Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week! Some heavy hitters are among us this week with the launch of Anthem and Trials Rising last week! However, that hasn't stopped games like Apex Legends or Resident Evil 2 from continuing their control over our community's zeitgeist. Not to mention, we had several "classic" games discussed and debated on the site by staff and users! Nonetheless, let's jump into this week's Spotlight with the site-related housekeeping!

Tweets Of The Week

Giant Bomb Galleria

Banner - I Made A 3D Bomby Model (By: @fobwashed)

This week, community artist Fobwashed had oodles of fun sharing a 3D model of the new Giant Bomb logo on the internet! Use the link above to check out all of their works, and thank them for their time. Remember, always support artists however you can!

Star Wars Bat vs Knife Debate & Vinny x Dune & Jeff x Big Bang Theory (By: @jea_rum)

Over on Twitter, jea_rum has been on a Giant Bomb fan art burner! In the span of just a week they created these three AWESOME works of art!

Community Activities

Despite its rocky launch, we have more than a few community opportunities involving the game.
Despite its rocky launch, we have more than a few community opportunities involving the game.

Anthem PC Online Hookup Thread (By: @dom_catz)

Calling all Anthem players! We have a PC specific Origin username sharing thread if you want to play the game's raid with another user! Use the link here and post your tag!

Anthem PS4 Online Hookup Thread (By: @theganjaking)

Are you playing Anthem on the PS4? Well, you're in luck! Here's a link to our recently created PS4 online hookup thread! Post your PSN ID to play with other Giant Bomb users!

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Uplay Sharing Thread (By: @evilgreendevil)

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will have clans! As such, we already have a recruitment thread for a Giant Bomb community group for online play! Just post your Uplay ID and platform of preference.

Uplay Username Sharing Thread For Trials Rising (By: @dew)

If collective masochism is more your taste, here's a link to our community Uplay username sharing thread for Trials Rising! Drop the thread a comment if you want to play a match online with other users.

Clips Of The Week

Dan Ryckert & The Giant Bomb Revue Dance For a Minute (By: JediFan421)

As if you needed more dancing staff members haunting your dreams, here's this video from JediFan421 on YouTube that synchs every GB staff member caught on tape dancing, and Austin Walker, to the theme of "Inca People." Sorry, not sorry!

Best Of Blogs

A new week means TheFakePsychic is back grinding away in Final Fantasy XIV!
A new week means TheFakePsychic is back grinding away in Final Fantasy XIV!

Anthem, Don't Hurt Me No More (By: @syndrom)

Syndrom uses their latest blog to share why the launch of Anthem "breaks their heart." Read why they so desperately want to enjoy the game, but several aspects of it rip them away from the experience.

My Time at Eorzea, Week Three - The Transition (By: @thefakepsychic)

Part three of TheFakePsychic's series on their attempt to get into Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn is up NOW! Read it to see their recent interactions with the game's community and quests!

Nier Automata And Nietzsche (By: @fistoh)

If you are not against reading about the philosophy of Nietzsche, you should check out Giant Bomb user Fistoh's latest blog on why Nier: Automata is an effective critique of nihilism.

Hot take: I still think this game is objectively bad. (Editor's Note: This is a reminder that ZombiePie writes these, not Marino.)
Hot take: I still think this game is objectively bad. (Editor's Note: This is a reminder that ZombiePie writes these, not Marino.)

Why Jojo'S Bizarre Adventure Means So Much To Me (By: @sombre)

At this point, Giant Bomb is basically an anime site, and that's why I want to direct you to check out Sombre's exhaustive blog post about their love for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure!

Resident Evil 2 HDR Settings (By: @zurv)

Calling all Resident Evil 2 owners! Are you have a miserable time with the default HDR settings? Well, you are in luck! users Zurv and NTM created a guide detailing how to make the game output correctly!

Top 200 Games of All Time - Part Four! (By: @pixelprinny)

A new episode of PixelPrinny's "Top 200 Games of All Time" blog series is up for your reading pleasure! This episode runs down their #170 through #161 all-time favorite games!

In The Division, The Delight Is In The Details (By: @cr0ssbow)

Giant Bomb user Cr0ssbow spent a lot of time into Tom Clancy's The Division to prep for the sequel and their play-through re-solidified its place in their heart as the best loot shooter in town.

Another amazing artistic and verbal outing from PixelPrinny this week!
Another amazing artistic and verbal outing from PixelPrinny this week!

Overdosing in the Void: Andromeda and The Disease of More (By: @nodima)

Nodima uses their latest blog to look at Mass Effect: Andromeda, explore how the "problem of more" doomed the game from the outset, and why Mass Effect is actually at its best form when it has a narrow focus.

Saturday Summaries 2019-03-02: SNES Fighters Assemble Edition (By: @mento)

Mento's been tinkering around with a checklist for all the SNES fighters covered by GB's Ranking of Fighters, and how many more they have left to go! They also reviewed Thimbleweed Park and Steins;Gate this week.

Join The Discussion

There's nothing quite like that early 2000s era of PC games.
There's nothing quite like that early 2000s era of PC games.

Which Console Has The Most Defined Aesthetic? (By: @sombre)

Here's a FUN discussion thread everyone can enjoy! Which console or handheld platform do you think has the "most defined aesthetic." The community picks range from the Vectrex to the GBA or the early 2000s PC market.

This Is the Run Ideas(By: @purc)

With more than a few Giant Bomb users welcoming this recent season of "This is the Run," what are some games you'd like to see Vinny and Dan tackle for the series?

Trials Rising Awful Mid-game Grind (By: @effache)

Have you run Trials Rising through its paces yet? Regardless, several users are complaining about the game's "AWFUL" mid-game grind. In your opinion, is this true, or an over-exaggeration?

We have threads both positive and negative about Trials Rising!
We have threads both positive and negative about Trials Rising!

Division 2 Open Beta Discussion Thread (By: @theadmin)

Have any of you given The Division 2's open beta a try? Share your impressions, whether they are positive or negative, of the beta with the rest of the community! Can the game make good on its potential?

Apex Legends Tips And Tricks Sharing Thread (By: @giant_gamer)

Hey Apex Legends players! What are your tips and tricks for people just now getting into the game? Share them, and advice on what new players SHOULDN'T DO in the game!

Skybound Revoke Walking Dead License From Starbreeze, Remove Overkill's Walking Dead From Sale (By: @panfoot)

What do YOU make of Overkill's The Walking Dead being removed from sale? Were you anticipating the console release of the game, or is it forgettable for a reason? Join our discussion using the link above.

Elias Samson in Destiny 2 would have been great.
Elias Samson in Destiny 2 would have been great.

Joker's Wild And Season Of The Drifter Destiny 2 Discussion Thread (By: @hestilllives19)

Calling all Destiny 2 fans! user Hestilllives19 compiled everything announced for its second Annual Pass offering, Joker's Wild! Give it a read and learn all about the goodies in store for season six!

Pokémon Sword/Shield Reaction Thread (By: @meant2live218)

What is YOUR gut-reaction to the Pokémon Sword/Shield announcement? What are your hopes for the game? Are you excited to play it? Are you on "Team Sword" or "Team Shield?"

New Game+, Level Cap 99 Patched In Assassin's Creed Odyssey (By: @rorie)

The last major patch for Assassin's Creed Odyssey just hit, and you can join our community discussion if the changes it brought had a positive or negative impact on the game!

Some have speculated the ancient Spartans were effective warriors due to their use of their shields.
Some have speculated the ancient Spartans were effective warriors due to their use of their shields.

Far Cry: New Dawn Discussion Thread (By: @ntm)

Have any of you played Far Cry: New Dawn now that it has been out for a week? If you have, join our community discussion about the game and if it is a worthwhile experience, when you consider its discounted price.

Lovable Lists

However, some things never change on DevourerOfTime's starter Pokemon list.
However, some things never change on DevourerOfTime's starter Pokemon list.

Game of the Year 2009 - Retrospective (By: @superharman)

It's scary to think, but 2009 was ten years ago. Superharman utilized this depressing fact to "re-rank" their 2009 GOTY list! Give it a read, and think about creating your own list!

Ranking of Starters - Unevolved - 2019 Edition (By: @devoureroftime)

With the recently announced Pokémon Sword and Shield, Giant Bomb user DevourerOfTime updated their HIGHLY SCIENTIFIC starter Pokémon "Power Rankings."

Useful User Reviews

I'm always happy to promote user reviews both new and old!
I'm always happy to promote user reviews both new and old!
evolvedtolive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evolvedtolive

https://gph.is/1cIj3WV

Rubberchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PAN FLUTE SOLO!

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Those tweets about Dan were amazing and disturbing at the same time. Well done

jearum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh hey! thanks for featuring my work! cheers!

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Thanks for the list shout out, I too would like to see more 2009 retrospective lists. Maybe even lead to a 10 year retrospective community game of the year.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I would...100% buy a Pokemon Knife/Bat shirt. Not sure about the legality of it, but...write Giant Bomb in the same font?

Technein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Technein

@zombiepie

Objectively bad? So anyone who likes Nier: Automata is wrong? Not only a hot take, but a rude one. Saying a popular, well-made game, a game so clearly crafted with care and love from the writer/developer/composer et al, is "Objectively Bad" is so pretentious and arrogant I don't even know why I'm responding to such obvious bait. Thanks for irritating me first thing in the morning.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@dudeglove: You will enjoy the video I have selected for next week's Spotlight:

Loading Video...

I enjoy haunting people's dreams.

@technein said:

@zombiepie

Objectively bad? So anyone who likes Nier: Automata is wrong? Not only a hot take, but a rude one. Saying a popular, well-made game, a game so clearly crafted with care and love from the writer/developer/composer et al, is "Objectively Bad" is so pretentious and arrogant I don't even know why I'm responding to such obvious bait. Thanks for irritating me first thing in the morning.

It is a recurring joke that I dislike Nier: Automata and Marino places the same disclaimer whenever he edits the Spotlight. You can see this several previous editions of the Spotlight when the game came out. Since then, the two of us have been issuing rebuttals about the game on the Spotlight as a somewhat recurring storyline. One of these days I hope to see if I can slip my dislike for the game without him noticing, but alas dear friend, it appears he caught this witticism as well. One of these days....

Also, I disagree it is a well-made game.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@technein said:

Edited By Technein

@zombiepie

It's objectively the third best game of 2017 if that makes you feel any better. ;)

That Dan shimmy before Friday's stream was legendary.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Always Team Bat.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@drm2thej said:
@technein said:

Edited By Technein

@zombiepie

It's objectively the third best game of 2017 if that makes you feel any better. ;)

That Dan shimmy before Friday's stream was legendary.

If it was the third best game of 2017 why is the middle act so boring and a chore to play? That and I literally fell asleep when watching Ending B.

I got more NieR:Automata hot takes! I'm hosting a buy one, get one free deal right now!

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Fistoh

Just got to this spotlight and noticed my post was featured! Thank you very much @zombiepie

@zombiepie said:

If it was the third best game of 2017 why is the middle act so boring and a chore to play? That and I literally fell asleep when watching Ending B.

I got more NieR:Automata hot takes! I'm hosting a buy one, get one free deal right now!

Obviously I like Nier quite a bit but I still agree with you that all of playthrough B is rough.