The Community Spotlight - 02/24/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Many Thanks to FoxxFireArt for the Banner!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! So it seems that Patrick's Worth Reading series of articles showcasing great pieces written on other sites will become a weekly feature. If you didn't read last week's edition check it out. Also it seems that Patrick has descended into the shadowy no-mans-land of The Thing movie ending conspiracy theories. There are a good batch of sizable Wiki Tasks in the Giant Bomb task Queue. If you didn't notice Giant Bomb is about to accomplish the amazing feat of uploading its 1,000th Quick Look! So in the mean time rejoice in the videos that are here and go back to your favorite video.  Finally as always remember to check out the Bomb Shelter  and to email interns@whiskeymedia.com to get content on the "Rad Stuff" tab on the front page of Giant Bomb. With that rejoice in Justin McElroy accomplishing his challenge from Jeff and Ryan

Community Events

• Giant Bomb Community Syndicates for Syndicate - Join Other Users Over Here
  • Post Your SSX (2012) Demo Highscore and Best Time - See How you Compare to the Rest of the Giant Bomb Community Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Vita PSN ID Exchange - Hook up with Other Users that Have a Vita Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community SC2 US Tournament #12, Feb 25th! - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community BlazBlue: CS Extend Xbox Fight Nights - If Interested Head on Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

Lovable Lists

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:  Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! So it seems that Patrick's Worth Reading series of articles showcasing great pieces written on other sites will become a weekly feature. If you didn't read last week's edition check it out. Also it seems that Patrick has descended into the shadowy no-mans-land of The Thing movie ending conspiracy theories. There are a good batch of sizable Wiki Tasks in the Giant Bomb task Queue. If you didn't notice Giant Bomb is about to accomplish the amazing feat of uploading its 1,000th Quick Look! So in the mean time rejoice in the videos that are here and go back to your favorite video.  Finally as always remember to check out the Bomb Shelter  and to email interns@whiskeymedia.com to get content on the "Rad Stuff" tab on the front page of Giant Bomb. With that rejoice in Justin McElroy accomplishing his challenge from Jeff and Ryan

Community Events

• Giant Bomb Community Syndicates for Syndicate - Join Other Users Over Here
  • Post Your SSX (2012) Demo Highscore and Best Time - See How you Compare to the Rest of the Giant Bomb Community Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Vita PSN ID Exchange - Hook up with Other Users that Have a Vita Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community SC2 US Tournament #12, Feb 25th! - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community BlazBlue: CS Extend Xbox Fight Nights - If Interested Head on Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

Lovable Lists

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:  Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Daaaaammmn, 1,000 Quick Looks? I wonder what percentage of those I've seen.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone! I've been missing out on a lot of stuff. There's so little time in a day to experience the full Giant Bomb experience and tons of Quick Looks.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By Little_Socrates

A lot of great reads this time. GB, keep outdoing yourself!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mwng

Thanks for the mention duder!

coreymw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

It's weird how easy these things are to ignore. They stay floated at the top for so long that when one goes down and the next goes up, it's impossible to notice. It'd be cool to maybe see a feature that adds some definable color whenever there's a new sticky. "Oh, bleeding-eyes red! New post!"

I say this because I'm sure I've been mentioned before(You know, because I'm so famous and memorable) and I would seem ungrateful for not replying and giving my gratitude for the mention.

It was really spur of the moment, the review of Syndicate. I've never done a review before, and as weird as it sounds, I didn't really know how or where to start. I'm more inspired by how Alex reviews things, as he generalizes a lot. He doesn't get too specific while still giving the same detail as anyone else would. What I mean by that is, where Jeff would go into straight specifics while describing something, Alex leaves things vague enough for the imagination. I wanted to try that, and sound vague on purpose so I didn't spoil anything for anyone, as I went in completely blind(Except for the one-level co-op demo that was entirely side-missions apparently taken from the classic Syndicate).

So it's great to see some exposure and the idea that someone might say "Hey, this guy reviewed it, I'm on the fence. Let's see what he said to say about it."

I appreciate the spotlight and the great reaction I got for the review itself. I had terrible formatting and just jumped at the chance to write and write and write, so I did. I spent too much time critiquing my own work sometimes and it makes me end up not wanting to actually put anything up, so I decided, hey, why not and I went for it.

I chased the dragon. I went balls deep after him and did my best, and everything went well. Can't get better than that.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Tireyo

I'm just passing through... Looked at some of the good reads.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@N7: Well thank you. Also congratulations at beating for the award for longest comment on the Spotlight.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

I had a longer comment at some point?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King said:

I had a longer comment at some point?

I guess I mistook "rant" for "comment." I guess you've never held any special distinction on my Community Spotlights.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm confused. Are you trying to insult me?

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#14  Edited By Mento  Moderator

@ZombiePie: I thought the whole point of Community Spotlights was special distinctions? I guess if you show up on it every week, it gets way less special.

Talking of which, I belted out my blog and list early this week. That probably speaks volumes about their quality. I don't think anything's going to top that Persona 4 Blu-Ray Boxset this week, honestly.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By Slag

Gotta say I hope you get mad respect from the staff, because these spotlights are probably one of the best things regularly going in this community. I can only imagine how long it must take you to compile these every week.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude

Spot...Light

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Enigma777
JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By JCTango

@ZombiePie said:

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad

Not sure if it's showcase worthy or not, but it would be pretty snazzy to have this wiki I contributed get some attention: Thanatophobia; it's an indie survival-horror game being developed by one of our very own GiantBomb members, . It's planned to be released in Q4 of this year.

light_grenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't know what's weirder: this or Nipples the Enchilada.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff