Nimbus (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)Rockanomics
Portal (Steam Gift)grant742
The Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Steam Gift) - See Abovezameer
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure (GoG Gift)ArbitraryWater
Toki Tori (Steam Gift)rentfn
#2 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

The Humpty Dance.

Specifics? How about this....

Count me in for Lego Batman.
#3 Posted by ZombiePie (5665 posts) -

Letting Video_Game_King win will only inflate his ego more. Way to go.

#4 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -
@ZombiePie: It's not my fault! Plus, he has been trying for a long time. I'm glad Random Line Picker finally chose him!
#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@ZombiePie said:

Letting Video_Game_King win will only inflate his ego more. Way to go.

You mean it isn't already massively inflated?

Oh, right. The contest. My favorite piece of content was when Ryan threatened to kill me when I told him that he hates fun. This actually happened. And since I'm such a selfish bastard, I'll enter for The Maw.
#6 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

I ain't giving up until I get that D&D game. :P

My favorite thing that Ryan has done since GB was his TANG for Resident Evil. The cutaways to the dude getting mauled by the dog made me laugh so much.

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Video_Game_King You bastard! 

@Video_Game_King said: 
I'll go for Prince of Persia, just to spite CL60 :P.
#8 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

One of the greatest interviews was the Trenched interview on the Roof Top of some building. I actually had fun watching it. The TANG episode were great too but there are just too many great moments in those to pick one.

Dirt 3 wouldn't be a terrible game to have.

GLHF to everyone!

#9 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Anyways, my favorite Ryan moment was when I kept knifing him in the RDR TNT and vinny was getting mad for him, and pistol whipping him as well! 

I would love DiRT 3.

#10 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

The moment when Ryan glanced at the guy giving him an evil look in the E3 Day 2 video from this year.  Couldn't stop laughing.  Hope that counts. 
Dirt 3 would be awesome

#11 Posted by Mento (2544 posts) -

It's awesome how many new donations you're getting per week now. Soon it'll be time to award two games at once so they don't pile up. Then I might finally win one of these things. Jinx'd.

Oh right, Ryan stuff. Ryan's the most gregarious of the crew so I feel he does his best work coaxing hilarious material out of everyone else. Especially Rorie. For a non-copout answer, I like his boisterous laugh.

I'll keep picking Temple of Evil until someone else takes it.

#12 Posted by fraser (478 posts) -

Oh man, I would love The Force Unleashed. Still haven't got round to playing it.

So good that you're still doing this!

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Damn it i don't get to participate just because i'm not crazy enough about the staff to remember specific moments?

#14 Edited by desolation15 (113 posts) -

Happy hour 04/29/11 01:13:45 Troll Hunter

Ryan Davis impersonating Fred Schneider

"When you see a Troll on the side of the road... YOU GOTTA HUMP* THAT TROLL!"

Genuinely funny moment.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

Name a Kinect QL with Ryan in it, and you have my favorite moment. Only Jeff can match his Kinect Komedy. 

Half Life Bundle would be great.

#16 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

So many great moments, but I think the best one that comes to mind is "No, no, no! Please don't shake the baby!" 

The Humble Indie Bundle #2, please.
#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@CL60 said:

@Video_Game_King You bastard! 

@Video_Game_King

said: 

I'll go for Prince of Persia, just to spite CL60 :P.

#18 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -
@Mento said:

It's awesome how many new donations you're getting per week now. Soon it'll be time to award two games at once so they don't pile up. Then I might finally win one of these things. Jinx'd.

I'm doing something special for the Big Live Live Show 2 that will get rid of a lot of the games.
#19 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

There are a lot of good moments, but I'll choose the interview he had with Jean Baudin on the Big Live Live Show.   I think he did a great job getting us to know Baudin a bit better, especially those who had/have no clue who he is.  It was amazing to hear Baudin's talents come alive during the show.. his music is awesome to zone out or read to.

I couldn't find the videos archived on the site, probably because i'm not a subscriber, but I found them on youtube:

Oh!  If I get chosen, I would like DiRT 3 please =D.
#20 Posted by Sanity (1906 posts) -

I love the weird TNT intro/lead-up thing. That disturbing face is awesome!

Still playing for Nimbus!

#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -
#22 Posted by FateOfNever (1839 posts) -

Ryan Davis material?  Hmm.. I could still just say the same quick look I said for Jeff, buuuuuuut let's find something different instead.  I could say the MK Tang, Goro getting punched in the balls over and over again was pretty fantastic.  Instead, however, I'm going with the dreaded Surströmming!  Ok, maybe it isn't exactly 'his content', but, he starts off the video, and I'm sure he had something to do with it, so, I hope it counts.

As for the game...let's go with John Woo Presents Stranglehold. 

#23 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I think my favorite Ryan moment was when he talked to Ice-T on the phone and tried to get him on the Bombcast. We never got to see or hear that, but just the thought of those two talking is amazing. Sad that nothing's ever come of that. :/

Anyway, I'm still goin' for Stranglehold on 360! :D

#24 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

UH UH UH UH UH

The Maw if you please.

#25 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6193 posts) -

I think maybe my favorite moment would be the E3 wrap-up moment from this year, when some creepy guy walks up beside him and he has a good old-fashioned staredown. The video editing really sold the moment. Goddamn, was it funny. His WUTANG review of WarGames was also a favorite, if just because I love that movie.

If'n I win, I'm gonna say Temple of Elemental Evil.

#26 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

his laughs are funny. he also likes pizza rolls just like me, he talked about what he ate from super bowl.

#27 Posted by APayne (9 posts) -

rider meet horse, horse meet rider 

Dirt 3

#28 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2007 posts) -

The best part of Ryan is his laugh when he finds something really fucking funny, it's really hard trying to keep your cool in a public space with Ryan's guffaw.  

Oh, and uhh....erm, Half Life 2? Yeah, that, sure. 

#29 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
#30 Posted by Amilmitt (237 posts) -

I liked that he was nice enough to buy kessler a new wallet to replace his wallet soup bag

Dirt 3 for me.

#31 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -
#32 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe:   This is so funny, Dirt 3 would be great since I have a new computer now.
#33 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

I would say that in recent history my favorite moments are when Ryan cuts Jeff off from spouting DSiware and e-shop nonsense on the Bombcast. Pulling further back tho, it would probably be TANG or any of the horrible game quicklooks from 2 years ago...you know the ones.

I'm throwing my hat in for Dirt 3.

#34 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

My favorite moment might have been the Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh face and neck stabbing. 
I would love to win Dirt 3.

#35 Posted by LittleBigJono (252 posts) -

Watching Ryan in the motion sports quicklook still cracks me up so I'd have to say that even though it's both him and Jeff.
Here's to hoping I win a copy of Half-life 2

#36 Posted by kuz101 (209 posts) -

That time where Ryan becomes a narc. 
Also that time where Ryan loses it over Megan's Law. 
Dirt 3!

#37 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Humble Indie Bundle please
#38 Edited by BOOM (69 posts) -

My favorite moment is when Ryan shot down the chopper in the BFBC2 TNT.

Temple of Elemental Evil please

#39 Posted by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

This has to be one of my favorite Ryan moments.  

DiRT 3 please.

#40 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Literally any time Ryan touches Matt Rorie's hand and they look into each others eyes, it makes me far happier than it should. I can't remember the specific Happy Hour, but there was an episode where it lasted for an uncomfortable amount of time and Alex looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there at that moment.

Dirt 3 would be incredible, and I'm quite surprised somebody has decided to gift it.

#41 Posted by cartvader (142 posts) -

Has to be the discussion regarding him being quoted saying "uh-uh-uh-uh-uh" & reading as the "killer".  Made me cry. 

Dirt 3 pls.

#42 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I loved the Ryan/Vinny Harry Potter Quick Looks 

Half-Life Bundle

#43 Posted by PolyesterPimp (255 posts) -

Ryan's introduction of the GG Button to be the reason Mails were answered on Bombcast. Dirt 3 pweezzeeeee

#44 Posted by admachina (189 posts) -

Ryan's disgust while hosting the NDX

Dirt 3 plz

#45 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

Rider meet horse, Horse Meet Rider.

Temple of Elemental Evil

#46 Posted by streetninja (156 posts) -

I have got to say the We Dare segment on Happy Hour might be my favorite single moment of his. 

I'll go for Dirt 3.

#47 Posted by Pop (2633 posts) -

The Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh moment was pretty funny than him reading the quote from that paper was hilarious!! 
Dirt 3

#48 Posted by Zembosis (100 posts) -

I remember Ryan doing and interview with Peter Moore a while back, admitting to be quite nervous, yet still pulling off a great interview, and I don't even like sports games.

Dirt 3

#49 Posted by CoruptAI125 (77 posts) -

I really love this video.  IT was from a happy hour I believe(not sure which one) 

Count me in for DBZ: Burst Limit  
#50 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

I'll go for the Maw.

My favorite is when he reviewed the Tomb Raider movies for TANG and he pointed out that weird dude who knows something that we don't. I really wanted to find out what it was that that dude knew, but we never found out. He's really mysterious.