why do girlfriends expect shit on Valentines Day?

• 127 results
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CreamyGoodness

ok honestly. Why is it that girlfriends, wives ect expect shit on valentines day. I already spend a shit load on my girlfriend. But really Valentines day sucks. Its not the money aspect, you just have to be all with them all day and stuff. I mean until night approaches, then valentines day dosn't suck anymore.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Because it's a "holiday" (loosely used because it isn't really), and girls like to be romantic and expect you to at least have a heart. So far, you're following all the typical stereotypes of a man.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

Come on dude, do you really expect us to believe you have a girlfriend?  This one's about as believable as the "suspended two days for asking for a pen" topic.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Megalon

They expect things because they: a) have boobs, and b) know we want the boobs. 

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ParanoidFreak

It's a day where you are supposed to be romantic, it might hurt your wallet, but it should be worth it.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Megalon said:
"They expect things because they: a) have boobs, and b) know we want the boobs. "
very true.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CreamyGoodness
MB said:
"Come on dude, do you really expect us to believe you have a girlfriend?  This one's about as believable as the "suspended two days for asking for a pen" topic."
yes actually i do. i expect you to believe the truth.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Personally, I hate valentines, it's over commercialized and doing "romantic" things on a day that is set out to do "romantic" things pretty much defeats the point of romance. Proving that these "girlfriends" you speak of are stupid.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weltal

Because cash is tantamount to love which goes a long way in explaining why marriage is considered a way to show 'true' love.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Weltal said:
"Because cash is tantamount to love which goes a long way in explaining why marriage is considered a way to show 'true' love."
this is what i never understand. People always rush to get married, then two things happen a) they get divorced b) they hate eachother
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rowr
Clearly you have an advanced grasp on women, and how relationships work.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Osaladin

Because stores put it in our heads that we have to. They made it materialistic so they could sell more crap, same thing with Christmas. When you ask the average person what they think about when they think of Christmas, they'll usually say presents, and kids will usually say Santa. It's just how it works.

Slightly cynical, but it's true.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoG

I've never seen a problem with it. Obviously, if you don't care enough to want to get her something, save yourself the trouble by dumping her.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead

Society has been pussywhipped to the point where Valentine's Day is an obligation more than a celebration.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Optiow

I don't know, but it really annoys me, becuase I have to give stuff to her, but never get any in return...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Why do women in labor expect an epadoral?
lol thats about the jist of idioicy that questin put forth, its a holiday a holiday about romance and love between 2 people....thats all the answer you need.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

Well, I expect the woman to treat me on Valentine's day. After all, they got their independence. They can pay for MY dinner and take ME to a movie.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By DJ_Lae

Homone imbalance, maybe, but it's one you'll have to put up with if you still want sex.

In a way it makes all women vague whores, but hey.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Osaladin
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Why do women in labor expect an epadoral?
lol thats about the jist of idioicy that questin put forth, its a holiday a holiday about romance and love between 2 people....thats all the answer you need."
The correct retort to your statement would be: "If you are truly in love, then you wouldn't need a holiday to tell you that you are in love, or remind you for that matter."
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoG
WilliamRLBaker said:
lol thats about the jist of idioicy that questin put forth, its a holiday a holiday about romance and love between 2 people....thats all the answer you need."
=O
 Try this:

WilliamRLBaker said:
"Why do women in labor expect an epidural?
lol thats about the gist of idioicy that question put forth, it's a holiday about romance and love between two people....that's all the answer you need."
I limited my corrections to spelling errors. Yikes.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I like what Jim Carrey's character has to say about it in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. "[Valentine's Day] is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap."

However, dude... why wouldn't they expect stuff? I see nothing wrong with giving gifts on Valentine's Day.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hexpane
MB said:
"Come on dude, do you really expect us to believe you have a girlfriend?  This one's about as believable as the "suspended two days for asking for a pen" topic."
Another pointless fake troll by Creamd00d.  At this point he has resorted to bad Seinfield rip offs like "What's the deal w/ greeting cards, I mean, hey, I can just wave and say hello, why kill a tree?"
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Maybe I don't know, because I've never had a "girlfriend", but isn't spending time with someone like that supposed to be enjoyable? If not, why are you doing it?

And by it, I mean her.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead
Arkthemaniac said:
"Maybe I don't know, because I've never had a "girlfriend", but isn't spending time with someone like that supposed to be enjoyable? If not, why are you doing it?
And by it, I mean her.
"
I imagine it's one of those things brought on by the whole Sex And The City style modern woman culture where the lady in the situation makes unreasonable demands, believing that to be the norm, while the guy feels he has to overextend to meet these unreasonable demands or the lady will leave and find someone who can, believing there's people out there who are actually like Mr. Big.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Maybe I don't know, because I've never had a "girlfriend", but isn't spending time with someone like that supposed to be enjoyable? If not, why are you doing it?
And by it, I mean her.
"
I imagine it's one of those things brought on by the whole Sex And The City style modern woman culture where the lady in the situation makes unreasonable demands, believing that to be the norm, while the guy feels he has to overextend to meet these unreasonable demands or the lady will leave and find someone who can, believing there's people out there who are actually like Mr. Big."
Maybe. That's when the curb is in order.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By LiquidPrince
Megalon said:
"They expect things because they: a) have boobs, and b) know we want the boobs. "
Pretty much.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EvilTwin
MB said:
I believe it, but I also believe this topic was created solely to let everyone else know.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tekmojo
EvilTwin said:
"MB said:
I believe it, but I also believe this topic was created solely to let everyone else know."
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#29  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StaticFalconar

Yeah man cause I got suspended two days for buying a gift for my girlfriend for Valentines day.... lols

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
The correct retort to your statement would be: "If you are truly in love, then you wouldn't need a holiday to tell you that you are in love, or remind you for that matter.""
yes because we live in a perfect world right?

@bog i thought the rules of the sight was not to be a dick, so why you being a dick?

P.S:thats That's would be punctuation not spelling.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By auspiciousqueue

We like to receive gifts on Valentines Day because we compete with each other and show off  'said' gifts to show that we have everything and they have nothing.

OR

No matter how stupid, cheap or expensive the gift is, it shows that you are thinking of us and believe we are worth the effort. I also think it should go both ways. I would love flowers and a nice dinner, if I don't get that, I still won't regret getting him that personalized hockey jersey. That's just how I roll.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayge_
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Yes because we live in a perfect world right?

@BoG- I thought the rules of the site included "don't be a dick", so why are you being a dick?

P.S: That would be punctuation, not spelling.
I couldn't resist Will.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Systech

If you don't like spending time with your girlfriend, then something is wrong.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By brukaoru

Why do stores expect customers to buy crap on Valentine's Day? Why do people expect rings when they are proposed to? It's traditional and it keeps going, that's the sole reason.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alexander

I think there is that aspect of Valentine's day that is a complete sham - that being the overpricing of roses and special super-expensive menus for the evening. So long as that's avoided, nothing wrong with making a sweet gesture. Doesn't have to be a present, could be something you do... could just be an awesome card you make.

But then it depends, some girls expect a reservation for 9:30 at that French restaurant you only pretended to like the first time.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Arkthemaniac said:
And by it, I mean her.
"
its not that i don't like spending time with her or anything. It's just that i don't get for one day everything revolves around her. I love her and don't mind it. I just dont see the importance of having one day dedicated to all this shit
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arkthemaniac
CreamyGoodness said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
And by it, I mean her.
"
its not that i don't like spending time with her or anything. It's just that i don't get for one day everything revolves around her. I love her and don't mind it. I just dont see the importance of having one day dedicated to all this shit"
Dude, if your girlfriend is telling you that Valentine's Day is a day for her, she needs to be kicked in the . . . no, I don't want to get banned.
She needs to be told differently. Valentine's Day is a day for couples, not women. If she expects a gift of you and doesn't get you one in return, that's just moronic, and means that she is inconsiderate.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Player1
MB said:
Beat me to it. And the fact that you said it (considering you've probably read the majority of this kids post) only makes my thinking more credible.

This kid lies...and lies....and lies.

Its like Portal all over again.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By End_Boss

It staggers me that this topic is still at the top of the forum list.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Black_Rose
Optiow said:
"I don't know, but it really annoys me, becuase I have to give stuff to her, but never get any in return..."
Ditto >_>
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Linkyshinks

Because they deserve it for ___ your ____.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Player1 said:

Its like Portal all over again."

no portal is better than forums
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Player1 said:
"MB said:
Beat me to it. And the fact that you said it (considering you've probably read the majority of this kids post) only makes my thinking more credible.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
CreamyGoodness said:
"ok honestly. Why is it that girlfriends, wives ect expect shit on valentines day. I already spend a shit load on my girlfriend. But really Valentines day sucks. Its not the money aspect, you just have to be all with them all day and stuff. I mean until night approaches, then valentines day dosn't suck anymore."

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Player1 said:
"MB said:

ok fine ill be honest. i was sitting at the back of the room making jewish referances but thats not the point
birdbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By birdbrain

dump them the day before and go out with another chick after valentines.

Does that fix your problem?
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By serbsta

I dunno... unless youre really cheap buy her some roses, whats the big deal?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#49  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Uhh because they like their relationships to have some sort of affection and remain a two sided relationship. But this isn't to justify the commercialized and hallowed out nature of modern Valentine's day, but come on can we be a little kinder to our 'partners.' You never know, you might be rewarded.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50  Edited By wefwefasdf

Eh. If I actually love the person I was dating it wouldn't be a problem to me. I don't have a girl friend by the way...