No recent wiki edits to this page.
Pokémon Platinum is the sequel to Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
, and the third addition to Generation IV. The game follows the story with various new implemented features to the gameplay, much like Pokémon Yellow
, and Emerald
did in their corresponding generations.
Platinum focuses their plot line on the featured mascot and Legendary Pokémon
. The original story is modified from the directed Diamond/Pearl story, introducing new areas and a more suitable mechanics for the capture site of the Legendary Pokémon which is featured in 3D
, as the Distortion World. It also includes many new gameplay enhancements and additions outlined below.
Differences from Diamond/Pearl
- The main characters have different outfits to match the colder weather.
- Team Galactic has a new leader named Charon.
- Team Galactic's new scheme includes all three of the legendary Pokémon -- Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina
- You'll meet an undercover detective codenamed "Looker" who will help you along the way
- An interview is conducted with Prof. Rowan
- Snow has gathered in Twinleaf Town!
- We meet Prof. Rowan [on Route 201] shortly after setting foot on the streets!
- After receiving your starter Pokémon, you immediately battle your rival!
- At the beginning of the adventure [Lake Verity], Cyrus is standing in front of the protagonist
- 51 Pokémon have been added to the Sinnoh Dex to have a total of 210 entries.
- Giratina gained the Origin Form as of Platinum. While outside of Distortion World, it will continue to have the Altered Form [Form of Pokémon D/P]. A Platinum Orb is required for Giratina to change forms while outside of Distortion World.
- Giratina’s Origin Form replaces it’s old ability [Pressure] with Levitate and it’s defensive [Special Defense and Defense] and offensive [Special Attack and Attack] base stats are switched.
- Shaymin gained the Sky Form as of Platinum and receives a reindeer-like appearance. A Gracidea Flower is needed for it to change forms, this item has no effect during nighttime and when Shaymin is in frozen status.
- After getting the National Dex and talking to Professor Oak in Eterna City, the Three Legendary Birds [ Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres] can be found roaming the Sinnoh region found at level 60.
- Bebe [The owner of Box PC System in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum] now gives the player an Eevee at level 20 while arriving at Hearthome City.
- In Veilstone City, a man gives the player a gift. It is a Level 25 Porygon.
- Once the player reaches the Resort Area, you will be able to own a house there. The player is able to put various of items into the house. Many items are extremely expensive and in game characters will come and visit depending on items in your house.
- Distortion World has been added and is known as the home of Giratina’s Origin Form and the final battle between the player and Cyrus.
- Pokémon back sprites are animated now.
- Random trainers appear in several Pokémon Centers all over Sinnoh. The trainers are able to be re-battled daily and generally increase in levels as the player goes through the game.
- Rotom receives five new forms based on electrical appliances.
The Battle Frontier
The Battle Frontier area from Emerald
version has been added to Sinnoh, containing five new Battle Facilities for trainers to challenge, each with its own special rules. Each facility is run by one of five new "Frontier Brains." The new battle formats in each facility allow players to challenge themselves in different ways.
Players can explore the Wi-Fi
Plaza - a virtual Pokemon amusement park filled with activities, including three mini games where up to 4 players can compete at once. Up to 20 players from around the world can connect together in the Wi-Fi plaza to experience the games, take part in parades, and even see a fireworks
4th Generation Pokémon
439. Mime Jr.