NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NukeGoBoom

I will drop a bomb here.
I hate the whole Legend of Zelda franchise. I dont like un-linear open world games that dont say "HEY MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO IN THIS DIRECTION".Maybe its just a criticism of everything up to the SNES one and Minish Cup.I havent played twillight princess nor Ocarica of Time/Majoras Mask.
Or maybe the last time i played it my tastes werent mature enough.I should try it sometime.Also i hated LBP and sold it :D.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By penguindust
Bejeweled.  And, by association, PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords.  I don't like most puzzle games.  Even the ones I can tolerate I'm not what you'd call a fan. The whole genre just leaves me cold.
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Gmanall

World of Goo

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Marzy
  • Final Fantasy
  • Halo
  • Resident Evil
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Grand Theft Auto 4

Hate is a strong word, but I'm not keen on any of those games.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By raven_squad

Prince of Persia (2008) - Worst game I played last year. 

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Hell, GTA: Chinatown Wars is much more fun.
Assassins Creed - Worst game of '07
Halo 2 and 3 - Bland, uninteresting gameplay and generic sci-fi story. 
Call of Duty 4 - Weak, short campaign with decent multiplayer does not = goty material imo. 
Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Budster

I agree that fallout 3 did not live up to its predecessors (Fallout and Fallout 2 from Black Isle)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Scooper

Halo series - I just thought they were boring. The controls felt so bad for me. Someone that loves Call of Duty for its super tight controls and need for skill alone to win. The crosshairs feel like they're moving on ice.

Gears of War - I really don't know why everyone loves these games. After everyone telling me how amazing the controls were I came to it thinking alot but when I played it I found it to be very frustrating, the aiming felt very janky as if I was using an Atari 2600 controller. The characters annoyed me, they all seemed like American Football players, I mean I like America and its culture as much as most but sometimes I really dislike the whole in-your-face-shouting type of America and it was all over this game. Lastly, everyone was a huge with massive armor. I'd of prefered if you could move around abit more nimbly.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Mushir

GTA series. I find it completely boring.

WasteBasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WasteBasket

Final Fantasy series. They are the same thing, the main character is so feminine that I sometimes get lost in his eyes and than shake myself out of it when I realize he has no boobs and I basically sit there for few minutes telling myself how straight and awesome I am. How alot of men sometimes think it's a lady it isn't. I AM NOT INTO DUDES.

Also the stories are terrible, and I hate the combat.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By weltal

Shenmue springs to mind. Not the second one, as I haven't played it, but the first was absolute shit. Oh, I get to wait 15 minutes real time so 2 hours will pass and I can meet my fucking contact? Awesome. I get to drive a forklift everyday for a month and pray that a person I talk to on the dock has a scrap of info leading to mix things up even slightly? Super. Nothing happens either. Whole story = Pointless.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By SpinCookie

Madworld, that game got really redundant, really fast.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By laticsfan
  • Halo Series
  • World of Warcraft
  • Resistance
  • Mirrors Edge
GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GnaTSoL
Weltal said:
"Shenmue springs to mind. Not the second one, as I haven't played it, but the first was absolute shit. Oh, I get to wait 15 minutes real time so 2 hours will pass and I can meet my fucking contact? Awesome. I get to drive a forklift everyday for a month and pray that a person I talk to on the dock has a scrap of info leading to mix things up even slightly? Super. Nothing happens either. Whole story = Pointless."
You can add in Shenmue 2 as well. Fits the same bill. Boring as hell.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#64  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Most of my dislike towards many popular games stems from problems with my eyes.  I'll explain briefly for each.

Killzone 2 - Fantastic looking game, but I absolutely cannot tell where the enemies are anywhere beyond point-blank range.

Gears of War 1 & 2 - Another amazing looking game, and I enjoy watching people play it, but I'm crap at spotting many of the smaller enemies.  I do better in the underground environments, but multiplayer is a complete no go.

Call of Duty 4 and WAW - Color blindness in certain shades is more of a problem for me here.  Certain missions or multiplayer maps, I find it easy to spot and snipe, but if someone picks the right camoflauge, I'm shit out of luck.  However, I do incredibly well on the ship level in Call of Duty 4, which is a bit surprising.

Motorstorm 2 - I can't see the goddamn tracks.  At all.  It all looks the same to me.  Gorgeous game, though, and I do have a blast losing to friends.  I would love to give a special shout-out to the developers of games like Forza 2 and Gran Turismo 4 for allowing me to "hire" drivers to race for me.  This allows me to enjoy the car customization and painting options while not having to worry about straining my eyes on the tracks.  I have a terrible time spotting Forza 2's guiding lines, and this renders the game almost unplayable unless I can hire a driver.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cynical_M

I could never get into Bioshock.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#66  Edited By gingertastic_10

call of duty series, halo series, resident evil 5, left 4 dead

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheMustacheHero

COD4, Half life 2...

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Black_Raven

COD4, Bioshock, Assassins Creed

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By Cube

I wouldn't say I hate Left 4 Dead..I'm just not HUGE into it like so many people.

wimael45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By wimael45

halo series and fable

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#71  Edited By TobyD81

Prince of Persia, the old side-scrolling one. I can't get down with the controls. Same goes for others of its ilk like Flashback and Out of his World.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheMustacheHero
Icemael said:
"Metal Gear Solid 2 - The controls are horrible. RE5 controls like a dream compared to this game.
What the hell? Why are you comparing Metal Gear to Resident evil? They are two totally different games, genre's and made by different developers.
Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Maru

Gears of War
Halo 2
Oblivion (planning to give it a another try with tons of mods applied in future)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Bucketdeth said:

"Call Of Duty 4, I still don't see why people think "OMFG BEST GAME EVAR" Call Of Duty 2 was way better in my opinion."
I agree 100 % with this post. Call of Duty 2 owns.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By Karmum

It seems like everyone I know (in real-life and on the internet), praises Halo 3 through the roof. Although, it is far from extraordinary. That is all I can really think of. Perhaps World at War too, since all the kids at school think any Call of Duty game is so kewl! Even if it is total rehash.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Gmanall

World of Warcraft forgot that I hated it

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#76  Edited By Jeust

I hate football simulator games like PES and FIFA... They're just overcomplicated. I like to have fun while playing, and not smashing all the buttons on my controller. 

Other thing that i hate, is the number of buttons on the controllers, they're too many. 

I don't like either driving simulators. They're just too frustrating. 

I prefer in sports arcade games like super mario kart and supersidekicks. Something that is fun playing, and not a chore.

That's why I could care less for achievements and trophees.

And what's with the halo series? A hail to the master chief? I don't like it either. Nor most of the first person shooters. 

Darkness? 

I've played the demo and felt it too monotonous. 

Devil May Cry i couldn't feel for it, so i hate it.

Ninja Gaiden, while cool playing, its story is just a laughable comparing to the original trilogy. So I hate it.

And that's that... :p

oh i almost forgot about the fatal frame series... they're just too monotonous also. 

And God of War - button mashing to it's best. 

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By raven_squad

^^^

Wow. 

May I ask what it is you do like?

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mercator

MGS4
GTA4
Resistance
God of War
Ninja Gaiden
Devil May Cry
Pretty much any beat em up

I am surprised there are so many not liking COD4...I am not a hugenshooter fan but that game just seems beyond polished....nearly perfection.

Good to see so many people dont like GTA...the Giantbomb GOTY podcast was annoying the shit out of me...the only person who stood up and said GTA4 isnt that fun was Brad..to quickly be shut up by Ryan and Jeff...but i supposed if i was ina room with those two enormous dudes I would shut up too.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By inkeiren
raven_squad said:
"^^^
Wow. 

"
Quoted for truth. Sorry Jeust :/
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By atejas

Gears of War and Mass Effect.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By delta_ass

Final Fantasy: WTF is this crazy anime bullshit? Guns with blades on the end? Effeminate-looking protagonists with spikey hair? Do Not Want!

Red Alert 3: Terrible RTS produced by a great ex-game reviewer is still a terrible RTS. Camera way too zoomed in, vehicles all blown away in seconds. An army of mammoth tanks? All constructed with paper mache, apparently.

Mario Bros games: I don't see the appeal of an Italian plumber jumping on mushrooms. It mystifies me.

Fallout 3: RPG elements from Oblivion are great, but the combat sucks ass. Oblivion relieved us of RPGs' generally shitty combat mechanics, why does Fallout 3 take us back?

Deus Ex: Good storytelling, but combat sucks ass. Stun baton's the only real way to start the first level? Well, thanks for not telling me!

Halo games: Probably not hatred, but really overrated.

Resident Evil 4,5: Terrible controls make a game terrible. If a zombie's gonna be chasing me, you bet your ass I'm gonna shoot while backing away.

Call of Duty 4: Probably not hatred, but really overrated. Scripted out the ass to deliver really linear gameplay.

Metal Gear Solid games: WTF is this crazy Kojima bullshit? Actual gameplay sucks, coupled with hours worth of cutscenes chock full of bizarre conspiracy theories.

Starcraft: A battlecruiser is the same size as six marines? Really?

Counter-Strike: Trying to be a realistic tactical shooter while also trying to convince us real soldiers need to buy guns with money before each battle. And bunnyhopping.

Fighting games: Kicking someone allows you to juggle them in the air? In what world does that make sense?

Guitar Hero/Rock Band: Same embarrassing rhythm bullshit as DDR.

The Sims: Why would I ever want to play this game? Why?

Spore: Simplistic bullshit, with DoGA renamed as the Spore Creature Creator.

Supreme Commander: Why would I enjoy going and capping 30 different resources on the map, then spending time upgrading those to T2, and then to T3? Why can't my T1 builder automatically upgrade to T2? Why do I have to build more builders that are at T2? Why do I need to spend all this fucking time fucking around with all this basebuilding crap? Why do I need to link all my little builders together to speed up a building's production? Why are you torturing me with this inane non-gameplay?

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheGremp

Halo.  Nuff said.

...Also Call of Duty.  War shooters aren't my thing...  I like my shooters fast and deathmatchy. (Quake <3)

I'm sure it's actually a quality game, but I've never really gotten into Mass Effect...  Never really been interested in it.

Madden/NBA Live/all that shit...  $60 per game, per year for games with very minimal differences.  EA can suck my dick.  They aren't even that fun in the first place, although I'm not really into sports either.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#83  Edited By Jeust
inkeiren said:
"raven_squad said:
"^^^
Wow. 

"
Quoted for truth. Sorry Jeust :/"

ohhhh :S

I like some games though... :$

Jeust said:
"I prefer in sports arcade games like super mario kart and supersidekicks. Something that is fun playing, and not a chore."

I loved the force unleashed due to it's kind of fun gameplay and not all that hard progression.

Fable 2 for it's tone and long lasting appeal.

Resident evil 4, not so much the 5.

The Mass Effect and kotor, due to their incredible story.

And so on... in the end like games and that aren't all that hard to play, nor demand a big dosis of tranning or fustration. Much pick up and play type of games. 

And i agree with...

Delta_Ass said:
"The Sims: Why would I ever want to play this game? Why?Spore: Simplistic bullshit, with DoGA renamed as the Spore Creature Creator."
I never had much love for the sims game either. lol

Nor the GTA series. I played many of them and  it gets really boring after some time due to repetive gameplay.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Verdugo

I am not much of a Halo fan. I don't hate it, but I don't see why people go nuts over it. It's decent at best.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By shorap

Never cared much for Super Mario games after Super Mario World.  I respect the games, just don't dig on them.  Also, the God of War games don't hold my interest at all; I'm more of a NG/DMC fan.

jomacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jomacha

no more heroes

most  repetitive game ive ever played

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Sam and Max, and the Original Super Mario to some extent.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#88  Edited By the8bitNacho

Riddick: Butcher Bay

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By REDRUN

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

bluestudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bluestudy

legend of zelda OoT- if i remember correctly its the highest rated game of all time on Gamerankings.com for any system. its the only zelda ive ever completed and hated every minute of it. The story literally never goes beyond "bad man steals princess and now i have to rescue her", the controlls are horrible, and i remeber being stuck on one section for a whole week because you have to find a bottle with a note in it in a lake....only the game never gives you even the slightest hint that you should be looking for a note or a bottle or that you should even be around a lake, i eventually found it by accident and still could'nt figue out how the developers thought i was suposed to find it. that was single handedly the most frustrating video game experiance i've ever had and it is unforgivable.

Bioshock- story was LAME. not a single charecter in the whole thing worth a damn. the little sisters were completely interchangable with maybe 4 lines of diologe which they all shared (meaning they all said the exact same sentences every time you saw one) and am i the only one who doesnt want subplots explained to me over a tape recording with no video. other than that while the graphics as a whole were good the charecter animations sucked and lacked diversity, all female charecters were doing a kathrin hepburn impersonation and im going to put big daddies as the No. 1 most unintimadating enemy in any video game ever. they just beat out fat man on rollerblades and bisexual vampire (really is a switchhitter if you listen to your codec enough it will explain) from Metal Gear Solid 2

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91  Edited By Wildfire570

Dead Rising is one that I not so much hate but dislike it. It seems that my friends love it because it has zombies and it automatically makes it "teh greatest game in teh world!!1". Wrote a review for it if your interested.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#92  Edited By hinderk

The whole halo series. I've tried all of them but always end up getting bored of it after about an hour or two.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#93  Edited By DanielJW

Fallout 3 was just flat out boring. Probably goes into one of my worst games of all time categories. Can't stand it.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Akeldama
@Guyzea said:
"
  • Halo 3
  • Guitar Hero
  • Rock Band
  • World of Warcraft
  • Played all of them but didn't enjoy any of them at all.
"
my list as well 
marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#95  Edited By marlow83

Call of Duty 4- Don't hate it but don't see the big deal. Mechanics haven't changes at all in 5 or so years
Smash Bros Series- Not my thing

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#96  Edited By _Phara0h_
Street fighter
I understand the appeal but I'm really bad at fighting games and end up loosing to people how never even played a fighting game......
Devil may cry
Ninja Gaiden (why is their no Ninja Gaiden franchise page?)
Again see the appeal but I'm shitty at the game.

Also having to remember button combo's = not fun.....

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lemon360

left4dead world of warcraft

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Absurd

Halo , Well to clarify I don't hate them, I'm just indifferent.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Psyx2

F.E.A.R.
I didn't hate it, but I didn't especially like it. It was creepy, but when things weren't making me jump I just thought it was kind of boring and repetitive. The slow-motion combat was pretty sweet though. It wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't my thing.

And Ghost Recon. The original, and Advanced Warfighter.
I bought the original around the time it came out and was never able to get into it. Most of the time I didn't know what was going on - I was getting shot at from seemingly everywhere, but I couldn't see anyone until I stumbled upon them up-close which usually resulted in death. I figured this was just because the graphics were sort of pixelated at longer distances, so I gave Advanced Warfighter a shot. It wasn't much better.
Your squad is mostly useless. They didn't really shoot at much, and whenever I told them to follow me they stuck WAY behind me and often got stuck on a fence or something. Other than this the game was pretty buggy, and extremely hard - I'm cool with a challenging game, but for me it was just too much.

I heard that the difficulty was increased on the PC version though, which is what I was playing on. It might be a decent game on other platforms, but I honestly hated it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By mordukai
I don't necessarily hate those game, But I do think they are very over rated.

- Fallout 3
- Basically everything coming out of Epic. 
- CoD 4
- Halo 2 & 3
- GTA 4
- Half Life 2