Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week. Well, we did it! We have collectively survived that highs and lows of E3 2016 none the wiser and pining for its return next year! Now before we try to decompress the insanity that was E3 there are a few pieces of site housekeeping worth reviewing.
- For those that missed the announcement during the E3 2016 livestream, Austin will be leaving Giant Bomb after the end of this week. Starting on July 5th, 2016, Austin will be leading Vice's newly created video game site.
- In light of this please join the rest of the GB Community in thanking Austin for his work and contributions to the site.
- It also bears mentioning that the Giant Bomb Community has taken up the task of drafting a name for Vice's gaming site.
- Speaking of thanking people for their service, join the rest of the community in thanking the staff and engineers that made Giant Bomb's E3 2016 coverage possible. No seriously, there are many people that we should thank for the endless laughs and memories that we gained from Giant Bomb's E3 2016 coverage. The least we can do is thank them.
E3 2016 In Summation
Before we review the best offerings that the Giant Bomb has to show for the week let's review the major discussion threads from E3 2016 in case any of you still have comments and/or opinions related to the event you wish to share.
- The Official NINTENDO Thread - Remember to share your opinions on Nintendo's E3 2016 press conference in this discussion thread.
- The Official SONY Thread - Remember to share your opinions on Sony's E3 2016 press conference in this discussion thread.
- The Official UBISOFT Thread - Our Official Ubisoft E3 2016 Press Conference Discussion thread can be found right here.
- The Official MICROSOFT Thread - Feel free to join in our Official Microsoft E3 2016 Discussion Thread over here.
- The Official BETHESDA Thread - Our Bethesda E3 2016 Press Conference Discussion Thread can be found here.
- The Official EA Thread - Our official EA E3 2016 Press Conference Discussion Thread can be found here.
E3 2016 Winning Banners
Many thanks to @hach, @nihlus4, @gundogan, @citizencoffeecake, @deliciousbees, and @tovan for creating the following banners for our official discussion threads related to E3 2016! We had some absolutely STUNNING work this year, and as a result it was tough to decide on any given winning banner!
Clip(s) of the Week
Of COURSE someone synced the ending theme for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to Austin's recent announcement that he will be leaving the site at the end of the week. The end result is the best tribute to Austin that I have seen yet.
Ah it is another JoJo's Bizarre Adventure mashup and this time TurboMan used the iconic outro to add an extra level of hilarity to John Vignocchi's "auto-correct" story.
Here's a video compiling every time Dan offered Austin a snack during the E3 press conference livestreams.
Giant Bomb Galleria of Art
User papercut created this AMAZING poster which was inspired by Giant Bomb’s Jenga antics during the various E3 2016 livestreams!
Many thanks to DarkbeatDK for making Vinny’s Pokemon-related misconstruction a reality for all to enjoy!
In case anyone wanted it here is the full sized version of Giant Bomb’s E3 2016 homepage background!
Best of Blogs
Which E3 2016 trailers were the most and least popular on Giant Bomb? Thanks to the efforts of Marino, you can find out on this highly informational blog.
DarkbeatDK blogged about all of the big games from Japanese developers that were showcased during E3 2016.
Fellow moderator Gamer_152 committed himself to blogging about all of the major E3 2016 press conferences as he usually does. Feel free to check them all out, and share your impressions of the conferences with him.
dogbox found himself enamored with seven specific games showcased during E3 2016, and you might be surprised to see which games they were.
What games was MikeLemmer playing while enjoying E3 2016 livestreams? Discover what they were, and what he thought of them, by reading his latest blog.
CJduke uses this blog to question how the creators of Doom managed to create one of the most compelling FPS campaigns, at least in his opinion, in years.
Hadoken extrapolates on his lengthy, and surprisingly straightforward, journey towards acquiring a Dark Souls IIIPlatinum trophy. Read all about how he did it over here.
xerseslives's latest, and final, Overwatch guide reviews how to make the most out of the offense classes! Discover how you too can improve your game by reading this blog.
While moderating the E3 streams, Mento also found time to create: a new SNES/SFC title screen collage based on his recent wiki work; a series of "E3 alternative" blogs that featured a screenshot LP of Squaresoft's Rudra no Hihou for Super Famicom; and another Sunday update on his week of gaming and wiki work. He's going to lie down for a bit now.
Join the Discussion
Is VR the new motion control? Join our community debate related to that very question over here!
Which of the low-key, non-press-conference announcements during E3 2016 drew the greatest amount of excitement out of you?
Share which games you are EXCITED, SURPRISED, and WORRIED about after day one of E3 2016. Share all three as part of this fun community thought exercise.
What's your take on the new direction for God of War? Vote and discuss the matter on our discussion thread over here.
What is your level of interest regarding Watch Dogs 2? Whether they be high or low share them, and explain why.
Has the E3 news for Injustice 2 got you excited to play the game, or concerned about its balance? Share your opinion about the game, whether it's an extreme or in-between.
So Yakuza fans, what are your thoughts and impressions of Yakuza 0? Other fans of the franchise welcome you to share them on this discussion thread.
How do you think The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is looking? Share your optimism or concern for the game on our community discussion board.
Did you absorb any of the Persona 5 news and coverage at E3 2016? If so, share your impressions of how you think the stylish JRPG is shaping up.
What have you managed to create on Xbox's custom controller program? Post pictures of your fantastic or horrible controller schemes.
What will E3 2016 be remembered for in the next five years? Be it for grappling hooks, or virtual reality, feel free to vote and discuss what stood out the most from the event to you!
Despite having been only recently teased during E3, there appears to be a brief demo for Resident Evil 7 biohazard! Share whatever your impressions of the demo may be with other community members.
Join the concerted Giant Bomb community effort to discern whatever the Death Stranding E3 trailer was...we CAN DO THIS!
Do you feel that E3 has lost its touch, or is the event still going strong? Share your thoughts on the issue on this thread.
Feel free to join the discussion thread pertaining to your favorite Dan Ryckert "gag" during the E3 streams, whether it be for bottles of beverages, snack, or utensils.
Have any of you tinkered around with Trials of the Blood Dragon? Feel free to share your impressions with other members of the community that have also played it.
Useful User Reviews
- @lazyaza's review of Doom explains why he found it to be one of the most fun shooters he has played in years.
- @xxizzypop's review of Assassin's Creed Syndicate expounds on why he found it to be the very definition of "iterative."
- @bassman2112's Tabletop Simulator review summarizes why it has become one of his "go-to" games of late.
- @misterbananafoam's review of Wasted highlights the good and bad of what he considers to be a fun little time sink.
- @cav829 reviews why he found Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest to be a massive, albeit safe, entry in the Fire Emblem series.
- @vert_vermillion shares why Out There Somewhere is a riotous experience you should not pass on over here.
Fellow moderator Mento is "reviewing" every trailer that was published on Giant Bomb during E3 2016! Read over the list of this ill-fated adventure. [I'm up to 110! - Mento.]
DarkbeatDK scrounged up a list of five games that he thinks Bethesda should have made instead of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.
RioStarwind had no issue with coming up with a list of ten games from E3 2016 he's excited to get his hands on.
There were eleven games from E3 2016 that tickled user Savage's fancy! Discover what they are on this list.
What is there to say about E3 2016 that hasn't already been said? The massive monolith of a gaming convention is over and you can use our wiki page for the event to relive some of the magic and gain immediate access to all of the trailers, livestream, and content from the past week.