By ZombiePie 30 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Giant Bomb's 2013 Game of the Year video content has been recorded, the fight to decide the winners of the categories mostly complete, and Patrick and Alex have both left the building. That said the community is starting to get the "Game of the Year" buzz this week. As a new year draws nearer I would like to inform everyone that Brad is done with the "...but is it better than Brothers" jokes. So stop it. Rorie took the time to write a puppy filled blog about his scattered impressions of Dragon's Dogma. Also the VGX happened last weekend...and something really weird about "Hardcore" Dave happened.
Clip of the Week
TurboMan has another episode of his Best of Giant Bomb video series and this episode has even MORE examples of Vinny being Vinny while playing Dark Souls. Also, mod mracoon shares a video fo the title screens of the big games of 2013.
- GTA V Custom Job Exchange - Link Users to Your Custom Missions Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Community Cards Against Humanity Holiday BS Puzzle Solution Thread - Join the Effort to Figure Out the Bullshit Over Here!
- Hearthstone Arena Practice Thread - Practice your Hearthstone Game and Get Critiques About Your Play Over Here!
So yeah remember the Spike Video Game Awards? Well give our wiki page for the award show a look to jolt your memory if not. Also, check out our wiki page for Geoff Keighley, he's actually a really interesting person. Finally out recent release with a good wiki page is Tales of Maj'Eyal.
Best of Blogs
AlisterCat has written the blog of the week with a write up about playing To the Moon while dealing with some big personal stuff. Taku128 pleads the case for Project M even if you hate Super Smash Bros. Jeust has an incredibly detailed blog extrapolating upon his theories about the Dementium franchise. As a Wii U owner YukoAsho pontificates upon the current state of Nintendo. Gamer_152 blogs about why he was incredibly impressed with Bioshock Infinite from a story and narrative perspective. machofantastico has blogged about Actual Sunlight and extrapolates upon how it deals with depression. SexyToad shares his experiences in re-selling stuff on Steam and how much he has made thus far. Video_Game_King does a retread of games he has already played and explains how his thoughts have and haven't changed about them. ShaggE has cracked the first three games of one of those terrible "250 Games on One Discs!" PC games. IrrelevantJohn breaks down his recent attempt to make a custom fighting game stick, and Hailinel details an anime crossover fighting game you most likely have never heard about. TruthTella does his damnedest to make sense of the VGX with a heap of irony. PufferFiz shares a recent conference he saw related to "freemium model" for video games. MooseyMcMan and dankempster both detail what they have been doing recently, and Mento finishes his blog series about his Desura backlog. sinusoidal is giving game development a shot and he has started with an indie adaptation of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Then we have a BUNCH of Game of the Year stuff...which I am grateful for and keep it coming!
- To the Moon, Austism and Me (By: @alistercat)
- Project M 3.0, and Why You Should Care. (Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod) (By: @taku128)
- December's Desura Dementia Deux - Part 5: 6180 The Moon, Potatoman Seeks the Troof and They Breathe. [Part 4, Part 3]
- Dementium: The Ward and 2's Story Compilation and Analysis (By: @jeust)
- On Nintendo (By: @yukoasho)
- 2013 in Video Game Start Screens (By: @mracoon)
- Ascension in the Count of 5... (By: @gamer_152)
- Thoughts On: Actual Sunlight (By: @machofantastico)
- Can Telltale Games Pull Off Their Busy 2014 Schedule? (By: @_mattallica)
- ArbitraryWater's Worst and Most Questionable Games of 2013 That May or May Not Have Come Out in 2013 (By: @arbitrarywater)
- My Adventure as a Steam Trader (By: @sexytoad)
- Marriage, Mutants, and All the Puff Puff you Could Ever Desire (By: @video_game_king)
- Gaminghooligan's Top Ten Games of the First Year of Luigi (2013) (By: @gaminghooligan)
- Game of the Year 2013! (By: @yi_orange)
- Revisiting Obscurity #1 (By: @shagge)
- Project Thunderseal (Arcade Stick Build) (By: @irrelevantjohn)
- Aquapazza: Aquaplus's All Ages Aquapalooza (By: @hailinel)
- VGX: Takin it to the VGX-treme! (By: @truthtellah)
- Freemium Deconstruction (By: @pufferfiz)
- Creeds, Needs, Domains, Dogmas, Trines, and Moosies? (By: @mooseymcman)
- The Best PS1 Final Fantasy: The Definitive Answer (By: @thatpinguino)
- Dan's Blogvent Calendar - December 8th (By: @dankempster)
- I Made a Game (LOOSELY) Based on 2001 [His Developer Diary] (By: @sinusoidal)
Teddie has created the Wind Wkaer x Giant Bomb fanart seen as the banner this week and he has more worth checking out! Brackynews wants you to join him in talking about your favorite Mass Effect 2 moments. Have you seen anything in Starbound that was really cool? Well talk about with the rest of the community playing the game. Then we have a poll for the best "Drake of the Generation," and which statement in Dark Souls is better. Finally join the official discussions about the NBA season and Gran Turismo 6.
- Set Sail for Bombing Horizons (Giant Bomb/Wind Waker Fanart) (By: @teddie)
- Recall Your Favorite Mass Effect 2 Moment... (By: @brackynews)
- Coolest Thing You Found in Starbound? (By: @takayamasama)
- Drake of the Generation (By: @bisonhero)
- Do You Prefer YOU DEFEATED or VICTORY ACHIEVED? (By: @mb)
- Gran Turismo 6 Impressions Thread (By: @devil240z)
- Official 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: Giant Bomb Style (By: @bobstar)
Oh no...I take it back I'm not ready for Game of the Year....Winter AND GotY is coming, and I am shaking in my boots if you must know.
- Top Ten Games of the Year 2003 (By: @devoureroftime)
- GOTY 2013 (By: @wemibelec90)
- GOTY 2013 (By: @patpandahat)
- Best of 2013 (By: @finaldasa)
- My Favorite Games of the Generation (By: @mrangryeyes)
- TFP's Top Ten Games of 2013 (By: @thefakepsychic)