Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Everybody is getting the Nintendo Revolution, except Americans.

• 158 results
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Godwind
    @Symphony said:
    " Way to leave out Canadians, you heartless jerk.

For some crazy reason I don't think color is going to be a major factor in convincing people who don't own a Wii to buy one. "You know, I would love to get a Wii but it just doesn't match the motif of my living room. If I could get it in black or maybe chrome, I would certainly purchase one."

Sure choice is always good, but I certainly won't lose any sleep over the fact black Wii's aren't available in North America. Although with that said, seeing as I don't own a Wii myself and am still considering buying one, were I given the choice, I'd buy the black one. :P "
    Increase sales.  Style is considered a fairly important factor when talking sales.   Why does a Ford model T need to be any other color?  It doesn't but it is a luxury image that people like.
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Ubiquitous
    @Famov said:
    "@ArchScabby said:
    "Black Wii won't make shitty games fun. "
    Now now, how do you get a post count like that with this kind of attitude!? Well in any case, I do admit I am at times quite jealous of Playstation 3 exclusives: Devil May Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Tekken 6, and of course, Final Fantasy XIII. Truly, the list is endless!  On topic, I would totally get a black Wii if I did not already have one. What a great color for the system! "

None of those games are PS3 exclusive...
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ubiquitous

I sold my Wii, I don't think the black outer shell will entice me to buy another.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#54  Edited By Symphony
    @Godwind said:

" @Symphony said:

For some crazy reason I don't think color is going to be a major factor in convincing people who don't own a Wii to buy one. "You know, I would love to get a Wii but it just doesn't match the motif of my living room. If I could get it in black or maybe chrome, I would certainly purchase one."

Sure choice is always good, but I certainly won't lose any sleep over the fact black Wii's aren't available in North America. Although with that said, seeing as I don't own a Wii myself and am still considering buying one, were I given the choice, I'd buy the black one. :P "
    Increase sales.  Style is considered a fairly important factor when talking sales.   Why does a Ford model T need to be any other color?  It doesn't but it is a luxury image that people like. "
    That then begs the question "Why only one new color?" Of course style is important, but if you're going to make a market push based purely on aesthetics, you'll get a lot more sales if you offer additional options -- possibly make a few colors limited edition. Unless of course you're talking about a collectible item, which the Wii is not. They've released new colors (with some being limited edition) in the past with GBAs and DSes to some success and are also releasing multiple new colors for the DSi. Why would they scrap that idea and quietly release only one new color to smaller markets, such as South America first if they were going for an increase in sales through style? 

Granted, I'm sure there will be at least a small increase in sales if and when it's released, but will the majority of the buyers be existing Wii-owners who want a stylish new black one or non-Wii owners who held off until black ones were available? I have a feeling most will fall under the first category unless another price drop came with it which seems ridiculously unlikely as there was one just recently... but maybe a bundle? *shrugs* 

In any case I stand by my point that color won't be a major factor in convincing people who don't yet own a Wii to buy one -- especially if the options are black or white. Maybe Metallic Cobalt Blue or Metallic Cherry Red. ;)
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Black_Rose
    @Seedofpower said:
    " How is change the color of your console revolutionizing anything? "
    He's making a reference to when the Wii was first announced as the Revolution, it was black.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nail1080
    @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    " Black Wii won't make shitty games fun. "
    This "
    Apparently, it also won't make haters stop hatin' on shit they don't know anything about either.  =  / "
    Wait so that's what you call gamers these days, "haters"? Duder, c'mon, just because we don't like standing up and wiggling a plastic toy doesn't mean we don't know 'shit' about the Wii. No serious gamers has the Wii on the top of their list as the console they always want to play, it's just an accepted fact at this stage and someone who comes to giantbomb as much as you should know just as much considering the staff are always poking fun at how they "own a Wii" but never mention actually playing it...
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By animateria

Once you go black, you never go back?

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Metroid545
    @ArchScabby said:
    pretty ignorant of you there are some awesome games on the wii even if there are few
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By animateria
    @Metroid545 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    pretty ignorant of you there are some awesome games on the wii even if there are few "
    Well, technically it's a true statement. Since crappy Wii games will still suck. While the good ones will still be good. :P
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By bonbolapti

I want a balck Wii, so I can prop it right close to my PS3 and imagine I'm using it. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By oldschool
    @nail1080 said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    This "
    Apparently, it also won't make haters stop hatin' on shit they don't know anything about either.  =  / "
    Wait so that's what you call gamers these days, "haters"? Duder, c'mon, just because we don't like standing up and wiggling a plastic toy doesn't mean we don't know 'shit' about the Wii. No serious gamers has the Wii on the top of their list as the console they always want to play, it's just an accepted fact at this stage and someone who comes to giantbomb as much as you should know just as much considering the staff are always poking fun at how they "own a Wii" but never mention actually playing it... "
    Just curious, with 820ish games from most consoles over the last 10 year plus, do I make it as a serious gamer? 

Before you answer, let me just tell you that my favourite 10 games of this generation are all Wii.  You know jack, but you are welcome to share it.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ArchScabby
    @animateria said:
    " @Metroid545 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    pretty ignorant of you there are some awesome games on the wii even if there are few "
    Well, technically it's a true statement. Since crappy Wii games will still suck. While the good ones will still be good. :P "
    That's exactly what I was going to say.  The Wii can have good games, but the system is crap.  I liked Zelda on it, and I'll play boom blox or mario kart with my sister every once in a while, but the system for the most part sucks, and so does it's library of games.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ArchScabby
    @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    This "
    What's that supposed to mean anyway?  I know as much about the Wii as anyone else, I should since our house has two of them.  It doesn't change the fact that at least 80% of the Wii's library is crap.  When I think about the Wii all I see is shit.  The good stuff is barried under mounds and mounds of it.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64  Edited By JonathanMoore
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " That's unusual since the Americans normally get all the good stuff. Now you guys now how we feel. "
    This.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By Metroid545
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @animateria said:
    " @Metroid545 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    Well, technically it's a true statement. Since crappy Wii games will still suck. While the good ones will still be good. :P "
    That's exactly what I was going to say.  The Wii can have good games, but the system is crap.  I liked Zelda on it, and I'll play boom blox or mario kart with my sister every once in a while, but the system for the most part sucks, and so does it's library of games. "
    alright my bad i took that as "wii sux go xbox and halo!"
    The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The_Ish

I don't see the point, when people are unlikely to buy a second Wii. 

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By PureRok
    @JonathanMoore said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    " That's unusual since the Americans normally get all the good stuff. Now you guys now how we feel. "
    This. "
    I don't see how this makes us know how you feel. Missing out on a color of a console is hardly a big a deal.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By Willy105
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " You already have Obama. What more do you need? "
    People don't come to my house to play with Obama. They come to play the Wii. "
    People come to your house just to play your Wii? "
    Is that odd?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Willy105 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Is that odd? "
    Very.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Willy105
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Is that odd? "
    Very. "
    I didn't know that.
    vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By vendetta
    @ArchScabby said:
    The thread should have ended after this statement on the first page.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By oldschool
    @Vendetta said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    The thread should have ended after this statement on the first page. "
    No console will make a shitty game fun and there are plenty of shitty games on all consoles throughout the ages.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By nail1080
    @oldschool said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    This "
    Wait so that's what you call gamers these days, "haters"? Duder, c'mon, just because we don't like standing up and wiggling a plastic toy doesn't mean we don't know 'shit' about the Wii. No serious gamers has the Wii on the top of their list as the console they always want to play, it's just an accepted fact at this stage and someone who comes to giantbomb as much as you should know just as much considering the staff are always poking fun at how they "own a Wii" but never mention actually playing it... "
    Just curious, with 820ish games from most consoles over the last 10 year plus, do I make it as a serious gamer?  Before you answer, let me just tell you that my favourite 10 games of this generation are all Wii.  You know jack, but you are welcome to share it. "
    Well I find it hard to believe that if you own a 360 or a PS3 or both that you spend more time playing the Wii. I own a Wii...lol... and I'm not great with made up stats but I would estimate that I've played my xbox 360 10,000 times + more than my Wii, and I'd say that same applies to most people with both consoles. Oh could you please list those 10 games please and tell me what was that last times you've played each one. Also, with your 800+ games I'm guessing you play games every day and since your top 10 games this gen are Wii I'm sure you play a good few of them for a good few hours each day (because that's what people tend to do with their 'favourite' games) so please let me know how you do that and how it's even possible...

Also, you only need to listen to the Bombcast to figure that the staff think the Wii is lame. I mean what's the ratio of Wii to 360/ps3 games in the 'what have you been playing' segment? Pretty big difference I'd say...
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By rallier
    @nail1080 said:

" @oldschool said:

" @nail1080 said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    This "
    Just curious, with 820ish games from most consoles over the last 10 year plus, do I make it as a serious gamer?  Before you answer, let me just tell you that my favourite 10 games of this generation are all Wii.  You know jack, but you are welcome to share it. "
    Well I find it hard to believe that if you own a 360 or a PS3 or both that you spend more time playing the Wii. I own a Wii...lol... and I'm not great with made up stats but I would estimate that I've played my xbox 360 10,000 times + more than my Wii, and I'd say that same applies to most people with both consoles. Oh could you please list those 10 games please and tell me what was that last times you've played each one. Also, with your 800+ games I'm guessing you play games every day and since your top 10 games this gen are Wii I'm sure you play a good few of them for a good few hours each day (because that's what people tend to do with their 'favourite' games) so please let me know how you do that and how it's even possible...  Also, you only need to listen to the Bombcast to figure that the staff think the Wii is lame. I mean what's the ratio of Wii to 360/ps3 games in the 'what have you been playing' segment? Pretty big difference I'd say... "
    "cough" Flamebait "cough"

Anyway on subject i'm sure that the US will get it eventually but i doubt that it will be out this Christmas. Nintendo is probably keeping it for when Wii sales get a bit slower.
    Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Famov
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    This "
    What's that supposed to mean anyway?  I know as much about the Wii as anyone else, I should since our house has two of them.  It doesn't change the fact that at least 80% of the Wii's library is crap.  When I think about the Wii all I see is shit.  The good stuff is barried under mounds and mounds of it. "

80% of any game library is stupid. This has always been true. And anyway, the quality of a console has nothing to do with its proportion of good games. It has to do with its raw number of good games. 

What is superior, a console with five good games and four hundred bad games, or a system with four good games and zero bad games? The former is better because it has more good games. Your argument is illogical, and is simply predicated on the "lol carnival games" stereotype, but the fact of the matter is that Carnival Games doesn't matter because the existance of a bad game does not magically lower the quality of a videogame system. How could it? Good games make a system better, but bad games simply exist. You will not be buying Redneck Jamboree, I will not be buying Redneck Jamboree, nobody on giantbomb will be buying Redneck Jamboree, so how can its existance lower the quality of the system? 

And the Wii has plenty of good games. So your comment may be literally true, (indeed, the quality of software is unaffected by the color of a console) but your intent is suspect, and that's why you were called out.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Meowayne

I own a 360 and a Wii and spend pretty much the same amount of time on both. And everyone, please point at nail1080 and laugh at him trying to make an argument of "Its on the bombcast!".

I am busy with Fallout3, Batman:AA, A Boy And His Blob and Dead Space: Extraction. 
    ABAHB and Dead Space: E get much more love at the moment. 

"Serious gamers" do not turn away from a library of awesome games because of preconceptions made three years ago when they were somewhat valid.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @PureRok said:
    " @JonathanMoore said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    This. "
    I don't see how this makes us know how you feel. Missing out on a color of a console is hardly a big a deal. "
    I was actually referring to any game related material. Something like special editions of a game that's only released in the US but not in Europe rather then this Wii specifically.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#78  Edited By Geno
    @ArchScabby said:
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Godwind
    @Symphony said:

" @Godwind said:

" @Symphony said:

Increase sales.  Style is considered a fairly important factor when talking sales.   Why does a Ford model T need to be any other color?  It doesn't but it is a luxury image that people like. "
    That then begs the question "Why only one new color?" Of course style is important, but if you're going to make a market push based purely on aesthetics, you'll get a lot more sales if you offer additional options -- possibly make a few colors limited edition. Unless of course you're talking about a collectible item, which the Wii is not. They've released new colors (with some being limited edition) in the past with GBAs and DSes to some success and are also releasing multiple new colors for the DSi. Why would they scrap that idea and quietly release only one new color to smaller markets, such as South America first if they were going for an increase in sales through style?   Granted, I'm sure there will be at least a small increase in sales if and when it's released, but will the majority of the buyers be existing Wii-owners who want a stylish new black one or non-Wii owners who held off until black ones were available? I have a feeling most will fall under the first category unless another price drop came with it which seems ridiculously unlikely as there was one just recently... but maybe a bundle? *shrugs*   In any case I stand by my point that color won't be a major factor in convincing people who don't yet own a Wii to buy one -- especially if the options are black or white. Maybe Metallic Cobalt Blue or Metallic Cherry Red. ;) "
    It's not a logical issue.  There is nothing reasonable about why people need to have any other color than black or white or why it has.  Hardware color change tends to improve sales and rejuvenate interest into a console.  The same reason why there is a PSP-1000, PSP- 2000, PSP-3000, PSPGo, and a Gameboy,  Gameboy (with a colored shell ), Gameboy pocket,  Gameboy Color.  There are multiple colors of Dreamcasts despite its short life span, which did increase sales by 150% during this period.  Don't ask me why some people find it a need to have it in a color.  I personally find myself concerened with Hardware revisions.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Willy105
    @Vendetta said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    The thread should have ended after this statement on the first page. "
    Why? Because of it's fanboyish double meaning?
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By dbz1995
    @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Win.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By oldschool
    @nail1080 said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    This "
    Well I find it hard to believe that if you own a 360 or a PS3 or both that you spend more time playing the Wii. I own a Wii...lol... and I'm not great with made up stats but I would estimate that I've played my xbox 360 10,000 times + more than my Wii, and I'd say that same applies to most people with both consoles. Oh could you please list those 10 games please and tell me what was that last times you've played each one. Also, with your 800+ games I'm guessing you play games every day and since your top 10 games this gen are Wii I'm sure you play a good few of them for a good few hours each day (because that's what people tend to do with their 'favourite' games) so please let me know how you do that and how it's even possible...  Also, you only need to listen to the Bombcast to figure that the staff think the Wii is lame. I mean what's the ratio of Wii to 360/ps3 games in the 'what have you been playing' segment? Pretty big difference I'd say... "
    Why would I give a large rodent's behind what the staff on Giantbomb think and play?  I have said it before and I will say it again, I have no respect for their opinions on games - none. 

As for your flamebait, and yes, we are laughing at you, the best 10 games I have for this gen are (in no particular order and of course, a personal view): 
    Super Mario Galaxy, House of Dead: Overkill, Little King's Story, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rune Factory Frontier, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki: Search for Barbaros Treasure.  Everyone of them has had far more game time than any of my 360 games.  In fact, I can add Animal Crossing, Battalion Wars 2, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort as well, plus Mario Strikers Charged, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves as having more game time than any 360 game.  I left off multiplats like Guitar Hero and Rockband.

The most I have played of any game on the 360 is Eternal Sonata, then Infinite Undiscovery, Forza 2 and Viva Pinata.  Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto 4, Fallout 3 & Halo Wars were given an hour and left as I couldn't get into them.  I did manage to play a bit more of Bioshock, but I stopped after about 3 hours.  There are 27 x 360 games for me to choose from.  the last time the 360 was turned on was over a month ago for Forza 2.  The Wii is on almost every day, lately for House of Dead: Overkill. 

Now you know my gaming habits, I am sure you will come back and proffer up some ridiculous nonsense.  Here's a tip, don't bother, quit whilst you're behind.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Jesus christ I didn't realize there were so many Wii haters on GB. There are plenty of excellent games on every platform, the "wii has no good games" argument is no longer valid. It all comes down to which games your more interested in. I can count over 20 games that I really want to play on the Wii, and thats a lot of games! 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Willy105
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " Jesus christ I didn't realize there were so many Wii haters on GB. There are plenty of excellent games on every platform, the "wii has no good games" argument is no longer valid. It all comes down to which games your more interested in. I can count over 20 games that I really want to play on the Wii, and thats a lot of games!  "
    As the site grows in popularity, so does the richness of variety in cultures and opinions.

No that is not a good thing.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Black_Rose said:
    " @Seedofpower said:
    " How is change the color of your console revolutionizing anything? "
    He's making a reference to when the Wii was first announced as the Revolution, it was black. "
    I see now it makes sense.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ArchScabby
    @oldschool: Hey man I just want to say that I mostly agree with what you say, at least compared to that other guy, and at least about some games.  I like fun wii games, I just don't like the console.  Except for Animal Crossing.  I've never got that game and don't think I ever will.  It annoys me soooo so bad, and I have no idea why. lol
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@ArchScabby said:
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Willy105
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    "
    Another blank post glitch. Why is this happening?
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    "
    Another blank post glitch. Why is this happening? "
    It's not a glitch, it's people quoting and then not typing anything because either they were gonna say the same thing or they just agree.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, why does every thread remotely related to the Wii get trolls saying it has no games? Go make your own threads people, stop bogging down the forums with your shit, at least make it optional for the user so he knows what he's getting into. There's no way the topic title and subject should have spurred this type of discussion. There are places this discussion happens legitimately. Of course some of you already tried to discuss there and failed to present an argument, and some others know they have no point other than to troll and therefor keep away, but yeah, come on, leave some corner of this community untainted please. Seriously, what's wrong? Don't you have games to play for your entertainment? Yeah, I'm totally the bad guy now, for calling people trolls, because otherwise this was such a nice thread to experience! ...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Willy105
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " So, why does every thread remotely related to the Wii get trolls saying it has no games? Go make your own threads people, stop bogging down the forums with your shit, at least make it optional for the user so he knows what he's getting into. There's no way the topic title and subject should have spurred this type of discussion. There are places this discussion happens legitimately. Of course some of you already tried to discuss there and failed to present an argument, and some others know they have no point other than to troll and therefor keep away, but yeah, come on, leave some corner of this community untainted please. Seriously, what's wrong? Don't you have games to play for your entertainment? Yeah, I'm totally the bad guy now, for calling people trolls, because otherwise this was such a nice thread to experience! ... "
    Well, what are else are they going to do? If you don't own or play a Wii, then you obviously won't know anything about it, and have nothing to add to a conversation.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jimbo

Anybody that didn't buy a Wii, because the colour didn't match their living room, needs to go and throw themselves under a train.  

Ditto anybody that did buy a Wii o:)

MasterMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MasterMind

want a black wii. simple solution paint it

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By oldschool
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @oldschool: Hey man I just want to say that I mostly agree with what you say, at least compared to that other guy, and at least about some games.  I like fun wii games, I just don't like the console.  Except for Animal Crossing.  I've never got that game and don't think I ever will.  It annoys me soooo so bad, and I have no idea why. lol "
    Animal Crossing is very niche in my view.  I can easily see why someone would dislike the game, kind of like Viva Pinata being the same way.  I think a lot of games I enjoy are really quite niche and on the odd occasion it clears the hurdle to mainstream popularity. 

There is nothing wrong with not liking a console.  What is wrong, and I am not saying to you, but as a general comment, when a person becomes fixated on hating or ridiculing a console, the problem is with them.  I get a lot of people asking me about consoles and games, simply because I am far more into it than them.  I have several times told friends, don't get a Wii, it won't suit you.  That is true because I understand what the person enjoys and the social/family life they have.   

People who just hate and are irrational about their views are worthless for opinions and their posts on the internet as a whole are more than useless.  Even though I have 2 PSP and 40 games, my view of the PSP is really quite low (the consoles were free).  Even though I don't shy away from my view as to why I don't really like the PSP much, unlike some of the really stupid posters in Wii threads, I don't go into every PSP thread and bash it.  Those who bash the WIi in these threads think they are funny and clever and man, they will one day look back at their behaviour and finally realise what absolute tools they used to make of themselves.  
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By oldschool
    @Jimbo said:
    " Anybody that didn't buy a Wii, because the colour didn't match their living room, needs to go and throw themselves under a train"
    Do you understand how the market works?   

The average consumer is primordial.  They are distracted by shiny and yes, they are that shallow.  When a product is released, price is a big determiner, but so is looks.  Only the "hardcore", or early adopters jump straight in regardless of price.  After that settles down, to keep sales ticking along, you get price reductions and colour changes to attract those still sitting on the fence.  You get some extra sales, holding up the graph and that settles down and you do it again and again. 

We have had price reductions and console colour (and size) changes on all of the consoles (I myself are hanging back on the PS3 waiting for what I want in price, now size has been addredded).  It isn't unique to Nintendo.  They were all looking to move more units because they understand how the market works.  Yes, there will be people hanging back waiting for a colour they like and a price they can accept.  These are the marketing manoeuvres to get the consumer to come on board.  If you change nothing, you get stagnation and eventual retraction.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jimbo

Hence why they need to go and throw themselves under trains (any colour train will do).

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By agentboolen

Its only a different color, its not like its worth buying a brand new wii for.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By oldschool
    @Jimbo said:
    " Hence why they need to go and throw themselves under trains (any colour train will do). "
    Then who will buy shovelware?  ^-^
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By ThomasP
    @ieatlions said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    "
    How does this have anything to do with the topic? Quit trolling the forums with pointless bullshit.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ryanwho

If I was playing Lair or Haze on a white PS3 I would be having less fun. If I was playing Section 8 or Bomberman Act Zero or Vampire Rain or Darkest of Days on a white 360 I would be having less fun. Black consoles make games more fun confirmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.