By ZombiePie 20 Comments
Welcome!Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! For those that went to PAX East 2012 last weekend I hope you all had a fun but safe trip, unlike Sweep who got away with raping Dave. Also you may have noticed that like last week there have been almost no Quick Looks this week. Unfortunately Vinny and Drew are out of the office, and the engineers that are here are not video engineers. If you wanted to know at one point Alexis and Patrick spent about an hour trying to figure out how the capture equipment worked. As a result there's not much in terms of housekeeping other than the site engineers are still busy re-designing all of Giant Bomb. Finally here's GB user TurboMan's latest Best of Quick Look video:
- Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Community Skullgirls Online Gamertag/PSN ID Swapping Thread - Hook Up with Other Users Here!
- Unofficial Japanese Learning Thread - Give Advice or Try and Learn Over Here!
The original fighting game Skullgirls has received an out-pour of interest from the Giant Bomb community judging by it's impressive wiki article and the same can be said of Legend of Grimlock, a modern dungeon crawler. If you had no idea that there is an iPhone/iPad tie-in game for Mass Effect 3 check out the wiki for Mass Effect: Infiltrator. Finally check out the recent good work on the Mage Knight franchise page and Ridge Racer, and get nostalgic with the Punch-Out!! Arcade and Commodore 64 wiki articles.
- Legend of Grimrock
- Mass Effect: Infiltrator
- Mage Knight (Franchise)
- Commodore 64
- Ridge Racer V
Best of BlogsThe true highlight for this week as hinted in the faux banner for this week are the artistic works by Fobwashed who has been pixelizing images of the staff this week. Not to be outdone GB user Jan has created a 3D model of the Giant Bomb logo. We have a whole slew of blogs about PAX East 2012 this week from users Xpgamer7, Apocralyptic, and Marino. AlexW00d has started a blog series about his efforts to play every game in the 1C Complete pack, and jbn566 continues his series about baseball video games. TheDudeOfGaming and pickassoreborn talk about how they can't go back to Skyrim anymore. Music Maestro Hamst3r has some new works of his he wants you to listen to. AlisterCat talks about indie games and shares some fan art for Pid and ErgoMeSmart continues his efforts to finish his Indie Game Bundle backlog. TinoXtreme went back to the first two Sonic games and hasvlad went back to manhunt. Finally as always users Video_Game_King and Psycosis continue their blog series and tas to be expected there are many more blogs worth checking out on Giant Bomb every day.
- Giant Bomb Crew in Faux 16-Bit (By: Fobwashed)
- Jar Time with Jeff. More Pixels -_-;; (By: Fobwashed)
- By the Numbers: StreetPAXin East 2012 (By: Marino)
- The 1C Complete Pack and Me. A Farewell to Dragons (By: AlexW00d)
- History of Baseball Video Games #10 - Nintendo's Bases Loaded (By: jbn566)
- Giant Bomb 3D Model (By: Jan)
- Let's Talk Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer (By: heatDrive88)
- Artistically, This Blog is All Over the Place (By: Video_Game_King)
- No.0019 Manhunt (By: hasvlad)
- Blog #056 - Pid. Robots with Hats? or Fez? (By: AlisterCat)
- The Love Affair is Over (By: pickassoreborn)
- Get Up on These Hot Tracks. They're Hot. It's Okay to Get Naked. (By: Hamst3r)
- Rivalry Ribaldry (By: Mento)
- Best of Quick Looks 23 - Flight Club (By: TurboMan)
- 1.21 Gigawatts?!! - Time Travel in Games (By: AdzPearson)
- Playing All the Video Games - Part 000002: 007: Agent Under Fire (By: F1000003)
- Indie Bundle Backlog Battle #3 - Alien Zombie Megadeath (By: ErgoMeSmart)
- PAX East 2012: Day Two [Day Three] (By: Apocralyptic)
- Critical Path: How to Review Videogames for a Living Review (By: Apathylad)
- I Beat Sonic 1 and 2 This Week. Here is What I Think. (By: TinoXtreme)
- Why Dark Souls on PC Will Very Probably Save the World (By: Egge)
- I Play Porn Games for the Story // 04.08.2012 (By: Psycosis)
- You Should Play This - Darksiders (By: Hizang)
- My Stupidity and Power Leveling (By: The DudeOfGaming)
- PAX East Impressions (By: Xpgamer7)
- Tales of Graces F: Some Thoughts on this Great JRPG (By: spazmaster666)
Three lists this week. Pepsiman gives you a handful of games that might teach you something about the Japanese language. AdzPearson who has been writing blogs about JRPGs gives you a status on the ones he has played. Finally Mento lists the games he has played that having floating cities in them.
- Putting Yourself on a Pedastol: Pepsiman's List of "Educational" Japanese Games (By: Pepsiman)
- JRPGs I've Played (and the Progress I Made on Them) (By: AdzPearson)
- They All Float Up Here (By: Mento)
- MordeaniisChaos's user review of Shoot Many Robots
- Marudakar's user review of Skullgirls
- decker12's user review of Legend of Grimrock
- MikeLemmer's user review of Hack, Slash, Loot
- Hizang's user review of Twisted Metal
- Grumbel's user review of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- Shacks's user review of I Am Alive