• 63 results
Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
I know this auction is real just from looking at the cables. Now that's a gamer!
Over on eBay right now there is a fairly massive game and game memorabilia collection being sold by user retro_boy_g in the UK. Although these things pop up from time to time, this one is notable for its breadth and attention to detail. So cataloged is the stash of gaming equipment that the seller decided to take a picture of each and every opened and non-opened item individually, something your Internet connection will instantly be aware of shouid you dare click this link.

If only I had the ponytail to go with it.
The seller leaves out the expected group shot of his loot, which makes me think he is some sort of eBay savant for possibly tricking me into thinking this collection is larger then it is. My mind simply can not compute hundreds of individual images for each game. Just how many games are there in total, and more importantly, how would said collection look when compared against an aircraft carrier?

There's not just games in the stash, but figurines, signed posters, arcade cabinets, giant pens, magazines, floor-mats, stools, DVDs and even ashtrays. The seller claims on the blog he's set up for the auction that he's getting rid of everything to save up for a down-payment on a new house. I wish him luck. But please, can you accidently forget something in your shipping and send over that Fatal Fury hat? 
#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
I know this auction is real just from looking at the cables. Now that's a gamer!
Over on eBay right now there is a fairly massive game and game memorabilia collection being sold by user retro_boy_g in the UK. Although these things pop up from time to time, this one is notable for its breadth and attention to detail. So cataloged is the stash of gaming equipment that the seller decided to take a picture of each and every opened and non-opened item individually, something your Internet connection will instantly be aware of shouid you dare click this link.

If only I had the ponytail to go with it.
The seller leaves out the expected group shot of his loot, which makes me think he is some sort of eBay savant for possibly tricking me into thinking this collection is larger then it is. My mind simply can not compute hundreds of individual images for each game. Just how many games are there in total, and more importantly, how would said collection look when compared against an aircraft carrier?

There's not just games in the stash, but figurines, signed posters, arcade cabinets, giant pens, magazines, floor-mats, stools, DVDs and even ashtrays. The seller claims on the blog he's set up for the auction that he's getting rid of everything to save up for a down-payment on a new house. I wish him luck. But please, can you accidently forget something in your shipping and send over that Fatal Fury hat? 
#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

I have one of those Fatal Fury trucker hats.  I love that damn thing.

#3 Posted by Cloneslayer (1627 posts) -

Snap son!

#4 Posted by AndrewB (7587 posts) -

Geeze. If this wasn't local pickup only, I'd jump all over that.  I could imagine this auction going up way over my price range, though.

#5 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Jesus having clicked the link that is a whole lot of gaming memorabilia right there, especially on the Nintendo front.

#6 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Thats completly insane . Who is going to buy that ?

#7 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

Super Sweet

#8 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Well that was at least fun to look through and see some awesome old games.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

That is a LOT of shit... damn! Wonder if he's running low on cash... Anyway, I want that WoW poster.

#10 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

Scrolled for about three minutes then got bored. Probably isn't as big as it looks but, damn, its big enough.

#11 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Thats a lot of stuff.

#12 Posted by TheHendenpeter (47 posts) -

Fuck has he just been robbing a gamestop/funcoland/whatevergameplacetheyhavethere for the past 20 years on a weekly basis. I've been gaming avidly since I was 5 and even if nothing had ever broken or been traded in I wouldn't have anywhere near the collection he does.

(Fatal Furry) Hats off to you sir.

#13 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

I have quite a crazy collection but some of this stuff is amazing.

#14 Posted by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -

It's a lot of stuff but who has the space for that kind of collection?  I guess if someone wanted to become a video game collector, this would be a good foundation, but I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend 4-5000 dollars on.

#15 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

Man, I wish I had that sort of money to spend on gaming stuff. I'd love to own all that stuff.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

I've got just about as much, just not doubles of consoles or arcade cabinets.  Some of those crappy N64 and PS2 games aren't worth the carbon footprint of the plastic they're made of.

It seems the UK got some pretty good imports that the US didn't get.  Valken and EDF in particular.  That UK Ico box art is far better than the lame one we got.

It's impressive, but coming from someone who has about as much, it's a real burden when you have so much you start to forget what you have.

#17 Posted by alanVolta (11 posts) -

that's a pretty damn good collection. I wonder if that guy is going to miss all that stuff haha

#18 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

I hope he doesn't make the mistake of trying to figure out how much it all cost him.  Whenever I start thinking about that it makes me want to cry.

I wonder how much he'd get trade-in at GAME.... gotta be at least £25 or £30?

#19 Posted by MeatSim (10834 posts) -

That's one big mess of cables there.

#20 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Goddamn you, Dave. Now I have to bid on this...

#21 Posted by Prosmack (50 posts) -

The dude states on his blog that he needs the money for a deposit on a house.

#22 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Damnit, local only!

#23 Edited by damswedon (3185 posts) -

all that and not a single slime.
also probably enough posters to wallpaper about half of my house

#24 Posted by hellspawn20003 (9 posts) -

since they actually make the fatal fury hats then there is no reason y Terry Bogard should not be wearing one in the king of fighters movie

#25 Posted by Jeust (10550 posts) -

Just WOW...

If i could i would buy all his collection and open up a museum.

His collection is INSANE.

But he hasn't got the resident evil 5 xbox special edition... And i have it... muahahahaha
#26 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Dude, Jeff totally had that Fatal Fury hat and brought it in for me. Life is awesome again.

#27 Posted by zack1 (38 posts) -

well seems like some1 should buy that ''collection'' and resell it in single or smaller packages and profit from it.

bit of a hassle but seems like free money to me

#28 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

God damn, It's got to be pretty hard to part with all this stuff. I really wish him luck, and hope he gets a good price for it because this stuff must be priceless to him.

#29 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

That is quite a collection, I've been scrolling at a moderate pace for 10 minutes and have only made it halfway down the page.

#30 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6155 posts) -

Holy shit.  I just sold over fifty games and it felt like a ton.  But this, this is incredible.  Wish I had the bread to bid on it.

#31 Posted by ThePelinal (101 posts) -

Amazing. I hope he gets a helluva lot of money for all that.

#32 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

Dave, "shoulid you dare?"

#33 Posted by Crono (2654 posts) -

OMG SPEELING MISTKAE!  THT GUY COT U!

Wow I used to call myself a "gamer" boy was I ever wrong.

#34 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
turbomonkey138 said:
"Thats completly insane . Who is going to buy that ?"
Me. That's who.
#35 Posted by Dethfish (3646 posts) -

Jesus, I think my comptuter almost exploded trying to load that. I have never seen that many images for one auction. Don't you have to pay per picture?!

I only looked at the first hundred or so pics but I want that badly. How much is 4000 Pounds in Dollars?

I use to have that pikachu Gameboy Color but his looks brand new. A lot of his stuff looks brand new.

#36 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

My finger hurts from scrolling down.

#37 Edited by Crono (2654 posts) -

Well some site I googled, dollars2pounds.com, says that £4000 = $5913 so there you have it.

#38 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
snide said:
"Dude, Jeff totally had that Fatal Fury hat and brought it in for me. Life is awesome again."
You need to post a picture of you wearing the hat!
#39 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Nice hat.
-- God Bless.

#40 Posted by Lino (10 posts) -

You should put a nostalgia warning by the link as well.

#41 Posted by strangeling (1260 posts) -

I especially like the slipcased versions of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

The Akuma statue looks cool.
And that DDR "dancepad" handheld controller I'd never seen before.

All in all, there's some good stuff in there, but I wouldn't want to have to take all of it.
#42 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -

This is perfect because i was just thinking the other day that I need to own FIVE N64's.

#43 Posted by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Really don't get why he decided to try to sell all this in one giant bundle. Unless you love old fighting games and Sonic, this will be a hard one to justify. I would gladly buy some individual parts of this collection, but all of it is just ridiculous.

#44 Posted by theMcNasty (741 posts) -

Damn.  That's got to be one of the best collections I've ever seen.  At the time of this comment, the current bid is £4,000 (or $5,907).  I wish I had that kind of cash man!

#45 Edited by theMcNasty (741 posts) -

Damn.  That's got to be one of the best collections I've ever seen.  At the time of this comment, the current bid is £4,000 (or $5,907).  I wish I had that kind of cash man!

EDIT:  Also, I didn't happen to see any PS3 systems, games, etc.  This leads me to believe that RetroBoyG decided to sell all his shit after realizing the PS3 was the ultimate system.  :)

#46 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I just checked out most of those pics and I am stunned. That may actually be worth its big price.

#47 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I think hes missing a ps3 in the collection, im not sure but i might have overlooked it.

#48 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I want that hat.

#49 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

Only if I had the money.

#50 Posted by MagikGimp (777 posts) -

I will never understand these people. Wanting to move on from material attachments (and how) to being all grown up with a mortgage and shit, pfft. But seriously now, spending all that money and time getting all that crap and then in a hair's breadth dumping the lot? Don't know about everyone else but I'd find it soul crushing.