By ZombiePie 22 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! As always the community has stayed as active as always and there are some things worth noting. Firstly the site engineers are aware that 360 Achievements are out of whack and are working on a solution as quickly as possible. Jeff would like to implore you to see if you are interested in doing Wiki Tasks for Screened and Comic Vine. On that note I would like to implore you to not help Screened.com attempt to become a better source of Star Wars information, because staff member Ethan is part of the problem. Also please stop swearing in thread titles otherwise your thread will be DELETED! Other than that kick back, relax, and enjoy the Spotlight! Also see if Gary Whitta can be of an assistance in helping you in your video game playing performance:
Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II Tournament #6, January 30! Sign up on THIS THREAD!
Wonderful WikisThis week the wikis are purposefully eclectic for reasons that aren't worth going into. Grand Admiral Thrawn wins the award for having the most detailed wiki for an Expanded Universe character. Both of the major Dead Space games get a nod with the recent release of Dead Space 2. Warp Line Inc. and Art Style: light trax both are a case of wikis that are surprisingly detailed and wonderfully educating. Piss Lines has a fun little wiki entry for an old Easter Egg that usually doesn't get that much attention except for some compulsive gamers.
- Grand Admiral Thrawn
- Dead Space & Dead Space 2
- Warp Inc.
- Piss Lines
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Art Style: light trax
Useful User Reviews
- EXCellR8's review of Dead Space 2
- TrueEnglishGent's review of LittleBigPlanet 2
- ranger5000's review of Lost in Shadows
- Itsdapoleece's review of Riviera: The Promised Land
- bretthancock's review of NBA Jam
- tobygw's review of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Lovable ListsAs to be expected lists can be used to showcase the personal achievements of any user. For example you could use a list to link users to wikis that you are proud of like natetodamax. Or use lists to remind you what classic games you feel like going back to like Marmaladebrat. Or just tout the number of games you have completed or number of S Ranks you have obtained.
- Fallout Pages (By: natetodamax)
- Games Featured on Giant Bomb's Thursday Night Throwdown (By: Gill)
- Games Certain People Always Want Me to Play (By: Video_Game_King)
- Some Old Games That I am Trying to Track Down (By: Marmaladebrat)
- Games I Completed (By: noahrc)
- S Ranks I'm Most Chuffed About (By: RAGEosaurus)
Best of Blogs/Fantastic ForumsAs to be expected there are many wonderful blogs about the wonderful world of video games on Giant Bomb! Gamer_152 give some advice on how to become a game developer. BlazeHedgehog has finally bought a Wii! Ahmad_Metallic has constructed the most comprehensive list of the 2011 release for video games. ahoodedfigure explains the appeal of wastelands in video games and in entertainment as a whole. Hamst3r has made yet another wonderful let's play video series featuring Dead Space 2. In fact there's a lot of blogs and forum posts this week related to Dead Space 2 worth checking out!
- How to Become A Game Developer - Part 1 (By: Gamer_152)
- I Finally Bought a Wii: My Thoughts on Three Games (By: BlazeHedgehog)
- The Officially Official Comprehensive 2011 Release List (By: Ahmad_Metallic)
- Freeing My Kinect (By: JJWeatherman)
- That Wasteland Feeling (By: ahoodedfigure)
- I Play Old Games: Icewind Dale (By: ArbitraryWater)
- In Space, You Don't Need Originality To Be Great (By: jakob187)
- Hamst3r's Dead Space 2 Playthrough (By: Hamst3r)
- Let's Posse Up for Dead Space 2 (By: Afroman269)
- Well This is...Different. Yea, Let's Go With Different (By: Video_Game_King)
- My New Desktop Wallpaper (By: takua108)
- This Week in Gaming #1 (1/16-1/22) (By: WR311)
Author's Note: Did I forget something? I was probably busy trying to add Easter Eggs to this edition of the Community Spotlight and forgot about it (not a joke; see if you can find them). Anyways drop a comment on this blog with a link to anything interesting and worth showcasing and I will remember to put on the next edition of the Spotlight!