By ZombiePie 21 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Well there's no going about it, we are in the Winter game drought! With Vinny defeating Dark Souls, and Brad "completing" Volgarr two main stays for premium content have met their end. However, don't worry as the staff are all committed to satiating your desire for more video content, free and premium! For those wondering about new merchandise Rorie would like for you to know that the 2014 premium members only t-shirt will release sometime this month. Also worth noting that a "potential" discount for Giant Bomb subscriptions could happen near the end of this month. Another piece of housekeeping for all of you ne'er-do-wells, if you see a giant notification pop up during a live stream, you've said something inappropriate on the chat. Those one-on-one notifications are your first warning to chill before you get into real trouble. Please, don't be a jerk. With that let's get on with the Community Spotlight!
Clip(s) of the Week
As Vinny put it on Twitter when he saw this video "All I ever wanted out of Dark Souls, really...THANKS:"
- Giant Bomb Marvel Heroes Guild - Join the Community Guild Over Here!
- Awesome Games Done Quick 2014 - You Still have Time to Donate Money and Discuss the Streams Over Here!
The newly re-titled "Mid-development IP Split" concept page has seen some awesome TLC. Also, do you like micro-transactions? Well you can read more about how to be a sucker on....
Best of the Blog
As seen above and below, we have two pieces of AMAZING Patrick x Spelunky fanart from DorkyMohr and Fobwashed! Comment on their works of art on their respective blogs. Rays_Gaming_Rants recently played through Bravely Default's demo and has written about how it does what all demos should do, similarly Chemystery gave the Bravely Default demo and shares his thoughts about that and Papers, Please. Video_Game_King is slowly becoming John Carmack with his most recent blog all about demons and devils, whereas Sparky_Buzzsaw blogged about spewing fire after trying Hoy Fong hot sauce and playing through AC IV. Mento shares an assortment of games that subvert the co-op experience and challenge the term "co-op altogether. BlueFish finally saw Indie Game: The Movie, whereas JayEH joined Vinny in defeating Dark Souls this week. TheMasterDS tried out Chrstina Love's "It Just Ain't Your Story," and extrapolates on why he absolutely hated it. VILLHAVER also shares his rage this week and has a case study of his terrible experience with Chrono Trigger for Android. After taking a medical leave of absence MooseyMcMan has his much belated GOTY Awards, The Moosies. Hailinel details how A Link Between Two World has helped him rediscover the Zelda franchise. Check out dankempster's gaming resolutions for 2014 and join him in creating easy and hard resolutions. Finally MajorMitch shares a monthly update on the games he has played, and KnifeySpoony has his late, but great, 2013 GOTY blog.
- Scoopslunking Drawing (By: @dorkymohr)
- I Drawed a Spelunkin' Scoops (By: @fobwashed)
- Bravely Default's Demo Is What Demos Should Be (By: @rays_gaming_rants)
- Default and Papers (By: @chemystery)
- This Blog has Been Taken Over by Demons (By: @video_game_king)
- Co-Opting Co-Op (By: @mento)
- Sparky's Update - The Hot Sauce Boss, Recliners, and AC IV (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
- Reacting to "Indie Game: The Movie" Long After the Fact... (By: @bluefish)
- On a Foray Into the Visual Novel Genre I Found Game That I...Hated. I Need to Explain Why (By: @themasterds)
- So I Finally Beat Dark Souls (By: @jayeh)
- Square Enix's Android Software Failure (By: @villhaver)
- Luigi Presents The Fifth Annual Moosies Video Game Awards! (By: @mooseymcman)
- Monthly Roundup, December 2013 (By: @majormitch)
- My Rediscovery of Hyrule (and Lorule) (By: @hailinel)
- First Blog Of 2014 - Agendas Everywhere! (By: @dankempster)
- Knifey's Best Games Played in 2013 (Sort Of) (By: @knifeyspoony)
Have you ever bought a game based solely on its box art? Or, which game that you have played do you think has the best A.I.? How about the potential direction of Resident Evil 7? All of these are topics where you can share your constructive and civil opinions about! We have many more discussion thread worth partaking in! The Giant Bomb Final Fantasy XIV community Guild wants you to see what they have been doing in the game
- Best Games you Bought Solely on the Box Art (By: @msavo)
- Giant Bomb Final Fantasy XIV Online Company Pictures (By: @nadesico33)
- Best A.I. in Games (By: @holyhackzack)
- Load Our Last Souls/Breaking Brad Premium Stream Replacement Speculation Thread (By: @cheesebob)
- What Should Capcom Do with RE7 Now? (By: @mr_croft)
- Should Episodic Games be Reviewed Individually or as a Single Package? (By: @jeanluc)
Here we have a return to normalcy. PoisonJam7 has created a list where he explains why his 2013 Game of the Year is for a JRPG from 2007.
Useful User Reviews
- @davvyk's review of Papers, Please
- @zzombie13's review of Dead Rising 3
- @moonlightmoth's review of Beyond: Two Souls
- @moonlightmoth's review of Blood Knights
- @gamer_152's review of Super Hexagon
- @believer258's review of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction