My heart belongs to Giant Bomb.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

I think it's safe to say that I'm a blogaholic.  If you don't believe me, this is officially my 200th blog entry here on Giant Bomb.  Well... maybe my 40th or 50th blog entry if you don't include all the truly shitty ones.  Anyway, I came to this site last year looking for another place where I can contribute in my own little way.  Places like Gamespot and IGN are simply to corporate and too large to really get my point of view across without resorting to extreme fanboy ranting, so I came here, a tiny little site on the edge of the internet which promised something a little different even though the people behind it are familiar to many.  And on July 21st, 2008 I came, I saw, and I started writing.  And writing.  And writing some more.

I guess I've been a blogger at heart for quite some time and I've expressed my thoughts and feelings about a variety of issues both game related and personal on other sites, but this is the first blog that I've stuck with for longer than 6 months and the first that I think people actually read.  Well... I know Claude reads them no matter how terible they are.  Anyhoo, my first blog I ever wrote was about 3 years ago and it was back when I actually used MySpace.  Some time later, I just stopped since my personal life was (and still is) not that interesting to blog about.  My next attempt at blogging came last year when I returned to gaming in full force.  I gave blogging another shot at Gamespot, but after several months I saw that nobody was reading so... why go on there?  Talking to the wind seemed like a waste of my time.  Then, it was Giant Bomb's turn.

Why Giant Bomb of all places, though?  First of all, being a new site meant that I can possibly build a reputation here.  Gamespot and other larger sites with huge communities tend to have an established group of members that get a lot of attention and being the new guy at a site with an established community means it's tougher to gain an audience.  I like people reading my stuff even if they disagree... and a place like Gamespot was just not the place for me to start.  When I came here, we were all still trying to find our niche and I thought about writing reviews or being a wiki points whore, but I went straight for the blogs.  It felt like a natural fit.  It took some time (Rome wasnt built in a day) and my quantity over quality approach might not be the best way to go about what I do here, but I now consider myself to be one of the more prominent bloggers here.

Jesus, why am I kissing my own ass?  I can't compete with the likes of thesepeople.  Oh well, moving on.

Second, Giant Bomb is more community oriented than most of its kind and user content is more than welcome here with just a few reasonable restrictions.  Expressing opinions are welcomed and often encouraged here and the best way for myself and others to express our opinions and thoughts is to simply post it for others to check out.  The wiki and the podcast(s) get more attention than anything else here, but there is a strong blogging community here that I believe is quite great and diverse.

I could ramble on and on tooting my own horn, but I just want to thank Giant Bomb for creating the template necessary for people like me to just blog about anything and getting it out for others to see, but I want to also thank you, the community for all the positive (and negative) comments over the past 9 months and I'm looking forward to blabbing about whatever pops in my head in the future.

I Blog Horses

A game you can play at night.
An RPG that appeals to me?
Shopping for games even though I'm broke.
Club Nintendo gimped in America.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dalai

I think it's safe to say that I'm a blogaholic.  If you don't believe me, this is officially my 200th blog entry here on Giant Bomb.  Well... maybe my 40th or 50th blog entry if you don't include all the truly shitty ones.  Anyway, I came to this site last year looking for another place where I can contribute in my own little way.  Places like Gamespot and IGN are simply to corporate and too large to really get my point of view across without resorting to extreme fanboy ranting, so I came here, a tiny little site on the edge of the internet which promised something a little different even though the people behind it are familiar to many.  And on July 21st, 2008 I came, I saw, and I started writing.  And writing.  And writing some more.

I guess I've been a blogger at heart for quite some time and I've expressed my thoughts and feelings about a variety of issues both game related and personal on other sites, but this is the first blog that I've stuck with for longer than 6 months and the first that I think people actually read.  Well... I know Claude reads them no matter how terible they are.  Anyhoo, my first blog I ever wrote was about 3 years ago and it was back when I actually used MySpace.  Some time later, I just stopped since my personal life was (and still is) not that interesting to blog about.  My next attempt at blogging came last year when I returned to gaming in full force.  I gave blogging another shot at Gamespot, but after several months I saw that nobody was reading so... why go on there?  Talking to the wind seemed like a waste of my time.  Then, it was Giant Bomb's turn.

Why Giant Bomb of all places, though?  First of all, being a new site meant that I can possibly build a reputation here.  Gamespot and other larger sites with huge communities tend to have an established group of members that get a lot of attention and being the new guy at a site with an established community means it's tougher to gain an audience.  I like people reading my stuff even if they disagree... and a place like Gamespot was just not the place for me to start.  When I came here, we were all still trying to find our niche and I thought about writing reviews or being a wiki points whore, but I went straight for the blogs.  It felt like a natural fit.  It took some time (Rome wasnt built in a day) and my quantity over quality approach might not be the best way to go about what I do here, but I now consider myself to be one of the more prominent bloggers here.

Jesus, why am I kissing my own ass?  I can't compete with the likes of thesepeople.  Oh well, moving on.

Second, Giant Bomb is more community oriented than most of its kind and user content is more than welcome here with just a few reasonable restrictions.  Expressing opinions are welcomed and often encouraged here and the best way for myself and others to express our opinions and thoughts is to simply post it for others to check out.  The wiki and the podcast(s) get more attention than anything else here, but there is a strong blogging community here that I believe is quite great and diverse.

I could ramble on and on tooting my own horn, but I just want to thank Giant Bomb for creating the template necessary for people like me to just blog about anything and getting it out for others to see, but I want to also thank you, the community for all the positive (and negative) comments over the past 9 months and I'm looking forward to blabbing about whatever pops in my head in the future.

I Blog Horses

A game you can play at night.
An RPG that appeals to me?
Shopping for games even though I'm broke.
Club Nintendo gimped in America.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Milestones.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dalai
LiquidPrince said:
"Milestones."
Yeah I know, right?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

200 already? Wow, I barely blog. I probably have like 20.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Really?  Your heart belongs to Giant Bomb?

My heart belongs to pussy, sir.

Giant Bomb simply gets my attention.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

I do read a lot of blogs or at least try to. My way of contributing... and it's fun.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

Giantbomb is my favorite site. :D

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've enjoyed reading many of your blogs. Your 2008 GOTY awards even convinced me to buy World of Goo on the Wii. While I did enjoy the game, I certainly wouldn't name it or even nominate it as GOTY myself. Also, I think the $15 price tag is actually a little too much. CRIPES, DALAI! YOU STEERED ME WRONG! HOW COULD YOU?! Naw, it's all good, player. It's a cool game with a lot of style, but I would recommend people to spend that $15 on Braid instead, or save up an extra $5 with it and get GTAIV's The Lost and The Damned. That's just me, though.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
jakob187 said:
"Really?  Your heart belongs to Giant Bomb?

My heart belongs to pussy, sir.

Giant Bomb simply gets my attention.
"
You said it right.
NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By NoDeath

Someone had to do it

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator
 I can't compete with the likes of thesepeople.

My blogging presence here dwindles as exam pressure mounts up, but thank you for the shout-out anyway. Congrats on blog 200, and thanks for making the effort to WRITE SHIT DOWN. I've enjoyed reading them :)

I'm the fourth letter "e" :D

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
StarFoxA said:
"200 already? Wow, I barely blog. I probably have like 20."
I blog often, and I'm probably lower than you. (Doesn't help that I started coming here less than a month ago.)
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Gmanall

200 I only have like 5

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
Dalai said:
"...a tiny little site on the edge of the internet..."
It's hardly "tiny" anymore :P

But anyway it's great to hear how much you love the site and how many blogs you have posted, I have follwed Giant Bomb since it was just a blog and it's been amazing. I really should blog more often myself...
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24

Ah, it's been 200 already? Congratulations. I always love reading your blogs, as well as many other user's like Sweep. I am no blogger myself and that is why I rely on others to do it. I simply don't always have something to write about, you know? Still, congrats on your 200th. Here's to many more.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Pie
RHCPfan24 said:
"Ah, it's been 200 already? Congratulations. I always love reading your blogs, as well as many other user's like Sweep. I am no blogger myself and that is why I rely on others to do it. I simply don't always have something to write about, you know? Still, congrats on your 200th. Here's to many more."
In an old blog post it said you would try blogging though RHCPfan24.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24
Pie said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Ah, it's been 200 already? Congratulations. I always love reading your blogs, as well as many other user's like Sweep. I am no blogger myself and that is why I rely on others to do it. I simply don't always have something to write about, you know? Still, congrats on your 200th. Here's to many more."
"
Well, sometimes I tend to make empty promises. Maybe I will start again soon.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pie
RHCPfan24 said:
"Pie said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"
Well, sometimes I tend to make empty promises. Maybe I will start again soon."
Good, it will give me the oppurtinity to errmm.. do things.

On a side note you could post your 101 favourite rock'roll songs.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24
Pie said:
"Good, it will give me the oppurtinity to errmm.. do things.

"
Off to Gamespot are we? I see how you are playing this game.....that list is obsolete anyway because I have edited it drastically over the years. I may do it though one day.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pie
RHCPfan24 said:
"Pie said:

"
Off to Gamespot are we? I see how you are playing this game.....that list is obsolete anyway because I have edited it drastically over the years. I may do it though one day."
Actually i found it on this movie website?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24
Pie said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Pie said:

"
Off to Gamespot are we? I see how you are playing this game.....that list is obsolete anyway because I have edited it drastically over the years. I may do it though one day."
Actually i found it on this movie website?"
Well, Movietome is connected to Gamespot. I may have signed up but it pretty much just copy/pastes your Gamespot profile over to that.

Sorry for this Dalai. I don't mean to overthrow this topic with this stuff.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dalai
RHCPfan24 said:
"Pie said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Pie said:

"
Actually i found it on this movie website?"
Well, Movietome is connected to Gamespot. I may have signed up but it pretty much just copy/pastes your Gamespot profile over to that.Sorry for this Dalai. I don't mean to overthrow this topic with this stuff."
Eh, it's cool.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pie

Yeah sorry.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Hamz

Congrats. I find blogging uber difficult mainly because actually pushing myself to write something, atleast something I imagine others want to read, is pretty difficult for me what with all my procrastination and such like.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#25  Edited By delta_ass
Hamz said:
"Congrats. I find blogging uber difficult mainly because actually pushing myself to write something, atleast something I imagine others want to read, is pretty difficult for me what with all my procrastination and such like."
See, that's your first mistake. Don't imagine what others might want to read, just write what you want to write about. Eventually, you'll find other people of like mind who will want to read it. Writing what you think others want to read is just being a blog whore. Is that even a term? I just coined it... a Blog Whore.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Willy105

I like this place too.

Many people here are either hard-headed or boring, but there's enough interesting people (like you) to upset them.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#27  Edited By LordAndrew

Blogging's hard work. Even my Level Up blogs are falling behind, and those are like the easiest things ever to write. (You probably wouldn't understand what I'm talking about unless you follow my GS blogs. It's just a little thing I like to do because it's easy.) So the fact that you were able to make it to 200 really is a feat.