Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Will you be pissed off if...

• 54 results
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

...when the next Xbox console comes out your gamerscore will not be brought over and you will have to start from scratch with whatever 'score system' they come out with?

What I'd like to see personally is that they'd carry over your 360 gamerscore and games on your profile and also create a brand new achievement system for the new console, as I'm assuming that the next xbox will be able to play all 360 games.

Anyway, it's all a long way away but for people with a high gamerscore it's certainly something worth thinking about. I mean will you be pissed to see your precious e-peen wiped away?

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I'd be indifferent about it, but then again I've got a pathetically low gamerscore in comparison to other people, but that's probably because I've only had my 360 for a few months and haven't exactly had the cash for a ton of games.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Yes.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo
    nail1080 said:
    "...when the next Xbox console comes out your gamerscore will not be brought over and you will have to start from scratch with whatever 'score system' they come out with?"
    It will be carried over. Trust me, I know. They would not drop their main marketing ploy or they would lose a lot of customers.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus

I'd like a new gamerscore type system. I bought an Xbox over a year after launch, and was way behind. I'd really like to buy the games as the come out, from the first to the last, and have them all be in order and never fall behind...

Yeah, that's a terrible reason, but it's what keeps me from really being an achievement whore.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Verdugo

That would suck. But they would most definitely carry over gamerscore.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nail1080
    Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    "...when the next Xbox console comes out your gamerscore will not be brought over and you will have to start from scratch with whatever 'score system' they come out with?"
    It will be carried over. Trust me, I know. They would not drop their main marketing ploy or they would lose a lot of customers."
    Trust you why? Do you work for M$ or something? Nothing is certain, so just answer the question please and don't act like you know things which one cannot be certain about as fact.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nail1080
    TooWalrus said:
    "I'd like a new gamerscore type system. I bought an Xbox over a year after launch, and was way behind. I'd really like to buy the games as the come out, from the first to the last, and have them all be in order and never fall behind...Yeah, that's a terrible reason, but it's what keeps me from really being an achievement whore."
    No one is way behind, because if you get a 1000/1000 in a really hard game eg. Ninja Gaiden 2 or something like that, or 200/200 in Mega Man 9, then that's a great achievement. It's not necessarily about how big your number is what's to be proud of, it' more like what hard or impressive achievements you have obtained.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

I would give a shit less about a reset gamerscore since I don't care about achievements, but if they do what they did with the original Xbox when the 360 launched, basically drop support for it completely and try to force everyone to upgrade immediately, I'll be pretty annoyed. The main thing that would piss me off is if all the downloadable games/dlc etc. that you got on your 360 is just gone forever and not carried over to the next console, and I have a feeling that is going to happen....that's why I especially don't want a new console to come out anytime soon.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By The_Dude
    nail1080 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    It will be carried over. Trust me, I know. They would not drop their main marketing ploy or they would lose a lot of customers."
    Trust you why? Do you work for M$ or something? Nothing is certain, so just answer the question please and don't act like you know things which one cannot be certain about as fact."
    Nah man, just trust him.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
    nail1080 said:
    "Trust you why? Do you work for M$ or something? Nothing is certain, so just answer the question please and don't act like you know things which one cannot be certain about as fact."
    Yes it is certain, why would they drop it? Give me a reason.

P.S. The fact you used "M$" shows what kind of person you are.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't really care about gamerscore so i would not. i think there would be a lot of people making post about how microsoft is doing that.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nail1080
    Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    "Trust you why? Do you work for M$ or something? Nothing is certain, so just answer the question please and don't act like you know things which one cannot be certain about as fact."
    Yes it is certain, why would they drop it? Give me a reason.P.S. The fact you used "M$" shows what kind of person you are."
    Oh yeah because MS isn't all about the money at all? So what if I used M$
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'd rather them start from the beginning. New console, new games, new GamerScore. Starting fresh.You'd still have your 360 gamerscore, and it'd be on the same account so it would display both gamerscores, so you have a 360 gamerscore and your *insert next xbox name here* gamerscore.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scooper
    nail1080 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    Yes it is certain, why would they drop it? Give me a reason.P.S. The fact you used "M$" shows what kind of person you are."
    Oh yeah because MS isn't all about the money at all? So what if I used M$"
    If they're all about money then they'll carry over the same system as to not piss off their customers. You've answered your own question.
    fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fishinwithguns

I may be wrong, but didn't they allow people with XBox Live on the original XBox carry over their gamertags to their 360s when they came out?  If they did that, I don't see why they wouldn't allow your gamerscore to cross over...they wouldn't make you create a new gamertag, so I think your score would stay the same.  But personally I never gave a shit about gamerscores and I'm really quite baffled by people who do, but if you do care I don't think you need to worry about it.  Microsoft would piss off a lot of people if they totally wiped out everyone's gamerscores, and I'm sure they're aware of that.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By dogbox

Agreed with Vinchenzo, I see no reason why they would take a really addictive system that the majority of users enjoy out of the next Xbox. That being said, I don't think I'd care that much if they for whatever reason decided not to.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    nail1080 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    Trust you why? Do you work for M$ or something? Nothing is certain, so just answer the question please and don't act like you know things which one cannot be certain about as fact."
    Trust us, you should trust him. Also this shithead attitude of yours is probably why mods lock your thread and why plenty of people hate you. Trust me when I say you should trust Vinchenzo.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo
    MasturbatingBear said:
    "nail1080 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    Trust us, you should trust him. Also this shithead attitude of yours is probably why mods lock your thread and why plenty of people hate you. Trust me when I say you should trust Vinchenzo."
    Trust me, you should trust MasturbatingBear here. If not just for his username.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By trophyhunter

I'd like that new console bam everyone in the world is even and now people know how points are

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus
    nail1080 said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "I'd like a new gamerscore type system. I bought an Xbox over a year after launch, and was way behind. I'd really like to buy the games as the come out, from the first to the last, and have them all be in order and never fall behind...Yeah, that's a terrible reason, but it's what keeps me from really being an achievement whore."
    No one is way behind, because if you get a 1000/1000 in a really hard game eg. Ninja Gaiden 2 or something like that, or 200/200 in Mega Man 9, then that's a great achievement. It's not necessarily about how big your number is what's to be proud of, it' more like what hard or impressive achievements you have obtained."
    I'm behind in the games that I need to play. I've got more sitting here than I have time for. I'd rather play them as they come out one at a time, and still be up to snuff with people who play them regularly as well. Also... I'm close to 200/200 in Mega Man. It's not that hard once you... memorize the entire game.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nail1080
    TooWalrus said:
    "nail1080 said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    No one is way behind, because if you get a 1000/1000 in a really hard game eg. Ninja Gaiden 2 or something like that, or 200/200 in Mega Man 9, then that's a great achievement. It's not necessarily about how big your number is what's to be proud of, it' more like what hard or impressive achievements you have obtained."
    I'm behind in the games that I need to play. I've got more sitting here than I have time for. I'd rather play them as they come out one at a time, and still be up to snuff with people who play them regularly as well. Also... I'm close to 200/200 in Mega Man. It's not that hard once you... memorize the entire game."
    Yup me too I have every achievement except clear the game 5 times in 1 day, which I'll save for after my exams!

Ok, how about geo wars 1 or 2, those are hard 200/200s which I'm sure you'd like to cross over to the next xbox!
    Burntlettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Burntlettuce

No i wouldn't, its a new system and new games. I actually don't see why they would transfer the game score TBH.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By kush

I'd be quite annoyed if they didn't carry over, but I can't see how that would happen. Achievement points have become a huge part of why the X360 has been successful whether people want to admit that or not...why would they essentially slap the faces of so many of their supporters? ...and if a completely new system was created; I'm sure they would have some conversion system set up so everyone's achievement points would be converted in the new system's "points".

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

There's no reason for them not to carry points and gamertags over, they allowed gamertag transfers from the original xbox to the 360. As Vinchenzo said, they would be losing a lot of customers.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By JJOR64
    iAmJohn said:
    "Yes."
    It would be a dumb idea not to bring it over.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGremp
    iAmJohn said:
    "Yes."

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jNerd

Achievements will undoubtedly come over unto the next Xbox.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By JJWeatherman

Actually I wouldn't mind. At least I think. I like the idea of starting fresh. Who will care about all your old 360 games anymore? I dont know, if it actually happens I may change my mind.

By the way I do have a fair amount of gamerscore, about 33,000 now.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Microsoft will make sure your gamerscore will transfer over with your account. I'm not concerned at all if the achievements don't transfer over and I just passed 40k last night.

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By absinthetic

i dont see how that would be a problem and i dont really see why they would want to or need to change it

your gamerscore is tied to your username. not the hardware

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Kinarion

Old score should be visible, but the next console (if there is one, Pachter) needs its own score system.  Achievement point values need to reflect the difficulty of the attached achievements.  Pressing the B button 100 times should not be worth as many points as teaching Ninja Gaiden Sigma how to love.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Shadow

they would never do that.  Morons like me who constantly buy games on the 360 over my PS3 because of achievements are a big source of profit

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Red

They won't. They want everyone to have a fair shot and the same start. It's just bragging rights.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By turbomonkey138

NO . Its just a number duder

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CL60
    nail1080 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "nail1080 said:
    Oh yeah because MS isn't all about the money at all? So what if I used M$"
    I'm pretty sure every company is about the money if they want to be successful.
    Butters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Butters

I hope the seperate the two scores. I.E. New achievements that you get on the next gen xbox do not affect your 360 gamerscore.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cdfishman
    Butters said:
    "I hope the seperate the two scores. I.E. New achievements that you get on the next gen xbox do not affect your 360 gamerscore."
    basically.

I treat gamerscore as a metagame anyway, so to me it's akin to losing a progress save.

Keeping a record of it would be satisfactory... to me anyway.
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By j0rdan

It wouldnt personally mind if it does or not,  i think obsessing over your GS is kinda sad anyways,   but i believe your account will fully move over to the next platform.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By keyhunter

My original XBOX account managed to transfer to the 360 just fine, and from the 360 to the PC. Points included. I imagine I will have points on my Zune eventually. J Allard will return with a Zune firmware update, and I will play Zuma for points as originally intended.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By mracoon

As I'm don't really go after achievements I wouldn't really mind. Maybe they could separate your old and new gaemerscores so you still could see both but your main GS was for the new console.

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By j0rdan

something like a

6800 (2500)

with the first as yor total and that in bracket the total game on the next console only.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Considering gamerscore carries between the 360, games for windows, and zune as it is, I'm sure they'll transfer it to the Xbox 3.
    As someone said, it'd be equivelant to losing a game save to a game if not.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karmum

Not really, because I don't see myself gaming as regularly in the next couple of years. Since College is only a couple of years away from me. Although potentially losing 50k plus (under the assumption I reach 100k before the next Xbox, which is possible), I would feel like I wasted alot of time playing games. And I have.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Yep, and have to get my gamertag back too..

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MeierTheRed

Achievements can be fun and all, but i dont think i would be mad or anything if they didn't. I dont check out my achievements anyhow, and i never check my friends either. So if they wanted to reboot the whole Achievement system and just carry over the number of gamerscore points, i wouldn't care, and now when i think of it, i really dont need the score either. It´s pretty useless in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd
    deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 10

I'm pretty sure the score will carry over.  There really isn't a reason that it shouldn't if it's connected to your gamertag.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CL60

No.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ArchScabby

I've got a some what high gamerscore, and I wouldn't be that bent out of shape if it didn't cross over.
    What I would be pissed about though is if because of the wii Microsoft uses some horrible motion controller instead of a traditional one.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jkz

I don't really care, somehow I seem to rack up achievements though. Started from scratch 4 months ago and have 15k, and this is without achievement whoring (except for avater, needed to start somewhere :D)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.