By ZombiePie 20 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! With the doldrums of the charity marathons behind us the site is going full speed ahead to cover all of the big games coming out now. In case you did miss the 24 Hour Halo Marathon it is now available to listen to for all users. A member of the Forza Horizon made a wonderful car design inspired by Ryan Davis and the most recent membership t-shirt. Also "inspired" by Ryan Davis was the nightmare fuel of a video titled "Fuck Ryan Davis." Also, a bit of a warning in regards to all the big games coming out. Spoiling the ending to any or all major releases on the forums is not tolerated, regards if a staff member does so on a livestream. Failure to keep this in mind will result in moderation. Finally check out these amazing fake political advertisements directed against the Giant Bomb staff:
Community Activities and Game Nights
- Assassin's Creed III PSN ID Friends List - Stab Fellow Users in the Neck Over Here!
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted Xbox Live Gamertag List - Hook Up With Other Users Over Here!
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted PSN ID List - Hook Up With Other Users Over Here!
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted PC/Origin Friends List - Hook Up With Other Users Over Here!
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter PC Community Server - Join the Server Over Here!
- Giant Bomb vs. GameFAQs Persona 4 Arena PS3 Tournament - All Set for November 17th - Sign-Ups Over Here!
- PC Gaming Hub - See What the Weekly Plans are for the GB PC Gaming Community Over Here!
Wonderful WikisHey big games are coming out! Yeah that's right Assassin's Creed III and WWE '13 both mark the latest entries in annualized franchises. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward has gain a great deal of detail for its wiki entry after a wiki task was completed for the page. If the Quick Look got you interested in Natural Selection II check out its wiki page for more details. Curious to learn more about the "hopping demons" from the Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare at Northpoint DLC? Rest assured, Giant Bomb has an oddly detailed wiki page for the "Jiang Shi." Finally with the HD re-release of Okami check out the wiki page for teh original game to see why so many people care so strongly about the game.
Best of BlogsArbitraryWater bit the bullet for the entire Giant Bomb community and played a slew of terrible and bad Interplay developed video games and discusses why they are so bad on his latest blog. BraveToaster provides a description of his adventures and thoughts on Guild Wars 2 after playing it for two weeks. D_Bones and DarkFury have both started looking at the games and game experiences they enjoyed the most as the year gets closer to ending. Mento took the theme of the day of the dead to its literal meaning by blogging about the depictions of the Grim Reaper in video games, related is yeah_write's blog where he discusses how errand quests in Darksiders II have reminded him how he hates errand quests and why. Fattony12000 got around to Borderlands and Hotline Miami this month, whereas Apocralyptic got around to a slew of 360 and downloadable titles. Jakob187 is using the dungeon editor in to recreate all of the levels from the first Doom game and you should check out his blog to see how his progress is coming. Video_Game_King continues his trend of playing old school video games looking at two Japanese games with plenty of monsters in them. IrrelevantJohn bought his very first fight stick and chronicles his first experiences with it, while BlazeHedgehog continues his video blog with a look at some Halloween themed goodness. MMMman blogged about why he enjoys his Windows Phone but laments the fact that it is terrible at playing video games. FinalDasa gave Dark Souls a try but mostly spent his time on his blog raging about Dark Souls. MajorMitch and Sparky_Buzzsaw both wrote their weekly blogs and F1000003 continues his effort to play every single James Bond video game. dankemspter continues to slog through Final Fantasy VII, and finally BitterAlmond equivocates on why he thinks Hotline Miami is a "masterpiece."
- In Which I Talk About Video Games and Maybe Interplay Junk (By: ArbitraryWater)
- Guild Wars 2: My First Two Weeks (By: BraveToaster)
- Games I Played 2012: Episode 7 - Rayman Origins (By: D_Bones)
- Reapin' Ain't Easy: Death Becomes Hero (By: Mento)
- Fatbomb: October Edition (By: Fattony12000)
- Doom into LoG: Part 1 - E1M1 Hangar Prep (By: Jakob187)
- Monsters! Monsters and Turn-Based Combat! (By: Video_Game_King)
- Fight Stick Diaries Part 01 (By: IrrelevantJohn)
- What I've Been Playing (By: Apocralyptic)
- The Deadliest Errand Boy (By: yeah_write)
- Games of 2012 (Week 1) (By: DarkFury)
- New Video Review: Trick or Treat 2012 Feature (By: BlazeHedgehog)
- Windows Phone is Great. Unless You Like Playing Compelling Games (By: MMMman)
- 12 Hours In: My Thoughts on Dark Souls (By: FinalDasa)
- Hotline Miami is a Masterpiece: Part 1 (By: BitterAlmond)
- Weekly Roundup 10/28/2012 (By: MajorMitch)
- Sparky's Update - PS+ Madness, World of Keflings, Yesterday (By: Sparky_Buzzsaw)
- Enduring Final Fantasy VII - Episode Thirty-One (By: dankempster)
- Playing All the Video Games - Part 000008 (By: F1000003)
Fantastic ForumsThis month is national novel writing month and in case you are the creative type join the other members of the Giant Community that are rearing to write their own books. If you have played Pid talk about your impressions of the game in the official discussion thread for it. Finally in case you missed Tested's Octoberkast GB user Benny has compiled a list of links of all the times Giant Bomb staff
- National Novel Writing Month (By: Hunter5024)
- Your Pid Impressions (By: AssInAss)
- Compiled List of Bomb Squad Stints on Octoberkast 2012 (By: Benny)
- AndyC's user review of Assassin's Creed III
- Sin4profit's user review of Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Mento's user review of Darksiders II
- Apocralyptic's user review of Dishonored
- TheSilentGod's user review of Dishonored
- bubba1287's user review of XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- DrGreatJob's user review of Natural Selection
- Mystyr_E's user review of Torchlight II